Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,371 members, 7,800,747 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 05:22 AM

Why Do People Dance Worldly In Church? - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do People Dance Worldly In Church? (33266 Views)

Is It Right For Christians To Dance Worldly Dance Steps In The Church??? / Dont Be Deceived In Church Today Brethren. / Worldly Dance, Worldly Song, Worldly Music, Worldly Movie, : Enough Is Enough (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do People Dance Worldly In Church? by Vicfus(m): 6:43pm On Aug 31, 2014
Do you mean to say "immoral slangs". or dance? Because I don't understand what you meant by WORLDLY dance! What if you attend a church service and †ђξ choir sings in a Celine Dion's music tone and instrumentals?
Re: Why Do People Dance Worldly In Church? by Nobody: 6:48pm On Aug 31, 2014
Weselion: you used the word "If" that means there is a possibility that it does not glorify God, some songs are devil inspired, so are some dance steps. You can't give God what belongs to the devil. Dance steps evolve as new songs evolve, some artist invent a dance step to move with his songmost artist this days sing erotic songs, so should we use dance steps of erotic sGod? E.g dance pull over in church (kcee ft wizkid), dance mapouka in church (so(nicki minaj style) or even shoki, to me shoki is a gay man's dance.
I am not a pastor or evangelist or a very devoted christian, its just my conscience speaking.
So David dat danced like a mad man( mind u mad men are known to be pple possessed by evil spirits) and God saw and was happy wit and even cursed Saul's daughter for judging him. Wat about him?
Re: Why Do People Dance Worldly In Church? by Nobody: 7:23pm On Aug 31, 2014
damilola5019:
So David dat danced like a mad man( mind u mad men are known to be pple possessed by evil spirits) and God saw and was happy wit and even cursed Saul's daughter for judging him. Wat about him?
A mad man is different from a possessed man, a mad man is a person who has lost all the sense in him and is not ashamed to do anything, a possessed man is the one with evil spirits living inside him, they are two different things. Because someone is mad does not mean he has evil spirits in him, it could be brain damage or dis-orderliness.

Now, David was a king, it is very un-usual to see a king dancing, rolling on the ground, tearing his clothes without shame just like madmen that don't have shame. If boko haram issue ended tomorrow and you saw a video of President Jonathan dancing and tearing of his clothes in public, what would you call him (Nigerians wey get bad mouth before).

Ok, let me ask this question, since dance na dance, can you dance mapouka in church (search google for pics)? Can you do a lap dance in church? There are poles/pillars in my church, can the ladies in my church do a pole dance? Bros please look very well, some dance steps are questionable.

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Dance Worldly In Church? by bigiyaro(m): 7:28pm On Aug 31, 2014
nnamdizen: The devil even quoted the scriptures to Jesus christ himself to corrupt his understanding of the word, why wount those he succeeded in corrupting do thesame
nobody is quoting any scriptures, i just ask the op to describe how church dance is supposed to look like. Pls don't form any dirty holiness for here jawe
Re: Why Do People Dance Worldly In Church? by bigiyaro(m): 7:30pm On Aug 31, 2014
morsadh: . Pls clarify something for me. When Dave danced before the Lord, was he wearing royal robe or just a linen cloth to cover his unclothedness?
that was what I read in the Bible, go n read the story and clarify urself.i just ask the op to describe how church dance is supposed to look like. Pls don't form any dirty holiness for here jawe
Re: Why Do People Dance Worldly In Church? by Nobody: 7:40pm On Aug 31, 2014
mike404: In Sura Hajj (Pilgrimage)
22:52-53, Muhammad confessed
his mistake, alleging that all
prophets were tempted by Satan
who inspire them with demonic
verses, as if they were actually
revealed by God. But later on
Allah abrogated those Satanic
Verses with new revelations and
instructs his prophets with new
verses. According to Islam, Allah
permits such demonic
inspiration to test weak believers
and to cut off those with
hardened hearts.
mr man when I said "quote" I meant state the verse not tell me the chapter. You didn't even understand the message/command I was trying to pass unto u how am I sure u understood the message of the quran
Re: Why Do People Dance Worldly In Church? by xreal: 7:49pm On Aug 31, 2014
I also feel bad and embarrassed seeing these dance steps/body movements in a house of GOD.

The bitter truth is that dancing shouldn't be encouraged in church to an extent.

