Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,286 members, 7,807,969 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:27 AM

Opinion: Increased Power Supply, Pipeline Vandalism And The Weather - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Opinion: Increased Power Supply, Pipeline Vandalism And The Weather (4485 Views)

Unassailable Facts About Pipeline Vandalism / Power Generation Drops By 1,000MW Due To Gas Pipeline Vandalism / Two Pastors, 28 Others Nabbed Over Pipeline Vandalism (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Opinion: Increased Power Supply, Pipeline Vandalism And The Weather by Nobody: 11:31am On Aug 30, 2014
I am really delighted with the increase in power supply recently, i am interested in how we got to this level and how to sustain or improve on this success.

Sincere9gerian, how exactly did the government get Tinubu and Buhari’s boys off our gas pipelines?

OR

Can this increased supply be attributed to increased water level in our hydro dams, thanks to the rain.

Sincere9gerian, should we start celebrating or will tinubu and Buhari’s boys resume work during the dry season.

2 Likes

Re: Opinion: Increased Power Supply, Pipeline Vandalism And The Weather by Nobody: 11:32am On Aug 30, 2014
cc: barcanista Gbawe, kel4soft, neenar, obiagelli ,
descartes, egift, arewafederation, Egbagirl, donroxy,
Sweetlemon , donphilopus, BEREM, desola ,
demdem , lakpalakpa , whitecat007 , ,
lakpalakpa, omenka, ShehuAba , omenka , Rawani,
tribaleast kolaaderin soroptimist MizMyColi, Ngwakwe
and all Omexonomy, jmaine, mikeansy, Firefire, Mynd44, Obinoscopy, nduchucks, lacasa

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Increased Power Supply, Pipeline Vandalism And The Weather by Nobody: 11:36am On Aug 30, 2014
Is electricity stable? Or increased? How many hours? Where in Lagos is your case study? We have to get our facts right before coming to conclusion. If 75% lagos residents and 75% Nigerians in both north and south could testify of this improved power then we can be right to say power has improved. Also with less than 5000MegaWatt, you don't expect power to improve significantly across Nigeria.

We need to get our facts before endorsing propaganda

2 Likes

Re: Opinion: Increased Power Supply, Pipeline Vandalism And The Weather by Nobody: 11:37am On Aug 30, 2014
Sincere9gerian:
Boko Haram is causing havoc in the north while Tinubu's boys are vandalising power infrastructure in the south. Every weapon fashioned against my fatherland shall not prosper. The activities of these bad elements, though may cause temporary setbacks but eventually, it shall come to nullity.

www.nairaland.com/1394288/why-someone-vandalize-gas-pipeline
Re: Opinion: Increased Power Supply, Pipeline Vandalism And The Weather by Nobody: 11:38am On Aug 30, 2014
Sincere9gerian: Tinubu dogs are clearly at work in Lagos- destroying Lagos gas pipelines and punishing innocent citizens just to discredit govt and advance the selfish political ambition and expand the political territories of Tinubu.

www.nairaland.com/1579141/poor-power-supply-lagos-area
Re: Opinion: Increased Power Supply, Pipeline Vandalism And The Weather by OtunbaJega: 11:39am On Aug 30, 2014
light worst for my area.. no light for 2days now...I no know why una dey use 10% of lagos judge everywhere

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Increased Power Supply, Pipeline Vandalism And The Weather by Nobody: 11:39am On Aug 30, 2014
Sincere9gerian: The Transmission Company of Nigeria, TCN, has blamed the recent nationwide power rationing on vandalism of the gas pipeline supplying gas to the Okpai Power Plant in Delta State.

This was contained in a statement by the TCN General Manager, Public Affairs, Mrs. Seun Olagunju, yesterday in Abuja.

She said there had been about 450MW reduction in electricity generation since the vandalism last Saturday and that this would last till November 26 when repair work on the damaged part would be completed.

The firm said relevant stakeholders were currently working on the repair of the vandalised plant that had been shut down.

“The repair work is expected to be completed within three days and Okpai Power Plant will expectedly resume generation on November 26,” it said.

The TCN appealed to electricity consumers nationwide to bear with the temporary inconvenience, pleading with them to help government in protecting TCN installations.

“TCN regrets the inconveniences to the Federal Government and our highly esteemed electricity consumers nationwide.

