Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,324 members, 7,780,807 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 10:49 PM

Husband Sends Wife Packing For having Her Bath. - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Husband Sends Wife Packing For having Her Bath. (9940 Views)

Husband Sends Wife Spreadsheet Of All The Times She Denied Him Of Sex / Fed-up Husband Sends Wife Spreadsheet Detailing All The Times She Denied Him S*x / Woman Hangs Herself For Having Her Naked Pictures Leaked On The Street (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Husband Sends Wife Packing For having Her Bath. by Mynd44: 9:51pm On Aug 30, 2014
cococandy: Haha. I know. I was saying from a woman's POV. smiley
Okay
Re: Husband Sends Wife Packing For having Her Bath. by Nobody: 10:04pm On Aug 30, 2014
cococandy: Shitty thread that was. Some called her the devil's agent for trying to break free from an adulterous union because she should have considered his ministry and name before her happiness.

One example. A mild example it is. There were Some I couldn't read without wincing

I guess God doesn't mind when a man sins.
He hates divorce if the man misbehaves but condones it and infact endorses it when the woman misbehaves.
"The god of men."
It was irritating

Yes Coco, i saw that particular comment. Dnt you just love Nigerians with their twisted mentality of what is right and wrong? The f*o*o*lish man that made that comment is a representative of the typical nigerian mentality. Just because she filed for divorce, she is now seen as responsible for chris' downfall? she is now a devil sent by satan to destroy chris? what sort of warped thinking is that? Why should we continue to reason like organisms lower than apes? Haba!! And some bafoons were all tagging women to be responsible for downfall of men even using bible to back their disgusting, mental deteriorrating thoughts. And these same men will marry very unfortunate women and then more and more sob stories wll emerge of how these men are abusive and callous. Doesnt that tell you that there is a strong inherent hatred for women in this part of the world? why do you think there are many sob stories?

3 Likes

Re: Husband Sends Wife Packing For having Her Bath. by soonest(f): 10:09pm On Aug 30, 2014
5minsmadness:
Did you see the babe?
Did op even hint he was cheating?
I thought you girls just surmised that he's ugly as an ape, now he has a babe following him?

What was the purpose of this thread? To start another rant against men?

This is family section for goodness sake! Its a place where people are supposed to come for help concerning family issues, not a male-bashing or pity-party place! If you ladies are so adamant about airing your views against men you can ask seun to create an 'the evils of men' section.

A girl comes online and starts a thread with how men become demons and all the ladies are like "Yes! Men are eeeeevilll!" Yet you won't leave men alone! And all males that agree with you without question are tagged 'mature'. Its sickening!

Now no wonder u hv been playing the man's advocate.You see everything isn't abt gender bashing. People are condemning the said man and not men in general. All I see u doing in this thread is trying to exonerate the man with all your 'could bes' and even subtly trying to make the op a liar. Since we all weren't there I'm afraid we will have to go with the Op's account or ignore it totally. My opinion

6 Likes

Re: Husband Sends Wife Packing For having Her Bath. by cococandy(f): 10:26pm On Aug 30, 2014
On the bright side,they are not all like that.so nwanne m. Chose wisely when you wanna settle down.
NO ONE. Not one person is perfect. Even us women.

But if you find a man who doesn't believe you're beneath him,you've 70 percent of your success cut out already.
Because he'll treat you the way he thinks a person who deserves respect should be treated.
The same way he would want to be treated.
With consideration and respect.

There's hardly any problem such a couple can't overcome.
And it helps to have good role models too.
Successful couples who have been married for long and not suffering and smiling.
When you guys are with them,they influence the young couple positively.

Too bad many folks had bad examples while growing up so it's kind of the norm or belief.
It'll phase out. Slowly.

Sophyrocks:

Yes Coco, i saw that particular comment. Dnt you just love Nigerians with their twisted mentality of what is right and wrong? The f*o*o*lish man that made that comment is a representative of the typical nigerian mentality. Just because she filed for divorce, she is now seen as responsible for chris' downfall? she is now a devil sent by satan to destroy chris? what sort of warped thinking is that? Why should we continue to reason like organisms lower than apes? Haba!! And some bafoons were all tagging women to be responsible for downfall of men even using bible to back their disgusting, mental deteriorrating thoughts. And these same men will marry very unfortunate women and then more and more sob stories wll emerge of how these men are abusive and callous. Doesnt that tell you that there is a strong inherent hatred for women in this part of the world? why do you think there are many sob stories?

