Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,185 members, 7,807,623 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:23 PM

Which One Should I Go For Bank Or Hotel Job? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Which One Should I Go For Bank Or Hotel Job? (2185 Views)

VLA Test For Bank Recruitment / New Hotel Job In Port Harcourt / Zenith Bank Or Diamond Bank Job? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which One Should I Go For Bank Or Hotel Job? by Nobody: 12:03pm On Aug 30, 2014
I got a marketing bank job with wema bank with salary of 70k monthly though its a contract job, and at the same time I got a Hotel job of which am going to be the PA to the Manager/Supervisor when the manager is not around comes with free accommodation but with salary of 35k to be increased to 40k after 3 monthsThe hotel is a big one with branches in 4 other states and with about 50 furnished rooms. Which should I go for, since am a graduate of finance and Banking,experience matters though as for the hotel I won't be given huge target to meet up. Please no insult, if you were the one which will you go for and why?
Re: Which One Should I Go For Bank Or Hotel Job? by Nobody: 12:26pm On Aug 30, 2014
You really got some tough decisions to make here...are you good at marketing? Do you think you can meet the bank's monthly target? If yes to the above, then go for the marketing job.....

Are you going to be converted to a full staff after some time?
Re: Which One Should I Go For Bank Or Hotel Job? by angelTI(f): 12:27pm On Aug 30, 2014
The hotel job!

8 Likes

Re: Which One Should I Go For Bank Or Hotel Job? by slimyem: 12:50pm On Aug 30, 2014
The way I see it,the hotel job is going to confine you while the marketing job would constantly keep you on your toes , on the street and take you in several directions.
Marketing is also quite flexible. It would avail you time to pursue other interests if you can work around it.
The hotel job would also keep you comfortable while the marketing job would challenge and give you reasons to look further than your position.
It really depends on what you need the job to be about.
I hope this helps.....

1 Like

Re: Which One Should I Go For Bank Or Hotel Job? by Nobody: 1:42pm On Aug 30, 2014
Thanks guys.... More suggestions please.
Re: Which One Should I Go For Bank Or Hotel Job? by MissIndependent(f): 5:23pm On Aug 30, 2014
Congrats OP I know your story that is why I'm congratulating you. wink

Just try and make a good decision. Good luck

1 Like

Re: Which One Should I Go For Bank Or Hotel Job? by Nobody: 6:43pm On Aug 30, 2014
Go for the hotel job. With that you would be able to move up quick. The banking job after ur contract expires what happens? How do u know you'd b called back?

2 Likes

Re: Which One Should I Go For Bank Or Hotel Job? by Nobody: 7:21pm On Aug 30, 2014
Brother.... Experience matters and that's the more reason I thinks you should go for the Hotel Job. However, if you like marketing and you want it as your career path, then you should go for the bank job. This is because, in my own believe, if you start with the marketing job, its likely that other organtion u attempts to move to in the future would always want to push you to the marketing unit. But being assistant manager, you should fit into most department when you want to move to other company because its an administrative duty that oversees the work of major departments in an orginzation. Moreso, the hotel offered you accomodation and you know the cost of that in Lagos.

1 Like

Re: Which One Should I Go For Bank Or Hotel Job? by Nobody: 8:52pm On Aug 30, 2014
Lol how did she find me grin good to hear from you....
MissIndependent: Congrats OP I know your story that is why I'm congratulating you. wink

Just try and make a good decision. Good luck
Re: Which One Should I Go For Bank Or Hotel Job? by Nobody: 8:53pm On Aug 30, 2014
You are correct dear.
babeline: Go for the hotel job. With that you would be able to move up quick. The banking job after ur contract expires what happens? How do u know you'd b called back?
Re: Which One Should I Go For Bank Or Hotel Job? by MissIndependent(f): 9:02pm On Aug 30, 2014
tebirim: Lol how did she find me grin good to hear from you....
sad na so o grin

1 Like

Re: Which One Should I Go For Bank Or Hotel Job? by Valfrankie(m): 9:03pm On Aug 30, 2014
Hotel JOB bawo!!! At least you will get connections n get to meet people there... Be sociable, live life, have fun with Guinness!!! Join me at the table of men lets discuss.... grin

