Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,644 members, 7,801,873 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:03 AM

Please Don’t Retire Me From Politics, Ohakim Begs Imo People - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Please Don’t Retire Me From Politics, Ohakim Begs Imo People (656 Views)

Obanikoro Takes A Break From Politics / Tribunal Sacks Vincent Bulus In Plateau, Bans Him From Politics For Life / PDP Leaders Who May Retire From Politics Following Buhari’s Emergence (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Don’t Retire Me From Politics, Ohakim Begs Imo People by eunisam: 8:43pm On Aug 30, 2014
Immediate past governor of Imo State, Chief Ikedi Ohakim yesterday begged the people of the state not to retire him from politics untimely, saying doing so would
make him go begging.
Ohakim also appealed to them to allow him complete his second term in 2015, expressing fears that if the PDP failed to win the governorship election in 2015, most of
the current political gladiators in the party would be retired by Governor Rochas Okorocha.
Speaking at the Peoples Democratic Party State secretariat where he formally declared his interest to contest for the governorship position in the state, the ex-
governor stated that denying him the governorship seat of the state in 2015 would amount to the party and the people retiring him from politics at a very tender below
60 years, adding that he not want to go begging.
In his words “they want to gang up to retire me. Please don’t retire me at this tender age and don’t allow them to retire me. The only I know how best to do is
administration, giving meaning to lives. If you retire me from politics, will I go begging?”
He described his ouster in 2011 as divine tragedy, stating that he had learnt his lessons from his past mistakes during his first stint as the governor, even as he
promised to give the state a better governance if given the opportunity to complete his second term.
Ohakim insisted that he is the only governorship aspirant in the PDP that forgot something in the state government house and has the capacity to defeat Governor
Okorocha.
“I’ll match him governor for governor, project for project, one tenure for one tenure and truth versus falsehood”
While insisting that he did not lose the 2011 election, he told the party that he is only man that has well laid down structure from the ward to state level, adding that the
governorship ticket of the PDP was still with him.
The PDP, he added, would not find it difficult to win the forthcoming election in 2015 if he would be given the opportunity to return.
The former governor lamented that less than three years after Owelle Rochas Okorocha succeeded him, Imo State had been turned upside down with what he
referred to as, “China Projects”.
He assured them that all the valuable projects he started would be completed if given another opportunity, lamenting that if he had been allowed to complete his
tenure, about 400,000 Imo youths currently out of job, would have found solace and the economy would not have been stifled with lack of money in circulation.
He warned the PDP not to allow those he described as “monetricians” to come and destroy the party with their money in the name of aspiring for the party’s ticket.
Re: Please Don’t Retire Me From Politics, Ohakim Begs Imo People by Nobody: 8:46pm On Aug 30, 2014
Na like this eh kwa?

1 Like

Re: Please Don’t Retire Me From Politics, Ohakim Begs Imo People by Nobody: 8:48pm On Aug 30, 2014
Ohakim insisted that he is the only governorship aspirant in the PDP that forgot something in the state government house and has the capacity to defeat Governor

Forgot sumtin kwa
So what exactly did he forget?

Is it his snuff box or his pack of koboko ?
Ikedinakoboko Ohakim,move on

1 Like

Re: Please Don’t Retire Me From Politics, Ohakim Begs Imo People by eunisam: 9:03pm On Aug 30, 2014
.........no room 4 you.......
Re: Please Don’t Retire Me From Politics, Ohakim Begs Imo People by Nobody: 9:17pm On Aug 30, 2014
I don't like Rochas, but I'll vote him over Ohakim any time of the day. Ohakim is a fraud
Re: Please Don’t Retire Me From Politics, Ohakim Begs Imo People by wecan: 10:42pm On Aug 30, 2014
I will vote for Ikedi Ohakim for a transparent governance and quality projects

(1) (Reply)

Igbos Are Better Off In My Govt -jonathan / Nigeria Air Force Fighter Jet Declared Missing / Alleged Murders Commited By Fayemi And Ekiti APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.