Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,561 members, 7,801,587 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 05:38 PM

University Of Ibadan Isn't The First Federal Uni. UNN Is. - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / University Of Ibadan Isn't The First Federal Uni. UNN Is. (3401 Views)

Miriam Ikejiani-Clark (Professor) Of UNN Is Dead / Is It True Prof Miriam Ikejiani-clarke of UNN Is Dead / Post Utme Form For B.ed Of Nwafor Orizu Collage Of Education Nsugbe In Affiliation With Unn Is Out(b (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: University Of Ibadan Isn't The First Federal Uni. UNN Is. by NewNigeriaMind: 4:02pm On Aug 29, 2014
chulla12:

You talking about a tribe in generalities....in a thread that did not mention one single tribe?

Or you do you want me to dumb it down for you some more?

The thread is an unnecessary thread because there is no basis to sample people opinion on this because we all know the truth.

While its dumb to take this on face value. some of us have to realize on NL the purpose if every thread is more important the thread itself.

when will you bigots stop dick measuring. THE REST OF NIGERIA IS TIRED OF IT.

FYI I said Igbo tribe because its mostly Igbo poster that bring up funny threads on this forum that usually lead to unnecessary tribal bashing.

I ask you again what is the purpose of this thread.
Re: University Of Ibadan Isn't The First Federal Uni. UNN Is. by dejt4u(m): 4:07pm On Aug 29, 2014
chulla12:

I am talking about the first federal university as tabled by the OP Jesus!

Is this how people fail jamb in Nigeria

if dis is hw u pass ur UTME, then m afraid!

Btw, You cannt pass JAMB..JAMB is nt an exam..

Lesson: never form ITK again..
Re: University Of Ibadan Isn't The First Federal Uni. UNN Is. by passion007: 4:13pm On Aug 29, 2014
University College, Ibadan was a campus of the University College, London.

University of Nigeria Nsukka was the first indigenous University in Nigeria.

If you understand the words used, there shouldn't be any argument.
Re: University Of Ibadan Isn't The First Federal Uni. UNN Is. by Nobody: 4:21pm On Aug 29, 2014
dejt4u:
if dis is hw u pass ur UTME, then m afraid!

Btw, You cannt pass JAMB..JAMB is nt an exam..

Lesson: never form ITK again..

What?

The OP already implied that UI is the first university by-

Argh! Never mind. Going in circles here. undecided
Re: University Of Ibadan Isn't The First Federal Uni. UNN Is. by Nobody: 4:23pm On Aug 29, 2014
People make many threads on NL for many reasons.

"My girlfriend's p*ssy stinks"

"Why are Nigerian men stingy"

"Tonto Dike in Sexy swimwear"

"Tiwa Savage slaps Don Jazzy"

This is called social media for a reason. Stop reaching and being overly upset over every little thread.

NewNigeriaMind:

The thread is an unnecessary thread because there is no basis to sample people opinion on this because we all know the truth.

While its dumb to take this on face value. some of us have to realize on NL the purpose if every thread is more important the thread itself.

when will you bigots stop dick measuring. THE REST OF NIGERIA IS TIRED OF IT.

FYI I said Igbo tribe because its mostly Igbo poster that bring up funny threads on this forum that usually lead to unnecessary tribal bashing.

I ask you again what is the purpose of this thread.

Re: University Of Ibadan Isn't The First Federal Uni. UNN Is. by Prescott001(m): 4:37pm On Aug 29, 2014
I am Morgan Ifeoluwa Obinna..Child of a Yoruba father and an Igbo mother .it seems funny but d reason u guys have been arguing is because u have no historian to tell u d fact.....U can say U.I was d 1st and at d same time u can say it wasn't...Y?As a historian,it should be noted DAT U.I was an aflliate to University of London.....b4 any Nigerian university ....then UNN came up and the next two YRS the current U.I got its name...so as Historians we agree that the 1st institution is UNN...because it was the first in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan Isn't The First Federal Uni. UNN Is. by gbanikiti(m): 6:23pm On Aug 29, 2014
That's not true. You can google it and do your research.

dejt4u:
stop spewing rubbish...

So are u telling me dat UNN is the 1st FEDERAL UNIVERSITY in Nigeria??

