Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,801 members, 7,806,230 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 01:17 PM

SCANDALOUS: Outrage In Nigeria As Government Brands National ID Card With Master - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / SCANDALOUS: Outrage In Nigeria As Government Brands National ID Card With Master (29831 Views)

Buhari Presented With His National ID Card (Photos) / Kachikwu Sanctions NNPC Staff Over Scandalous Project Exposed By PREMIUM TIMES / ”APC To Release Scandalous Documentary Against President Jonathan" FFK (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: SCANDALOUS: Outrage In Nigeria As Government Brands National ID Card With Master by Nobody: 7:58pm On Aug 29, 2014
Imagine having a private company's logo on the Naira notes

3 Likes

Re: SCANDALOUS: Outrage In Nigeria As Government Brands National ID Card With Master by dnative(m): 8:01pm On Aug 29, 2014
AZeD1:

When you submitted your biometrics to the telecommunications company and embassies, did you also submit your financial details?

It's already here, BVN will link your biometrics to your financial details. http://www.bvn.com.ng/
Re: SCANDALOUS: Outrage In Nigeria As Government Brands National ID Card With Master by AZeD1(m): 8:02pm On Aug 29, 2014
ofsegs: Imagine having a private company's logo on the Naira notes
Or your international passport
Re: SCANDALOUS: Outrage In Nigeria As Government Brands National ID Card With Master by Nobody: 8:08pm On Aug 29, 2014
MasterCard don hammer for naija cheesy

1 Like

Re: SCANDALOUS: Outrage In Nigeria As Government Brands National ID Card With Master by KingAdeOluomo1(m): 8:08pm On Aug 29, 2014
Omo once u collect DAT ID card u don vote b DAT ooo no dulling Sharp Mr President
Jona till 2019
Nigeria with thief thief political sense

1 Like

Re: SCANDALOUS: Outrage In Nigeria As Government Brands National ID Card With Master by daslimentceo: 8:12pm On Aug 29, 2014
Kush, Flavour, Morell shine in 'Half of a Yellow Sun' theme song, 'Let’s Live Together' [MOVIE] http:///1qbTCDW
Re: SCANDALOUS: Outrage In Nigeria As Government Brands National ID Card With Master by daveemuobo(m): 8:12pm On Aug 29, 2014
MasterCard with a National ID card isn't bad.Though Verve from Interswitch would have been adopted IMO. Its not too okay to lend our identity to foreign companies. Besides, its a national product that should exude of patriotism.
These people sef.. undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: SCANDALOUS: Outrage In Nigeria As Government Brands National ID Card With Master by stevecantrell: 8:13pm On Aug 29, 2014
dnative:

It's already here, BVN will link your biometrics to your financial details. http://www.bvn.com.ng/
Re: SCANDALOUS: Outrage In Nigeria As Government Brands National ID Card With Master by UpLoyo: 8:18pm On Aug 29, 2014
TheBigUrban2:

You are gracefully foolish.

Tools like you do not understand the danger of putting all your trust in private companies that will put profit before your welfare.

Secondly, why would a foreign company's logo be on a nigerian document? Is it done in other countries?

God bless you richly. I just don't get how these ignoramus won't see anything wrong with this. Only a brain dead m0ron will call something a national ID card and then go ahead and brand it with a logo of an American company and a stup1d president was part of this? Wao, there's certainly no hope for naija. That's like having master card logo on your Nigerian Passport and saying it is ok.

3 Likes

Re: SCANDALOUS: Outrage In Nigeria As Government Brands National ID Card With Master by GodMode: 8:19pm On Aug 29, 2014
stevecantrell:

Its not up to you dude...if this thing goes live that's exactly what you're govt is gonna do to you. They want to bleep u in the ass while force you to smile at the same time. If you don't want this, petition your govt now before its too late. Its a long-term strategy but it will surely get to that one day.

The world is watching this keenly, if it succeeds here , they will roll out the scheme in other third world countries.

^^^^^^^^^^Smartest comment of the day

4 Likes

Re: SCANDALOUS: Outrage In Nigeria As Government Brands National ID Card With Master by whitecat007: 8:22pm On Aug 29, 2014
Why was it not kicked against until now Who are the people making decisions like this Are we sure Nigeria has not been sold to the highest bidder? Believe me I've seen scary things but, this takes the cake.