“We advise members of the public to work with the government in protecting installations and facilities meant for our socio-economic development,” it said.

http://nationalmirroronline.net/new/why-power-shortage-persists-transmission-fi-rm/

www.nairaland.com/1530386/threat-make-nigeria-ungovernable-yet
Re: Opinion: Increased Power Supply, Pipeline Vandalism And The Weather by Collynzo16: 11:40am On Aug 30, 2014
The increase in Boko haram activities and the accompanying media wave since the Chibok girls were kidnapped have distracted the APC from carrying out their usual vandalization of Gas pipelines.
I pray they aren't allowed any where near those pipelines again.

11 Likes

Re: Opinion: Increased Power Supply, Pipeline Vandalism And The Weather by Nobody: 11:41am On Aug 30, 2014
OtunbaJega: light worst for my area.. no light for 2days now...I no know why una dey use 10% of lagos judge everywhere
barcanista: Is electricity stable? Or increased? How many hours? Where in Lagos is your case study? We have to get our facts right before coming to conclusion. If 75% lagos residents and 75% Nigerians in both north and south could testify of this improved power then we can be right to say power has improved. Also with less than 5000MegaWatt, you don't expect power to improve significantly across Nigeria.

Thank you broda
Re: Opinion: Increased Power Supply, Pipeline Vandalism And The Weather by Nobody: 11:41am On Aug 30, 2014
Obiagelli: cc: barcanista Gbawe, kel4soft, neenar, obiagelli ,
descartes, egift, arewafederation, Egbagirl, donroxy,
Sweetlemon , donphilopus, BEREM, desola ,
demdem , lakpalakpa , whitecat007 , ,
lakpalakpa, omenka, ShehuAba , omenka , Rawani,
tribaleast kolaaderin soroptimist MizMyColi, Ngwakwe
and all
Obiagelli,why na only my name you write for capital letters? Answer me before I contribute for your thread. grin
Re: Opinion: Increased Power Supply, Pipeline Vandalism And The Weather by Nobody: 11:42am On Aug 30, 2014
barcanista: Is electricity stable? Or increased? How many hours? Where in Lagos is your case study? We have to get our facts right before coming to conclusion. If 75% lagos residents and 75% Nigerians in both north and south could testify of this improved power then we can be right to say power has improved. Also with less than 5000MegaWatt, you don't expect power to improve significantly across Nigeria.

There is substantial improvement compared to say January/February, at least from my observation.

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Increased Power Supply, Pipeline Vandalism And The Weather by Nobody: 11:43am On Aug 30, 2014
Obiagelli:

There is substantial improvement compared to say January/February, at least from my observation.
You didn't rspond to my points. Where and where are your case study? Where did you observe? Let us get our fact right. I dnt endorse bogus claims, pls back it up with fact
Re: Opinion: Increased Power Supply, Pipeline Vandalism And The Weather by Nobody: 11:43am On Aug 30, 2014
berem: Obiagelli,why na only my name you write for capital letters? Answer me before I contribute for your thread. grin
lol, i copied those names from one of barcanista's thread, maybe we should ask him. grin

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Increased Power Supply, Pipeline Vandalism And The Weather by Nobody: 11:45am On Aug 30, 2014
Collynzo16: The increase in Boko haram activities and the accompanying media wave since the Chibok girls were kidnapped have distracted the APC from carrying out their usual vandalization of Gas pipelines.
I pray they aren't allowed any where near those pipelines again.
oh really, tell me more.

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Increased Power Supply, Pipeline Vandalism And The Weather by Nobody: 11:47am On Aug 30, 2014
barcanista: You didn't rspond to my points. Where and where are your case study? Where did you observe? Let us get our fact right. I dnt endorse bogus claims, pls back it up with fact
my home and farm as well as a few others i have spoken to.

Maybe you are having transformer problem grin wait for Sincere9gerian to address us.

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Increased Power Supply, Pipeline Vandalism And The Weather by Nobody: 11:50am On Aug 30, 2014
Obiagelli:
lol, i copied those names from one of barcanista's thread, maybe we should ask him. grin
Oh I see! grin

@post, well my hood has not experience bad supply of electricity since we had a new feeder(or whatever it is called) for the past 2years. So we are safe. PHCN dey try for my area.

