Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,901 members, 7,802,919 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:16 AM

Putin To The West: Don't Mess With A Nuclear-armed Russia. I Smell War. - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Putin To The West: Don't Mess With A Nuclear-armed Russia. I Smell War. (1017 Views)

Russia Reveals Secret Nuclear-armed Drone Sub high-speed Harbor Buster / Ghana Economy Is A Mess!!!! / Don't Mess With Nuclear Russia Putin Says (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Putin To The West: Don't Mess With A Nuclear-armed Russia. I Smell War. by moneybag100: 1:56am On Aug 30, 2014
Don't mess with Russia.

That was President Vladimir Putin's message on Friday, the same day a British government source claimed that Russian troops had significantly ratcheted up their military incursion into Ukraine.

Moscow doesn't want or intend to wade into any "large-scale conflicts," Putin insisted at a youth forum, state-run Itar-Tass reported. A few breaths later, he made the point that Russia is "strengthening our nuclear deterrence forces and our armed forces," making them more efficient and modernized.

"I want to remind you that Russia is one of the most powerful nuclear nations," the President said. "This is a reality, not just words."

He later warned, "We must always be ready to repel any aggression against Russia and (potential enemies) should be aware ... it is better not to come against Russia as regards a possible armed conflict."

The comments came the same day that Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov accused NATO of using "images from computer games" to -- in his view -- falsely make the case that Russian troops are in Ukraine. Lavrov said "hiding the evidence is an outstanding characteristic of the U.S. and many EU countries" with regard to Ukraine.

See the NATO satellite images

The thing is, many in the West don't believe much of anything coming out of Russia.

White House spokesman Josh Earnest said Friday that -- whatever the Kremlin says -- the reality is Russian troops are inside the Ukraine and have fired on Ukrainian military positions.

"Those denials are completely without credibility," Earnest said.

Source: http://cnnmobile.com/primary/fullarticle?articleId=cnn/2014/08/29/world/europe/ukraine-crisis&pageSize=10&category=intl
Re: Putin To The West: Don't Mess With A Nuclear-armed Russia. I Smell War. by vislabraye(m): 2:14am On Aug 30, 2014
The best way to go about this is through negotiation. Russia is a very big country that you cant threaten with sanctions.
Re: Putin To The West: Don't Mess With A Nuclear-armed Russia. I Smell War. by Nobody: 2:52am On Aug 30, 2014
Scary!!
Re: Putin To The West: Don't Mess With A Nuclear-armed Russia. I Smell War. by manny4life(m): 2:52am On Aug 30, 2014
vislabraye: The best way to go about this is through negotiation. Russia is a very big country that you cant threaten with sanctions.

Whether we agree or not, the sanctions are working.

1 Like

Re: Putin To The West: Don't Mess With A Nuclear-armed Russia. I Smell War. by Truckpusher(m): 2:58am On Aug 30, 2014
Putin is a noise maker ,when the shiit hits the fan I pray he walks the walk.
Re: Putin To The West: Don't Mess With A Nuclear-armed Russia. I Smell War. by castrogee(m): 3:23am On Aug 30, 2014
Of course the west can never mess with Russia militarily, all the west can do is to blow some hot air and throw some ineffective sanctions. Putin has all the cards!
Re: Putin To The West: Don't Mess With A Nuclear-armed Russia. I Smell War. by dazangel11(f): 5:00am On Aug 30, 2014
Noice maker
Re: Putin To The West: Don't Mess With A Nuclear-armed Russia. I Smell War. by fr3do(m): 5:30am On Aug 30, 2014
The western media propaganda against russia is now so heavy that it is becoming less convincing.

I think everybody should take chill pills.
In a nuclear war, everyone will suffer.

1 Like

Re: Putin To The West: Don't Mess With A Nuclear-armed Russia. I Smell War. by Vivalavida99(f): 5:57am On Aug 30, 2014
On the surface with the help of certain propaganda outlets, Putin is being painted as evil by the West. However in light of what the American's consider stabilizing a foreign government, such as Libya, or Iraq. Putin is perfectly reasonable to not want the American's stabilizing a neighboring country, and that such a Iraq / Libya style stabilization program could be considered at least as much a threat as the missiles were in Cuba. Putin wouldn't be out of line if he considered it his humanitarian duty to save all Ukrainians from becoming the next Libya or Iraq.

