Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,110 members, 7,807,352 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:35 PM

Everybody Is A Genius: The Citizen Of Gyrus - Literature (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Everybody Is A Genius: The Citizen Of Gyrus (13727 Views)

Ebiag Reloaded: The Citizens Of Gyrus / Everybody Is A Genius--season 3 / Legalize Fundamental Rights To The Citizen Fg. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Everybody Is A Genius: The Citizen Of Gyrus by Justeenaleo(f): 4:04pm On Sep 12, 2014
SammyHoe:

Sighs...hmm sad
grin grin grin
Re: Everybody Is A Genius: The Citizen Of Gyrus by bookj(f): 5:17pm On Sep 12, 2014
SammyHoe: w
Na because na u o. If to say na justeenaleo eeh...

BTW, have u checked who u are to me on NL?

U r mouthed jawe, nah I avnt, will check soon
Re: Everybody Is A Genius: The Citizen Of Gyrus by EMERIT2US(m): 10:11pm On Sep 12, 2014
the son of man was here
Re: Everybody Is A Genius: The Citizen Of Gyrus by Nobody: 3:17am On Sep 14, 2014
Happy Sunday to Lopeola, Bookj, Justeenaleo, Sebak, marioking, ToriEmManson, Mimisgreatboy and all the fans of EVERYBODY IS A GENIUS(EBIAG)
Re: Everybody Is A Genius: The Citizen Of Gyrus by bookj(f): 3:21am On Sep 14, 2014
Happy Sunday to u too sammyhoe bt update first grin
Re: Everybody Is A Genius: The Citizen Of Gyrus by Nobody: 3:32am On Sep 14, 2014
bookj: Happy Sunday to u too sammyhoe bt update first grin