.....end time things.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do People Dance Worldly In Church? by Nobody: 8:36pm On Aug 31, 2014
Righteousman, that same bible said THOU SHALL NOT JUGDE. and for ur information, king david in the bible invented skelewu, shoky, azonto and other abi u no read bible reach dere
Re: Why Do People Dance Worldly In Church? by Nobody: 8:37pm On Aug 31, 2014
?
Re: Why Do People Dance Worldly In Church? by nnamdizen(m): 8:51pm On Aug 31, 2014
bigiyaro: nobody is quoting any scriptures, i just ask the op to describe how church dance is supposed to look like. Pls don't form any dirty holiness for here jawe
Bros i no holly pass u o, am just trying to make u get your facts right sir
Re: Why Do People Dance Worldly In Church? by Nobody: 8:56pm On Aug 31, 2014
Weselion: A mad man is different from a possessed man, a mad man is a person who has lost all the sense in him and is not ashamed to do anything, a possessed man is the one with evil spirits living inside him, they are two different things. Because someone is mad does not mean he has evil spirits in him, it could be brain damage or dis-orderliness.
church, can the ladies in my church do a pole dance? Bros please look very well, some dance steps are questionable.
Ehmmm......check wat mapouka means.....den u'll knw its not a dance but describes d situation for erotic dancing like a stripper vault or swing.
Also check diff translations of d word used to describe Davids dance and u'll knw dat u are completly wrong.
Re: Why Do People Dance Worldly In Church? by Sparklesebony: 9:02pm On Aug 31, 2014
Not surprised at most of the comments. Being in church every Sunday does not make u a Christian.

Those justifying skeluwu, asonto, alingo etc in d church, pls don't form ignorance as if we all do not know that these dances were invented for ssexx appeal.

If u think a dance invented for showbiz is good to be displayed in d house of a Holy God who cautions His worshippers to shun worldly ways n be modest in all they do, then keep shaking that butty in church.

Sha no forget say na only u go waka come when God calls for ur record.
Re: Why Do People Dance Worldly In Church? by Redder97(m): 9:50pm On Aug 31, 2014
non believers even arguing for dis thread o ga o...n for d believers,u r losing it wen u start thinkin dat believers and non believers are servin d same GOD.AND for d dance am nt surprise at some believers comment......al i knw is dat d kingdom of God is at hand.stay blessed

2 Likes

Re: Why Do People Dance Worldly In Church? by joshrare(m): 9:53pm On Aug 31, 2014
Jennimma: Is it godly to dance worldly steps in church?
Most of the youths in our churches enjoy dancing steps they learn from secular music like "skelewu" and such likes...and most of our pastors say little or nothing about it. I kinda feel its not right.
Should christains copy worldly dance steps? Can't we create our own dance steps?

That's to tell you that immorality(sexual esp) is high in churches these days and it has not stop rising
Comments allowed.
Re: Why Do People Dance Worldly In Church? by omoredia: 10:01pm On Aug 31, 2014
Yungwizzzy: If you don't do those steps in the house of God where will you dance them?? club??

btw
which passage specified godly dance Mr righteous??

