Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,305 members, 7,808,037 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:00 AM

DIY Gurus, Kindly Assist - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / DIY Gurus, Kindly Assist (1832 Views)

Car Gurus...kindly Help Give Solutions To These Codes That Came Up During Car Sc / Gearbox/brain Box Solutions For 2007 Honda Civic Needed Kindly Assist Me / DIY (DO-IT-YOURSELF) ABSOLUTELY FREE VIN CHECK (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

DIY Gurus, Kindly Assist by atikubaba(m): 6:43pm On Aug 30, 2014
My car ,2003 Toyota Avalon ,suddenly shows check engine ,VSC and track off .it was scanned and the trouble codes are P0135 and P0155.what are the possible causes and how can I go about solving this problems my self .Drawings detailed explanations on how to do the troubleshooting will be highly appreciated. thanks
Re: DIY Gurus, Kindly Assist by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:51pm On Aug 30, 2014
atikubaba: My car ,2003 Toyota Avalon ,suddenly shows check engine ,VSC and track off .it was scanned and the trouble codes are P0135 and P0155.what are the possible causes and how can I go about solving this problems my self .Drawings detailed explanations on how to do the troubleshooting will be highly appreciated. thanks

Your AF/oxygen sensors (P0135) Bank 1 sensor 1 and AF/oxygen sensor bank 2 sensor 1 (PO155) are reporting errors to your Ecm (brain box) .They could be bad and need replacement or the harness (wires that connect) could be faulty, check harness if ok replace faulty Sensors. The sensors are located on your exhaust system

Re scan and rest vehicle cover 100km and re scan for possible errors, if non I guess you are clear.

Picture of "AN" oxygen sensor(not toyota)

Location of sensors (avalon 2003)

Best of luck

1 Like

Re: DIY Gurus, Kindly Assist by atikubaba(m): 9:18pm On Aug 30, 2014
GAZZUZZ:

Your AF/oxygen sensors (P0135) Bank 1 sensor 1 and AF/oxygen sensor bank 2 sensor 1 (PO155) are reporting errors to your Ecm (brain box) .They could be bad and need replacement or the harness (wires that connect) could be faulty, check harness if ok replace faulty Sensors. The sensors are located on your exhaust system

Picture of "AN" oxygen sensor(not toyota)
[img]http://www.mazdarotaryparts.
com/ekmps/shops/cliveh/images/-b-rx-8-genuine-mazda-oxygen-sensor-to-fit-the-catalytic-convertor-b--1485-p.jpg[/img]
Re scan and rest vehicle cover 100km and re scan for possible errors, if non I guess you are clear.
Location of sensors (avalon 2003)

Best of luck
thank u .but could pls explain what u mean by " Re scan and rest vehicle cover 100km and re scan for possible errors, if non I guess you are clear."
Re: DIY Gurus, Kindly Assist by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:01am On Aug 31, 2014
atikubaba: thank u .but could pls explain what u mean by " Re scan and rest vehicle cover 100km and re scan for possible errors, if non I guess you are clear."

You took it for a scan and you got codes POxxx and POxxx now I'm saying replace the faulty parts and take it back for another scan. And sorry wrote rest instead of RESET, after sscanning clearing the errors is kind of reseting the ecm to its default. Then also mentioned drive a 100km, that's to ensure there are no more problems with ur car, if there are b4 you complete the 100km journey (it does not have to be a stretch, could be your regular every day movement) if there are still problems your mil would illuminate Hope I'm clear?
Re: DIY Gurus, Kindly Assist by atikubaba(m): 8:44am On Aug 31, 2014
GAZZUZZ:

You took it for a scan and you got codes POxxx and POxxx now I'm saying replace the faulty parts and take it back for another scan. And sorry wrote rest instead of RESET, after sscanning clearing the errors is kind of reseting the ecm to its default. Then also mentioned drive a 100km, that's to ensure there are no more problems with ur car, if there are b4 you complete the 100km journey (it does not have to be a stretch, could be your regular every day movement) if there are still problems your mil would illuminate Hope I'm clear?
I got now thanks .But surprised the two O2 sensors could got bad at the same time,
Re: DIY Gurus, Kindly Assist by atikubaba(m): 8:44am On Aug 31, 2014
GAZZUZZ:

Re: DIY Gurus, Kindly Assist by GAZZUZZ(m): 11:30am On Aug 31, 2014
atikubaba: I got now thanks .But surprised the two O2 sensors could got bad at the same time,

That's y I mentioned check harness.

(1) (Reply)

Nissan Murano 2015 Hot Or Not? / Pls Help..honda Accord Power Steering Problem / Toyota Tiny Lyt AC Headache

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.