I'm trying to my sister. How was your nite?
Re: Everybody Is A Genius: The Citizen Of Gyrus by Nobody: 3:33am On Sep 14, 2014
[b]“Who are you?” screamed Henry. His memory had returned to him.
“You asked for my help, didn’t you?” the gargantuan spider spoke.
“I didn’t,” argued Henry who was already prepared for the worst.
“Didn’t you shout that someone should tell you what’s happening to you?”
“Was that why you’re here?” Henry asked.
“Yes,” the spider replied in a friendly gesture, “I’m the guard of the power of this kingdom. Where you opened last month is called the Power House. It contained all the powers of this kingdom.”
“I don’t believe you,” said Henry in an audacious tone. “I never saw a single wand in it—in fact I saw nothing,” Henry expressed repugnance for the weirdo right in front of him as he spoke. He had earlier fixed his thought on the fact that giving up the ghost right there now would be preferable to staying alive, since the difference his initiation had made ever since becoming a citizen was just that it had, according to his own thought, raised his troubles to the power of ten. The yardstick Henry had used no one knows.
“I said I never saw a single wand in there,” Henry repeated, “So, you ain’t guarding any power,” deduced Henry.
To Henry’s surprise the creature’s face beamed with what Henry had felt was a smile, then it said, “You’re right Henry, I’m guarding nothing, yet I’m guarding the Power House. Since its construction about four hundred years ago, no one had come near it let alone open it.”
“But I opened it, what’s the consequence?” said Henry with great brusqueness, not wanting to dabble into the Spider’s ambiguous speech, since he was not expecting anything other than ambiguity from an ordinary animal, which had even made amazing attempt in the first place to speak.
‘Death of course!” said the Spider.
“Then go ahead, kill me,” replied Henry like one tired of life. The large spider released a great draught from his nostrils and it blew Henry away along with the mighty black web which was taken off Henry’s head, yet Henry’s feet seemed glued to the ground.
Henry’s mirror, having been airlifted by the gust from the spider’s mouth, was smashed on a rocky structure behind Henry. The spider moved a foreleg, which was about twenty meter long, and almost placed it on Henry’s head. The great spider had only four legs; two forelegs and two hind legs. His forelegs appeared to be twice the length of the hind ones. Henry had envisaged dead, so he fastened his eyelids together, as though not wanting to witness the death of himself.
Amazingly, the creature said, “Henry, I can’t do that.” The spider placed his leg to the ground again.
“Why?” Henry asked, overwhelmed with shock.
“Because you’ve got a destiny no one can reverse.”
“Tell me, what’s my destiny?” asked Henry immediately, his head raised as if to look probingly into the large face of the spider, but Henry wondered if the strange thingamabob before him would notice his two puny eyes at all.
“It’s not of me to tell,” it replied soberly.
Henry was gutted.
“Then free me and let me go.”
“It’s not of me to free you either,” it replied, but in an amiable manner. “You see Henry, nobody can spend up to a week in Gyrus and survive, but you did it. You’ve set a record nobody can break. You’ve spent over three and half weeks in Gyrus. Can you see those beards?” Henry was not a bit interested in the Spider’s natters. All he needed was instant freedom or death, but the first appealed to him more now, since the spider had already said he had got a destiny. Henry had already made up his mind to try find it out, at least, before bidding earth (or Gyrus) goodbye.
“Great spider let me go.”
“It’s not of me to free you, I’ve told you before. Ain’t you enjoying my company?” smiled the spider.
“Not a bit,’ shouted Henry with a tone of bellicosity. “You’re not wise scraggy old spider. If you spare my life and keep me captive here the magistrates will kill me. Why not kill me now or let me go now?”
“None of the two is good for an option. You still have about four more months to stay in bondage here.”
“Then after that—”
“After that I’ll release you to the Magistrates to do whatever with you.”
“Okay, I’ve got two things to ask you, perhaps you’ll tell me the answers,” said Henry who was feeling that the time had come to clear his mind off the doubts and uncertainties that had befuddled him most.
“Ask them, I’ll answer,” said the spider to Henry’s elation.
“Professor Wilson’s Seventh Question, can you remind me what it was—now?” he said inquiringly, but the spider said, “Huh—uh, one problem about you magician is ‘now’. You want everything done ‘now’. Fame now, answers to mysteries now. That’s why you’re powerless.”
“Powerless,” Henry’s eyes developed into a bulge. “What d’you mean?”
“You’ve got no power all you magicians. The ordinary ones are more powerful than you are.”
“It’s a lie,” said Henry without giving it a second thought.
“It’s the truth,” the spider affirmed. “Ordinary men have power of self-control, magicians don’t have. They can refrain from revenge, you can’t. They even live longer than you do. Tell me, do you know when you’re going to die?”
“How can I know?” said Henry. “Why should I want to know? All I want to know is the Professor’s Seventh Question,” he added still.
“That’s what I’ve just told you,” said the spider slyly.
“You’re lying,” cried out Henry. “You never told me any Seventh Question.” Henry never realized that the spider had provided the answer in the course of its conversation.
“It’s better for you not to know, but if you insist on knowing someone else will let you know the answer to it later.”
Henry said, “What about my second request?”
“Ask on, I’ll answer it.”
‘Kim will be fighting with Harrison, but Harrison’s receiving help from the Power Guard. I want to pass this message to Kim. Can you tell him on my behalf?”
“Someone has told Kim already,” said the Spider. Then it sighed and said, “It’s that same chap that will give you the answer to the Seventh Question.”
“You’re not straight forward,” Henry maligned.
“That’s because I’m bending backward. It’s my posture,” replied the spider.
“That’s not what I meant?” grimaced Henry, then diverted, “Go away from me spider, you’ve not rendered a single help.”
“Are you saying that my help’s no more needed?” asked the spider playfully.
“You’ve not helped me before now, have you?”
“Look behind you, your mirror,” the spider called his attention to his broken mirror. Henry looked back and realized that it had been mended already, just as it was the day he had received it.
“It’s a small thing. Nothing to fuse about,” shrugged Henry intending to frustrate the spider.
“You sure of what you’re saying?” said the spider in a disappointed tone.
“Yeah, sure—just a mirror.”
“Well, magicians are ungrateful; I’ll never mend a mirror for anyone again in this planet. It’s an oath that cannot be altered,” said the Spider with a tone of sincerity. Then it sulked and withdrew from him. It swiftly made a hollow in the ground and got itself into it. Of its own accord the hollow closed its mouth to bury the spider alive.

