Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,719 members, 7,805,960 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:11 AM

Husband Sends Wife Packing For having Her Bath. - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Husband Sends Wife Packing For having Her Bath. (9982 Views)

Husband Sends Wife Spreadsheet Of All The Times She Denied Him Of Sex / Fed-up Husband Sends Wife Spreadsheet Detailing All The Times She Denied Him S*x / Woman Hangs Herself For Having Her Naked Pictures Leaked On The Street (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Husband Sends Wife Packing For having Her Bath. by 5minsmadness: 3:44pm On Sep 01, 2014
What ?? angry angry angry
How can a normal person drive his wife out just like that!
Some men are not fit to be husbands angry
Nonsense
Does he think his wife is a slave? What an ignoramus!
The woman should leave the smelly bastard and file for divorce and make sure she collects her children!

There. Happy? Good. Over and out.
Re: Husband Sends Wife Packing For having Her Bath. by pickabeau1: 3:49pm On Sep 01, 2014
Now you have posted the mainstream view that some females in the family section want to hear
You have gotten on with the program

5minsmadness

How far with zombie tales na

1 Like

Re: Husband Sends Wife Packing For having Her Bath. by 5minsmadness: 4:05pm On Sep 01, 2014
pickabeau1: Now you have posted the mainstream view that some females in the family section want to hear
You have gotten on with the program

5minsmadness

How far with zombie tales na

My brother embarassed embarassed
Those writers in lit section are trying aswear embarassed
Don't know how they do it.
Will update as soon as I can
Re: Husband Sends Wife Packing For having Her Bath. by bukatyne(f): 4:10pm On Sep 01, 2014
You don't get it, do you?

The wife is not a child the husband 'punishes'

I am sure there is a 'reason' why that woman told her maid to seat on hot place. Afterall, she must have been cautioning her to stop bedwetting and she was too stubborn to listen

Goodluck to you

5minsmadness:

Choi!

I am not siding the man oh.

I'm simply hesitant in crucifying him on the cross until I hear both sides of the story.

Too many extrapolative arguments here, its like I'm back in my Architecture class.

I'm a firm believer in cause and effect.
That is, for something to happen, something else must have taken place.

If the man got angry enough to tell her not to pump water for two days it might be because he had been telling her over and over and over again and she refused to listen.

I honestly don't see how feasible that punishment would have been. If he lives in the same house will he use his urine to cook his meals or have his bath or drink when he is thirsty?
Will he sit down and let his children die of thirst?
Will he be able to stand the smell of the children or his wifw after the first day?
And which landlord made of flesh and blood will stop a paying tenant from pumping water for his/her own use? After I've paid my rent finish you deny me pumping water? Its not possible!

Also I feel the wife acted too hastily. She should have waited for the man to come home that night to the reality and consequence of no water in the house. Smelly wife, smelly kids, no food. He would have found an excuse to reverse his opinion because there's no way no water in the house won't inconvenience him as well.

OR.

Wife could have done what she did, pumped the water etc and simply say it was the tenant that pumped it. Easy. He can't go out and beat the tenant can he?

OR

Found another way to get water for herself and her kids. When the man comes back and sees water in the jerrycan and asks she can say she fetched it outside.

OR

Take her bath in the neighbors or a friends house like someone here suggested.

BUT NO.
as Oga was marching out of the compound she marched to her friends house and stubbornly collected the gen to pump water even as Oga had expressly told her NOT to do so.
She knew she was inviting trouble but she went ahead and did it to see if Oga will do anything.

Now Oga has played his last card and we are screaming 'demon'.

Let me make it clear that I pity the woman.
No woman should be treated like that.
But she knows the kind of man she married.
She could have easily avoided the situation but she didn't .

Stubborn.

Stubborn women can turn men who were kind enough to finance their education in the past into demons.
It doesn't just spontaneously happen.

If you still don't get what I'm trying to say then its OK. Ignore this post and read the next one instead.
Re: Husband Sends Wife Packing For having Her Bath. by Nobody: 4:20pm On Sep 01, 2014
'Me' I came here to look for aisha2 oh.......

