Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,455 members, 7,808,617 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:20 PM

How Can I Make This Winter Vacation To UK With A Tight Budget Of 400k - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / How Can I Make This Winter Vacation To UK With A Tight Budget Of 400k (2000 Views)

Suggestions For Summer/winter Vacation Spots In The Usa / My Detailed Trip From Lagos To Uk With Pixxx / Introduction Letter To UK Embassy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can I Make This Winter Vacation To UK With A Tight Budget Of 400k by nairalanduser: 11:41pm On Aug 29, 2014
We (2 people) intend going on vacation this winter from the last week of December and hope to stay for about 12 days with a budget of 400k.
The 400k is to cover for ticket to and fro for 2, 1 room accommodation in East London and some feeding .
I need advice from people who have gone on holiday on a winter and in London to advice if this is achievable.

Can I get a very cheap hotel with breakfast provision for less than 20 pounds in East London? with breakfast included. it's easier to find a way around feeding throughout the day as I intend cooking in my aunt's place most times.(no intention of sleeping over at her place). I have checked online and I'm seeing very expensive prices. My thought was that since its winter, it should go down. If possible the hotel shouldn't be too far from Dalston market (but if it is, I won't mind too much if only the hotel price will be less than 20pounds per night. )

Which dependable airline can we get at like 120k naira per person for a round trip? Have been seeing usual mid year prices for airlines like BA, Emirates et Co. Isn't winter supposed to be cheaper? Someone adviced on Air jordanian but I checked people's review and it wasn't wonderful. I wouldn't want to get lost in air!

We also have an intention of visiting Edinburgh for like 2-3 days.

If we can get a ticket of like 120k, that means 240k for 2 of us. then with a hotel of say 20pounds, then a total of 12 days is 240pounds (about 70,000 naira). So far is a total of N310,000. With the remaining 90k (about 315pounds), we can use for transport to Edinburgh and other miscellaneous.

is this achievable? If not, what cost options saving advice can we achieve in any of the major hurdles mentioned above?
Re: How Can I Make This Winter Vacation To UK With A Tight Budget Of 400k by Lucasbalo(m): 12:43am On Aug 30, 2014
That's going to be real tough because London is kind of expensive . Londoners, over to you guys.
Re: How Can I Make This Winter Vacation To UK With A Tight Budget Of 400k by ifegy: 12:52am On Aug 30, 2014
nairalanduser: We (2 people) intend going on vacation this winter from the last week of December and hope to stay for about 12 days with a budget of 400k.
The 400k is to cover for ticket to and fro for 2, 1 room accommodation in East London and some feeding .
I need advice from people who have gone on holiday on a winter and in London to advice if this is achievable.

Can I get a very cheap hotel with breakfast provision for less than 20 pounds in East London? with breakfast included. it's easier to find a way around feeding throughout the day as I intend cooking in my aunt's place most times.(no intention of sleeping over at her place). I have checked online and I'm seeing very expensive prices. My thought was that since its winter, it should go down. If possible the hotel shouldn't be too far from Dalston market (but if it is, I won't mind too much if only the hotel price will be less than 20pounds per night. )

Which dependable airline can we get at like 120k naira per person for a round trip? Have been seeing usual mid year prices for airlines like BA, Emirates et Co. Isn't winter supposed to be cheaper? Someone adviced on Air jordanian but I checked people's review and it wasn't wonderful. I wouldn't want to get lost in air!

If we can get a ticket of like 120k, that means 240k for 2 of us. then with a hotel of say 20pounds, then a total of 12 days is 240pounds (about 70,000 naira). So far is a total of N310,000. With the remaining 90k (about 315pounds), we can use for transport to Edinburgh and other miscellaneous.

is this achievable? If not, what cost options saving advice can we achieve in any of the major hurdles mentioned above?

Ask here:
https://www.nairaland.com/823855/general-uk-visa-enquiries-part/220
Re: How Can I Make This Winter Vacation To UK With A Tight Budget Of 400k by tolugar: 1:55am On Aug 30, 2014
Buy deep freezer, a big gen, en plenty drinks
Enter the freezer enjoy ur drink en fill the uk winter.

U ll still get change though for summer

3 Likes

Re: How Can I Make This Winter Vacation To UK With A Tight Budget Of 400k by justwise(m): 6:06am On Aug 30, 2014
Re: How Can I Make This Winter Vacation To UK With A Tight Budget Of 400k by nairalanduser: 8:42am On Aug 30, 2014
ifegy:

Ask here:
https://www.nairaland.com/823855/general-uk-visa-enquiries-part/220

That link is for visas and wont be visa needing a visa. Thanks

1 Like

Re: How Can I Make This Winter Vacation To UK With A Tight Budget Of 400k by nairalanduser: 8:50am On Aug 30, 2014
Lucasbalo: That's going to be real tough because London is kind of expensive . Londoners, over to you guys.

I really understand it's a tough task. I have gone to UK severally and know it's expensive but just want to know if any Londoner knows something I don't know to advice.

So Londoners, over to you..

3 Likes

Re: How Can I Make This Winter Vacation To UK With A Tight Budget Of 400k by finestboy1: 8:52am On Aug 30, 2014
@ OP its almost impossible to stay in london for 12 days with a 400K budget. The ticket alone should be going from 160k and above coz flights are usually expensive during Christmas.
Re: How Can I Make This Winter Vacation To UK With A Tight Budget Of 400k by DisGuy: 10:25am On Aug 30, 2014
your budget for hotel is totally unrealistic!

