Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,296 members, 7,808,007 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:31 AM

Female Poly Student Sells Baby For N620,000 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Female Poly Student Sells Baby For N620,000 (2256 Views)

Congrats To Mother And Baby - For Berem. / Yola Blast’s Dead Toll Hits 70, Poly Loses Four Students / Kerosene From N165 Per Litre Now Sells For N50 Per Litre. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Female Poly Student Sells Baby For N620,000 by Naijavibz: 3:12am On Aug 31, 2014
A student of the Federal Polytechnic Nekede, one Vivian Iwuji who gave birth to a baby boy on August 2, 2014 has with the assistance of her boyfriend, one Obinna Ugochukwu sold the baby for the sum of N620,000. However, luck ran out on them as the buyer, one Ehegalara Edwin was arrested by the Anti-Human Trafficking Unit of the Imo State Police Command, Owerri and the baby rescued.Vivian’s father, Mr Patrick Iwuji told the police that him and his wife were aware that their daughter, Vivian was pregnant. “She told us that she was going to the hospital to deliver and when we visited her, we asked her about the baby. She told us that the baby was dead.

“I didn’t believe her and there was no trace that my daughter’s baby was dead. I had to report to the police. Later the case was transferred to the Anti-Human Trafficking Unit for investigation.

“It was there that my own daughter with her boyfriend confessed that they sold the baby boy in the sum of N620,000 to one Ehegalara Edwin.”

It was a tear of joy on August 11, 2014 at the Police Headquarters, Owerri when the Commissioner of Police, Mr Abdulmajid Ali handed over the baby to Mr. Iwuji.

In a related development, the Imo State Police Command through its Anti-Human Trafficking Unit has successfully rescued and returned another baby abducted from his mother few hours after he was born.

Speaking with Sunday Sun the Imo State Commissioner of Police, Ali said that the Anti-Human Trafficking Unit of the command was able to rescue the baby after a tip-off by a commercial tricycle rider who suspected the shady behaviour of the suspects when they boarded a tricycle on July 30, 2014.

The tricycle rider was said to have informed the police that three armed men came in with a tricycle, shot into the air and snatched a two week old baby boy.

CP Ali said that they handed over the baby boy to three persons, one man and two women who came from Nasarawa State.

He said they picked tricycle from Orija and from there took the Young Shall Grow bus going to Lagos State. The suspects were in the bus when they were arrested by the Anti-Human Trafficking Section and the baby was rescued.

He said they have made confessional statements at the Iho Police Division.

CP Ali further said that the victim was able to identify her baby saying the police later found out that the baby belongs to Mr. and Mrs Obi.

Ali later handed over the baby boy to Mr and Mrs Obi.

Ali pledged to rid the state of child trafficking.

He said the three suspects have been arrested in connection with the matter and appealed to religious and community leaders to always give police useful information if any woman or family member without prior notice of pregnancy is seen with a new baby.

The family of Mr. and Mrs. Obi thanked CP Ali and the Anti –Human Trafficking Unit for assisting them to recover their stolen baby from the criminals.[sunnews]

http://naijavibz..com/2014/08/female-poly-student-sells-baby-for.html

1 Share

Re: Female Poly Student Sells Baby For N620,000 by purplesummer(f): 3:50am On Aug 31, 2014
Demolish the lady. She's a baby factory grin
Re: Female Poly Student Sells Baby For N620,000 by Naijavibz: 3:53am On Aug 31, 2014
purplesummer: Demolish the lady. She's a baby factory grin
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Female Poly Student Sells Baby For N620,000 by Nobody: 4:02am On Aug 31, 2014
This story is compromising and confusing, the girl or mother, is she not the one that sold the child, so why r they returning it to them. I think she n her boyfriend should be arrested and child taken to her parents or better still a good orphanage home.

1 Like

Re: Female Poly Student Sells Baby For N620,000 by bennygreat1(m): 5:14am On Aug 31, 2014
Wonders shall never End..... The circumstance behind them selling the baby I don't know!!! But they should be seriously punish.. And the baby should be taken care of by the orphanage home!! So sorry baby!!! Some babies always go to were they re not needed.

