Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,818 members, 7,806,297 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 02:19 PM

What Happens When The Wife Earns More? . - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Happens When The Wife Earns More? . (19827 Views)

His Wife Earns Four Times His Salary And Someone Must Resign / Photo Of The Day: When Your Wife Earns More Than You. / When The Wife Earns And Contribute More To The Union? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Happens When The Wife Earns More? . by allanphash7(m): 7:47am On Aug 30, 2014
your in law or you? you better confess
montestic: my inlaw became jealous wen my eldest sister, her wife, started her own trading busines & was doing wel. busines waz moving. she was contributing like 50% of d upkeep of d house. his husband would destroy her articles for sell and disgrace her in public once there was a little argument. he beat her atimes. nw her busines has fallen they are nw feeding frm hand to mouth. pity them. they cant even get a decent apartment. frm flat to 2 rooms, frm there to batcher without a good convinience wit 6 children.
Re: What Happens When The Wife Earns More? . by Nobody: 7:47am On Aug 30, 2014
lomaxx: My wife earning more than me doesn't automatically translate to her being the breadwinner. I will pick all my family bills to the last naira - my wife may choose to help at her discretion. Her money is her money. If I run into shortage, I may borrow from her- pick the bills. When I'm back on my feet, I'll pay back to the last dime.

Besides, who wouldn't be proud of a woman that makes more benjamins than he does? I definitely will be. On an alternate universe, I'll see it as a challenge to hustle harder and be the man she will always be proud of. Only insecure men go about hating on their wife's better income. Only lazy men will sit at home and wait for madam to pick family bills. I'm none of those.

My humble submission.

u ar too much my brother.only if some men wil av ur kind of thinking instead inferiority complex sets in he starts becoming aggressive.

1 Like

Re: What Happens When The Wife Earns More? . by virago(f): 7:51am On Aug 30, 2014
raumdeuter: If you want to avoid such problems marry a stark illiterate with no hope of making money

Even a stark illiterate can become a multi millionaire tomorrow , education is not the only key to riches

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Happens When The Wife Earns More? . by InvertedHammer: 8:02am On Aug 30, 2014
lomaxx: My wife earning more than me doesn't automatically translate to her being the breadwinner. I will pick all my family bills to the last naira - my wife may choose to help at her discretion. Her money is her money. If I run into shortage, I may borrow from her- pick the bills. When I'm back on my feet, I'll pay back to the last dime.

Besides, who wouldn't be proud of a woman that makes more benjamins than he does? I definitely will be. On an alternate universe, I'll see it as a challenge to hustle harder and be the man she will always be proud of. Only insecure men go about hating on their wife's better income. Only lazy men will sit at home and wait for madam to pick family bills. I'm none of those.

My humble submission.
/
You said "her money is her money"

Apparently you lack basic understanding of marriage.

\

11 Likes

Re: What Happens When The Wife Earns More? . by InvertedHammer: 8:06am On Aug 30, 2014

My humble submission.
/
You said "her money is her money"

She makes more money than you. Yet you pick all the bills. So what is her money for? Not for her family?

Apparently you lack basic understanding of marriage.

\

11 Likes

Re: What Happens When The Wife Earns More? . by zubby29(m): 8:09am On Aug 30, 2014
Rehil: It all boils down to d couples.i know that we are one,so wat belongs to me belong to him.he is the head of the family no matter what.God has placed him n not man who am i to question my God?i use to earn more than my husband some years back but i made sure i always present the money to him as our money.Presently i am not working,he collects his salary,brings it home n says its our salary.honestly dia shouldnt be division in d family as to who earns more,what d woman has belongs to d man n vice versa.u can earn millions more than ur husband but without his blessing and unity in the home u may never see the usefulness of such money.
u r very wise.nt b cos of money, I pray to marry a woman like u

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Happens When The Wife Earns More? . by nuges1(m): 8:11am On Aug 30, 2014
It's very hard for a woman who earns more than her husband to be submissive...it takes the grace of God#trustme