2 Likes

Re: Husband Sends Wife Packing For having Her Bath. by babygirlfl: 10:34pm On Aug 30, 2014
cococandy: On the bright side,they are not all like that.so nwanne m. Chose wisely when you wanna settle down.

But if you find a man who doesn't believe you're beneath him,you've 70 percent of your success cut out already.
Because he'll treat you the way he thinks a person who deserves respect should be treated.

Successful couples who have been married for long and not suffering and smiling.

Too bad many folks had bad examples while growing up so it's kind of the norm or belief.
It'll phase out. Slowly.

very true.

1 Like

Re: Husband Sends Wife Packing For having Her Bath. by Nobody: 10:44pm On Aug 30, 2014
cococandy: On the bright side,they are not all like that.so nwanne m. Chose wisely when you wanna settle down.

It'll phase out. Slowly.

You are very right about choosing wisely.. The first step is knowing what you want and sticking to it. I just feel that the messed up mentality of men blaming everything on women doesnt help marriages to grow with the right foundations. A Man who thinks all women are the cause of all evils on earth will never Love his wife and his mentality will reflect in the way he treats her. He will never ever trust his wife in anything. It could be the woman's husband in the op is among men who reason this way. If people can learn to look at issues objectively and discard all these horrible beliefs that keep us behind in this 2014, it would do a lot to save marriages and build the right foundations. I would really advise ladies to stay away from men with such messed up mentality. Such men should not bother getting married at all since they have such opinions about women. Marriage is not by force o. Before they kill peoples' daughters.

1 Like

Re: Husband Sends Wife Packing For having Her Bath. by damiso(f): 10:51pm On Aug 30, 2014
Poverty is a disease oloun embarassed embarassed and like someone said its not poverty as in wealth or monetarily but poverty of the mind..how easy is to ration water with 4 children nitori oloun Plus 2 other home staff making it a home with 8 people?

I generally don't ridicule stay at home mums but seriously cases like this is a no no..I have to have my own money to provide certain comforts for myself and if you aint providing those comforts (believe me they are actually not extravagances) dont even think of opening your mouth to tell me not to earn my own money.Even as a single living in my father's house I paid for my own comforts that my parents thought were not necessary e.g my clothes went to the laundry I cant work mon to Friday(and some Saturdays) then start washing again when I should be resting.

Water nitori oloun..I know respect should not necessarily be tied to finance but knowing myself I will probably buy 10 tankers of water just so you can just s.hut and stop going on and on about water angry

Abeg before you agree to stay at home weigh it well o hian lipsrsealed

2 Likes

Re: Husband Sends Wife Packing For having Her Bath. by Eddygourdo(m): 11:38pm On Aug 30, 2014
Mynd44:
Will her returning change anything? You guys make it seem like her presence there will mean the kids will have a better life...if she gets out and makes something of herself, she can come for them
how old are u brother? well its unfortunate it happened. wife and gf no be the same. you can't just walk away. marriage is like an investment which u stick to in order to reap it's dividends. they will settle hopefully the man will become more matured and treat his wife with more respect. marriage no easy
Re: Husband Sends Wife Packing For having Her Bath. by Tundeiab(m): 3:13am On Aug 31, 2014
crackhaus: Poverty na bastard.. lipsrsealed
My brother, this has nothing to do with poverty, but cheer wickedness.
Re: Husband Sends Wife Packing For having Her Bath. by Tundeiab(m): 3:20am On Aug 31, 2014
3cycle: What actually turns a man into a demon?
How can a human being be filled with wickedness and hatred for his own wife bikonu?

He complains all the time, never knew men nag until I met the demon married to my next door neighbour.
He practically sent her packing yesterday and never to return to his house because he wanted her to stay without bathing for 2days but she did.
How can a woman stay without having a shower or bathing 4 of her kids
He is practically asking them to go hungry too because she needs water to also cook.