Harrison smiled as he placed the mirror gently in a safe place. He had just finished communicating with the Power Guard through it. The man had asked him to come to his place to get his own wand. In a short moment, Harrison was there.
“Here’s it,” said the Power Guard as he handed Harrison his wand. “You’ve got to practice with it overnight. You know Kim’s a Mystery Maker, so don’t be fooled by his tricks.”
“I’ll be very careful sir,” Harry assured.
“You can go now.”
“Thank you sir,” said Harrison as he bobbed briskly to the Power Guard. As he pulled the door open the man said, “Harrison one more thing.”
“What sir?”

[/b]
Re: Everybody Is A Genius: The Citizen Of Gyrus by bookj(f): 3:54am On Sep 14, 2014
SammyHoe:

I'm trying to my sister. How was your nite?

It was fine o nd urs?
Loving this abeg if possible update more nw

1 Like

Re: Everybody Is A Genius: The Citizen Of Gyrus by Nobody: 4:01am On Sep 14, 2014
bookj:

It was fine o nd urs?
Loving this abeg if possible update more nw

Okay, but promise me u will click d share button so ur friends can enjoi too
Re: Everybody Is A Genius: The Citizen Of Gyrus by Justeenaleo(f): 4:32am On Sep 14, 2014
SammyHoe: Happy Sunday to Lopeola, Bookj, Justeenaleo, Sebak, marioking, ToriEmManson, Mimisgreatboy and all the fans of EVERYBODY IS A GENIUS(EBIAG)
Happy sunday. smiley
Re: Everybody Is A Genius: The Citizen Of Gyrus by Nobody: 5:11am On Sep 14, 2014
Justeenaleo:
Happy sunday. smiley

Wishing u same
Re: Everybody Is A Genius: The Citizen Of Gyrus by Mimisboygreat: 5:49am On Sep 14, 2014
SammyHoe: Happy Sunday to Lopeola, Bookj, Justeenaleo, Sebak, marioking, ToriEmManson, Mimisboygreat and all the fans of EVERYBODY IS A GENIUS(EBIAG)
hey sammy.. It'd been a long time oo.
Re: Everybody Is A Genius: The Citizen Of Gyrus by lopeoba(f): 7:55am On Sep 14, 2014
SammyHoe: Happy Sunday to Lopeola, Bookj, Justeenaleo, Sebak, marioking, ToriEmManson, Mimisgreatboy and all the fans of EVERYBODY IS A GENIUS(EBIAG)
I guess I am the lopeola you refered to. Good morning dearie and happy sunday.(though you made a mistake with my name...wink)
Re: Everybody Is A Genius: The Citizen Of Gyrus by Nobody: 8:57am On Sep 14, 2014
lopeoba:
I guess I am the lopeola you refered to. Good morning dearie and happy sunday.(though you made a mistake with my name...wink)

I'm so sorry lopeOBA
Re: Everybody Is A Genius: The Citizen Of Gyrus by Nobody: 9:00am On Sep 14, 2014
[b]CHAPTER TWELVE
STARVING IN GYRUS