2 Likes

Re: What Happens When The Wife Earns More? . by DrGroove(f): 8:15am On Aug 30, 2014
It's mostly African husbands who feel bad by a wife earning more.African men are intimidated by even an educated woman tagging her proud .How much more when she is richer?It's called insecurity.I don't know where in the Bible it is written that its a big deal if a wife earns more.Just our societal mentality

2 Likes

Re: What Happens When The Wife Earns More? . by Nobody: 8:15am On Aug 30, 2014
To me i see it as a blessing,i do pray for such and my pals are like,am i out of my mind.i love career women.it wld help to build our dreams and establish a solid bizness

1 Like

Re: What Happens When The Wife Earns More? . by Rehil(f): 8:16am On Aug 30, 2014
zubby29: u r very wise.nt b cos of money, I pray to marry a woman like u
tanx.may God grant ur heart desire n give u someone better than me
Re: What Happens When The Wife Earns More? . by Rehil(f): 8:22am On Aug 30, 2014
kakakent:

Good day ma I hope our young girls will see this not all those useless feministic post where dem dey advise women to go fight there hussies
the so call feminist r just tryin to displace the natural order that God had arranged things.the day a woman considers herself as equal to her husband that day she is pronoucing judgement on herself.may God help us.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Happens When The Wife Earns More? . by donodion(m): 8:22am On Aug 30, 2014
Ezibless:
Lol @ Words of experience.

cheesy
smiles...my dear,at least u seen couples practising "family money" successfully.
Re: What Happens When The Wife Earns More? . by Rehil(f): 8:23am On Aug 30, 2014
YoungDaNaval: Wow! BIKO WILL YOU MARRY ME??
hahahahahaha yes i will
Re: What Happens When The Wife Earns More? . by oz4christ: 8:28am On Aug 30, 2014
It is indeed ok for a woman to earn more but guys, let's be honest. Look around u and tell me the kind of women u see. Only a few will earn more and still respect their husbands. These things are easier said than done. Even born again Christians don't. It starts little by little. Unless the man choose to play a fool.

5 Likes

Re: What Happens When The Wife Earns More? . by Ezibless: 8:29am On Aug 30, 2014
donodion:
smiles...my dear,at least u seen couples practising "family money" successfully.
Yes i've seen.
My parents do and i'm gonna follow their foot step. cool

1 Like

Re: What Happens When The Wife Earns More? . by Enasco1(m): 8:33am On Aug 30, 2014
If women should earn far higher than their husbands it only takes the Grace of God 4 them to be totally submissive.

2 Likes

Re: What Happens When The Wife Earns More? . by donodion(m): 8:36am On Aug 30, 2014
Ezibless:
Yes i've seen.
My parents do and i'm gonna follow their foot step. cool

That's a good one.Pls tell mama someone called Odion salutes her.Married Women who think not only about "my money my call' are receeding in numbers this days.

1 Like

Re: What Happens When The Wife Earns More? . by Nobody: 8:36am On Aug 30, 2014
I would love that. We would spend it together. She has to give me access to her account. I mean her ATM card and she has to let me know how she spends it. I would be the Minster of Finance of the Home. grin If I don't approve of anything she is not going to buy. We have a lot of projects to do. We need more money!

1 Like

Re: What Happens When The Wife Earns More? . by Bidex6444(m): 8:37am On Aug 30, 2014
Well, they are married and the woman should always respect her hubby even when she earn more than her hubby. But some woman won't agree to that if there's love which I know that there's no love any where all na wash the woman can help with some stuffs infact let her hubby take charge to their account and then plan how to make the family a lovely one. Instead of been rude or pride, women should bow to their hubby

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Happens When The Wife Earns More? . by Mendo007(m): 8:41am On Aug 30, 2014
kreezzy: I like this dude
he's married.
Re: What Happens When The Wife Earns More? . by RaphaellaDD(f): 8:46am On Aug 30, 2014
Re: What Happens When The Wife Earns More? . by Ezibless: 8:51am On Aug 30, 2014
donodion:

That's a good one.Pls tell mama someone called Odion salutes her.Married Women who think not only about "my money my call' are receeding in numbers this days.
#Big grin. I will
I'd show her the post seff lol.
You're a twin huh?
Re: What Happens When The Wife Earns More? . by Revolva(m): 8:51am On Aug 30, 2014
omo if a wife earns more ....the you ol boy find way to pass her oo cos if you make her vex..your own finish.....you will not have anything to hang on..oooo...i swear.....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Happens When The Wife Earns More? . by alotofgrace(m): 8:54am On Aug 30, 2014
montestic: my inlaw became jealous wen my eldest sister, her wife, started her own trading busines & was doing wel. busines waz moving. she was contributing like 50% of d upkeep of d house. his husband would destroy her articles for sell and disgrace her in public once there was a little argument. he beat her atimes. nw her busines has fallen they are nw feeding frm hand to mouth. pity them. they cant even get a decent apartment. frm flat to 2 rooms, frm there to batcher without a good convinience wit 6 children.

batcher? shocked

i dont know what she did to suffer these, was she becoming arrogant, disrespectful or bossy?
Re: What Happens When The Wife Earns More? . by Nobody: 8:56am On Aug 30, 2014
Mendo007:
he's married.
I don't want to marry him. And let him speak for himself
Re: What Happens When The Wife Earns More? . by AlfaSeltzer(m): 9:02am On Aug 30, 2014

My humble submission.
if you borrow money from your wife, then she is not really your wife.

2 Likes

Re: What Happens When The Wife Earns More? . by udohzone(m): 9:06am On Aug 30, 2014
That #Surulere Situation.........
Re: What Happens When The Wife Earns More? . by lalasticlala(m): 9:07am On Aug 30, 2014
ARES: it depends on who you marry.... when i met my wife, she earned a lot more than me but in all that time she made me feel like i am a millionaire, she never disrespected me, Today, i earn alot more than her and let me put it this way: after God its her....

some people may think that this thread is about the woman being bitchyy because she earns more, trust me most times it is our mind playing tricks on us as a man..... all her actions and inactions, you will attribute to her financial independence, most time it is not the case.

once you marry someone, not based on attributes be it money, big yanshh, big jugs, fair skin, dark skin, but based on personality, trust me u wont even notice who is richer.

good
Re: What Happens When The Wife Earns More? . by Haywhymido(m): 9:07am On Aug 30, 2014
Harbosede02: There's notin wrong if a wyf earns more dan ha husband,she jst make sure it doesn't get into ha head in orda nt to make ha hubby feel insecure.
which is what most women do, dey let it get into dia head,feel so proud n thinks dat d man doesnt deserve dem after sum months.They forget to remember d slum dat d man once picked dem frm or where dey start frm as d case may be.most women don't knw hw to handle things lyk dis n sum dat do get bad advice frm dia peers.when things become lyk dis it becomes an awful case 4 d man most especially.The number of women dat r richer dan dia husbands n still av successful homes is countable.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Happens When The Wife Earns More? . by anumide(f): 9:14am On Aug 30, 2014
As long as my man doesn't have have low self esteem, misinterpret any misbehaviour as pride, and work to earn a living, let the love continue

1 Like

Re: What Happens When The Wife Earns More? . by lalasticlala(m): 9:23am On Aug 30, 2014
234GT: The reality is that only a few ladies who earn far more than their husbands will remain submissive over time.

Forget all thses sweet talks. Money intoxicates!
Re: What Happens When The Wife Earns More? . by ayando(m): 9:30am On Aug 30, 2014
. That is a stupid man you know.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nigeria NGO Juli Education Foundation Hold Advocacy Sensitisation Program With E / Help: My Brother Is Addicted To Gambling / How Long Should A Widow Mourn Her Late Husband

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.