Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,485 members, 7,781,453 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 02:39 PM

Ultimate Wrestling Match In Aba On August 31st 2014 - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Ultimate Wrestling Match In Aba On August 31st 2014 (1164 Views)

Suicide bombers Die In Failed Plot At Super Eagles Match In Ethiopia / Enyimba Fans Set Aba On Fire (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ultimate Wrestling Match In Aba On August 31st 2014 by naptu2: 8:48am On Aug 30, 2014
[size=14pt]Abia backs Commonwealth/Americas wrestling tourney[/size]

AUGUST 18, 2014 BY AGENCY REPORTER

Abia State Governor, Dr. Theodore Orji, has pledged his government’s support for the Commonwealth/Americas Unifying Wrestling Championship billed for Aba on August 31. The championship, which will feature wrestlers from the Commonwealth nations and the Americas, also involves some of Nigeria’s best musicians, who are expected to entertain the fans at intervals during the event which holds at the Luxury City Hotel, Umungasi, Aba.

Speaking in his office when the UPWF World Heavyweight Wrestling Champion, Osita Offor, also known as De Ultimate Commander, paid him a courtesy call, represented by his, Governor Orji said during a courtesy call by the UPWF World Heavyweight Wrestling Champion, Osita Offor (a.k.a. De Ultimate Commander), to his office that he was delighted with the ‘big event’ happening in his state.

The governor, who was represented by his deputy, Emeka Ananaba, said the fall-outs of the championship would help Abia State in its youth development programme.

http://www.punchng.com/sports/abia-backs-commonwealthamericas-wrestling-tourney/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f8fQBdnoS4Q
Re: Ultimate Wrestling Match In Aba On August 31st 2014 by naptu2: 8:52am On Aug 30, 2014
Luxury City Hotel, Aba on Sunday, August 31st 2014.

National Stadium, Lagos on Sunday, September 7th, 2014.
Re: Ultimate Wrestling Match In Aba On August 31st 2014 by naptu2: 9:53am On Aug 30, 2014
[size=14pt]Stevie Wonder leads stars to Nigeria, as Ultimate Commander begins camping
[/size]

on April 27, 2014 at 8:53 pm in Music, Sports

American music superstar, Stevie Wonder, is among the top stars expected in Nigeria for the country’s leg of the Nelson Mandela Commonwealth Nations and America Unifying Wrestling Championship, which will also hold in South Africa, the United States and Britain.

According to the Project Coordinator, ace musician, Tee Mac Itseli, the multi-talented Grammy Award winning star, will lead a strong cast of stars from the United States, Britain and South Africa, who will join Nigerians (musicians and comedians) to spice up the wrestling carnival in honour of the late Mandela.

According to Tee Mac, “we have some interesting stars coming for the event, but I think the coming of Stevie Wonder for the event further testifies to the power of Mandela name to draw the best in all areas even in death.

“Soon, we will come out with the list of all the participants in the championship, which is a collaboration of the South African High Commission, American embassy and the Ultimate Wrestling and Charity Organization (TUWCO).

Meanwhile, Universal Professional Wrestling Federation’s (UPWF) world champion, Nigeria’s Osita Offor, also known as De Ultimate Commander, has gone into camp to prepare for the championship, which will see him facing some of the top wrestlers in the profession.

The Nelson Mandela Commonwealth Nations and America Unifying Championship will take Nigerian, American, Canadian, South African and European wrestlers to South Africa, Britain, the US, Canada and Nigeria in celebration of the late South African legend, Dr. Nelson Mandela.

De Ultimate Commander said he has concluded consultations with top local and foreign wrestlers to ensure that he emerged from the bouts with his title still intact, adding that he is going into a closed camp to ensure full concentration in his preparation for the event.

“I am training locally here with Jimmy Palm because I want this title to remain in Nigeria.  “I have also been in touch with my coach, Jimmy Superfly Snuka, as well as the Barbarian and Earthquake because they are the ones in charge of my training.   I am waiting for certain things before I join them in the US,” he added.

De Commander said the Mandela Championship will begin in the South African cities of Johannesburg and Durban on July 18 and 20 respectively, hold in Lagos (July 25), Abia (July 27) and two cities in Britain on August 1 and 3, 2014.

On August 9 and 16, the championship will hold in the United States’ cities of Dallas and North Carolina on August 9 and 16, while the Canada leg on August 23 will round off the programme.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/04/stevie-wonder-leads-stars-nigeria-ultimate-commander-begins-camping/
Re: Ultimate Wrestling Match In Aba On August 31st 2014 by CeiW5k: 2:19pm On Aug 30, 2014
Re: Ultimate Wrestling Match In Aba On August 31st 2014 by naptu2: 6:17am On Aug 31, 2014
[[size=14pt]Aba bubbles for wrestling extravaganza![/size]

By EMMA NJOKU on August 31, 2014 ·
Sports

Wrestling fans in Aba are in for a thriller tonight as no fewer than 10 top international wrestlers from America and the Commonwealth nations flex muscles at the Luxury City Hotel in Umungasi, in the first of a three-leg wrestling extravaganza, that will also rock the city of Asaba later this week, with the grand finale billed for the National Stadium in Lagos on Sunday, September 7, 2014.

Tagged Wrestling for Global Peace and Unity, the event will feature the UPWF World Heavyweight Champion, Nigeria’s Osita Offor, popularly known as De Ultimate Commander among other notable international wrestlers including America’s Joe Legend and Hulk Hogan’s     look-alike, Harmse Wilfred, famous as Mr. Wrestling.

Others popular wrestlers in town for the big fight are   Debbes Hendrik Stephens a.k.a Tornado, Steve Eden, Mr. Perfect, Steve Eden, Kwaito Kidd, Jimmy Palm and WWP All Africa Heavyweight Champion, Ananzi, popularly known as The Lion of Africa.

Ahead of today’s fight, Ananzi as         sured Aba wrestling fans of maximum entertainment.

“It’s my first time in Nigeria and I’m really excited. Nigerian fans should expect one hell of a show from me” the lion roared.

“I’m one guy that loves to hate and hates to love. I don’t know who I’m going to wrestle, but I can take on anybody in the world. I can’t wait to know who I’m going to wrestle” he declared.

Also speaking in same vein, Mr. Wrestling promised residents of Enyimba City no dull moment.

“Nigerians are wonderful people. We’ve enjoyed very warm welcome since we arrived in Nigeria. I urge the wrestling fans in Aba, Asaba and Lagos to turn out in their numbers to watch the best of wrestling. There’s going to be no dull moment because I’m going to be at my best inside the ring”, Mr. Wrestling promised.

Tonight’s event will be a mixture of wrestling and music with famous artistes like  J. Martins, KCee, Sound Sultan, Harry Song, African China and Spyderman expected to thrill the audience while A-list comedian, AY and Nollywood actors Kanayo O Kanayo and Mr. Ibu will also entertain the crowd.

Meanwhile, the foreign wrestlers had a swell time on Friday night at AY’s popular Omisson Imporium in Lekki, Lagos with scores of wrestling fans, particularly,  ladies, scrambling to take photographs with the wrestlers. Mr. Wrestling stole the show as his admirers thought him to be the famous Hulk Hogan of the Wrestlemania fame.

http://sunnewsonline.com/new/?p=79566
Re: Ultimate Wrestling Match In Aba On August 31st 2014 by HenCq15: 8:15am On Aug 31, 2014

(1) (Reply)

Mourinho's Maddest Metaphors / Man Utd’s David De Gea ‘agrees’terms On Real Madrid Transfer / Diego Costa Hit With Three-match Ban

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.