The water in the tank finished earlier, against the supposed 1week it is meant to last before he pumps another water that will last for another week. So according to him, her punishment for mismanaging water was to stay without water for the remaining 2days that completes a week.

Well wifey stubbornly asked for my gen, pumped water. I travelled and came back today only to be told that he sent her packing for disobeying him.I called her and she kept asking me to beg her husband so she can return atleast for her children sakes but deep down inside of me I don't want her to return.
Enough of his wickednes and maltreatment towards that lady. I don't want to meddle in their affairs and I pray he never knows peace.
I don't knw what to do to help my confidant who is in a dilemma cry
@ OP, there is little or nothing you can do, because believe it or not it's a domestic issue.

I suggest you advise the wife to meet someone whom the husband respects a lot to talk to him.

Left to me sha , I will advise the wife to leave the marriage before dem carry her dead body commot for the house...

I have been married for five years and I know I have never been hostile to my wife. Isn't she lucky to have a husband like me?

2 Likes

Re: Husband Sends Wife Packing For having Her Bath. by Nobody: 6:24am On Aug 31, 2014
Let me first offer some insight on the water pumping situation. For security reasons he water is connected to one apartment in a shared compound. In my former house it was connected to mine, I had to give the security man a spare key so when I am not around water can be pumped, once he lost the key and I travelled, my neighbours were stranded till I came back and they couldnt break my door down, so they had to go 2 weeks without water and I was unreachable.

Back to the topic. The woman here has no self value so I find it hard to blame the man/ men or society for a fate she chose by herself, she is an adult and a mother, if she chooses to be begging a man who devalues her simply because she is content sitting and him paying for her means of livelyhood then its her choice.

I know several women who worked hard, sponsored themselves and started their lives over with nothing even won custody of their kids, society will talk but wont point a gun at your head, the law works only lazy entitled people who want solutions at their door steps easy and sharp sharp will sit and say it doesnt hence accept every rubbish thrown at them.

In this case the man is her ticket out of poverty, he probably took her off the hands of parents who had more children than they could care for and so were willing to marry her off to a man who could "train" her.
Now after the decorative training, she is still okay with him being her meal ticket and so she is more than ready to take whatever he dishes out.
If he likes let him make her baff in sh-t I dont bother, na her choice the day she is tired she will make an adult decision, no one can love her more than herself.
Dont be surprised its women like this who will raise her nose at single women and feel she is "better" than them her own value is measured in having a man, any kind of man, at least when he is not bullying her he is making sure she can compete with other women

10 Likes

Re: Husband Sends Wife Packing For having Her Bath. by Nobody: 6:43am On Aug 31, 2014
There are many wonderful men like late Justinas finacee who would risk even Ebola to take care of the woman they love.
He was there at her ward, helping her clean, comforting her and caring for her till she died. He even tested positive but thankfully survived it because of his stronger immunity. So when we shout "Nigerian men are bad" remember this man who sacrificed this much for a woman who is not even his wife yet in a time when parents will abandon their kids at the sound of ebola.

There are good men out there, marry for the right reasons and you will live in bliss. A man like this who would risk his life just to care for her would never even attempt to hurt her if she were alive

13 Likes

Re: Husband Sends Wife Packing For having Her Bath. by Nobody: 7:16am On Aug 31, 2014
aisha2: There are many wonderful men like late Justinas finacee who would risk even Ebola to take care of the woman they love.
He was there at her ward, helping her clean, comforting her and caring for her till she died. He even tested positive but thankfully survived it because of his stronger immunity. So when we shout "Nigerian men are bad" remember this man who sacrificed this much for a woman who is not even his wife yet in a time when parents will abandon their kids at the sound of ebola.

There are good men out there, marry for the right reasons and you will live in bliss. A man like this who would risk his life just to care for her would never even attempt to hurt her if she were alive
Where can we find such men in Nigeria? I will give up everything I have to be with such a man if I find him on planet earth smiley

I believe the victim's husband use to be a caring man Atleast he trained her through out her university days until few years back.
My question is what changes in marriage/union that can make a man maltreat the woman he once loves?

