Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,627 members, 7,801,814 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:11 AM

What Makes A Girl Single And Searching??? - Dating And Meet-up Zone - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Dating And Meet-up Zone / What Makes A Girl Single And Searching??? (1585 Views)

Singles And Searching Forum...lets Meet. / Single And Searching For A Wife / This Handsome Guy Is Single,and Searching For A Half Caste. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Makes A Girl Single And Searching??? by Mzflexydeeva(f): 11:19am On Aug 30, 2014
The term single and searching is largely used around the world today. In my opinion, a young lady is either single or married.
So then why are people quick to say a lady is single and searching simply because they haven't seen a man around her?

Come to think of it, what makes a lady single and searching
Is it the fact that she of age to be married
Or the fact people around her think she should be married
How often does a lady attach the title "single and searching" to herself simply because her peers are all either married or engaged

A lady can choose to be alone for a period of time pursuing others things without prior interest in the opposite sex.

Again, my question is, what makes a lady "single and searching"
Re: What Makes A Girl Single And Searching??? by lomaxx: 11:31am On Aug 30, 2014
You've answered your question.
Re: What Makes A Girl Single And Searching??? by Mzflexydeeva(f): 11:43am On Aug 30, 2014
lomaxx: You've answered your question.
are you sure? The rate @ which people use the term, it's as though some people have real definition for it
Re: What Makes A Girl Single And Searching??? by lomaxx: 11:57am On Aug 30, 2014
Mzflexydeeva: are you sure? The rate @ which people use the term, it's as though some people have real definition for it

I Dunoo.
Re: What Makes A Girl Single And Searching??? by Mzflexydeeva(f): 1:01pm On Aug 30, 2014
lomaxx:

I Dunoo.
okay
Re: What Makes A Girl Single And Searching??? by harrysterol(m): 2:46pm On Aug 30, 2014
Op r u been called single n searching? If yes is the answer den u will know exactly from the context the r referring to

A Lady can't be single and married at thesame time, that is agreed

So it implies if yu have attained a certain age which u are expected to have a spouse and your still found Wanting, that when the phrase comes in Searching in reality every mature lady is ought to have no excuse, is either u get married,or have a fiancee...so if your not among this 2 distinct class your inbetween and the best word is Searching for such an individual
Re: What Makes A Girl Single And Searching??? by Mzflexydeeva(f): 3:03pm On Aug 30, 2014
harrysterol: Op r u been called single n searching? If yes is the answer den u will know exactly from the context the r referring to

A Lady can't be single and married at thesame time, that is agreed

So it implies if yu have attained a certain age which u are expected to have a spouse and your still found Wanting, that when the phrase comes in Searching in reality every mature lady is ought to have no excuse, is either u get married,or have a fiancee...so if your not among this 2 distinct class your inbetween and the best word is Searching for such an individual
nice point...... so when a lady attains a certain age to the public and isn't married or in a committed relationship she is single I agree. Who adds the searching? Isn't d one with the headache suppose to take d medicine Y does the world automatically tag her searching? Is she really searching?
Re: What Makes A Girl Single And Searching??? by harrysterol(m): 3:25pm On Aug 30, 2014
Mzflexydeeva: nice point...... so when a lady attains a certain age to the public and isn't married or in a committed relationship she is single I agree. Who adds the searching? Isn't d one with the headache suppose to take d medicine Y does the world automatically tag her searching? Is she really searching?
I tot I made the point clear.... the society sees u as sme one who cn mke use an opportunity if she sees it, meaning if u c a man u wil grap it, that to say your actually searching

1 Like

Re: What Makes A Girl Single And Searching??? by Mzflexydeeva(f): 3:55pm On Aug 30, 2014
Hmmmmmmmmmm
harrysterol: I tot I made the point clear.... the society sees u as sme one who cn mke use an opportunity if she sees it, meaning if u c a man u wil grap it, that to say your actually searching
Re: What Makes A Girl Single And Searching??? by jnrbayano(m): 12:37pm On Dec 02, 2014
As my people would say, there's an age/stage a lady will attain and the question posed to her ceases to be "who gave birth to her" but now, "who marries her"