She owes me a high-five for her comments on this thread.
Re: Husband Sends Wife Packing For having Her Bath. by pickabeau1: 4:34pm On Sep 01, 2014
Ok.. we dey wait for update

5minsmadness:
My brother embarassed embarassed
Those writers in lit section are trying aswear embarassed
Don't know how they do it.
Will update as soon as I can
Re: Husband Sends Wife Packing For having Her Bath. by cococandy(f): 4:47pm On Sep 01, 2014
@5minmadness, I read your seemingly 'extrapolative' post and all I got is that you think a woman should be dictated to.
Sorry that's all it says.

I don't care if the man is a demon or whatever.
Neither do I care if the wife is stubborn or a hot head.
I'm not interested in name calling.
(I'm sure both have their own issues)

But there's something lacking in this marriage and it is respect.
However one tries to look at it.
There's no respect.

Your post encourages the wife to tip toe around her own home (but of course it's never a woman's home. Is it? It's the man's and she's a tenant that can be chased out at any time).

Anyway to my point. It doesn't matter if she tries any of those skirmishes or side steps you think is the solution,he'll find something else to 'punish' her for.
Your cause and effect phrase doesn't hold water here. Is there ever any reason that will make you agree that a woman has cause to punish her husband?
Of course not. Why should there be? Aren't wives glorified slaves 'under the man's roof' 'in the man's house' or whatever other phrase that suits yous tastes

For peace to reign,she has to obey the oga.
So where does it stop?
Where does one a draw a line?

Today it's 'don't bath'
Say she finds a way to get around it by obeying or going out to bath(I can't even get my head around this suggestionangry )
Or lying that their neighbor pumped the water etc etc

Tomorrow it will be 'don't cook' (maybe because he thinks she's spending too much on groceries)
What then?
She'll beg for food or eat at their neighbors with the kids or go to a restuarant,eat and come back to pretend that she hasn't eaten?
Just so that she won't go against oga's command.

When you guys say some of the things you do,do you even pause to think that women are human beings and have feelings,pride and self worth?

The other day it was wife must greet first
Another day it's another silly thing
Today wife must obey no matter how xtupid the command is

How do y'all define marriage?

It is EXTREMELY ANNOYING!!!
Thank you

4 Likes

Re: Husband Sends Wife Packing For having Her Bath. by Vikky014(f): 4:53pm On Sep 01, 2014
Mynd44: I find it more disturbing that the woman wants to beg him.....

Re: Husband Sends Wife Packing For having Her Bath. by bukatyne(f): 4:59pm On Sep 01, 2014
cococandy: @5minmadness, I read your seemingly 'extrapolative' post and all I got is that you think a woman should be dictated to.

There's no respect.

Your post encourages the wife to tip toe around her own home (but of course it's never a woman's home. Is it? It's the man's and she's a tenant that can be chased out at any time).

Anyway to my point. It doesn't matter if she tries any of those skirmishes or side steps you think is the solution,he'll find something else to 'punish' her for.
Your cause and effect phrase doesn't hold water here. Is there ever any reason that will make you agree that a woman has cause to punish her husband?
Of course not. Why should there be? Aren't wives glorified slaves 'under the man's roof' 'in the man's house' or whatever other phrase that suits yous tastes

So where does it stop?

Today it's 'don't bath'
Say she finds a way to get around it by obeying or going out to bath(I can't even get my head around this suggestionangry )

Tomorrow it will be 'don't cook' (maybe because he thinks she's spending too much on groceries)
What then?
She'll beg for food or eat at their neighbors with the kids or go to a restuarant,eat and come back to pretend that she hasn't eaten?

When you guys say some of the things you do,do you even pause to think that women are human beings and have feelings,pride and self worth?

Thank you

You must have missed the memo grin
Re: Husband Sends Wife Packing For having Her Bath. by cococandy(f): 5:06pm On Sep 01, 2014
Maybe I did angry

Someone fax me my copy let me re-condition my thinking.
Maybe I'm wrong to think a man and his wife can sort issues without one assuming the lord and master postion over the other.