2 Likes

Re: Which One Should I Go For Bank Or Hotel Job? by Nobody: 12:16am On Aug 31, 2014
cheesy Badoo.....
Valfrankie: Hotel JOB bawo!!! At least you will get connections n get to meet people there... Be sociable, live life, have fun with Guinness!!! Join me at the table of men lets discuss.... grin
Re: Which One Should I Go For Bank Or Hotel Job? by Valfrankie(m): 6:26am On Aug 31, 2014
tebirim: cheesy Badoo.....
Nwanne, how far, I sight you jawe.... *Uncorks a new bottle of Guinness Stout* gringringrin MY GUY CHEERS

1 Like

Re: Which One Should I Go For Bank Or Hotel Job? by Hopeyeme: 7:18am On Aug 31, 2014
Pray 4 God intervention...bt wit wot u post i advise u go 4 d hotel job

1 Like

Re: Which One Should I Go For Bank Or Hotel Job? by Midastorch(m): 4:25pm On Aug 31, 2014
I would advise you to go for the hotel job.i'm sure you are to be a front office supervisor or something.if its a big hotel as you have claimed, you'll meet with the high and mighty in the society.even your take home might be more than 70k at the end of the month.besides,hospitality is marketing on its own.you market your product (hotel) and you market yourself.so you re gonna have the experience.

1 Like

Re: Which One Should I Go For Bank Or Hotel Job? by Nobody: 5:16pm On Aug 31, 2014
Thanks bro...you are very correct! Shey ehn, in hotel marketing you inform the public as per your line of operations like adverts on radio and TV,and where it is based is in Gra here in portharcourt,so getting customers won't be a problem also we have about 4 banks close to that hotel. Please I need info on how to increase our hotel customer base and what method we can use to increase profit, coz I want my boss that is the CEO to be proud of me...any idea?
Midastorch: I would advise you to go for the hotel job.i'm sure you are to be a front office supervisor or something.if its a big hotel as you have claimed, you'll meet with the high and mighty in the society.even your take home might be more than 70k at the end of the month.besides,hospitality is marketing on its own.you market your product (hotel) and you market yourself.so you re gonna have the experience.

1 Like

Re: Which One Should I Go For Bank Or Hotel Job? by Midastorch(m): 5:55pm On Aug 31, 2014
tebirim: Thanks bro...you are very correct! Shey ehn, in hotel marketing you inform the public as per your line of operations like adverts on radio and TV,and where it is based is in Gra here in portharcourt,so getting customers won't be a problem also we have about 4 banks close to that hotel. Please I need info on how to increase our hotel customer base and what method we can use to increase profit, coz I want my boss that is the CEO to be proud of me...any idea?

The best marketing for a hotel business is the service you give to your guests.that being said, you'll have to go to big organizations like banks, NGOs, government parastatals, etc and market your hotel to them.pamp

hlet is necessary, post sign outside the hotel and you give discount price to organisations registered to your hotel
But marketing without service to your guests will mess your marketing up. Working in a hotel makes you a professional housemaid and Im sure you will enjoy it.

1 Like

Re: Which One Should I Go For Bank Or Hotel Job? by queenataba(f): 8:49am On Sep 05, 2014
@ teberim, pls. I would like to get in touch with u my mail is realcharmingangel@yahoo.com or drop ur digits I will call u.
Re: Which One Should I Go For Bank Or Hotel Job? by Nobody: 6:02pm On Sep 05, 2014
I just sent you a mail...
queenataba: @ teberim, pls. I would like to get in touch with u my mail is realcharmingangel@yahoo.com or drop ur digits I will call u.
Re: Which One Should I Go For Bank Or Hotel Job? by Nobody: 9:40pm On Sep 05, 2014
Tebirim abeg I need ur help abeg email me liv4gwung@yahoo.com. Tanx alot

(1) (Reply)

Text Invite @ Silvertdale Ltd / End Times! Worker Fired For Uninstalling A GPS Tracking App From Her Smartphone / Scholarships For Study In King Abdulaziz University (KAU), Saudi Arabia, Jeddah

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.