Henry had spent three months in Gyrus already without food. His stomach was completely deflated and he was lean and weak, unable to be on his feet. The spider had made a new web around him.
Henry cried out:
“Great spider, I need food!” All of a sudden there was a great quake; such had always preceded the arrival of the spider. Arriving, the spider said, “Young boy, hope you’re fine.”
“How can I? Not when you abandoned me for months without feeding me.”
“Didn’t you say that you hate my company? Well, if you’d asked me for food all this while I’d have fed you three square meals twice.” With the brief information the spider had just given (about the three-square meal twice) Henry was able to evaluate how many days he had spent in Gyrus—two earth days—three months.
“Okay, I need to eat something now,” Henry screamed. The spider dropped a piece of meat he had brought for Henry to feed on.
“Eat it,” said the spider.
“Raw meat,” said Henry. “Why should I eat raw meat? Can’t it be roasted?”
“It can, if you want.” A little fire descended on the meat and got it roasted. Henry picked up the nub of roasted meat instantly and began to feed on it in a way that had conspicuously revealed his esurience. A question crept up in his mind:
“This meat, where d’you get it from?” He put a chunk into his watery mouth.
“It’s part of my meal.”
“Here you go again, prevaricating. I’d only asked you where you got it from, not—”
“Where do you think? In this planet people die, just like it happens on earth too. You know citizens die here every five Gyrus calendar months and their carcasses no one cares for. What d’you think happens to those remains?”
“You feed on them? So, Mister Spider what you’re telling me is that you feed on those things, isn’t it?” Henry asked, horrified.
“Exactly,” said the spider and added, “Address me with Grandwala, any time.” Henry ignored its new instruction and said, “Gargantuan Spider, You’ve just made me a cannibal, isn’t it?”
“Well—if you say so,” said Grandwala, giggling. Henry was perspiring. He hung his head in disappointment. He was not able to continue feeding on the meat.”
“Get me out of here or kill me instantly,” Henry shouted at him, but Grandwala said, “I’ll go for the third option.”
“I’ve only given you two options.”
“Yes I know,” said Grandwala. “But in life, there’s always a third option and that option is ‘nothing’. I’ll do nothing to you.”
“Nothing!”
“Hear this, the earth is filled with nothing: no power in it. I read this from a book, Henry and that book had made me wiser. It’s the best of all books. The book said the earth was void and filled with darkness.”
Henry’s façade expressed boredom.
“I’ve got no time for fables,” he made known.
“It’s no fable. The universe is filled with nothing, no power, no light, no life—vanity.”
“What do you mean?” asked Henry impetuously and quickly said, “I’m sorry, I’m not asking a question” when he realized that he would not need to hear any further explanation, but Henry was late.
“Okay, you’ll understand it better now,” said Grandwala. “You went to the Power House, flung it open and saw something in it, isn’t it?”
“No, I saw nothing,” countered Henry. “It was empty.”
“Yeah, that’s exactly my point. You’ve just confirmed that the power of the universe is nothing. You felt you’ll see powers in it, but you saw nothing.”
Henry said, “So, where do I seek power, since according to you, the power of the universe is nothing?”
“Seek it in the Celestial Planet,” preached Grandwala. “Only few possesses this celestial power. That’s the only power that can conquer all other powers.”
“Then let me have this power, will you give it to me?” asked Henry quickly.
“I can’t give what I don’t have.”
“Then why disturb me about such a power which is not feasible?”
“It’s because of human destiny,” said the spider. “Human will live forever either in the fire or in the garden of the fruit.”
Henry was angered by Grandwala’s parables, which was baseless, according to Henry’s judgment.
“Enough of your riddles!” he yelled. “That book of yours—”
“Correction, it’s not my book,” corrected the Spider. “It’s the Book of Power. Every solution to every problem is in it.”
“So—” said Henry. “How can I get it?”
“You have a copy already,” said the Spider. Henry’s eyes widened in disbelief as he continuously paid attention to the Spider.
“Listen boy, in the book was written, I WRITE UNTO YOU YOUNG MEN BECAUSE YOU HAVE OVERCOME THE WICKED ONE.”
Henry was sick of the spider’s ambiguities. He blocked his ears with his index fingers and the action vexed the spider, which at that instance, had begun to dig a hole which he got into after making an end of its excavation. The hole closed back on it.[/b]
Re: Everybody Is A Genius: The Citizen Of Gyrus by Nobody: 9:57am On Sep 14, 2014

