Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,435 members, 7,808,555 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:22 PM

"What Is The Origin Of The Catholic Church?" - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / "What Is The Origin Of The Catholic Church?" (13383 Views)

Catholic Church Cautions El-Rufai Over Religious Bill / Catholic Church Collapses In Enugu, Five Dead / The Catholic Pope Francis- There Is No Heaven Or Hell And Adam And Eve Not Real (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "What Is The Origin Of The Catholic Church?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:20am On Aug 31, 2014
chukwudi44:

That guy know absolutely nothing about church history!!! The dude only does copy and paste from Jack Chicks's website and does not even bother to cross check the information.He has absolutely no ideas about whho the church fathers are or what they even believed in!!

That site is not from Jack Chick's publication. Maybe I should delve into it now that you mentioned it.

And as for who the church fathers were check this site that you dread so much.

http://www.gotquestions.org/early-church-fathers.html
Re: "What Is The Origin Of The Catholic Church?" by wonda26(m): 8:25am On Aug 31, 2014
I simply have one question for you all 'non-catholic christians':

What is the origin of your own church?'

Why is it so convenient for you guys to try and blast the catholic church without you balancing the equation with that from whatever church you are a member of?

Plz, before any other thing, state the origin/history of your church.

Is it the one that started at my lecture class in the university or what? undecided Look at every street, churches springing up everywhere, each with its own doctrine. So, meaning not Christians b4 the 'new generational' churches? Or what?

Plz, when u devote ur time and research/paste your grievances on the catholic church, also do well to tell us about your 'church', its beliefs and all.
Re: "What Is The Origin Of The Catholic Church?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:29am On Aug 31, 2014
wonda26:

I simply have one question for you all 'non-catholic christians':

Why is it so convenient for you guys to try and blast the catholic church without you balancing the equation with that from whatever church you are a member of?

Is it the one that started at my lecture class in the university or what? undecided Look at every street, churches springing up everywhere, each with its own doctrine. So, meaning not Christians b4 the 'new generational' churches? Or what?

Plz, when u devote ur time and research/paste your grievances on the catholic church, also do well to tell us about your 'church', its beliefs and all.

Your objections and questions are addressed on this suggested link:

http://www.gotquestions.org/history-Christianity.html
Re: "What Is The Origin Of The Catholic Church?" by wonda26(m): 8:36am On Aug 31, 2014
OLAADEGBU:

Your objections and questions are addressed on this suggested link:

http://www.gotquestions.org/history-Christianity.html

What is your Church?.

Is that too hard to say? undecided

I really want to understand the aim behind your thread.

Is it that I am in the 'wrong' church ....or what?...OK. .if so, to which?

Is it that I should denounce Christianity completely?
Re: "What Is The Origin Of The Catholic Church?" by Jack65: 8:45am On Aug 31, 2014
wonda26: I simply have one question for you all 'non-catholic christians':

Apart from the Catholic Church every other church started almost the same way. They are all Protestants, king Henry wanted to divorce his first wife for a much hunger one but the then pope refused to anull their marriage because it's against the laws of the Catholic Church so Henry pulled out from the Catholic Church and formed the Anglican Church. To if a British prince is catholic or even marries a catholic he can not be the king.

Almost every other church since then were started much the same way. Somebody will have friction in his church and pull out to forme his own church, the likes of Lords Chosen comes to mind, or someone wakes up one morning and claims God called him to minister and all it takes is one year bible school and he becomes a pastor. Some will claim to have died and gone to heaven only to be sent back by Jesus to come and become a pastor.

I stopped believing all these bullsht many years ago.

2 Likes

Re: "What Is The Origin Of The Catholic Church?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:53am On Aug 31, 2014
wonda26:

What is your Church?.

Is that too hard to say? undecided

I really want to understand the aim behind your thread.

Is it that I am in the 'wrong' church ....or what?...OK. .if so, to which?

Is it that I should denounce Christianity completely?