1 Like

Re: Putin To The West: Don't Mess With A Nuclear-armed Russia. I Smell War. by moneybag100: 9:58am On Aug 30, 2014
Vivalavida99: On the surface with the help of certain propaganda outlets, Putin is being painted as evil by the West. However in light of what the American's consider stabilizing a foreign government, such as Libya, or Iraq. Putin is perfectly reasonable to not want the American's stabilizing a neighboring country, and that such a Iraq / Libya style stabilization program could be considered at least as much a threat as the missiles were in Cuba. Putin wouldn't be out of line if he considered it his humanitarian duty to save all Ukrainians from becoming the next Libya or Iraq.
Sis putin is more evil than the west....If given the chance, he will become the second Hilter.
Re: Putin To The West: Don't Mess With A Nuclear-armed Russia. I Smell War. by uzoexcel(m): 4:43pm On Aug 30, 2014
its becoming frightenin so much i listen to alternative media sources nowadays
the first video was made before ghaddafi's death by drones

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gPKlyggraDE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MjNSgr9ZclI

a pattern is beginning to emerge.....sadly so
fr3do: The western media propaganda against russia is now so heavy that it is becoming less convincing.

I think everybody should take chill pills.
In a nuclear war, everyone will suffer.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Putin To The West: Don't Mess With A Nuclear-armed Russia. I Smell War. by uzoexcel(m): 4:43pm On Aug 30, 2014
and wat do u know abt that?
moneybag100:
Sis putin is more evil than the west....If given the chance, he will become the second Hilter.

1 Like

Re: Putin To The West: Don't Mess With A Nuclear-armed Russia. I Smell War. by uzoexcel(m): 4:45pm On Aug 30, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qSOOCos6Es4

Vivalavida99: On the surface with the help of certain propaganda outlets, Putin is being painted as evil by the West. However in light of what the American's consider stabilizing a foreign government, such as Libya, or Iraq. Putin is perfectly reasonable to not want the American's stabilizing a neighboring country, and that such a Iraq / Libya style stabilization program could be considered at least as much a threat as the missiles were in Cuba. Putin wouldn't be out of line if he considered it his humanitarian duty to save all Ukrainians from becoming the next Libya or Iraq.
Re: Putin To The West: Don't Mess With A Nuclear-armed Russia. I Smell War. by fr3do(m): 11:19pm On Aug 30, 2014
uzoexcel: its becoming frightenin so much i listen to alternative media sources nowadays
the first video was made before ghaddafi's death by drones

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gPKlyggraDE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MjNSgr9ZclI

a pattern is beginning to emerge.....sadly so

shocked my God
Putin has a point o.

1 Like

Re: Putin To The West: Don't Mess With A Nuclear-armed Russia. I Smell War. by uzoexcel(m): 11:22pm On Aug 30, 2014
sadly we dnt see this in the western media
its all becoming scary
fr3do:

shocked my God
Putin has a point o.
Re: Putin To The West: Don't Mess With A Nuclear-armed Russia. I Smell War. by fr3do(m): 11:26pm On Aug 30, 2014
I've been monitoring the bbc, for the past two weeks the first article on their front page has been about Ukraine, Russia.
They even do pass cnn.

Re: Putin To The West: Don't Mess With A Nuclear-armed Russia. I Smell War. by fr3do(m): 11:32pm On Aug 30, 2014
uzoexcel: sadly we dnt see this in the western media
its all becoming scary

The us media that usually plays with conspiracy theories in the spirit of reverse psychology, has not played with this one.

This isnt a conspiracy theory, its just the truth that can easily be deduced by considering laid down facts.

(1) (Reply)

Ukraine; ‘regime Change 101.’ America’s Soft Power Technique / Fbi: 94% Of Terrorist Attacks In The Us. Are Not By Muslims. / Naked Donald Trump Statue Leaves New Yorkers With The Giggles

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.