Make I go format my brain. I dey come.

bukatyne:

You must have missed the memo grin

Re: Husband Sends Wife Packing For having Her Bath. by Godmystrength: 5:25pm On Sep 01, 2014
5minsmadness: What ?? angry angry angry
How can a normal person drive his wife out just like that!
Some men are not fit to be husbands angry
Nonsense
Does he think his wife is a slave? What an ignoramus!
The woman should leave the smelly bastard and file for divorce and make sure she collects her children!

There. Happy? Good. Over and out.
this is not you...

1 Like

Re: Husband Sends Wife Packing For having Her Bath. by 5minsmadness: 5:37pm On Sep 01, 2014
cococandy: @5minmadness, I read your seemingly 'extrapolative' post and all I got is that you think a woman should be dictated to.
Really? That's all you got from that exceedingly long post? Pity. I really put effort into typing it. Oh well.

Thanks. Nothing as refreshing as a balanced view.

There's no respect.

But you have to earn the respect. Isn't that what you ladies always tell us men?

My post encourages the woman to live at peace with her husband. If she no get power make she no go fight.
The bracketed sentence is your reasoning, not mine.

Your cause and effect phrase doesn't hold water here.
Yes it does. Why would a man who carried a woman to the altar, financed her education(things insecure men won't do for fear their wives will become 'too wise'), and had 4kids with her suddenly want to get her out of the house. So.etching must have turned the rosy marriage into a bed of thorns. What was it? If we find the problem can't we find the solution?
Is there ever any reason that will make you agree that a woman has cause to punish her husband?
Lol! Who still thinks like this? Have you been living in the dark ages? Which sane man in this day and age thinks this way? I think you have been reading too much of Chimamanda's books.

So where does it stop?
If that's what it takes for peace to reign at that moment then yes she should do it. Two people stamping their feet on the ground and screaming at the top of their lungs has never solved anything. One person has to be the mature one and back down once in a while else the situation escalates.

Today it's 'don't bath'

What then?
If Oga is increasingly finding fault with madam then there is an underlying problem. Why not find out what the problem is in a calm manner and seeing if it can be solved?

Thank you

How do you define marriage? Do you feel that marriage is a trap when men are lords and masters and women are slaves? If you do then anything the man does will annoy you, any move the man makes will be scuntinised by you to see if he is trampling on your rights or not.

That is no way to live. That is no way to be happy.

There's a thread going on now about whether a lady can call her man Sir or Daddy. There are going to be dissenting views.I have ignored it so far not because i care either way but because I know its going to be another gender war there. Ladies are going to be screaming that the man is not their King so why should they call him daddy?

Well, why did you marry him then? If you cannot see him as your king how do you expect him to treat you like his queen?

Of course men see women as human beings. You ladies should see men as human beings too. We have feelings, pride and self-worth too. And if you trample on that, well...retaliation is inevitable.

If you both love each other none of this fighting for respect or rights will occur in the first place.

3 Likes

Re: Husband Sends Wife Packing For having Her Bath. by 5minsmadness: 5:50pm On Sep 01, 2014
Godmystrength: this is not you...
Really? Its not? Gee thanks. Glad you noticed.
Re: Husband Sends Wife Packing For having Her Bath. by baralatie(m): 6:43pm On Sep 01, 2014
SAMBARRY: This is a new month with new style so therefore wink

and this action by you is the same root action of the husband you called weak.
now you must be weak.
Re: Husband Sends Wife Packing For having Her Bath. by cococandy(f): 7:12pm On Sep 01, 2014
Seen. Noted
5minsmadness:
Really? That's all you got from that exceedingly long post? Pity. I really put effort into typing it. Oh well.

Thanks. Nothing as refreshing as a balanced view.

But you have to earn the respect. Isn't that what you ladies always tell us men?

My post encourages the woman to live at peace with her husband. If she no get power make she no go fight.
The bracketed sentence is your reasoning, not mine.

Yes it does. Why would a man who carried a woman to the altar, financed her education(things insecure men won't do for fear their wives will become 'too wise'), and had 4kids with her suddenly want to get her out of the house. So.etching must have turned the rosy marriage into a bed of thorns. What was it? If we find the problem can't we find the solution?

Lol! Who still thinks like this? Have you been living in the dark ages? Which sane man in this day and age thinks this way? I think you have been reading too much of Chimamanda's books.

