Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,895 members, 7,802,879 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:10 AM

1 Nigerian Prision Where Prisoners Write WAEC Exams - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 1 Nigerian Prision Where Prisoners Write WAEC Exams (722 Views)

Latest Waec Ranking Of Best Schools In Waec Exams / How Many Time Did You Write WAEC/GCE? / Failed WAEC Exams Repeatedly.... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

1 Nigerian Prision Where Prisoners Write WAEC Exams by layrayson(m): 8:16pm On Aug 30, 2014
You have the freedom to move around, freedom to go to parties, freedom to date whoever you want because you are still a free citizen. Prisoners don't have those privileges but they do have one freedom now; freedom to write WAEC.
About 43 prisoners were presented with their WAEC result on friday at the Kuje Medium Prison at the Federal Capital Territory (FCT). They sat for the exam in November/December last year and it was funded by a non-governmental agency called NUGA best.
At the occasion of the presentation of the result to the inmates, it was also stated that about 33 inmates have gained admission to National Open university of Nigeria(NOUN).
I guess we are getting to a point in this country where prisioners will be treated like those in developed countries(you know, the good food and all.)

Whats your opinion about the freedom to write WAEC exmination in Nigerian Prisons?

SOURCE: http://note-street..com/2014/08/1-nigerian-prision-where-prisoners.html
Re: 1 Nigerian Prision Where Prisoners Write WAEC Exams by Nobody: 10:19pm On Aug 30, 2014
I was at the Kuje prison some weeks back and I must commend the federal government and prison authorities for the efficient management of that prison. The WAEC and NOUN initiative got me like wow... the whole environment was neat, they had DSTV's, football field, they cook their meals and have very impressive places of worship. Their NOUN Centre (Inside the prison) had well over 40 newly donated flat scree PC's. A prisoner who addressed us said; not everyone you see in the prison is a criminal, some of us are just victims of circumstance, and I really did see reason with him. My visit to Kuje prison is one I'll like to experience again... least I forget, those prisoners were all looking fresh...

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Ogun/Oyo Govts Shift Resumption Date / Is JAMB Form out on sale ? / 2014 Undergraduate Ptdf Scholarship

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.