Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,816 members, 7,806,292 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 02:10 PM

Describe Your Dream Nikaah - Islam for Muslims (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Describe Your Dream Nikaah (8609 Views)

What Is Your Dream In Life? / What Is Your Dream ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Describe Your Dream Nikaah by AbdH: 8:15pm On Sep 09, 2014
Sixix: I haven't never given it a thought

Give it a thought, it will make you plan better.
Re: Describe Your Dream Nikaah by Sixix: 8:39pm On Sep 09, 2014
AbdH:

Give it a thought, it will make you plan better.

I don't think so

I am more interested in the man I will eventually end up with than a one-day affair
Re: Describe Your Dream Nikaah by AbdH: 8:51pm On Sep 09, 2014
Sixix:

I don't think so

I am more interested in the man I will eventually end up with than a one-day affair

But nikkah is a lifetime contract and not a one day affair unless you got my previous comment wrong.
Re: Describe Your Dream Nikaah by Sixix: 9:02pm On Sep 09, 2014
AbdH:

But nikkah is a lifetime contract and not a one day affair unless you got my previous comment wrong.

I thought Nikkah meant the ceremony.

Could you please explain?
Re: Describe Your Dream Nikaah by AbdH: 8:44am On Sep 10, 2014
Sixix:

I thought Nikkah meant the ceremony.

Could you please explain?

Nikkah is marriage.
I get what you mean though, the topic is about the ceremony and not the things that come after.
Since we can commit sins on that occasion, it is imperative that we plan on how it should be, at least to reduce the amount of sins and bidah that could surface on that day.
That is if it matters to you.

1 Like

Re: Describe Your Dream Nikaah by Zeinymira(f): 10:19am On Sep 10, 2014
Dream Nikaah
A big one with the invitees dressed in the appropriate way and maintaining silence while Mufti Ismail Menk(yeah! He will be the lecturer for that day grin grin) gives lecture on"Loving each other for the sake of Allah(that will be the topic for the day cheesy grin)". And yes all Islamic protocols will be duly observed.

4 Likes

Re: Describe Your Dream Nikaah by snubish: 3:06pm On Sep 11, 2014
my dream nikkah would be '3 contradictory' terms; if ever there was anything like that. Simple, cheap, and classy; if that were possible, lol. The extravagant are close to the shayitin.

1 Like

Re: Describe Your Dream Nikaah by Sixix: 7:12pm On Sep 11, 2014
AbdH:

Nikkah is marriage.
I get what you mean though, the topic is about the ceremony and not the things that come after.
Since we can commit sins on that occasion, it is imperative that we plan on how it should be, at least to reduce the amount of sins and bidah that could surface on that day.
That is if it matters to you.

Yeah, I agree but I don't think I will have that issue
Re: Describe Your Dream Nikaah by AbdH: 12:08am On Sep 12, 2014
Sixix:

Yeah, I agree but I don't think I will have that issue
Okay then.
Re: Describe Your Dream Nikaah by pinkish(f): 1:54am On Sep 12, 2014
A brother said; and going through it, its the perfect description of:
MY DREAM NIKKAH : ......................................................... On that fateful day, nothing extravagant, everything will just be simple and selelemsemsem.... No need to borrow 3000 chairs from the local Government Secretariat, just something small, no need to hire designers to decorate canopies, no photographer will even be 200km close to the wedding venue, no drum beats or drummers will be invited, no innovator will spearhead any event, no innovator will be invited except those who may be of kin, no dressing of any wedding car, no baloons whatsoever on any car or canopy, no unbeliever will be invited except those among the needy, the needy will be invited in large numbers, my bride MUST be on full jilbaab or preferably Niqaab not white wedding Christian gowns, no flower boys or flower girls, no body must give a standing ovation to another person of high status in the society, no clapping or screaming out of joy of any sort, no music will be played, no free mixing or intermingling with the opposite gender, the women invited will be reasonably covered, no half unclothedness or complete nudity, enough food to go round, it's not commpulsory that everyone must arrive at the same time period, their will be food throughout the day, whenever anyone comes he eats and goes, nobody should hang around or spend the night in my house, after eating the food and every other thing, GO!! No need to go to another venue for reception, I don't know what is reception. Before the walimah, no giving of yams, oil, fish or cloth to bride's family if its imposed on me, whatever I want I will give out of my own volition, if them no gree, then no marriage. ( What missed me couldn't have hit me and what hit me couldn't have missed me). Still on the wedding, no snapping of pictures with phones by anybody or groups of persons, it's my event, so na me dey run the show. Whoever is not willing to abide by these rules or whoever thinks all these are too harsh or extreme, then the person should not come. Personally, I won't attend a walimah where music is being played even if they are of kin. No spraying of money. Can our weddings be this simple? Must we earn the wrath of Allaah from Day 1? Ikhwaani,keep your weddings simple, there's Khair in it and Allaah blesses the simplest weddings!

3 Likes

Re: Describe Your Dream Nikaah by Binton: 10:48pm On Sep 14, 2014
I want just the aqeed with someone that will help me improve and maintain righteousness, if it's possible that I will be indoor while it is being done, I'll love it most but may Allah make it easy for me to curb ishraf and Haram things that day

2 Likes

Re: Describe Your Dream Nikaah by pinkish(f): 12:38am On Sep 15, 2014
Binton: I want just the aqeed with someone that will help me improve and maintain righteousness, if it's possible that I will be indoor while it is being done, I'll love it most but may Allah make it easy for me to curb ishraf and Haram things that day
Ameen.

1 Like

Re: Describe Your Dream Nikaah by ajibawealt(m): 4:10pm On Sep 17, 2014
@ Topic, moderate and inexpensive, but at the same time not a dull and gloomy occasion.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Fertility Issues And Contraception In Islam: / What Makes A Real Man In Islam / Saudi Arabia Concludes Arrival Stage Of 2019 Hajj, Records 1.8m Pilgrims

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.