If you read the link I suggested you would have got the answers you are asking for. smiley
Re: "What Is The Origin Of The Catholic Church?" by wonda26(m): 9:01am On Aug 31, 2014
Jack65:

Apart from the Catholic Church every other church started almost the same way. They are all Protestants, king Henry wanted to divorce his first wife for a much hunger one but the then pope refused to anull their marriage because it's against the laws of the Catholic Church so Henry pulled out from the Catholic Church and formed the Anglican Church. To if a British prince is catholic or even marries a catholic he can not be the king.

Almost every other church since then were started much the same way. Somebody will have friction in his church and pull out to forme his own church, the likes of Lords Chosen comes to mind, or someone wakes up one morning and claims God called him to minister and all it takes is one year bible school and he becomes a pastor. Some will claim to have died and gone to heaven only to be sent back by Jesus to come and become a pastor.

I stopped believing all these bullsht many years ago.

Exactly, my point.

Someone would just wake up one morning and paste any rubbish about the Catholic church. . . I just wonder what is the aim? Are they so vexed? Always protesting?

At least, the person should be able to tell me how his own church is the 'real' deal in terms of the 'points' he quoted. angry

For example, this thread that this OP started, he should tell me his own church also, its history and WHY his church...

Yes! Everyone one knows that church alone would not save you. So I'm not saying that Catholics would be saved simply because we are catholics. But, I can't just be dragged into an argument without an aim. At least, let's assume the protestants wants me to have a change of view, they should be able to lead me to that new view na abi? Not just looking for cheap ways to try ridicule the catholic church...

As for me, I love the Catholic Church. A catholic I would remain forever!

1 Like

Re: "What Is The Origin Of The Catholic Church?" by Jack65: 9:17am On Aug 31, 2014
wonda26:

Exactly, my point.

Someone would just wake up one morning and paste any rubbish about the Catholic church. . . I just wonder what is the aim? Are they so vexed? Always protesting?

At least, the person should be able to tell me how his own church is the 'real' deal in terms of the 'points' he quoted. angry

For example, this thread that this OP started, he should tell me his own church also, its history and WHY his church...

Yes! Everyone one knows that church alone would not save you. So I'm not saying that Catholics would be saved simply because we are catholics. But, I can't just be dragged into an argument without an aim. At least, let's assume the protestants wants me to have a change of view, they should be able to lead me to that new view na abi? Not just looking for cheap ways to try ridicule the catholic church...

As for me, I love the Catholic Church. A catholic I would remain forever!

You are right. All these Pentecostal Christians enjoy criticizing the Catholic Church. I don't why though. I see all Christians from the same lens, none is better than the other. But at least the Catholic Church is the first church, has a lot of history and has the most adherents. Maybe that's why they hate it.

1 Like

Re: "What Is The Origin Of The Catholic Church?" by Nobody: 9:26am On Aug 31, 2014
Jack65:

You are right. All these Pentecostal Christians enjoy criticizing the Catholic Church. I don't why though. I see all Christians from the same lens, none is better than the other. But at least the Catholic Church is the first church, has a lot of history and has the most adherents. Maybe that's why they hate it.

Na jealousy de worry dem.Most pentecosal churches are particulary envious of our huge membership as there are mainly after pecuniary motives.Unfortunately for then Jesus has already declared " The gates of hell shall Never prevail against his church".

1 Like

Re: "What Is The Origin Of The Catholic Church?" by Nobody: 9:29am On Aug 31, 2014
OLAADEGBU:

That site is not from Jack Chick's publication. Maybe I should delve into it now that you mentioned it.

And as for who the church fathers were check this site that you dread so much.

http://www.gotquestions.org/early-church-fathers.html

You want me to click on the link that told you constantine compiled the bible? The same constantine that dies around 365CE while the first church councils that decided the books of the bible was from 393-419CE.Seriously!!!!

1 Like

Re: "What Is The Origin Of The Catholic Church?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:34am On Aug 31, 2014
chukwudi44:

You want me to click on the link that told you constantine compiled the bible? The same constantine that dies around 365CE while the first church councils that decided the books of the bible was from 393-419CE.Seriously!!!!