The logo must be removed, otherwise it should be boycotted by Nigerians. Foreign logo on national pride No way!!!

2 Likes

Re: SCANDALOUS: Outrage In Nigeria As Government Brands National ID Card With Master by desmondoo(m): 8:25pm On Aug 29, 2014
People don't understand why mastercard is involved on this. The reason is simply because of monetary transaction platform embeded in it. That's all. As for the identity database of nigerians, we run it, we manage it and we maitain it. This's a huge project which hav an imense benefit like in electorial process, revenue generation, crime reduction, banking transaction(mastercard comes in), travelling, etc. This wll make life easy in time to come. I cannot give u al d reasons why we are building this database. Relax , this wll take nigeria to a greatr height. Cheers

2 Likes

Re: SCANDALOUS: Outrage In Nigeria As Government Brands National ID Card With Master by GodMode: 8:25pm On Aug 29, 2014
olapluto: Systematic sales of Nigeria on the way. Imagine one day we have a very good president who starts to make policies that benefit Nigerians. If it is against the wish of the Americans, they sanction us (like they did to Russia). So what sanction?
Block our national ID card....And lets say by that time, banks have all been linked to 'national ID''mastercard'. Means a period of chaos. We wont be able to access our money, our lives and data will be under a button for the yanks to press.
Good one GEJ. You do well my brother from Otuoke.

Since most Nigerians are very religious.... the time their eyes will clear is when they have no choice but to accept the mark of the beast..

2 Likes

Re: SCANDALOUS: Outrage In Nigeria As Government Brands National ID Card With Master by Metrofox(m): 8:28pm On Aug 29, 2014
undeniableGrace: Sentiments should be put out of this. All around the world, key business modules work best on Public private partnerships with investors putting in funds for the project. Private hands are far better in handling government projects. Kudos to the operators for thinking really smart.

What do you think will happen when the American government demands for the very confidential data of Nigerians, do you know the level of risk we all are exposed to here? This is treason committed by our leaders.. What could happen if terrorist organizations lay their hands on our information, this company could even sell this thing to any interested private organization, for Christ's sake they're profit oriented.

2 Likes

Re: SCANDALOUS: Outrage In Nigeria As Government Brands National ID Card With Master by Metrofox(m): 8:30pm On Aug 29, 2014
and if the american government demands for the very confidential data of Nigerians, do you know the level of risk we all are exposed to here? This is treason committed by our leaders.. What could happen if terrorist organizations lay their hands on our information, this company could even sell this thing to any interested private organization, for Christ's sake they're profit oriented.. We need smart people to think for us

2 Likes

Re: SCANDALOUS: Outrage In Nigeria As Government Brands National ID Card With Master by GodMode: 8:31pm On Aug 29, 2014
obiscolly: Nigerians would always look for what to criticize. How many people among those talking don't use an ATM with the MasterCard or Visa logo. You weren't bothered about security when you were using it to make all your transactions I guess? So what makes this so different? Because it's coming under GEJ's administration haters will always have something to say. Hypocrisy at its peak!

I'm not of the opinion that MasterCard will compromise our data, however I feel it's of no significance implementing a payment function in the identity cards.

only political f:ools like you think stupidly... no one cares if its GEJ'S admin cos all politicians are the same.... The west is experimenting with Nigeria but you're too dull to see beyond your nose.

4 Likes

Re: SCANDALOUS: Outrage In Nigeria As Government Brands National ID Card With Master by ajl: 8:33pm On Aug 29, 2014
As it stands, if this plan go ahead the information of every Nigerian adult will in the long-term be in the hand of the American government. See what is happening to Google, Yahoo, etc. Why in the world would a government be happy to hand all the information of its citizen over to a private foreign entity. It's simple, most Nigerians including those in position of authority do not value information and to a large extent do not know the worth of citizen-based database that captures all the information of the adults in a country. Nigerians have a culture of doing the right things the wrong way.

And you know what?... MasterCard will now go back to sell the same information to Nigerian private companies that need it. This kind of information won't just be in the hand of MasterCard for noting. To them it's big business. I'll rather have a Nigerian private entity do this. This is a huge wrong move. I have national cards of two other countries and none of them bear any commercial logo. Damn.... "we stupid Africans again".

