Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,452 members, 7,808,609 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:14 PM

Sister Of Dead Ebola Doctor Escaped From PH To Abia But Has Been Sent Back - Health (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Sister Of Dead Ebola Doctor Escaped From PH To Abia But Has Been Sent Back (64749 Views)

Rat Removed From A Patient’s Belly In Abia State (graphic Photo) / Mentally Unstable Couple Spotted In Abia - Photos / Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sister Of Dead Ebola Doctor Escaped From PH To Abia But Has Been Sent Back by emiye(m): 12:21pm On Aug 30, 2014
That PH doctor is a traitor, and he deserved to die. Imagine treating and managing an ebola patient in a local hotel, what now happens to the beddings,which the unaware hotel workers will have direct contact with.

A true and patriotic doctor will secretly inform the health authorities, and get the man locked down in a recognised isolation centre, but this criminal doctor was penny wise pound foolish.

2 Likes

Re: Sister Of Dead Ebola Doctor Escaped From PH To Abia But Has Been Sent Back by sensaraj(f): 12:30pm On Aug 30, 2014
[quote author=MisterLongman]Ignorance. Is indeed a big disease..... IMO she thinks avoiding the quarantine centre is same thing as avoiding ebola but if she already has this disease ( God forbid), she is putting life of the people she came in contact with on her away to abia at risk...... Nigerians are now putting other innocent nigerians at risk...... God punish that stupid ecowas diplomat patrick sawyer He deserves to be arrested for his stupid action. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin bros your head dey there
Re: Sister Of Dead Ebola Doctor Escaped From PH To Abia But Has Been Sent Back by Kylekent59: 12:33pm On Aug 30, 2014
Some pple are illiterate , how sure are u she had d intension of infecting others. Dis news is coined in a way dat it is going to be interesting in d minds of d readers, but isn't 100% true. So before u utter or type, pls reason.
Re: Sister Of Dead Ebola Doctor Escaped From PH To Abia But Has Been Sent Back by Emmynelly143(m): 12:45pm On Aug 30, 2014
Were did u read dat info from
Re: Sister Of Dead Ebola Doctor Escaped From PH To Abia But Has Been Sent Back by ElekeNtioba: 12:50pm On Aug 30, 2014
Funjosh:
At the bolded how

lol...i knew someone wuld ask me dis...it means it will perform more dan GNLD in getting people working for it if care is not taken
Re: Sister Of Dead Ebola Doctor Escaped From PH To Abia But Has Been Sent Back by Emmynelly143(m): 12:53pm On Aug 30, 2014
Kylekent59: Some pple are illiterate , how sure are u she had d intension of infecting others. Dis news is coined in a way dat it is going to be interesting in d mind of d reader but wasn't 100% true. So before u utter or type,pls reason.
Kylekent59: Some pple are illiterate , how sure are u she had d intension of infecting others. Dis news is coined in a way dat it is going to be interesting in d mind of d reader but wasn't 100% true. So before u utter or type,pls reason.
tanks dear
Re: Sister Of Dead Ebola Doctor Escaped From PH To Abia But Has Been Sent Back by Beync(f): 12:54pm On Aug 30, 2014
5thNOTE: are u not the one who wrote a pre-topic on this issue, this just confirming ur topic.
yes I am. I asked because in the real sense of quarantine, people who are under quarantine are not suppose to be moving freely among others talk more of escaping to other states. We r no more safe.
Re: Sister Of Dead Ebola Doctor Escaped From PH To Abia But Has Been Sent Back by Reference(m): 12:54pm On Aug 30, 2014
I repeat again. The disobedience and corruption of Nigerians is a major ally of this viral pandemic. At least we have no one, no government, no church, no mosque, no religion, no tribe, no political party to hide behind and blame for our woes. Can we now see that Nigeria is the way it is because of Nigerians, nothing else. Pity.