1 Like

Re: Female Poly Student Sells Baby For N620,000 by echobee(f): 5:28am On Aug 31, 2014
Use less girl angry she and her boyfriend should be dealt with angry.
Re: Female Poly Student Sells Baby For N620,000 by segzyj(m): 5:41am On Aug 31, 2014
Naijavibz: A student of the Federal Polytechnic Nekede, one Vivian Iwuji who gave birth to a baby boy on August 2, 2014 has with the assistance of her boyfriend, one Obinna Ugochukwu sold the baby for the sum of N620,000. However, luck ran out on them as the buyer, one Ehegalara Edwin was arrested by the Anti-Human Trafficking Unit of the Imo State Police Command, Owerri and the baby rescued.Vivian’s father, Mr Patrick Iwuji told the police that him and his wife were aware that their daughter, Vivian was pregnant. “She told us that she was going to the hospital to deliver and when we visited her, we asked her about the baby. She told us that the baby was dead.

“I didn’t believe her and there was no trace that my daughter’s baby was dead. I had to report to the police. Later the case was transferred to the Anti-Human Trafficking Unit for investigation.

“It was there that my own daughter with her boyfriend confessed that they sold the baby boy in the sum of N620,000 to one Ehegalara Edwin.”

It was a tear of joy on August 11, 2014 at the Police Headquarters, Owerri when the Commissioner of Police, Mr Abdulmajid Ali handed over the baby to Mr. Iwuji.

In a related development, the Imo State Police Command through its Anti-Human Trafficking Unit has successfully rescued and returned another baby abducted from his mother few hours after he was born.

Speaking with Sunday Sun the Imo State Commissioner of Police, Ali said that the Anti-Human Trafficking Unit of the command was able to rescue the baby after a tip-off by a commercial tricycle rider who suspected the shady behaviour of the suspects when they boarded a tricycle on July 30, 2014.

The tricycle rider was said to have informed the police that three armed men came in with a tricycle, shot into the air and snatched a two week old baby boy.

CP Ali said that they handed over the baby boy to three persons, one man and two women who came from Nasarawa State.

He said they picked tricycle from Orija and from there took the Young Shall Grow bus going to Lagos State. The suspects were in the bus when they were arrested by the Anti-Human Trafficking Section and the baby was rescued.

He said they have made confessional statements at the Iho Police Division.

CP Ali further said that the victim was able to identify her baby saying the police later found out that the baby belongs to Mr. and Mrs Obi.

Ali later handed over the baby boy to Mr and Mrs Obi.

Ali pledged to rid the state of child trafficking.

He said the three suspects have been arrested in connection with the matter and appealed to religious and community leaders to always give police useful information if any woman or family member without prior notice of pregnancy is seen with a new baby.

The family of Mr. and Mrs. Obi thanked CP Ali and the Anti –Human Trafficking Unit for assisting them to recover their stolen baby from the criminals.[sunnews]

http://naijavibz..com/2014/08/female-poly-student-sells-baby-for.html
. Watin man go do ?, with d high rate of unemployment,neglect and so on in the country...... God help Naija
Re: Female Poly Student Sells Baby For N620,000 by Naijavibz: 5:50am On Aug 31, 2014
echobee: Use less girl angry she and her boyfriend should be dealt with angry.
grin grin grin
Re: Female Poly Student Sells Baby For N620,000 by SMALLPENIS(f): 6:45am On Aug 31, 2014
BIGFOOL: grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Female Poly Student Sells Baby For N620,000 by Nobody: 7:33am On Aug 31, 2014
segzyj: . Watin man go do ?, with d high rate of unemployment,neglect and so on in the country...... God help Naija
This has nothing to do with poverty but greed and criminality. Some people are just money desperate and covetious.
Re: Female Poly Student Sells Baby For N620,000 by 234GT(m): 8:03am On Aug 31, 2014
The girl and her boyfriend are inexperienced baby factories.
Re: Female Poly Student Sells Baby For N620,000 by Sunbellar: 8:08am On Aug 31, 2014
purplesummer: Demolish the lady. She's a baby factory grin
I think she needs reformation rather than demolition.
Re: Female Poly Student Sells Baby For N620,000 by Rawani: 8:19am On Aug 31, 2014
The FG's efforts in encouraging SME's is yielding fruits. This was simply a small scale baby manufacturing exercise, which failed as a result of the lack of s.w.o.t analysis on the enterprise. Ndigbo kwenu!