3 Likes

Re: SCANDALOUS: Outrage In Nigeria As Government Brands National ID Card With Master by GodMode: 8:33pm On Aug 29, 2014
abbakacici: American were angry when they found out that CIA and NIA are using a private company to store their database and spy on them, even-though the firm is an american firm with almost 90% of american employees. so why should Nigerian be happy that an american company will have easy access to all their private information. and the people using facebook as example are f00ls, how many nigerian have facebook account less than 15% and less 20% of nigerian have email addresses

secondly any serious company in the world will never give a foreign company access to all their vital information. for example Germany, canada and UK who are american best friend are doing everything possible to stop america from spying on them, so why should nigerian at-last try

^^^^Another blessed Nigerian with a bright thinking brain.....

3 Likes

Re: SCANDALOUS: Outrage In Nigeria As Government Brands National ID Card With Master by Urine: 8:34pm On Aug 29, 2014
Reading some comments here, you have to wonder if people actually have working brains. How can a sovereign government willfully hand over data of its citizens to a foreign organisation? How in this world does that make sense? I know most folks have inferiority complex issues but this is simple and straightforward you keep Nigerian data on Nigerian soil. As a Data Analyst this decision baffles me, in the past few months why has Germany and China being extra sensitive about their data falling into foreign hands? Folks are getting dumber by the day in this country.

6 Likes

Re: SCANDALOUS: Outrage In Nigeria As Government Brands National ID Card With Master by UpLoyo: 8:34pm On Aug 29, 2014
desmondoo: People don't understand why mastercard is involved on this. The reason is simply because of monetary transaction platform embeded in it. That's all. As for the identity database of nigerians, we run it, we manage it and we maitain it. This's a huge project which hav an imense benefit like in electorial process, revenue generation, crime reduction, banking transaction(mastercard comes in), travelling, etc. This wll make life easy in time to come. I cannot give u al d reasons why we are building this database. Relax , this wll take nigeria to a greatr height. Cheers

You are wrong, a national ID card should have nothing to do with your banking crime, revenue etc you mentioned. It should be simply for an identification purpose which the govt can then use in various ways. It should be a unique number period. Gosh you guys make it seems like brain surgery. I wonder what most of you do online that you can't educate yourself. And some clueless people who can't see beyond their noses start spilling out rubbish of how wonderful of an idea this is. over 50yrs after independence you can't still account for every citizen and we should be glad for an ID card that some people will make sure it doesn't work. Why in the world would you get a bank involved in a matter like this again? Funding? I don't think so.

2 Likes

Re: SCANDALOUS: Outrage In Nigeria As Government Brands National ID Card With Master by tit(f): 8:34pm On Aug 29, 2014
That logo should be removed from the id card.
Re: SCANDALOUS: Outrage In Nigeria As Government Brands National ID Card With Master by Nobody: 8:35pm On Aug 29, 2014
Lmao!!

But this is sad. These folks aren't just selling Nigerian assets to the highest bidders, they're also selling Nigerians as well. grin

Who shares the biometrics of its citizens with a private company, especially when the company is a foreign one? Where is the national security and independence in that?

Then adding a company's logo on a National ID card is just utterly disrespectful...only the country's logo should be on there. I've never seen any National ID card with a company's logo on it - not even student ID cards.

Anyway, I'll never understand Nigeria's type of capitalism - this looks like fascism plus slavery 2.0. These folks are nuts.

7 Likes

Re: SCANDALOUS: Outrage In Nigeria As Government Brands National ID Card With Master by Nobody: 8:36pm On Aug 29, 2014
NATIONAL IDENTITY CARD ? MASTERCARD LOGO? UHH?

I'm so ashamed of all of you supporting this nonsense. Ask yourselves if this shit is soo good, why isn't America doing same?

I see people already turned it to Northerners vs southerners. Our son vs them .

I hope you guys are just 18yrs olds or younger because if yall happen to be grown men 24 and up and talking like you don't know what sovereignty is, I sorry sorry oo !!

I will advise Nigerians not to patronize the ID card and instead opt for a drivers license.