If that's what it takes for peace to reign at that moment then yes she should do it. Two people stamping their feet on the ground and screaming at the top of their lungs has never solved anything. One person has to be the mature one and back down once in a while else the situation escalates.

If Oga is increasingly finding fault with madam then there is an underlying problem. Why not find out what the problem is in a calm manner and seeing if it can be solved?

How do you define marriage? Do you feel that marriage is a trap when men are lords and masters and women are slaves? If you do then anything the man does will annoy you, any move the man makes will be scuntinised by you to see if he is trampling on your rights or not.

That is no way to live. That is no way to be happy.

There's a thread going on now about whether a lady can call her man Sir or Daddy. There are going to be dissenting views.I have ignored it so far not because i care either way but because I know its going to be another gender war there. Ladies are going to be screaming that the man is not their King so why should they call him daddy?

Well, why did you marry him then? If you cannot see him as your king how do you expect him to treat you like his queen?

Of course men see women as human beings. You ladies should see men as human beings too. We have feelings, pride and self-worth too. And if you trample on that, well...retaliation is inevitable.

If you both love each other none of this fighting for respect or rights will occur in the first place.
Re: Husband Sends Wife Packing For having Her Bath. by baralatie(m): 7:35pm On Sep 01, 2014

There's no respect.

So where does it stop?

Today it's 'don't bath'

What then?

Thank you
do you think that women have no fault in marriage!
Re: Husband Sends Wife Packing For having Her Bath. by cococandy(f): 7:37pm On Sep 01, 2014
Far from it.
baralatie:
do you think that women have no fault in marriage!
Re: Husband Sends Wife Packing For having Her Bath. by baralatie(m): 7:45pm On Sep 01, 2014
cococandy: Far from it.
then do you believe that marriage is a "programme that will only print out result based on input from both the husband or wife"
I.e.good input=good results

bad input=bad results
Re: Husband Sends Wife Packing For having Her Bath. by cococandy(f): 8:03pm On Sep 01, 2014
Thank you. Exactly.

As long as both see themselves as working together and that each person is equally important as the other.

With such understanding,how will one person treat the other like a child and expect them to be ok with it.
I mean they both married adults right?

That's my whole point in case you didn't get it the first time.
None of them is perfect. If they understand that,they'll be more tolerant and kinder to each other and their weaknesses.

There's no where one person gets off to treating the other like a child or worse still like a slave.

baralatie:
then do you believe that marriage is a "programme that will only print out result based on input from both the husband or wife"
I.e.good input=good results

bad input=bad results
Re: Husband Sends Wife Packing For having Her Bath. by baralatie(m): 8:14pm On Sep 01, 2014
cococandy: Thank you. Exactly.

As long as both see themselves as working together and that each person is equally important as the other.

With such understanding,how will one person treat the other like a child and expect them to be ok with it.
I mean they both married adults right?

That's my whole point in case you didn't get it the first time.
None of them is perfect. If they understand that,they'll be more tolerant and kinder to each other and their weaknesses.

There's no where one person gets off to treating the other like a child or worse still like a slave.

working together is a general word!

I used the word "programme for marriage".it means every1 writes out the language and the processing of marriage itself.

take a good look at sublime beliefs during dates and relationships.bring them up to an institution of marriage with norms and culture(people start cracking up irrespective of gender)