Click on the link! What are you worried about? undecided
Re: "What Is The Origin Of The Catholic Church?" by wonda26(m): 9:34am On Aug 31, 2014
Jack65:

As in the thing dey tire me. Even if they must criticize, okay, end the argument with your own stance. Mba! They would just drop rubbish copied from one unaccountable source... No conclusion... No aim!

See this thread now, he is indirectly trying to saying 'the catholic church is false based on its history'... But he can't even state his church and his church's history / beliefs/ origin/ tradition.... So .... I don't understand
Re: "What Is The Origin Of The Catholic Church?" by cordj2: 9:36am On Aug 31, 2014
Proudly Catholic, I'm so fulfilled to be one
Re: "What Is The Origin Of The Catholic Church?" by cordj2: 9:47am On Aug 31, 2014
There are many virgin birth stories before Christ, by your write-up above, should we conclude that Christianity copied the story surrounding the birth of our savior Jesus Christ from the previous virgin births.
Re: "What Is The Origin Of The Catholic Church?" by wonda26(m): 10:18am On Aug 31, 2014
I have learnt how not to take these guys serious. They seem to practice their faith by trying to disprove the teachings oof the Catholic church...meanwhile they stand for nothing or can't express or show what their faith involves. .

Just keep PROTESTING!!! undecided

They are always more about what the catholic church does thaat they think shouldn't be done.. Finish! Just protestants!

2 Likes

Re: "What Is The Origin Of The Catholic Church?" by mojeer678: 10:46am On Aug 31, 2014
chukwudi44:

That guy know absolutely nothing about church history!!! The dude only does copy and paste from Jack Chicks's website and does not even bother to cross check the information.He has absolutely no ideas about whho the church fathers are or what they even believed in!!

And that means we should disregard the facts he posted?

It's understandable that you are upset with the truth but can you spare us from the futility of forcing your opinion on us?

We too can read, okay?

1 Like

Re: "What Is The Origin Of The Catholic Church?" by mojeer678: 10:48am On Aug 31, 2014
wonda26:

As in the thing dey tire me. Even if they must criticize, okay, end the argument with your own stance. Mba! They would just drop rubbish copied from one unaccountable source... No conclusion... No aim!

See this thread now, he is indirectly trying to saying 'the catholic church is false based on its history'... But he can't even state his church and his church's history / beliefs/ origin/ tradition.... So .... I don't understand

You can't understand grin

1 Like

Re: "What Is The Origin Of The Catholic Church?" by wonda26(m): 12:47pm On Aug 31, 2014
mojeer678:

You can't understand grin

Bros, una nor get yarnings
Re: "What Is The Origin Of The Catholic Church?" by Rich4god(m): 1:47pm On Aug 31, 2014
Rich4god: The bolded got my attention... Plz, can you help us name one or two of the church fathers...
@Ola... Dont run away from this question... Name me one or two church fathers that you claimed are the real christians aside the RCC... Am waiting o. Is you no respond, that means you dont know what you are talking about in this thread.
Re: "What Is The Origin Of The Catholic Church?" by Nobody: 1:56pm On Aug 31, 2014
mojeer678:

And that means we should disregard the facts he posted?

It's understandable that you are upset with the truth but can you spare us from the futility of forcing your opinion on us?

We too can read, okay?

FACTS ke? Are you sure you know the meaning of the word facts? If you know you have never studied church history,I will advise you not to come here and embarass yourself.Just sit by and read

3 Likes

Re: "What Is The Origin Of The Catholic Church?" by Gregdcutie(m): 2:22pm On Aug 31, 2014
Et unam sanctam catholicam....
Re: "What Is The Origin Of The Catholic Church?" by Olusanya333(m): 5:59pm On Aug 31, 2014
OLAADEGBU:

Are you also aware that the Romans also worship the planet Saturn from where you get Saturday? undecided

See my thread on Keeping the Sabbath. ==> https://www.nairaland.com/1839822/keeping-sabbath
And thats why God SANCTIFY it by himself.
Re: "What Is The Origin Of The Catholic Church?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:01pm On Aug 31, 2014
Olusanya333:

And thats why God SANCTIFY it by himself.