1 Like

Re: Husband Sends Wife Packing For having Her Bath. by cococandy(f): 7:29am On Aug 31, 2014
Training someone is not always the parameter to measure care.
It may be. But not always.
Some do it to have a leverage over you.
Ok why did he tell her to not work?
3cycle:
Where can we find such men in Nigeria? I will give up everything I have to be with such a man if I find him on planet earth smiley

I believe the victim's husband use to be a caring man Atleast he trained her through out her university days until few years back.
My question is what changes in marriage/union that can make a man maltreat the woman he once loves?

2 Likes

Re: Husband Sends Wife Packing For having Her Bath. by beeevan: 7:47am On Aug 31, 2014
cococandy: Training someone is not always the parameter to measure care.
It may be. But not always.
Some do it to have a leverage over you.
Ok why did he tell her to not work?

Very right, for some,its just a leverage and doesn't necessarily mean care.

3 Likes

Re: Husband Sends Wife Packing For having Her Bath. by Onegai(f): 7:48am On Aug 31, 2014
I've got 5 brothers and at some point in time, almost all of them have done this, particularly when I was young. It's about Power, the husband wanted to use force and assert authority over that woman, so when she pumped the water herself, he got angrier.

The only brother who never tried this with me (and yes, he's older than me), said men do this when they feel weak or threatened. That only a small man would act as such.

I've seen at least 5 cases in my close circle of married like this. One, she went out with her baby and the baby's dummy fell (women, that thing babies suck on when teething). So the child wouldn't sleep but kept crying. Do you know her husband locked her out of the bedroom after she went at 8pm to look for that thing? He carried the baby to their room and his wife had to sleep on the floor of the children's room. Her hubby then proceeded years later to beating and cheating (ladies, once a man starts going down that road of doing petty wicked things in order to "prove" his manhood at you, it must always end in beating or cheating. Always). Now the wife has filed for divorce and the hubby is begging the family to beg her (Lord knows why, after 13 years of even beating her to miscarriage, why on earth do you still want her around??)
And yes, she was a housewife. Most of the cases I've seen with abuses of power is that the wife is a housewife and financially powerless. Or that the wife is successful (it doesn't have to mean more money than he is, even been happier than he is angers some men), they begin to commit atrocities so as to feel they are in control of her life.

I think our churches should teach man how to be real men and handle their anger and feelings of insecurity and loss of ego, petty abuses of power destroys more than teach a lesson. Stop flexing your muscle on your wives, what you will not do to a fellow man. Rather than telling women constantly to tiptoe around their husbands warily, whilst smiling and praying loudly for blessings on his head. Let us teach our sons to stop trying to make themselves feel better by making others suffer.

I feel sorry for this wife, she's been conditioned to accept this as her lot in life.

And dear Naija men, this behaviour is making a lot of women opt to be more stubborn and challenge you, making the vicious cycle continue. So be the head, be the leader and STOP now. Once the head decides, the neck must follow. Stop telling the neck to "pray, endure, behave herself so the man will change", I've never heard of a neck that controlled the head and other body functions.

Walai, when I see, hear and read about Nigerian marriages, I really don't wanna get married. I had even considered being a single mum, or getting married, having kids and relocating out with my kids just to avoid this madness. God give me strength.

7 Likes

Re: Husband Sends Wife Packing For having Her Bath. by Nobody: 7:53am On Aug 31, 2014
3cycle:

There are many men like Dennis if only women will learn not to rush because " all my mates are married" and stop caring what society says they would get thier own husbands.
Also if they stop being so desperate to marry the nasty men the nasty men would have to adjust when due to bad character no woman comes near them.
As for your neighbour and his wife, leave them alone, the wife is okay with the ill treatment. You cant complain on her behalf

2 Likes

Re: Husband Sends Wife Packing For having Her Bath. by Nobody: 7:55am On Aug 31, 2014
aisha2: There are many wonderful men like late Justinas finacee who would risk even Ebola to take care of the woman they love.