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Increased Power Supply, Pipeline Vandalism And The Weather by Nobody: 11:51am On Aug 30, 2014
Obiagelli:
you just broke the law angry
All my comments, posts and threads are copyrighted. No part thereof shall be reproduced whether in full or in part without my consent. Hope you have a good Lawyer? grin

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Increased Power Supply, Pipeline Vandalism And The Weather by OtunbaJega: 11:52am On Aug 30, 2014
Obiagelli:

Maybe you are having transformer problem grin wait for Sincere9gerian to address us.

Transformer problem ko...Iike we've not had such fake improvement in the past...even during the obasanjo era, there are times when light becomes stable just for people to pay up bills..Then pam!!!, back to square one...

Meanwhile, no light for my area for 2days naw... Dnt tell me abt transformer nonsense

2 Likes

Re: Opinion: Increased Power Supply, Pipeline Vandalism And The Weather by Nobody: 11:53am On Aug 30, 2014
barcanista: you just broke the law angry
All my comments, posts and threads are copyrighted. No part thereof shall be reproduced whether in full or in part without my consent. Hope you have a good Lawyer? grin
grin grin giulty as charged.

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Increased Power Supply, Pipeline Vandalism And The Weather by Nobody: 11:54am On Aug 30, 2014
Obiagelli:

you haven't mentioned the areas. Like I usually say, let's be factual
Re: Opinion: Increased Power Supply, Pipeline Vandalism And The Weather by OtunbaJega: 11:55am On Aug 30, 2014
barcanista: you haven't mentioned the areas. Like I usually say, let's be factual

Maybe she needs Amanpour to open her eyes to the scam once more.

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Increased Power Supply, Pipeline Vandalism And The Weather by Nobody: 11:59am On Aug 30, 2014
Obiagelli:
grin grin giulty as charged.
4 ur case I accept out of court settlement!!!

@ topic: I've not seen any improvement other than the usual trick to make one pay bills and also endorse a propaganda. Let me tell you hw its done... They will giv 12hrs lite to Ikoyi for dis month, surulere nxt month, apapa another month, mushjin other month, alimoso another month etc... After the 1month/few weeks "enjoyment" they will gradually reduce to 8hrs 2day, 4hrs and back to 2hrs(depending on location). The cycle is usually repeated till election year.

NOTE: every areas take turns to enjoy this "gift". It has been happening since Obj days.

3 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Opinion: Increased Power Supply, Pipeline Vandalism And The Weather by Nobody: 12:02pm On Aug 30, 2014
OtunbaJega:

Maybe she needs Amanpour to open her eyes to the scam once more.
Maybe she's new in Lagos or she draws judgement based on her location

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Increased Power Supply, Pipeline Vandalism And The Weather by Nobody: 12:03pm On Aug 30, 2014
OtunbaJega:

Transformer problem ko...Iike we've not had such fake improvement in the past...even during the obasanjo era, there are times when light becomes stable just for people to pay up bills..Then pam!!!, back to square one
i think power supply is usually high during the rainy season when the hydro dams are full while its usually very poor in the dry season.
The pdp guys here like to praise gej when there is power and blame the opposition when its going bad.

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Increased Power Supply, Pipeline Vandalism And The Weather by Nobody: 12:05pm On Aug 30, 2014
Nationwide Electricity Peaks At 4500MW As Brazilian Firm Builds 700mw Plant

30 Aug 2014

By Chineme Okafor
Nigeria’s electricity generation profile has again risen to approximately 4500 megawatts, in addition to excess considerable spinning reserve, the Minister of Power, Prof. Chinedu Nebo said yesterday in Abuja.

Nebo’s disclosure of this recovered electricity generation capacity also coincided with Nigeria’s signing of a Memorandum of Understanding with Brazilian firm, Benco Energie Limited for the construction of a 700MW combined cycle power plant in Bayelsa State, Southern Nigeria.

The minister stated at the MoU signing ceremony that the current growth in nationwide electricity generation and distribution has been aided by increase in gas supply to thermal generation plants in the country, as well as relative stability in the transmission network.

“I am very sure that some of you if not all of you would have noticed that within the past few weeks we have averaged about 4,500MW of power delivery and it has been stable.

“And that means that most of you are now getting better power supply than you have had in the recent past.

Gas is now coming in and we are expecting even a lot more of gas.