Just as God created for six days then rested on the seventh, man is to work for six days and rest on the seventh—to cease working. Those who trust in Christ's finished work on the cross have ceased trying to be justified through their own efforts and instead find their rest in Him. (See Heb. 4:3,10).
Re: "What Is The Origin Of The Catholic Church?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:05pm On Aug 31, 2014
chukwudi44:

If you are scared to click on the suggested link then go to the thread I opened here so as not to derail this one:

https://www.nairaland.com/1881660/early-church-fathers
Re: "What Is The Origin Of The Catholic Church?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:15pm On Aug 31, 2014
cordj2:

There are many virgin birth stories before Christ, by your write-up above, should we conclude that Christianity copied the story surrounding the birth of our savior Jesus Christ from the previous virgin births.

This will lead me to post the answers in cartoonese language as chukwudi44 has suggested. Why Mary would be crying in heaven if she sees what is happening in her name. Go to the thread below for the details.

https://www.nairaland.com/850609/why-mary-crying

1 Like

Re: "What Is The Origin Of The Catholic Church?" by Olusanya333(m): 9:36pm On Aug 31, 2014
OLAADEGBU:

Just as God created for six days then rested on the seventh, man is to work for six days and rest on the seventh—to cease working. Those who trust in Christ's finished work on the cross have ceased trying to be justified through their own efforts and instead find their rest in Him. (See Heb. 4:3,10).
Carnality affects u bro.
Re: "What Is The Origin Of The Catholic Church?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:42pm On Aug 31, 2014
Olusanya333:

Carnality affects u bro.

Legalism is equally not good. Let us walk and worship in the spirit and in truth.
Re: "What Is The Origin Of The Catholic Church?" by Olusanya333(m): 9:43pm On Aug 31, 2014
OLAADEGBU:

Legalism is equally not good. Let us walk and worship in the spirit and in truth.
And i'm talking about God commandment and not worship. Make I ask Is it right to keep the Ten commandment of God as a christain?Yes or No
Re: "What Is The Origin Of The Catholic Church?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:54pm On Aug 31, 2014
Olusanya333:

And i'm talking about God commandment and not worship. Make I ask Is it right to keep the Ten commandment of God as a christain?Yes or No

The Bible states that no one can be justified by keeping the Sabbath holy, or by keeping any other Commandment. All the 10 commandment does is bring the knowledge of sin to show us that we need a Saviour. Jesus fulfilled the demands of the Law, which means we can be justified with God through faith in Jesus alone.

"For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast" (Ephesians 2:8-9)

Let's not derail this thread meet me on the Sabbath thread I suggested.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "What Is The Origin Of The Catholic Church?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:03pm On Aug 31, 2014
Rich4god:

@Ola... Dont run away from this question... Name me one or two church fathers that you claimed are the real christians aside the RCC... Am waiting o. Is you no respond, that means you dont know what you are talking about in this thread.

I have now opened a thread that addresses your questions. Feel free to check it out.

https://www.nairaland.com/1881660/early-church-fathers
Re: "What Is The Origin Of The Catholic Church?" by Olusanya333(m): 10:24pm On Aug 31, 2014
OLAADEGBU:

The Bible states that no one can be justified by keeping the Sabbath holy, or by keeping any other Commandment. All the 10 commandment does is bring the knowledge of sin to show us that we need a Saviour. Jesus fulfilled the demands of the Law, which means we can be justified with God through faith in Jesus alone.

"For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast" (Ephesians 2:8-9)

Let's not derail this thread meet me on the Sabbath thread I suggested.
Trash....trash. Again I ask is it good to obey the Ten commandment of God?Yes or No
Re: "What Is The Origin Of The Catholic Church?" by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:43pm On Aug 31, 2014
Olusanya333:

Trash....trash. Again I ask is it good to obey the Ten commandment of God?Yes or No

Why is Mary crying?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Jesus Appeared To Chris Okotie At 3-years-old / Exposing the ignorance of atheism through simple class five poem / FROM FAITH TO Facts:collection Of My Thoughts, Experience & Sojourn In Religion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.