Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,879 members, 7,802,839 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:58 PM

Cashless Policy; My Foot - My Experience - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Cashless Policy; My Foot - My Experience (445 Views)

My Experience With An Unarmed Robber In A Banking Hall / Card Fraudsters Find Big Hole In Cashless policy / World's Tallest Dog ZEUS. 7-foot Tall And Weighs 70kg. (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Cashless Policy; My Foot - My Experience by HSC(f): 2:50pm On Aug 29, 2014
With CBN cashless policy everywhere, I don't think the system is ready for Nigerians to embrace this.

My experience.
Used a POS in a supermarket in Abuja and the message was "network failure". Tried my ATM card again on the supermarkets second POS and got the same message of "network failure" so I had to pay cash. You wouldn't believe Fidelity Bank; my ATM card issuer deducted the money from my account twice like lightning. Six working days after i complained to Fidelity Bank, they reversed only one out of the two deductions and 18 working days after complaint, the second deduction is yet to be rectified. Every time I call customer service; its one apology or the other.

Spoke to a friend who also said his own N20,000 of 6 weeks ago (ATM - issuer inoperative) with the same Fidelity Bank has not been resolved. Whenever he calls too, its apologies.

Two other colleagues told me that was why they stopped using the bank for their transactions.

If you have been a victim of this in any of the banks; share your thoughts so that the Cashless "encouragers" (CBN) will know the system is "crippled"
Re: Cashless Policy; My Foot - My Experience by Melahou(m): 3:01pm On Aug 29, 2014
i was lucky cos mine was credited same day after the deduction...i was at home when i noticed the deduction and within an hour my account was credited...
GTB all the way
Re: Cashless Policy; My Foot - My Experience by HSC(f): 12:07pm On Sep 01, 2014
I have a GTB card too and its always within 48 hours. GTB has even called me on two occasions to confirm if i got a reversal.

Someone somewhere should please check Fidelity Bank. Filled Consumer Protection Council form online. Nothing yet from Them.

(1) (Reply)

Caf Names Ghanaian Referees For Super Eagles / National ID: Partnership With Mastercard Won’t Compromise National Database / Soldiers Kill 150 During Terrorists Attack On Konduga.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.