1 Like

Re: Sister Of Dead Ebola Doctor Escaped From PH To Abia But Has Been Sent Back by Beync(f): 12:55pm On Aug 30, 2014
Fourwinds:
she was not quarantine. after d case was discovered government wanted to get dose dat had contact with d doctor but she was no where to be found
serious
Re: Sister Of Dead Ebola Doctor Escaped From PH To Abia But Has Been Sent Back by Beync(f): 12:59pm On Aug 30, 2014
DaWorshiper:
Ask google! That's why what u're using is called a smart phone.
what's smart phone? Abeg am using 3310
Re: Sister Of Dead Ebola Doctor Escaped From PH To Abia But Has Been Sent Back by Reference(m): 1:02pm On Aug 30, 2014
emiye: That PH doctor is a traitor, and he deserved to die. Imagine treating and managing an ebola patient in a local hotel, what now happens to the beddings,which the unaware hotel workers will have direct contact with.

A true and patriotic doctor will secretly inform the health authorities, and get the man locked down in a recognised isolation centre, but this criminal doctor was penny wise pound foolish.

That is the thinking of the average Nigerian in all facets of life. From the doctor that knowingly handles clandestine ebola cases to the banker that launders billions for persons he rightfully knows who earn just thousands, to the immigration officers who are busy issuing passports to aliens in exchange for cash in the offices while their colleagues at the ports turn a blind eye to the thermometer readings and bid new infected cases through. The society is done, made up of saboteurs at all levels.

Most Nigerians will flee my friend.

2 Likes

Re: Sister Of Dead Ebola Doctor Escaped From PH To Abia But Has Been Sent Back by specco(m): 1:03pm On Aug 30, 2014
You people should apportion blame appropriately. Nobody is talking about diplomat IBIKUNLE who foolishly ran away from the lagos quarantine centre and came to PH to spread the virus.Is he not in the same mould with Patrick Sawyer? Sahara reporters made all the effort to shield his identity but thanks to the Rivers state health commissioner who disclosed his identity. Demonising the doctor and his care giver sister and keeping the escapee carrier, IBIKUNLE, out of the picture is not balanced.

3 Likes

Re: Sister Of Dead Ebola Doctor Escaped From PH To Abia But Has Been Sent Back by Forwetinnah: 1:04pm On Aug 30, 2014
IyfeNamikaze: i blame the dead doctor for all this! How can you know that your patient i suffering from EVD and still you didn't alert the ministry of health so that he can be quarantined. The doctor probably wanted to treat the man in secret so that he will chop alone, now look what his greed and selfishness has caused for his family. He knew he was treating an ebola patient yet he didn't alert his family members so that they can take some precautions. Again he must have thought that if he alerted his family members, they may alert the authorities about the patient for fear of their lives and his too.

That doctor is either wicked or stupid or maybe the two combined. How can you, a medical doctor be the one helping the spread of this virus ? are they not suposed to be the "enlightened" ones? why are they so wicked and greedy? i just don't understand at all.

only a few of our doctors are qualified to be called doctors. majority are as wack as they come!

Nigerian doctors endangering the lives of nigerians since 1960

Very greedy,money conscious set of people. Sometimes patients have to pay to use instruments or materials already provided by the government. Heard the dead Doctor's clinic is nothing to write home about...don't know how and why the medical association allow some of these quacks to operate substandard facilities. He must have infected some of his patients too.
Re: Sister Of Dead Ebola Doctor Escaped From PH To Abia But Has Been Sent Back by bigsam360(m): 1:13pm On Aug 30, 2014
Danrizzle: I tire for aficans... If it were whites, they would help themselves. If there's to be justice in the afterlife, all these wickedness would be considered as murder, btw sawyer might beat hitler, idi amin, stanlin, etc for worlds most wicked and deadliest killer.
The bolded, I believe it has to do with the kind of treatment and orientation they get whenever they turn themselves in. Here in Nigeria, if those that have been discovered and quarantined are given proper care and orientation and not outcasted in disguise(remember d condition in d Lagos centre), then I believe the issue of turning urselve in would be solved.
The government needs to work on how this pple are taken care of, ow they are treated, the kind of orientation dey get while in this isolation centers. These are things that encourage pple to turning dem selves in AND NOT SHOOTING THEM LIKE MOST PPLE HERE R SAYING...
Re: Sister Of Dead Ebola Doctor Escaped From PH To Abia But Has Been Sent Back by freshdude: 1:15pm On Aug 30, 2014
Benswaggy: one fucking annoying thing abt dz fucking doctor z dt, the fuckin Hotel where he treated dt fuckin patient secretly, z opposite my street.