What identifies you as a Nigerian now has mastercard on it. Do you know how many printing companies make IDs in the US? They dare put their name or logo on state IDs and or DL... This isn't something America itself will allow.

Nigerians wisen up. this isn't political. This is beyond politics, this is something else entirely.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: SCANDALOUS: Outrage In Nigeria As Government Brands National ID Card With Master by obiscolly(m): 8:38pm On Aug 29, 2014
GodMode:

only political f:ools like you think stupidly... no one cares if its GEJ'S admin cos all politicians are the same.... The west is experimenting with Nigeria but you're too dull to see beyond your nose.
Only an eediot like you isn't bothered about security when you use your ATM but come on public platforms to display your ignorance and stupidity. Who processes your ATM transactions? Isn't it MasterCard and Visa? U must be a pathetic joker to think they don't have your data...

The write up never even said MasterCard is storing sensitive data. They're just handling the transactions carried out with card. Illiterates like you with no common sense just spewing trash everywhere..

Cold blooded retardd!
Re: SCANDALOUS: Outrage In Nigeria As Government Brands National ID Card With Master by Nobody: 8:39pm On Aug 29, 2014
if nairaland IQ is the same as the national IQ then Nigeria is in deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep sh#@!t
no wonder, all smart nairalanders have since left
smh
Re: SCANDALOUS: Outrage In Nigeria As Government Brands National ID Card With Master by arresa: 8:39pm On Aug 29, 2014
Ogonimilitant: Who told you that crap. you sound like an illiterate Aboki. so having their
master card logo means the have all your data?

Is the whole idea of national id not about data and all your vital data? You sound like the illiterate here.

2 Likes

Re: SCANDALOUS: Outrage In Nigeria As Government Brands National ID Card With Master by Freest(m): 8:40pm On Aug 29, 2014
Must Nairalanders make their points with insults and dehumanizing statements? Can't we just maturedly post and counter post without d insults? Altho dey make me laugh but abeg, we don mature... Biko!!! cry
Re: SCANDALOUS: Outrage In Nigeria As Government Brands National ID Card With Master by Nobody: 8:42pm On Aug 29, 2014
Shaadey: Confused
it is just the term of aggrement . Naija allowed MasterCard to have her logo because MasterCard defrayed the fund for the project and only God and those who concerned can determine how many millionaire turned out from this National identity card on the part of Nigerians !!

To all of you wasting your time , make una simply doesn't waste your breath because this country is already sold since 18th century, GEJ and his government were just replicating, legally, who those blinded forefathers did in slave trade !

This is what we have when we put ill-educated people on mantle of leadership Money killed All African Leaders cuz of Ignorant and cluelessness

1 Like

Re: SCANDALOUS: Outrage In Nigeria As Government Brands National ID Card With Master by Nobody: 8:42pm On Aug 29, 2014
What can you really do to please Nigerians, I remember when this project started, some peeps on nairaland were saying government wants to use this medium to share money. Now, the Id card is out and someone is complaining that master card logo is on top, where is the one that sagem did without there logo on top? Malaysia did there own by themself abi, which Nigerian firm can handle this without embezzling money.
Re: SCANDALOUS: Outrage In Nigeria As Government Brands National ID Card With Master by Nobody: 8:43pm On Aug 29, 2014
obiscolly:
Only an eediot like you isn't bothered about security when you use your ATM but come on public platforms to display your ignorance and stupidity. Who processes your ATM transactions? Isn't it MasterCard and Visa? U must be a pathetic joker to think they don't have your data...

Cold blooded retardd!

So, in Nigeria, when you open a bank account, they take your biometrics (fingerprints, eye retinas etc.), no? Do you even know what biometrics mean?

Well, if bank take biometrics in naij - then I don't think I want a bank account there.

2 Likes

Re: SCANDALOUS: Outrage In Nigeria As Government Brands National ID Card With Master by Nobody: 8:44pm On Aug 29, 2014
but what type of a country is this sef? cry
chei!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

Lagos-ibadan Express Road Work In Progress / Hoodlums Attack Atiku’s Wife In Ibadan / 2023: PDP Has Settled For Northern Presidency – Babangida Aliyu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.