in marriage,what goes around comes round.in this case the man might think he was correct but in actual fact he just initiated a programme which he is the sole loser.this I know very well.
Re: Husband Sends Wife Packing For having Her Bath. by Nobody: 4:28am On Sep 02, 2014
They have a kid in secondary school and two pairs of hands on deck as house help, and yet she isn't "allowed" to work. Also, despite the fact that they're well off, she returns his change. It's obvious he's taken steps to gain the absolute control he now enjoys. His incredibly irrational order emphasizes a sheer display of power that he wanted to demonstrate for whatever reason, and the fact that she dared bypass him challenged not only his control of the situation, but of her. His disproportionally extreme reaction to her "disobedience" suggests that his wife is usually very meek.
Re: Husband Sends Wife Packing For having Her Bath. by abinoam: 6:10am On Sep 02, 2014
Toooo, husband-your-lordship-sir go hug transformation! undecided
Re: Husband Sends Wife Packing For having Her Bath. by sarutobie(m): 11:08am On Sep 02, 2014
@5minmadness, you and Aisha so far are the only objective and logical posters here..everything is not in black and white, I have had experiences and judged one party guilty only to get the other side of the story and was shell shocked! Isnt it ironic that your post have been devoid of rude and insultive comments but other posters have replied you with less decorum? One can never be a good judge of any situation (not to talk of marital issues) with sentiments and stereotyped reasoning. I find it unbelievable for a man to send away his wife of four kids because of water, it just doesn't stick.whatever it is (apart from infidelity) the man has to sheath his anger/pride and resolve his issues with his wife, his kids are watching and learning.

2 Likes

Re: Husband Sends Wife Packing For having Her Bath. by freecocoa(f): 12:05pm On Sep 02, 2014
Just imagine, someone keeps saying the man didn't intend to go through with the threat, who makes such a threat in the first place? What kind of a man says 'no bathing' to his WIFE because he's mad at her?

I mean, how shallow is such a man? How uneducated? How power drunk? You don't even say such to a maid let alone your wife? I don't Fecking care what the woman did but only an overly immature prick would say something as stupid as the above quote.

2 Likes

Re: Husband Sends Wife Packing For having Her Bath. by freecocoa(f): 12:17pm On Sep 02, 2014
And to add to what Aisha said, the woman has no excuse to remain there, no one can treat you like trash without your consent.

The man is a prick but the woman allows herself to be treated that way so, that's her business.

1 Like

Re: Husband Sends Wife Packing For having Her Bath. by Afam4eva(m): 12:21pm On Sep 02, 2014
sarutobie: @5minmadness, you and Aisha so far are the only objective and logical posters here..everything is not in black and white, I have had experiences and judged one party guilty only to get the other side of the story and was shell shocked! Isnt it ironic that your post have been devoid of rude and insultive comments but other posters have replied you with less decorum? One can never be a good judge of any situation (not to talk of marital issues) with sentiments and stereotyped reasoning. I find it unbelievable for a man to send away his wife of four kids because of water, it just doesn't stick.whatever it is (apart from infidelity) the man has to sheath his anger/pride and resolve his issues with his wife, his kids are watching and learning.
I kinda share your sentiments. It's not like there are no men like the one who sent his wife parking because of water, that's if that's exactly the only story. We may never know the truth. The story may be true but it may not be the entire story.
Re: Husband Sends Wife Packing For having Her Bath. by Nobody: 6:54pm On Sep 02, 2014
freecocoa: Just imagine, someone keeps saying the man didn't intend to go through with the threat, who makes such a threat in the first place? What kind of a man says 'no bathing' to his WIFE because he's mad at her?

I mean, how shallow is such a man? How uneducated? How power drunk? You don't even say such to a maid let alone your wife? I don't Fecking care what the woman did but only an overly immature prick would say something as stupid as the above quote.
Nawa
The Thing pain you pass the wife grin
Such can only be found in marriages between an Illiterate and His educated wife
Re: Husband Sends Wife Packing For having Her Bath. by freecocoa(f): 9:48pm On Sep 02, 2014
3cycle:
Nawa
The Thing pain you pass the wife grin
Such can only be found in marriages between an Illiterate and His educated wife
The thing pain me wella o, I no go lie.

I just can't imagine someone(especially my husband) talk to me like that, like unto wetin na? Kai! I have too much pride to let anyone reduce me to their plaything.
Re: Husband Sends Wife Packing For having Her Bath. by Ninilowo(m): 10:09pm On Sep 02, 2014
The woman should just go before the man changes her title to "Late..............." a word is enough for a wise.
Re: Husband Sends Wife Packing For having Her Bath. by amakajoe(f): 11:02pm On Sep 02, 2014
3cycle:
A mother usually puts her children into consideration before herself. Sad

Quality of a good mother

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Why Are Nigerian Men Generally So Damn Sexist?? / Familanders,please Help Me Plan The Program / How To Tackle Naysayers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.