How i wish i cud give him a second death 4 bein so silent all these while knwin fully well dt he had contact wif one of d people dt had contact wif Patrick sawyer.

Oh! dz z y I hate Africans.
Dude we're in ph is this hospital located, and what's the name.??
Re: Sister Of Dead Ebola Doctor Escaped From PH To Abia But Has Been Sent Back by temitemi1(m): 1:17pm On Aug 30, 2014
Nice one!
Re: Sister Of Dead Ebola Doctor Escaped From PH To Abia But Has Been Sent Back by Forwetinnah: 1:19pm On Aug 30, 2014
Vado: But, what sort of treatment did the late doctor give that ecowas diplomat that rid him off the virus? I mean, the man is believed to be doing fine now. undecided

But he's still positive to EVD though...
Re: Sister Of Dead Ebola Doctor Escaped From PH To Abia But Has Been Sent Back by MisterLongman(m): 1:20pm On Aug 30, 2014
daben1: arrest someone who's dead? go n arrest him in His grave...ur not updated at all
it is you that cannot comprehend what I posted.... FYI, Am talking about the ecowas diplomat that escaped to PH to get treated even though he knew the risk of his actions...... Now he is alive and kicking and the man that treated him is dead alongside putting the life of many people in danger.... Caspisce.
Re: Sister Of Dead Ebola Doctor Escaped From PH To Abia But Has Been Sent Back by Vado(m): 1:21pm On Aug 30, 2014
pigin: Ebola does not kill 100% of its victims, Maybe the E.cow was just being lucky.

Or maybe not undecided . There are discoveries in science made by accidentally doing something right. I know ebola doesn't have 100% fatal rate so if he recovered by luck, fine. But if it was as a result of something else administered, that's worth checking.
Re: Sister Of Dead Ebola Doctor Escaped From PH To Abia But Has Been Sent Back by Nobody: 1:34pm On Aug 30, 2014
Marc9: People's posts and comments actually depict their age, and level of maturity. I wonder why people joke, tease, bicker, and even brawl over critical issues like dis!

EVD is nt a laughing matter! Those under isolation aren't laughing nor smiling, why should u? A mere rumour cld make any1 an EVD suspect!

Lagos and Port Harcourt are just too densely populated, making it very hard to contain d spread of contagious diseases like EVD

What we need do is to ask God for help. Ask him to cleanse our land!

Rubbish! Typical black man, always running to an invincible god for help, when you can help yourself; shame to d black race.
Re: Sister Of Dead Ebola Doctor Escaped From PH To Abia But Has Been Sent Back by wallex1983(m): 1:40pm On Aug 30, 2014
malikmoreni: SHE DEY MAD,? SHE CRAZE THEY'RE JUST CAUSING TROUBLE EVERYWHERE

[size=18pt]They should quarantine her with a CAGE[/size]

E fit be you o.

Abi who go hear him death sentence wey no go fear?

E no easy bros. We just dey blame her ni
Re: Sister Of Dead Ebola Doctor Escaped From PH To Abia But Has Been Sent Back by wallex1983(m): 1:43pm On Aug 30, 2014
If you ask me, doctors are the fastest means to spread this disease and not school children.

That strike was a blessing in disguise

1 Like

Re: Sister Of Dead Ebola Doctor Escaped From PH To Abia But Has Been Sent Back by Funjosh(m): 1:43pm On Aug 30, 2014
ElekeNtioba:

lol...i knew someone wuld ask me dis...it means it will perform more dan GNLD in getting people working for it if care is not taken

HEHEHEHEHEHE grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Sister Of Dead Ebola Doctor Escaped From PH To Abia But Has Been Sent Back by Nobody: 1:49pm On Aug 30, 2014
wallex1983:

E fit be you o.