@aisha, you have said it all. The last part of your post summed it up. Most naija ladies go into marriage for the wrong reasons, expecting so much from the man. They still hold on to the old cultural believe that the man should provide all their needs but don't want to accept that the same culture places them in the kitchen and makes them voiceless in the home. The point is, if a lady chooses to marry a man for the reason that he provides for her lazy bottom even when she has all the brain and brawn to fend for herself, then she should also be ready to swallow whatever the man does to her. Otherwise, they should learn how make themselves real women who work for themselves and earn the respect and admiration of men.

5 Likes

Re: Husband Sends Wife Packing For having Her Bath. by sandiyke(f): 7:58am On Aug 31, 2014
@aisha2 infact you said it all. This man sees or has seen himself as her messiah and her all in all so he can get away with watever he like with her.

You know what? She has never dissappointed him by having a mind of her own and thinking of how to add value to her life. Instead she has remained in whatever level the man has kept her.

The man sees her as a liability. Take for instance, the man can't ask her not to pump water if the woman contributes even if its just the money for fuel.

I think the summary is that she should get up and get her life going by adding value to herself no matter how little.

1 Like

Re: Husband Sends Wife Packing For having Her Bath. by Onegai(f): 8:33am On Aug 31, 2014
sandiyke: @aisha2 infact The man sees her as a liability. Take for instance, the man can't ask her not to pump water if the woman contributes even if its just the money for fuel.

I think the summary is that she should get up and get her life going by adding value to herself no matter how little.

Not always, I've heard men scream "is it because you paid for this, you feel you can flaunt your disobedience to my face??" Powerless, insecure men will feel threatened by any show of strenght or independence. Instead of them to look inwards, they will blame the outward symptom as the cause.

Personal responsibility for your own actions is not encouraged in Nigeria, it is always someone else's fault, some demon's fault, some eldery person or anyone from the village's fault, your wife's fault, NEVER YOUR FAULT FOR YOUR OWN ACTIONS.

The OP said the man constantly nags about his wife, had she bought fuel, he would have gotten angry. The men on this thread telling the wife to have bathed, yet pretend not to, understand that the husband is a small man (Lord knows if it's understand or empathise sef). Me, if I had given such a directive, if I come home and there was water, I'd have been relieved that my stupi.dity didn't cause her not to bathe. But if I feel challenged that I put her in an uncomfortable situation and she still got out of it, then that says a lot about me and my self-esteem, bah?

Some women should sit that wife down and speak to her sensibly.

4 Likes

Re: Husband Sends Wife Packing For having Her Bath. by Nobody: 8:43am On Aug 31, 2014
Its easy to blame men for all our woes when we women enable it.

While dating you see it all. Women who will feel superior to other babes because they are the "main chicks" and others are the "side chicks" forgetting that they are all equall sharing the same pen-is, meanwhile her defination of main chick is that he has unprotected se-x with her and protected se-x with others such foolishness.

You see them desperately fighting and working to just become Mrs even when the husband is obviously not a husband material. I married "late" by Nigerian standards so yes I have seen plenty, when at 29 I refused a proposal because the man cheated you would think I murdered someone, I was declared doomed to be forever single, I was advised to look the other way, all men are like that I would never find a husband bla bla bla. Me with my stuborn head I no gree, I said better I be single than married and misearble not knowing where my husbands peni-s will be resting daily. The man obviously used to dealing with the mentality of some women was even saying " ehnn, even if I have my weakness shouldnt you pray for me instead?". I simply reminded him that I wasnt his mother and I wanted to marry a sane responisble adult not an over grown baby

When women stop marrying silly men they will adjust but as long as women continue accepting any and everything and count themselves "lucky" to be married to a man who is obviously not ready mentally to be married we will keep seeing stroies that touch