UNN, ABU and OAU were established at the same time
Re: University Of Ibadan Isn't The First Federal Uni. UNN Is. by gbanikiti(m): 6:33pm On Aug 29, 2014
We are saying the same thing, why not cool down , be calm and understand me.

University college of Ibadan was founded before UNN. But UNN is the first indigenous and federal university owned by Nigerians and awarded nigeria certifications.

NewNigeriaMind: The OP is definitely out for mischief because from all indications after independence in 1960, the south west already has university college Ibadan and Yaba college of Technology. Azikwe being an Igbo man and being the person he is felt there is a need to have another university in the east since most people before then from the east that had education was educated in Ibadan.

Nobody ever agrued which university was the first federal university. Just like we all know UNIVERSITY OF IBADAN IS THE FIRST UNIVERSITY IN NIGERIA.

Since we all know this fact, I beg to ask the question:

WHAT IS THE ESSENCE OF THIS THREAD.

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan Isn't The First Federal Uni. UNN Is. by gbanikiti(m): 6:36pm On Aug 29, 2014
Thanks. Please educate them. I owe you one free-ebola hug.

Prescott001: I am Morgan Ifeoluwa Obinna..Child of a Yoruba father and an Igbo mother .it seems funny but d reason u guys have been arguing is because u have no historian to tell u d fact.....U can say U.I was d 1st and at d same time u can say it wasn't...Y?As a historian,it should be noted DAT U.I was an aflliate to University of London.....b4 any Nigerian university ....then UNN came up and the next two YRS the current U.I got its name...so as Historians we agree that the 1st institution is UNN...because it was the first in Nigeria
Re: University Of Ibadan Isn't The First Federal Uni. UNN Is. by passion007: 6:44pm On Aug 29, 2014
Certificates issued by University College Ibadan bore the name of the parent school: University College London.

Certificates issued by UNN bore the name University of Nigeria

It was not until a few years later that University College Ibadan was renamed to University of Ibadan.

This makes University of Nigeria the first indigenous university in Nigeria.
Re: University Of Ibadan Isn't The First Federal Uni. UNN Is. by layrayson(m): 4:06am On Aug 30, 2014
NewNigeriaMind: The OP is definitely out for mischief because from all indications after independence in 1960, the south west already has university college Ibadan and Yaba college of Technology. Azikwe being an Igbo man and being the person he is felt there is a need to have another university in the east since most people before then from the east that had education was educated in Ibadan.

Nobody ever agrued which university was the first federal university. Just like we all know UNIVERSITY OF IBADAN IS THE FIRST UNIVERSITY IN NIGERIA.

Since we all know this fact, I beg to ask the question:

WHAT IS THE ESSENCE OF THIS THREAD.
I AGREE WITH YOU NEWNIGERIAMIND . THIS POST IS POINTLESS BUT AGAIN IT SEEMS TO EDUCATE PEOPLE WHO DON'T KNOW THAT THE FIRST UNIVERSITY FOUNDED BY THE NIGERIAN GOVERNMENT IS UNN.
FACT AND HISTORY STATES THAT UI IS THE FIRST UNIVERSITY IN NIGERIA(WE DON'T CARE WHO ESTABLISHED IT BUT IT HAD THE FIRST NIGERIAN UNDERGRADUATE ON HOMESOIL)

LETS NOT ALWAYS TALK ABOUT TRIBALISM COS ITS A DISTRACTION TO DEVELOPMENT. THERE WILL ALWAYS BE TRIBALISTIC PEOPLE AROUND(FACT) BUT WE SEEK TRUE DEVELOPMENT,PROGRESS AND UNITY WE NEED MAJORITY OF NIGERIANS TO SHUN TRIBALISM.(ITS NT HELPING AND IT WILL NEVER HELP)
Re: University Of Ibadan Isn't The First Federal Uni. UNN Is. by gbanikiti(m): 7:36am On Aug 30, 2014
You agree with NewNigeriaMind, yet you disapprove his point. I don't get that. He should first admit he's wrong and thus learn. The thread is to Educate people like him. Thanks

layrayson:
I AGREE WITH YOU NEWNIGERIAMIND . THIS POST IS POINTLESS BUT AGAIN IT SEEMS TO EDUCATE PEOPLE WHO DON'T KNOW THAT THE FIRST UNIVERSITY FOUNDED BY THE NIGERIAN GOVERNMENT IS UNN.
FACT AND HISTORY STATES THAT UI IS THE FIRST UNIVERSITY IN NIGERIA(WE DON'T CARE WHO ESTABLISHED IT BUT IT HAD THE FIRST NIGERIAN UNDERGRADUATE ON HOMESOIL)