Abi who go hear him death sentence wey no go fear?

E no easy bros. We just dey blame her ni

I know na, so that it won't be me na cage dem need, imagine d trouble shez caused in abia
Re: Sister Of Dead Ebola Doctor Escaped From PH To Abia But Has Been Sent Back by omoadeleye(m): 1:50pm On Aug 30, 2014
but datx a criminal offence and she need to be prosecuted, she wanna become terrorist like Patrick sawyer
Re: Sister Of Dead Ebola Doctor Escaped From PH To Abia But Has Been Sent Back by Nobody: 1:56pm On Aug 30, 2014
Some people are just mentally sick and retarrded and selfish basstards. I mean!!! U have contact wif som1 who had ebola n u dnt want to come forward to be quarantined? Why? U wana leave dead bodies in ur wake? Jeez.
Re: Sister Of Dead Ebola Doctor Escaped From PH To Abia But Has Been Sent Back by nora544: 2:00pm On Aug 30, 2014
Onilaiscool: If you suspect you have come in contact with someone who has Ebola, PLEASE NOTE: Running to your village will not save you! It will rather ensure that you die and that you kill your relatives too. If you develop Ebola disease while hiding from quarantine, your story will come out eventually. Without good care, Ebola will kill you painfully. The good news is, the handling of reported Ebola cases in Nigeria is excellent. Ebola fatality rates in Nigeria are the lowest in the world right now. You have a good chance of staying alive if you seek help from the right authorities. Call 0800-EBOLA-HELP (0800-326524357) now. Please share this with all your contacts on Facebook, Whatsapp and BBM

It would also be great when you can write this on your facebook page that other people see it, because it will help!
Re: Sister Of Dead Ebola Doctor Escaped From PH To Abia But Has Been Sent Back by Mordyb: 2:10pm On Aug 30, 2014
that is just sheer wickedness
This confirm the saying that many are MAD but a few are ROAMING .
Re: Sister Of Dead Ebola Doctor Escaped From PH To Abia But Has Been Sent Back by sarutobie(m): 2:42pm On Aug 30, 2014
Reference: I repeat again. The disobedience and corruption of Nigerians is a major ally of this viral pandemic. At least we have no one, no government, no church, no mosque, no religion, no tribe, no political party to hide behind and blame for our woes. Can we now see that Nigeria is the way it is because of Nigerians, nothing else. Pity.
when I was saying it here that only a newbie in this country will swallow the "our leaders is the problem" mantra..I tell you of a truth, the average nigerian on the street Is just ridiculously self centered, selfish and just as corrupt as the leaders they always blame.can someone explain this wanton recklessness despite the great length the government has gone in enlightening the populace in every media available, can someone explain why a medical doctor can act so unprofessionally? And you tell me its all the fault of one single dude in aso rock??
Re: Sister Of Dead Ebola Doctor Escaped From PH To Abia But Has Been Sent Back by ifekemmy(f): 2:47pm On Aug 30, 2014
Govt needs to make more awareness of dis virus infection to pple, in rural n urban area,dey shld touch every nook and canny of d country. Our pple need more knowledge n counselling. Our telecom companies shld also be means of passing msg to our pple. All we see is fed govt dishing out huge mony n we can't see wat dey re using it for and dis virus is spreading day by day.
From lagos-abj-enugu-ph- now we dnt no wat wil happen now in abia.
Re: Sister Of Dead Ebola Doctor Escaped From PH To Abia But Has Been Sent Back by Brotherman(m): 3:00pm On Aug 30, 2014
pls is anybody having information concerning the diplomat that was secretly treated and what d status and condition of the diplomat?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

COVID-19: Our Hospitals Are Stretched, U.S Tells Citizens Leaving Nigeria / Third Coronavirus Case Confirmed In Lagos / Why It’s Dangerous To Start Having Sex Before 16

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.