You might be able to scrap through with additional N100-N150,000
Re: How Can I Make This Winter Vacation To UK With A Tight Budget Of 400k by worry359(m): 11:03am On Aug 30, 2014
When you go for visa they will look at your finance and see that you want to spend all your funds on a short visit.
This makes you look a big risk of overstaying.
AUTOMATIC REJECTION!
Best save your limited funds for something else.
Re: How Can I Make This Winter Vacation To UK With A Tight Budget Of 400k by Nobody: 11:04am On Aug 30, 2014
worry359: When you go for visa they will look at your finance and see that you want to spend all your funds on a short visit.
AUTOMATIC REJECTION!

Did you read where he said he has a visa and is a regular traveler to the UK?

4 Likes

Re: How Can I Make This Winter Vacation To UK With A Tight Budget Of 400k by geek(m): 11:21am On Aug 30, 2014
worry359: When you go for visa they will look at your finance and see that you want to spend all your funds on a short visit.
AUTOMATIC REJECTION!

He's already written that he doesn't need a visa.

nairalanduser: We (2 people) intend going on vacation this winter from the last week of December and hope to stay for about 12 days with a budget of 400k.

You don't say how old you are but if you're under 30 you can stay at a youth hostel. There are none in the Dalston Market area but there are some in Greenwich. Costs vary depending on if you're willing to sleep in a dormitory (as cheap as £9 each) or private rooms (from £12). Take a look at http://www.hostelworld.com

As for Edinburgh, look into pre-booking on one of the coaches (http://www.nationalexpress.com). Cost will be in the region of £25 each way but look at several dates as the new year period is a peak time in Scotland because of the Hogmanay celebrations (www.edinburghshogmanay.org) and costs are higher.

Again you can look at an Edinburgh youth hostel to stay, but the recommendation is to book your travel and accommodation ASAP because it gets more expensive the later you leave it.

Can't help you with airlines but good luck!

1 Like

Re: How Can I Make This Winter Vacation To UK With A Tight Budget Of 400k by nairalanduser: 12:18pm On Aug 30, 2014
geek:

He's already written that he doesn't need a visa.

You don't say how old you are but if you're under 30 you can stay at a youth hostel. There are none in the Dalston Market area but there are some in Greenwich. Costs vary depending on if you're willing to sleep in a dormitory (as cheap as £9 each) or private rooms (from £12). Take a look at http://www.hostelworld.com

As for Edinburgh, look into pre-booking on one of the coaches (http://www.nationalexpress.com). Cost will be in the region of £25 each way but look at several dates as the new year period is a peak time in Scotland because of the Hogmanay celebrations (www.edinburghshogmanay.org) and costs are higher.

Again you can look at an Edinburgh youth hostel to stay, but the recommendation is to book your travel and accommodation ASAP because it gets more expensive the later you leave it.

Can't help you with airlines but good luck!

Very helpful post here.
yes I'm under 30. A private hostel may be an idea to exploit and Greenwich good option too. Thanks for that.
Had no idea about the hogmanay celebrations but now that I know will see how to plan the journey to Edinburgh that period. That's why it's good to ask questions.!

Many thanks for the sites, will check them out.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Make This Winter Vacation To UK With A Tight Budget Of 400k by claremont(m): 12:21pm On Aug 30, 2014
@OP: You would need to budget at least £40-£50/night for your hotel room. The only cheaper alternative is a shared room in a hostel, but as you are going as a couple, this alternative wouldn't be ideal. If you up your budget to £2000 for flights and hotel, it should be able to do the trick albeit very tightly.
Re: How Can I Make This Winter Vacation To UK With A Tight Budget Of 400k by Kk4(m): 2:16pm On Aug 30, 2014

wow! You are a systematic and well organized guy, I like. I don't know anything about UK holiday vacation. Good luck

1 Like

Re: How Can I Make This Winter Vacation To UK With A Tight Budget Of 400k by bis7(f): 11:42pm On Sep 01, 2014
For budget accommodation check on Gumtree Uk and BlazingMonkey you will find accommodation as cheap as £70 a week or even a place to stay free no necessity for an hostel .
Re: How Can I Make This Winter Vacation To UK With A Tight Budget Of 400k by kroomtravels: 4:18pm On Sep 02, 2014
I think i can help for the travel, i can help u plan you r itenarary for a return ticket via special fares for 150k for that period now, but i dont have any idea about the cheap hotel stuff, but i belive ther should be bed and breakfast spots there and that shouldnt go for more than 15 pounds a nights
Re: How Can I Make This Winter Vacation To UK With A Tight Budget Of 400k by nairalanduser: 6:06pm On Sep 02, 2014
bis7: For budget accommodation check on Gumtree Uk and BlazingMonkey you will find accommodation as cheap as £70 a week or even a place to stay free no necessity for an hostel .

ok thanks..gumtree UK is now full of criminals.
Re: How Can I Make This Winter Vacation To UK With A Tight Budget Of 400k by nairalanduser: 6:07pm On Sep 02, 2014
kroomtravels: I think i can help for the travel, i can help u plan you r itenarary for a return ticket via special fares for 150k for that period now, but i dont have any idea about the cheap hotel stuff, but i belive ther should be bed and breakfast spots there and that shouldnt go for more than 15 pounds a nights

thanks, will follow up L8r.

(1) (Reply)

Heavy Traffic Jam On Lagos-benin-ore Road (pics) / Nigerian In Montenegro Share Your Experience / Ghana To Abidjan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.