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/nationwide-electricity-peaks-at-4500mw-as-brazilian-firm-builds-700mw-plant/187728/
Hopefully, we'll get even more gas after the DEATH and BURIAL of APC early next year. The turbulence in the power sector, that coincided with the emergence of APC in 2013, appears to be over.

NOTE the coincidence and pattern: as APC gained strength all through 2013, power supply dwindled due mostly to gas pipeline vandalism. As APC lost strength and begins to die in 2014, power supply peaks again and stabilizes.

Nigerians should take note.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Opinion: Increased Power Supply, Pipeline Vandalism And The Weather by Nobody: 12:07pm On Aug 30, 2014
Sincere9gerian:
Hopefully, we'll get even more gas after the DEATH and BURIAL of APC early next year.
you have not told us how or if gej has captured tinubu and Buhari’s vandals.
Re: Opinion: Increased Power Supply, Pipeline Vandalism And The Weather by Nobody: 12:09pm On Aug 30, 2014
barcanista: 4 ur case I accept out of court settlement!!!

@ topic: I've not seen any improvement other than the usual trick to make one pay bills and also endorse a propaganda. Let me tell you hw its done... They will giv 12hrs lite to Ikoyi for dis month, surulere nxt month, apapa another month, mushjin other month, alimoso another month etc... After the 1month/few weeks "enjoyment" they will gradually reduce to 8hrs 2day, 4hrs and back to 2hrs(depending on location). The cycle is usually repeated till election year.

NOTE: every areas take turns to enjoy this "gift". It has been happening since Obj days.
interesting.
Re: Opinion: Increased Power Supply, Pipeline Vandalism And The Weather by adekennis(m): 12:11pm On Aug 30, 2014
Obiagelli:
i think power supply is usually high during the rainy season when the hydro dams are full while its usually very poor in the dry season.
The pdp guys here like to praise gej when there is power and blame the opposition when its going bad.
It has improved in my area too but I refused to be fooled again...Election is around d corner and they are trying to make us believe that GEJ is working...Awon Ashiere! undecided
Re: Opinion: Increased Power Supply, Pipeline Vandalism And The Weather by Nobody: 12:13pm On Aug 30, 2014
adekennis: It has improved in my area too but I refused to be fooled again...Election is around d corner and they are trying to make us believe that GEJ is working...Awon Ashiere! undecided
Gbam
Re: Opinion: Increased Power Supply, Pipeline Vandalism And The Weather by Rawani: 12:15pm On Aug 30, 2014

Exactly. Though I'm not around to judge, but I think that concluding that power has significantly improved, based on a few areas in Lagos is being half-sincere. I think what should be done is to analyse the inputs that have increased and measures taken, for replication in other areas. For example, if the improved areas are being served from the state owned IPP's off the national grid, then efforts to establish more of these stations should be made. If vandalism has reduced, the measures taken to discourage it should be replicated. The most mind boggling thing to me about electricity generation in Nigeria, is why the authorities are ignoring nuclear power plants, as this is what we need to ensure our economy is sufficiently powered in these modern times and attract much needed FDI.
Re: Opinion: Increased Power Supply, Pipeline Vandalism And The Weather by donphilopus: 12:18pm On Aug 30, 2014
So, people still take that jobless Veterinary Doctor seriously on Nairaland?! They blame all their misdemeanor on APC. I pity them all!

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Increased Power Supply, Pipeline Vandalism And The Weather by Nobody: 12:19pm On Aug 30, 2014
Rawani:

Exactly. Though I'm not around to judge, but I think that concluding that power has significantly improved, based on a few areas in Lagos is being half-sincere. I think what should be done is to analyse the inputs that have increased and measures taken, for replication in other areas. For example, if the improved areas are being served from the state owned IPP's off the national grid, then efforts to establish more of these stations should be made. If vandalism has reduced, the measures taken to discourage it should be replicated. The most mind boggling thing to me about electricity generation in Nigeria, is why the authorities are ignoring nuclear power plants, as this is what we need to ensure our economy is sufficiently powered in these modern times and attract much needed FDI.
Sincere9gerian come and answer this, this propaganda is not working .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Senator Dino Melaye Steps Out Dressed Like A Cultist / See The Reason Why Atiku's Presidential Campaign Was Suspended / Segun Osoba Is 82 Today, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu Remains 69 Years

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.