LETS NOT ALWAYS TALK ABOUT TRIBALISM COS ITS A DISTRACTION TO DEVELOPMENT. THERE WILL ALWAYS BE TRIBALISTIC PEOPLE AROUND(FACT) BUT WE SEEK TRUE DEVELOPMENT,PROGRESS AND UNITY WE NEED MAJORITY OF NIGERIANS TO SHUN TRIBALISM.(ITS NT HELPING AND IT WILL NEVER HELP)
Re: University Of Ibadan Isn't The First Federal Uni. UNN Is. by NewNigeriaMind: 11:50am On Aug 30, 2014
chulla12: People make many threads on NL for many reasons.

"My girlfriend's p*ssy stinks"

"Why are Nigerian men stingy"

"Tonto Dike in Sexy swimwear"

"Tiwa Savage slaps Don Jazzy"

This is called social media for a reason. Stop reaching and being overly upset over every little thread.

Dude see the instances you put up there... it has no tribal undertone. still I only ask what s the purpose of opening threads that only seek to cause hatred, tribal bashing and disharmony. can you compare this thread purpose with the instance you put up there.

You might think I am being over criticizing the OP, but trust me have been on NL long enough to know the purpose of most threads on the politics section.

What is the question the OP is asking. Is that we don't know UI is the first niversity in Nigeria or the UNN is the first indigenous University. So please tell me what this topic is about if not to cause mischief. secondly, look at the way he drafted it, it all screams tribal dick measuring.

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan Isn't The First Federal Uni. UNN Is. by omololu2020(m): 2:57pm On Aug 30, 2014
gbanikiti: University college of ibadan was founded in 1947 and was made a federal university in 1963 then renamed University if ibadan. University of nigeria nsukka is the first federal and pioneer university in Nigeria. She was founded in 1960.

This isn't a tribalistic thread.

Table your arguments
UNN was establish along syd OAU,ABU,UNILAG não UNIBEN
Re: University Of Ibadan Isn't The First Federal Uni. UNN Is. by omololu2020(m): 3:02pm On Aug 30, 2014
chulla12:

Even at that, UNN is still the first federal university in Nigeria alongside ABU and OAU, being federal before UI.

I'm not sure why everyone is scratching their throat skins so aggressively, if we are all saying the same thing.
am not too sure,but i fink UNN was created by d eastern region govt,Abu was created in 1963 by d northern region govt,UI(1947),UNILAG(1963),IFE(1963),UNIBEN(1963) were all created by d western region govt,dey were all takin ova by d federal govt in 1975 or 1976
Re: University Of Ibadan Isn't The First Federal Uni. UNN Is. by layrayson(m): 7:25pm On Aug 30, 2014
gbanikiti: You agree with NewNigeriaMind, yet you disapprove his point. I don't get that. He should first admit he's wrong and thus learn. The thread is to Educate people like him. Thanks

I agreed with him partially but not fully and I stated my reasons...
@gbankiti mistakes makes us humans(thats why we are not perfect like God). When you want to point out someone mistake, try not making another mistake by criticizing them. the best you can do is provide a solution to their mistake. You think he is wrong but yet he thinks he is right(nothing you say is going to make him change his mind; thats every human nature). Take a look at things from his own perspective and also from your own perspective look at the similarities and differences. Agree with the similarities and state reasons why you also disagree( with the differences) don't say he is wrong
I believe if we start settling our differences this way there will be no tribalism and development will be the next way foward( not civil war or breakup)

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan Isn't The First Federal Uni. UNN Is. by gbanikiti(m): 7:54pm On Aug 30, 2014
Not true. Unn was founded in 1960. You can google the site up. Thanks

omololu2020: UNN was establish along syd OAU,ABU,UNILAG não UNIBEN
Re: University Of Ibadan Isn't The First Federal Uni. UNN Is. by Silverlight2014: 10:42am On Oct 11, 2016
and it is called University of Nigeria, and you never thought why.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Five Reasons Why You Should Stay ON CAMPUS!!! / If You Schooled In Uniport, You Must Know These Men. / What Course Did You Choose In Jamb??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.