Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,290 members, 7,807,985 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:25 AM

Adamawa: How Jonathan, Mu’azu Saved Ribadu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Adamawa: How Jonathan, Mu’azu Saved Ribadu (1994 Views)

APC Will Know I’m An Attack Dog –adamu Mu’azu / Crashed 2015 Senatorial Deal: PDP Govs Angry With Jonathan, Mu’azu, Mark / Don’t Work For APC, Jonathan, Mu’azu Beg Oyinlola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Adamawa: How Jonathan, Mu’azu Saved Ribadu by Nobody: 6:11am On Aug 30, 2014
August 30, 2014 by Olusola Fabiyi

President Goodluck Jonathan and the National Chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party, Alhaji Adamu Mu’azu were instrumental to the granting of waiver to Mallam Nuhu Ribadu by the PDP in Abuja on Friday,Saturday PUNCH has learnt.

With this, Ribadu is cleared to take part in the party’s September 6 governorship primary in Adamawa State if he and others are cleared by the screening panel on Saturday (today).

Also cleared to face the panel are Brig. Gen. Buba Marwa (retd.) and Mr. Marcus Gundiri, who also applied for the waiver.

The President and Mu’azu’s intervention was sequel to the plan by majority members of the National Working Committee of the party not to grant waiver to Ribadu, who just joined the party barely a week ago from the All Progressives Congress.

Investigations by our correspondent however showed that majority of the NWC members were favourably disposed to granting waiver to Marwa and Gundiri.

When the case was presented to the President on Wednesday and Thursday, he was said to have bought the argument that if the party’s leadership did not want waiver, there wouldn’t have been any reason to insert it in the PDP constitution.

Besides, it was also agreed at the meeting that the disqualification of Ribadu and others could send wrong signals to other people in the opposition party who might be planning to defect to the ruling party soon.

It was said that the meetings agreed that the disqualification would mean that the doors of the party had been closed against such people.

A source at the two meetings said that while the President did not direct them to grant waivers to those who applied, he was said to have tactically asked them to follow the party’s constitution in their decision.

Section 50 (9) of the PDP constitution says, “There shall be a minimum of two- year membership span for a member to be eligible to stand for election into any public office, unless the appropriate executive committee gives a waiver or rules to the contrary.”

With this, it was said to have been difficult for the NWC members who were hitherto divided on the issue, not to grant Ribadu the much-needed waiver.

A source, who was at the meeting said, “The President did not direct us to give the waiver, but he said we should follow the constitution. In that case, what do we do? We have to read the President’s body language even though he is not in any way favouring anyone.”

Apart from this, he said the President also said the NWC members should allow the most popular candidate to emerge at the primary, citing the case of Ekiti State where he said he refused to anoint any candidate to the amazement of some of those who contested the governorship primary of the party in the state.

Before granting the waiver, the members of the NWC met again in Abuja on Friday where they considered the report of a committee set up to examine the issue. The committee was headed by the National Organising Secretary, Alhaji Abubakar Mustapha. The committee was set up because of the inability of the members of the NWC to agree on the waiver, an action that also stalled the planned screening of the 14 aspirants which was originally scheduled for Thursday.

Briefing journalists after the Friday meeting, the National Publicity Secretary of the party, Chief Olisa Metuh, said all the members of the NWC unanimously cleared all aspirants who expressed interest in contesting in the primary.

He said, “After very careful and thorough consideration of all applications and the report of the Alhaji Abubakar Mustapha-led Adamawa State PDP Governorship Waiver Committee, the NWC was satisfied that all the aspirants met the requirements stipulated by the PDP constitution to participate in the process.

“Consequently, waiver has been granted to General Buba Marwa, Engr. Marcus Gundiri and Mallam Nuhu Ribadu to take part in the exercise.”

He said the nomination process, including screening of aspirants as well as the primary election would be conducted with utmost transparency and strict adherence to rules and the principles of justice, fairness and equity.

http://www.punchng.com/news/adamawa-how-jonathan-muazu-saved-ribadu/

1 Like

Re: Adamawa: How Jonathan, Mu’azu Saved Ribadu by Nobody: 6:18am On Aug 30, 2014
It is very difficult to find plausible reasons to dislike President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan

21 Likes

Re: Adamawa: How Jonathan, Mu’azu Saved Ribadu by Nobody: 7:09am On Aug 30, 2014
If a man at the helm of affair as GEJ can allow others to make decisions without interference. I tell you humility is eaten him up to the bone marrow.

4 Likes

Re: Adamawa: How Jonathan, Mu’azu Saved Ribadu by 1United1: 7:21am On Aug 30, 2014
Sincere9gerian: It is very difficult to find plausible reasons to dislike President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan

I dey pity your life! 24Hrs onliine azzlicking a fisherman. Smh! angry

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Adamawa: How Jonathan, Mu’azu Saved Ribadu by BOAR: 7:28am On Aug 30, 2014
1United1:

grin grin. The guy mouth go don get sore from persistent arresselicking.