A perfect fool has landed
Re: Why Do People Dance Worldly In Church? by godman01(m): 10:08pm On Aug 31, 2014
EternalBeing: Remember that currently (through satan or GOD)only the genuinely spiritual amount to something great in this generation. GOD is still very much in the business of making people celebrities. Chronicles 16:9 says "The eyes of GOD runs to and fro the earth seeking those HE can" make celebrities; holiness is the price. GOD (as HE did with Ben Carlso, D. K. Olukoya, etc. making them great today and tomorrow in the hereafter) and satan (as he did with... u know who, promises them today but no tomorrow because he knows they'll end in hellfire); both are still seriously looking for souls. True Love is still very real despite the fact that the devil has wrongfully programme a lot of people's mind to live like dogs having multiple partners under self-deceit that true love does not exist. Get the mystery in Gen 2:24-25; Have sex only with 1 person you've chosen to "marry" because Sex=Marriage, the ceremony is not the marriage, Sex is the Marriage . If you've had sex with multiple partners, u r guity of polygamy ask your Creator for forgiveness. Paul said for those that can't hold yourself... search for your soulmate, pray and start Sexing. Marriage is NOT the ceremony and gathering of people NO! Read Genesis 2:24-25 to understand the Spiritual Mystery that Sex=Marriage. Whether u r 18 or 30, choose just one and GOD will prosper d union if both of u stay faithful to each other for d rest of ur lives. GOD created sex for us as a covenant Sweet bond between 2 persons that have chosen to become 1 (Sex=Marriage. Read Genesis 2:24-25 says "they cleave to become 1 and they were Unclad" . Understand the mystery that devil wants u to keep denying for the rest of their life). devil has deceived so many by trivializing Sex. Sex is grossly spiritual, whether you are a guy or girl, the person u give acess to your Private Part can easily destroy your Life and Destiny permanently. Remember, there's no physical way to identify a demon infested witch/wizard in church or in club; that girl, that guy u r planning and craving to have sex with might just be one. So, totally give your Life to JESUS and pray HIM to guide you to your own wife/husband, and HE surely will. Sex is the worst weapon that devil is using to destroy wonderful youths with Glorious Destiny in this End Time. BE WISE!
The truth of the matter is that it is marriage that protect the coming together of two persons and Paul never said people should just come together and start sexing, he said if a man can no longer hold, then he should go ahead and marry.
Re: Why Do People Dance Worldly In Church? by godman01(m): 10:08pm On Aug 31, 2014
EternalBeing: Remember that currently (through satan or GOD)only the genuinely spiritual amount to something great in this generation. GOD is still very much in the business of making people celebrities. Chronicles 16:9 says "The eyes of GOD runs to and fro the earth seeking those HE can" make celebrities; holiness is the price. GOD (as HE did with Ben Carlso, D. K. Olukoya, etc. making them great today and tomorrow in the hereafter) and satan (as he did with... u know who, promises them today but no tomorrow because he knows they'll end in hellfire); both are still seriously looking for souls. True Love is still very real despite the fact that the devil has wrongfully programme a lot of people's mind to live like dogs having multiple partners under self-deceit that true love does not exist. Get the mystery in Gen 2:24-25; Have sex only with 1 person you've chosen to "marry" because Sex=Marriage, the ceremony is not the marriage, Sex is the Marriage . If you've had sex with multiple partners, u r guity of polygamy ask your Creator for forgiveness. Paul said for those that can't hold yourself... search for your soulmate, pray and start Sexing. Marriage is NOT the ceremony and gathering of people NO! Read Genesis 2:24-25 to understand the Spiritual Mystery that Sex=Marriage. Whether u r 18 or 30, choose just one and GOD will prosper d union if both of u stay faithful to each other for d rest of ur lives. GOD created sex for us as a covenant Sweet bond between 2 persons that have chosen to become 1 (Sex=Marriage. Read Genesis 2:24-25 says "they cleave to become 1 and they were Unclad" . Understand the mystery that devil wants u to keep denying for the rest of their life). devil has deceived so many by trivializing Sex. Sex is grossly spiritual, whether you are a guy or girl, the person u give acess to your Private Part can easily destroy your Life and Destiny permanently. Remember, there's no physical way to identify a demon infested witch/wizard in church or in club; that girl, that guy u r planning and craving to have sex with might just be one. So, totally give your Life to JESUS and pray HIM to guide you to your own wife/husband, and HE surely will. Sex is the worst weapon that devil is using to destroy wonderful youths with Glorious Destiny in this End Time. BE WISE!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do People Dance Worldly In Church? by morsadh(m): 10:52pm On Aug 31, 2014
bigiyaro: that was what I read in the Bible, go n read the story and clarify urself.i just ask the op to describe how church dance is supposed to look like. Pls don't form any dirty holiness for here jawe
guy I was simply trying to clarify it. No need for the 'dirty holiness' comment!
Re: Why Do People Dance Worldly In Church? by ugoezeik(m): 10:56pm On Aug 31, 2014
curiouses:
Thanks. Provided I won't be allow inside it, it's all cool and good.
i wil PRAY to God for ur forgiveness
Re: Why Do People Dance Worldly In Church? by luckycliff: 11:13pm On Aug 31, 2014
Dancing is it for Christian?
Re: Why Do People Dance Worldly In Church? by luckycliff: 11:17pm On Aug 31, 2014
Dancing is it for Christian? Bible bk up
Re: Why Do People Dance Worldly In Church? by lomprico(m): 11:52pm On Aug 31, 2014
ChynoBEATS: ...... Worldy (Somfin dat doesn't glorify GOD "dis-taste_able" ) n (Somfin that's not 4rm GOD) .........
And r we in the world?
Re: Why Do People Dance Worldly In Church? by lomprico(m): 11:54pm On Aug 31, 2014
nnamdizen: ok sir... Worldly things are practices which are contrary to the teachings of the church! Like dace steps where ladies through their bom bom care freely in all directions to attract mens attention to their bodies is not right inside the church.
And were was dancing condemmed?
Re: Why Do People Dance Worldly In Church? by Nobody: 12:35am On Sep 01, 2014
Some dances na wa sha! But by the way OP, who died and made you judge? You who clearly flaunted forum rules and changed shi!t to sh*t just to make sure you get a swear word into your siggy. And you're judging dancing? Na wa o!
And for anyone whose church doesn't allow dancing, how do you even know of azonto, skelewu etc if you aren't watching those worldy vids in secret? I have a friend who worships in MFM and she clearly told me a few years ago that the internet is the devil's tool but today she has a Blackberry Q10. What?! Can people stop being hypocrites?
Worship God in your way and allow others worship Him the way they can. Don't judge at all cos you're here judging people's dancing and only God knows how many times that "brother" has touched your chest balls and how many times you wanked while thinking of that "sister". Face front and run this race alone cos at the end of the race, Yahweh aint gonna ask if you judged or not, He's gonna ask if you played your part well. Cheers.
Re: Why Do People Dance Worldly In Church? by dabossman(m): 12:50am On Sep 01, 2014
What a thread. OP, are you now God or His spokesman that you now know what is acceptable in his sight? Some folks just be acting like God is a mathematical equation; 2+2=4.