Past that age/stage and the lady remain unmarried, the word "searching" will be attached to her status.
Re: What Makes A Girl Single And Searching??? by Mzflexydeeva(f): 1:25pm On Dec 02, 2014
jnrbayano:
As my people would say, there's an age/stage a lady will attain and the question posed to her ceases to be "who gave birth to her" but now, "who marries her"

Past that age/stage and the lady remain unmarried, the word "searching" will be attached to her status.
hmmmmmmm! What happens to her not wanting to marry
Re: What Makes A Girl Single And Searching??? by jnrbayano(m): 2:12pm On Dec 02, 2014
Mzflexydeeva:

You have a case here however you should by now know that the society pass verdict/form stereotypes out of majority's opinion.
Re: What Makes A Girl Single And Searching??? by Mzflexydeeva(f): 2:58pm On Dec 02, 2014
jnrbayano:

You have a case here however you should by now know that the society pass verdict/form stereotypes out of majority's opinion.
that's exactly my point. Majority opinion I agree but it doesn't make it a general opinion
Re: What Makes A Girl Single And Searching??? by jnrbayano(m): 3:12pm On Dec 02, 2014
Mzflexydeeva:
that's exactly my point. Majority opinion I agree but it doesn't make it a general opinion

Population and sampling comes to mind.
Re: What Makes A Girl Single And Searching??? by Nobody: 4:07pm On Dec 02, 2014
is Genevieve single Yes! is She searching ? that's For her To decide .what anybody thinks is irrelevant. same applies to any one else.

1 Like

Re: What Makes A Girl Single And Searching??? by Mzflexydeeva(f): 5:32pm On Dec 02, 2014
jnrbayano:

Population and sampling comes to mind.
okay
Re: What Makes A Girl Single And Searching??? by Mzflexydeeva(f): 5:37pm On Dec 02, 2014
Preciousone4ril:
is Genevieve single Yes! is She searching ? that's For her To decide .what anybody thinks is irrelevant. same applies to any one else.
#GBAM! Nicely said. My point exactly. cool
Re: What Makes A Girl Single And Searching??? by Nobody: 6:54pm On Dec 02, 2014
Am single.

But, i dnt even know if am searching or not.

Truthfully.., there are times i wish that word "MARRIAGE" shouldn't have been created.

where one can have a child if he/she desires, without expecting commitment from the other person.

And, society, religion and family wont come up with their condemning attitudes.
Re: What Makes A Girl Single And Searching??? by Mzflexydeeva(f): 7:12pm On Dec 02, 2014
missbronze:
Am single.

But, i dnt even know if am searching or not.

Truthfully.., there are times i wish that word "MARRIAGE" shouldn't have been created.

where one can have a child if he/she desires, without expecting commitment from the other person.

And, society, religion and family wont come up with their condemning attitudes.
hmmmmmmmm
Re: What Makes A Girl Single And Searching??? by tpiadotcom: 6:08pm On May 06, 2015
aunty, why are you so anti-marriage? ie anti-relationship.

your matter don tey sef.
Re: What Makes A Girl Single And Searching??? by tpiadotcom: 6:11pm On May 06, 2015
Mzflexydeeva:

can you stop disturbing us with this your "not wanting to marry" mantra?

how many times must you broadcast it?
Re: What Makes A Girl Single And Searching??? by Mzflexydeeva(f): 6:13pm On May 06, 2015
tpiadotcom:

can you stop disturbing us with this your "not wanting to marry" mantra?

how many times must you broadcast it?
wats ur own?
Re: What Makes A Girl Single And Searching??? by Mzflexydeeva(f): 6:14pm On May 06, 2015
tpiadotcom:
aunty, why are you so anti-marriage? ie anti-relationship.

your matter don tey sef.
lol.....

(1) (Reply)

Searching For A Lady/woman For Relationship / Fun Unlimited Whatsapp Group / Need A Good Man For My Sister(ready For Marriage )

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.