Every news must be twist to lick GEJ's arsee.

11 Likes

Re: Adamawa: How Jonathan, Mu’azu Saved Ribadu by 1United1: 7:32am On Aug 30, 2014
BOAR:

grin grin. The guy mouth go don get sore from persistent arresselicking.

Every news must be twist to lick GEJ's arsee.

I tire for the Native Doctor! The worst part, is that, he would pester and beg the Mods till they stick the nonsense on the Frontpage.

The guy is really irritating to the sane minds.

11 Likes

Re: Adamawa: How Jonathan, Mu’azu Saved Ribadu by Daguccizgreat(m): 7:38am On Aug 30, 2014
U hav a worse case here bro. A boko haram sympathiser like buhari always on ya lips. Don't be a hypocrite
1United1:

12 Likes

Re: Adamawa: How Jonathan, Mu’azu Saved Ribadu by Nobody: 7:53am On Aug 30, 2014
1United1:

I dey pity my life! 24Hrs onliine azzlicking Tinubu. Smh! angry
Rare moment of TRUTH from a confirmed Tinubu's attack dog

12 Likes

Re: Adamawa: How Jonathan, Mu’azu Saved Ribadu by Nobody: 8:12am On Aug 30, 2014
Lol...Ribadu is the next governor of Adamawa

2 Likes

Re: Adamawa: How Jonathan, Mu’azu Saved Ribadu by Nobody: 8:14am On Aug 30, 2014
1United1:

grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Adamawa: How Jonathan, Mu’azu Saved Ribadu by Firefire(m): 8:19am On Aug 30, 2014
chimoz: Lol...Ribadu is the next governor of Adamawa

by force by Fire! Yes, to shame the enemies ... thou I also like Buba Marwa

1 Like

Re: Adamawa: How Jonathan, Mu’azu Saved Ribadu by ochejoseph(m): 8:22am On Aug 30, 2014
Unlike in the APC where every candidate from councillorship to Governorship And presidential candidates are selected in the Palour of one man , the case was different here , even the president as commander in chief allowed fairness and equity to prevail providing a level playing ground for all aspirants ! Let the best candidate emerge

13 Likes

Re: Adamawa: How Jonathan, Mu’azu Saved Ribadu by vedaxcool(m): 8:23am On Aug 30, 2014
1United1:

Unah no go kill persin for nl grin
Re: Adamawa: How Jonathan, Mu’azu Saved Ribadu by lanrefront1(m): 8:54am On Aug 30, 2014
Daguccizgreat: U hav a worse case here bro. A boko haram sympathiser like buhari always on ya lips. Don't be a hypocrite

Seriously, you guys have a serious case of mental fixation. So many revelations about sponsors or links to Boko-Haram have been coming in recent times and none of them includes Buhari even in the remotest sense.

You guys are simply political jobbers given the job to spoil the man's reputation.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adamawa: How Jonathan, Mu’azu Saved Ribadu by titoetal(m): 9:07am On Aug 30, 2014
God Bless Nigeria!!!
God Bless our President and continue to grant him wisdom to put the nation on the part of peace and prosperity.

2 Likes

Re: Adamawa: How Jonathan, Mu’azu Saved Ribadu by deeobserver209(m): 9:23am On Aug 30, 2014
Good development. May the best man win the primaries.
Re: Adamawa: How Jonathan, Mu’azu Saved Ribadu by Daguccizgreat(m): 9:29am On Aug 30, 2014
Point of correction dude, am not a politian and will never be bc it's dirty here in Naija. Buhari opened his mouth and called boko haram freedom fighters.....which freedom ar they fighting? Stop sleeping on bicycle bro.
lanrefront1:

Seriously, you guys have a serious case of mental fixation. So many revelations about sponsors or links to Boko-Haram have been coming in recent times and none of them includes Buhari even in the remotest sense.

You guys are simply political jobbers given the job to spoil the man's reputation.

1 Like

Re: Adamawa: How Jonathan, Mu’azu Saved Ribadu by Nobody: 9:32am On Aug 30, 2014
Sincere9gerian: It is very difficult to find plausible reasons to dislike President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan
If na tinubu now, your story for change.

1 Like

Re: Adamawa: How Jonathan, Mu’azu Saved Ribadu by Nobody: 9:34am On Aug 30, 2014
Daguccizgreat: Point of correction dude, am not a politian and will never be bc it's dirty here in Naija. Buhari opened his mouth and called boko haram freedom fighters.....which freedom ar they fighting? Stop sleeping on bicycle bro.
you are so dumb, when did buhari become bamanga Tukur? Empty head.

www.punchng.com/news/boko-haram-fighting-for-justice-tukur/

5 Likes

Re: Adamawa: How Jonathan, Mu’azu Saved Ribadu by Nobody: 9:37am On Aug 30, 2014
ochejoseph: Unlike in the APC where every candidate from councillorship to Governorship And presidential candidates are selected in the Palour of one man , the case was different here , even the president as commander in chief allowed fairness and equity to prevail providing a level playing ground for all aspirants ! Let the best candidate emerge
let the highest bidder win. Story of pdp primaries.