30 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Husband Sends Wife Packing For having Her Bath. by Nobody: 8:47am On Aug 31, 2014
Onegai:
Not always, I've heard men scream "is it because you paid for this, you feel you can flaunt your disobedience to my face??" Powerless, insecure men will feel threatened by any show of strenght or independence. Instead of them to look inwards, they will blame the outward symptom as the cause.
Personal responsibility for your own actions is not encouraged in Nigeria, it is always someone else's fault, some demon's fault, some eldery person or anyone from the village's fault, your wife's fault, NEVER YOUR FAULT FOR YOUR OWN ACTIONS.
The OP said the man constantly nags about his wife, had she bought fuel, he would have gotten angry. The men on this thread telling the wife to have bathed, yet pretend not to, understand that the husband is a small man (Lord knows if it's understand or empathise sef). Me, if I had given such a directive, if I come home and there was water, I'd have been relieved that my stupi.dity didn't cause her not to bathe. But if I feel challenged that I put her in an uncomfortable situation and she still got out of it, then that says a lot about me and my self-esteem, bah?
Some women should sit that wife down and speak to her sensibly.

Sit her down and talk to her ke?so she can tag them home breakers? No way this woman is begging to return home all the women should face their front
Re: Husband Sends Wife Packing For having Her Bath. by beeevan: 8:54am On Aug 31, 2014
aisha2: Its easy to blame men for all our woes when we women enable it.

While dating you see it all. Women who will feel superior to other babes because they are the "main chicks" and others are the "side chicks" forgetting that they are all equall sharing the same pen-is, meanwhile her defination of main chick is that he has unprotected se-x with her and protected se-x with others such foolishness.

You see them desperately fighting and working to just become Mrs even when the husband is obviously not a husband material. I married "late" by Nigerian standards so yes I have seen plenty, when at 29 I refused a proposal because the man cheated you would think I murdered someone, I was declared doomed to be forever single, I was advised to look the other way, all men are like that I would never find a husband bla bla bla. Me with my stuborn head I no gree, I said better I be single than married and misearble not knowing where my husbands peni-s will be resting daily. The man obviously used to dealing with the mentality of some women was even saying " ehnn, even if I have my weakness shouldnt you pray for me instead?". I simply reminded him that I wasnt his mother and I wanted to marry a sane responisble adult not an over grown baby

When women stop marrying silly men they will adjust but as long as women continue accepting any and everything and count themselves "lucky" to be married to a man who is obviously not ready mentally to be married we will keep seeing stroies that touch

Very much on point!
Re: Husband Sends Wife Packing For having Her Bath. by Nobody: 9:02am On Aug 31, 2014
aisha2: I married "late" by Nigerian standards so yes I have seen plenty, when at 29 I refused a proposal because the man cheated you would think I murdered someone, I was declared doomed to be forever single, I was advised to look the other way, all men are like that I would never find a husband bla bla bla. Me with my stuborn head I no gree, I said better I be single than married and misearble not knowing where my husbands peni-s will be resting daily. The man obviously used to dealing with the mentality of some women was even saying " ehnn, even if I have my weakness shouldnt you pray for me instead?". I simply reminded him that I wasnt his mother and I wanted to marry a sane responisble adult not an over grown baby

Hmmm you are one strong woman wink
When at 27 they are making me feel that I have passed menopause and might never have children but I don't really care what anyone thinks about me.
I turned down somebody some months back and hell was let loose why I should do such a thing, infact they expected me to endure all his excesses until when we get married then I can work out ways to change him. Can I really change a man?
Society and pressure, family aint helping out either

1 Like

Re: Husband Sends Wife Packing For having Her Bath. by Nobody: 9:26am On Aug 31, 2014
3cycle:
Hmmm you are one strong woman wink
When at 27 they are making me feel that I have passed menopause and might never have children but I don't really care what anyone thinks about me.
I turned down somebody some months back and hell was let loose why I should do such a thing, infact they expected me to endure all his excesses until when we get married then I can work out ways to change him. Can I really change a man?
Society and pressure, family aint helping out either

Just remember society and family wont be there when you are soaking your pillow each night with tears from being married but living like a widow.
No one can change anyone, people change only when they decide too, each is responsible for their action.
Dont make silly decisions and blame it on society. Thats my advice for single sisters ohhhhh

1 Like

Re: Husband Sends Wife Packing For having Her Bath. by Nobody: 9:28am On Aug 31, 2014
Sophyrocks:

Exactly what i said. the virtuous wife is one who goes through sh1t for the sake of her kids and for the sake of keeping the Mrs title. The more she suffers in the marriage, the better for the society and the less number of divorces we will have. In other words, marriage depends only on women while men are puppets.

grin grin grin

Actually the Virtuous wife as far as I read from Proverbs 31 is a hard working woman who brings to the table. She is hardworking, industrious, strong and wise

Some of of these women (and I say some) sorry to say are lazy and enjoy being kept and just want pity parties & with the "I cant do anything" mentality.