While men judge the outward appearance, God sees the heart. You hink swaying from side to side and clapping your hands was a dance move invented by angels abi? You must be a very young person. Do you know how many dance steps where created by secular artistes since the beginning of time, that you now dance in church? Do you know how many dance moves that were brought into Christiandom by pagans and idol worshippers who got converted?

Again I say, men judge by outward appearance. God sees the heart. Stop playing God.
Re: Why Do People Dance Worldly In Church? by AbdulMajeed2(m): 3:35am On Sep 01, 2014
Arysexy:

.......Says a boko haramist he goat
have I said anything wrong...guilty concience nigga...dancing wordly dances in churches...there is God oooooo
Re: Why Do People Dance Worldly In Church? by Nimen(m): 6:35am On Sep 01, 2014
Jenimma Seems they've enlightened you on ma point all this while...
Congrats babe, u made front page
Re: Why Do People Dance Worldly In Church? by bregeard(m): 6:36am On Sep 01, 2014
now d question is must u dance to glorify God nd where in d bible talked bout Mary,jesus e.t.c dancing to glorify God?
Re: Why Do People Dance Worldly In Church? by richyfunky(m): 7:04am On Sep 01, 2014
missberrypop5: it ain't worldly at all. Use it to glorify God instead. When i saw your post i thought some churches now let strippers dance grin

I like ur sarcasm
Re: Why Do People Dance Worldly In Church? by wirelessssss(m): 7:22am On Sep 01, 2014
AriDsexy:
Just an observation,no offense intended grin

I s e e everything shocked

No offense taken cheesy
Re: Why Do People Dance Worldly In Church? by Libkid(m): 7:29am On Sep 01, 2014
CharmO1: Some dances na wa sha! But by the way OP, who died and made you judge? You who clearly flaunted forum rules and changed shi!t to sh*t just to make sure you get a swear word into your siggy. And you're judging dancing? Na wa o!
And for anyone whose church doesn't allow dancing, how do you even know of azonto, skelewu etc if you aren't watching those worldy vids in secret? I have a friend who worships in MFM and she clearly told me a few years ago that the internet is the devil's tool but today she has a Blackberry Q10. What?! Can people stop being hypocrites?
Worship God in your way and allow others worship Him the way they can. Don't judge at all cos you're here judging people's dancing and only God knows how many times that "brother" has touched your chest balls and how many times you wanked while thinking of that "sister". Face front and run this race alone cos at the end of the race, Yahweh aint gonna ask if you judged or not, He's gonna ask if you played your part well. Cheers.
spot on.u jux said it all oya come make i hug u
Re: Why Do People Dance Worldly In Church? by tswagg007(m): 8:00am On Sep 01, 2014
Ijo ti mo ba jo fun orisa,ma jo fun olorun

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

2015 Polls: Prophecies That Hit The Crossbar - Femi Adesina (the SUN) / 10 Bible Verses Every Christian Should Know By Heart / Let’s Break Nigeria, Amalgamation Erroneous – Methodist Bishop

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.