2 Likes

Re: Adamawa: How Jonathan, Mu’azu Saved Ribadu by Nobody: 9:43am On Aug 30, 2014
Daguccizgreat: Point of correction dude, am not a politian and will never be bc it's dirty here in Naija. Buhari opened his mouth and called boko haram freedom fighters.....which freedom ar they fighting? Stop sleeping on bicycle bro.
You are a foolish man.... It was bamangar tukur that made that statement. Jonathan called them "his brothers" grin

2 Likes

Re: Adamawa: How Jonathan, Mu’azu Saved Ribadu by Nobody: 9:45am On Aug 30, 2014
1United1:

Sincere9gerian shey you see your life?

4 Likes

Re: Adamawa: How Jonathan, Mu’azu Saved Ribadu by Nobody: 10:07am On Aug 30, 2014
Ribadu has zero chance of clinching the PDP ticket if the primary election is free and fair; who are his loyalists or supporters in the Adamawa state PDP? The President Jonathan I know will not support any candidate, including Ribadu. That effectively makes Ribadu's aspiration dead on arrival.

The man don enter one chance. . . .he has been checkmated. After this misadventure, he will languish in political wilderness for the rest of his life.

5 Likes

Re: Adamawa: How Jonathan, Mu’azu Saved Ribadu by Daguccizgreat(m): 10:12am On Aug 30, 2014
I don't have time for a nymphomaniac like u. Keep peddling ur stuff
Obiagelli:
you are so dumb, when did buhari become bamanga Tukur? Empty head.

www.punchng.com/news/boko-haram-fighting-for-justice-tukur/

1 Like

Re: Adamawa: How Jonathan, Mu’azu Saved Ribadu by Nobody: 10:16am On Aug 30, 2014
Daguccizgreat: I don't have time for a nymphomaniac like u. Keep peddling ur stuff
empty head. Silly liar.

5 Likes

Re: Adamawa: How Jonathan, Mu’azu Saved Ribadu by Daguccizgreat(m): 10:19am On Aug 30, 2014
I don't have time to exchange tantrums wit a political sycophant like u. Keep off janjaweedian
barcanista: You are a foolish man.... It was bamangar tukur that made that statement. Jonathan called them "his brothers" grin

1 Like

Re: Adamawa: How Jonathan, Mu’azu Saved Ribadu by Nobody: 10:24am On Aug 30, 2014
Jonathan stands for Fairness and Equal playfield for everyone unlike the other people that call themselves progressives.

1 Like

Re: Adamawa: How Jonathan, Mu’azu Saved Ribadu by koboko69: 10:32am On Aug 30, 2014
Mumunigerian if na tinubu....na another story we go hear. Being foolish is your hobby.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adamawa: How Jonathan, Mu’azu Saved Ribadu by Iluvberem: 10:48am On Aug 30, 2014
koboko69:
Mumunigerian if na tinubu....na another story we go hear. Being foolish is your hobby.

And who shared this trash to me ?
Re: Adamawa: How Jonathan, Mu’azu Saved Ribadu by patrickmuf(m): 10:58am On Aug 30, 2014
Funny how you try to make a case for GEJ to paint him in good art when in reality it's not so...Check the definition of fairness and tell me how a loyal PDP member of all this years will feel if Ribadu clinches the party ticket...Our political parties are founded on poor or no ideology...
Re: Adamawa: How Jonathan, Mu’azu Saved Ribadu by OAM4J: 11:17am On Aug 30, 2014
chimoz: Lol...Ribadu is the next governor of Adamawa

If d primary is free and fair I dont see Ribadu winining Marwa. Marwa and his supporters made it easy for Nyako to be removed.

Anyhow it turns one or both of Marwa and Ribadu are bound to get Soludo's package.

There are interesting days ahead.

1 Like

Re: Adamawa: How Jonathan, Mu’azu Saved Ribadu by moyinoluwabun(m): 11:26am On Aug 30, 2014
Now I know the meaning of attack dogs. Someone posted a simple info and attached his own opinion, the next thing I read is attack from every angle. Seriously, some of u guys are bn paid here else you won't av time attacking one another. Get a life peeps!

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Shocking: How I Slaughtered Two Teenage Tiv Girls (photos Of Survivor) -suspect / 91-year-old Woman Raped, by 24-year-old Ekwunze Job Owen Jr. (A Nigerian) +Pics / APC Crisis: Oyegun, Lai Mohammed May Be First to go

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.