If this woman was paying for fuel to run the gen to power the pumping machine, then no jupitar can tell her not to have a bath or cook food with that same water. She sold her self short, the monent she let a man pay for her education.
Yes I know that there is poverty abound, but she laid the table and unfortuantly she dined with the devil, who in this case in an abuser and sadist. She probably saw all that then, but like many, thought that she will deal with that later when they are married; the trouble is that people rarely change just like that.

If she is stubborn and stong enough to defy him and have a bath, then she has it within her, to be strong enough to insist that she wants to work/run a business. She just needs to look inward for that strenght.

3 Likes

Re: Husband Sends Wife Packing For having Her Bath. by Nobody: 9:42am On Aug 31, 2014
chaircover:
Actually the Virtuous wife as far as I read from Proverbs 31 is a hard working woman who brings to the table. She is hardworking, industrious, strong and wise
Some of of these women (and I say some) sorry to say are lazy and enjoy being kept and just want pity parties & with the "I cant do anything" mentality.
If this woman was paying for fuel to run the gen to power the pumping machine, then no jupitar can tell her not to have a bath or cook food with that same water. She sold her self short, the monent she let a man pay for her education.
Yes I know that there is poverty abound, but she laid the table and unfortuantly she dined with the devil, who in this case in an abuser and sadist. She probably saw all that then, but like many, thought that she will deal with that later when they are married; the trouble is that people rarely change just like that.
If she is stubborn and stong enough to defy him and have a bath, then she has it within her, to be strong enough to insist that she wants to work/run a business. She just needs to look inward for that strenght.

Thank You. She probably feels she is "suffering" back at her parents house now, she would prefer to go back endure humuliation and have all her needs, water, light, generator provided while she just stays and endures all forms of abuse than hustle for a living
Re: Husband Sends Wife Packing For having Her Bath. by ahnie: 10:49am On Aug 31, 2014
Nailed
SAMBARRY: me too o grin grin

as if she's a prophet. Everything she says keep revealing itself on nl every day grin

no wonder many men on nl don't like her. They think she's crazy grin
Re: Husband Sends Wife Packing For having Her Bath. by ahnie: 10:55am On Aug 31, 2014
please,warris 'juju'?
Cinderluv: I smell "juju" things. The woman don spoil show for the man niyen. What a wicked world!
Re: Husband Sends Wife Packing For having Her Bath. by beeevan: 11:32am On Aug 31, 2014
aisha2:

Thank You. She probably feels she is "suffering" back at her parents house now, she would prefer to go back endure humuliation and have all her needs, water, light, generator provided while she just stays and endures all forms of abuse than hustle for a living

The man refused her working, a distant relative threw out his wife because she insisted on taking a job offer. Some men can't stand a woman that has any life aside them and their kids. It's too late for her to revolt, she knew the kind of man he is but married him anyway. It's clear that working will still earn her a divorce, if she was thrown out for having a bath against his orders.
Re: Husband Sends Wife Packing For having Her Bath. by Nobody: 11:35am On Aug 31, 2014
chaircover:

Thank you. You've said it all.

1 Like

Re: Husband Sends Wife Packing For having Her Bath. by Ishilove: 11:56am On Aug 31, 2014
3cycle:
Culture does not allow women fight for their kids, you either stay and endure or you leave and forget them.
You talk like you are not Nigerian grin
Which useless culture?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

What Was Your Embarrassing Moments In 2023. / Pls Help Me, My Wife Is Killing Me. Helpppppp! / "Family"- What Does This Word Mean To You?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 124
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.