5 Likes

Re: Female Poly Student Sells Baby For N620,000 by Nobody: 8:27am On Aug 31, 2014
Rawani: The FG's efforts in encouraging SME's is yielding fruits. This was simply a small scale baby manufacturing exercise, which failed as a result of the lack s.w.o.t analysis on the enterprise. Ndigbo kwenu!
Guy na wa yu o cheesy

1 Like

Re: Female Poly Student Sells Baby For N620,000 by Rawani: 8:40am On Aug 31, 2014
barcanista: Guy na wa yu o cheesy

Bruv i'm only excited for the improving economics. We used to hear of babies being sold for N85k for girls and N100k + for boys. Increasing demand and market forces has caused the sky-rocketing of the price to N620,00 shocked, this industry has the potential to boost the SE economy, and give it something to contribute to the GDP for once. Lets not discredit the achievements of this administration. #PoliticsofFairness

6 Likes

Re: Female Poly Student Sells Baby For N620,000 by SLIDEwaxie(m): 9:03am On Aug 31, 2014
dvdon: This story is compromising and confusing, the girl or mother, is she not the one that sold the child, so why r they returning it to them. I think she n her boyfriend should be arrested and child taken to her parents or better still a good orphanage home.
bia, the baby was handed over to the grandma!
Simple comprehension na...
Re: Female Poly Student Sells Baby For N620,000 by Nobody: 9:07am On Aug 31, 2014
Rawani:

Bruv i'm only excited for the improving economics. We used to hear of babies being sold for N85k for girls and N100k + for boys. Increasing demand and market forces has caused the sky-rocketing of the price to N620,00 shocked, this industry has the potential to boost the SE economy, and give it something to contribute to the GDP for once. Lets not discredit the achievements of this administration. #PoliticsofFairness
honestly its a big shame. A disgrace to humanity that a MOTHER will participate in the selling of her baby that she carried for 9months(±). Some people value money so much that they go any length just to get it including Stealing, Baby factory, drug traficking, rituality, fraud and deception among other vices. This is a serious issue that need to be condemned and there should be reorientation especially in the SE on the values of life.

5 Likes

Re: Female Poly Student Sells Baby For N620,000 by arewanationz: 9:13am On Aug 31, 2014
Rawani:

Mugu! cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Female Poly Student Sells Baby For N620,000 by Collynzo16: 10:00am On Aug 31, 2014
barcanista: honestly its a big shame. A disgrace to humanity that a MOTHER will participate in the selling of her baby that she carried for 9months(±). Some people value money so much that they go any length just to get it including Stealing, Baby factory, drug traficking, rituality, fraud and deception among other vices. This is a serious issue that need to be condemned and there should be reorientation especially in the SE on the values of life.
You are quoting a northerner and talking about reorientating the South East people on the values of life? What an Irony.
No set of people value human life more than Igbos in this country.
If you want to be tribalistic, come out openly and be so.
Absolute nonsense.

2 Likes

Re: Female Poly Student Sells Baby For N620,000 by Nobody: 10:13am On Aug 31, 2014
Collynzo16:
You are quoting a northerner and talking about reorientating the South East people on the values of life? What an Irony.
Absolute nonsense.
To you I'm quoting a Northerner or fulani to me I quoted a NIGERIAN. Beside the CP is not Igbo.lol funny.....
if you call me a tribalist for a legitimate comment that 's your business. U think I have time to massage ur ego? Sorry bro, NO time!!!!

As for this....No set of people value human life more than Igbos in this country.

Hahaahhahahaahaha... I Won't comment further, I don't want to be misinterpreted(as usual)

1 Like

Re: Female Poly Student Sells Baby For N620,000 by arewanationz: 10:39am On Aug 31, 2014
Collynzo16:
Absolute nonsense.

Exhibiting the delusional disorder in you should not be seen as offensive but rather a cause for concern....so sad it is that NOTHING can be done to rid you of the genetically inbuilt grandiosity but to feel pity for you and hope you get well soon.

3 Likes

Re: Female Poly Student Sells Baby For N620,000 by redsun(m): 10:56am On Aug 31, 2014
barcanista: This has nothing to do with poverty but greed and criminality. Some people are just money desperate and covetious.

In a normal world young adults females opts for babies to get the favour of their government,but in africa reverse is the case,you have a baby when you are not financially capable, mother and child are left at the mercy of the elements.It is a tough world out there where nobody cares for the needy and sometimes desperate people should be pitied and rehabilitated,not punished and chastised.
Re: Female Poly Student Sells Baby For N620,000 by Idrismusty97(m): 11:31am On Aug 31, 2014
Since they are so good at it, it is time they start applying to be surrogate mothers in India. All they have to do is to get implanted with the zygote of infertile parents and nurture it for nine months till they delivered. The baby would not even look like you since it isn't your cells. You can make N1m or more depending on the worth of the infertile clients. Like someone said it could boost the GPD of their region and could be a good source of foreign revenue. smiley

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/infertile-americans-india-gestational-surrogates/story?id=20808125

http://mobile.news.com.au/lifestyle/parenting/thousands-of-infertile-australians-paying-for-surrogacy-in-india-and-thailand/story-fnet08xa-1226872653386

http://www.m.webmd.com/a-to-z-guides/features/womb-rent-surrogate-mothers-india
Re: Female Poly Student Sells Baby For N620,000 by Vulu: 11:31am On Aug 31, 2014
THOSE WHO WANT TO BE TRIBALISTIC SHOULD COME OUT PLAIN. NO PRETENSE, cheesy THEY KNOW THEMSLEVES.

1 Like

Re: Female Poly Student Sells Baby For N620,000 by MeAboki(m): 11:36am On Aug 31, 2014
By their names you shall know them; their despicable criminal acts always spoiling the name and image of nigerians, both at home and abroad, wickedness and evil is their currency - may God punish them. Amin. angry

3 Likes

Re: Female Poly Student Sells Baby For N620,000 by ChuckVentures(m): 12:11pm On Aug 31, 2014
Very confusing story

Re: Female Poly Student Sells Baby For N620,000 by SELENAqueensy(f): 1:25pm On Aug 31, 2014
That's what I keep saying..
If you are not ready to have a child
QUIT SEX OR USE PROTECTION...

Its as simple as that angry
Re: Female Poly Student Sells Baby For N620,000 by flolancracker: 1:56pm On Aug 31, 2014
Worrisome.
Re: Female Poly Student Sells Baby For N620,000 by Naijavibz1: 2:06pm On Aug 31, 2014
flolancracker: Worrisome.
very very
Re: Female Poly Student Sells Baby For N620,000 by Nobody: 2:31pm On Aug 31, 2014
redsun:

In a normal world young adults females opts for babies to get the favour of their government,but in africa reverse is the case,you have a baby when you are not financially capable, mother and child are left at the mercy of the elements.It is a tough world out there where nobody cares for the needy and sometimes desperate people should be pitied and rehabilitated,not punished and chastised.
Are they the only "poor" group? Why call Africa when this vice is majorly a South Eastern thing? We need to hold the bull by the horn. As long as I know, its desperate and GREEDY people that value money over EVERYTHING that engage in such madness. It has NOTHING to do with poverty. There are "poor" people everywher. The people that engages in such are evil and wicked, there community MUST condemn it and nip it to the bud than "pamper". They deserve PUNISHMENT with HARD LABOUR

1 Like

Re: Female Poly Student Sells Baby For N620,000 by Ukutsgp(m): 2:44pm On Aug 31, 2014
barcanista: Are they the only "poor" group? Why call Africa when this vice is majorly a South Eastern thing? We need to hold the bull by the horn. As long as I know, its desperate and GREEDY people that value money over EVERYTHING that engage in such madness. It has NOTHING to do with poverty. There are "poor" people everywher. The people that engages in such are evil and wicked, there community MUST condemn it and nip it to the bud than "pamper". They deserve PUNISHMENT with HARD LABOUR
u mean the ibos or igbos?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Not Again! Gunmen In Kenya Separate Christians From Muslims And Then Kill Them / Governor Fayose And Former Ekiti Governors In A Happy Mood (picx) / Pa. Buhari Lawyer Decamps To PDP, Describes APC As A "Sinking Titanic"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.