Happy sunday to you Sammyhoe
Re: Everybody Is A Genius: The Citizen Of Gyrus by Nobody: 10:00am On Sep 14, 2014

Happy sunday to you Sammyhoe.
Re: Everybody Is A Genius: The Citizen Of Gyrus by Cashio(m): 1:01pm On Sep 14, 2014
well after coming this far, i think it's time i commend ur work bro...gud one
Re: Everybody Is A Genius: The Citizen Of Gyrus by Nobody: 2:41pm On Sep 14, 2014
Happy Sunday to you too and everybody mentioned and also specially to Essydiamond n Yudeeaikay...you girls should come over
Re: Everybody Is A Genius: The Citizen Of Gyrus by Nobody: 2:54pm On Sep 14, 2014
Cashio: well after coming this far, i think it's time i commend ur work bro...gud one

Thank you so much
Re: Everybody Is A Genius: The Citizen Of Gyrus by Yudeeaikay(f): 3:44pm On Sep 14, 2014
ToriEmManson: Happy Sunday to you too and everybody mentioned and also specially to Essydiamond n Yudeeaikay...you girls should come over
ToriEmManson....m here o...but av nt started d story yet...after my paper 2moro..I will...thanks for the mention all d same...and nyc work here
Re: Everybody Is A Genius: The Citizen Of Gyrus by EMERIT2US(m): 6:19pm On Sep 14, 2014
very good,very very good bro
Re: Everybody Is A Genius: The Citizen Of Gyrus by bookj(f): 6:24pm On Sep 14, 2014
Update o!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Everybody Is A Genius: The Citizen Of Gyrus by Nobody: 6:29pm On Sep 14, 2014
Yudeeaikay: ToriEmManson....m here o...but av nt started d story yet...after my paper 2moro..I will...thanks for the mention all d same...and nyc work here

Wishing you success in your exams
Re: Everybody Is A Genius: The Citizen Of Gyrus by Yudeeaikay(f): 8:06pm On Sep 14, 2014
SammyHoe:

Wishing you success in your exams
thanks Dear
Re: Everybody Is A Genius: The Citizen Of Gyrus by Nobody: 1:26pm On Sep 16, 2014
I was here for some meals>>>>>>>>>>> cool cool cool
Re: Everybody Is A Genius: The Citizen Of Gyrus by Cashio(m): 2:27pm On Sep 16, 2014
bro sam where have been
Re: Everybody Is A Genius: The Citizen Of Gyrus by Tunrayo75(f): 11:37pm On Sep 16, 2014
Hi am motunrayo...am new here...keep up d gud work,more ink 2 ur pen.
Re: Everybody Is A Genius: The Citizen Of Gyrus by Nobody: 2:56pm On Sep 17, 2014
I just subscribed for Airtel #1500 two days back and they ended the 1+1 plan I subscribed for. Now I can't browse. So bear with me if you don't get regular update because I don't have cash to buy another plan at the moment. Thanks.
Re: Everybody Is A Genius: The Citizen Of Gyrus by Mimisboygreat: 4:39pm On Sep 17, 2014
Tunrayo75: Hi am motunrayo...am new here...keep up d gud work,more ink 2 ur pen.
u r welcom 2 EBIAG family dear. A family wia geniuses are made. I trust sammy 2 make u happy. Welcom
Re: Everybody Is A Genius: The Citizen Of Gyrus by Mimisboygreat: 4:42pm On Sep 17, 2014
SammyHoe: I just subscribed for Airtel #1500 two days back and they ended the 1+1 plan I subscribed for. Now I can't browse. So bear with me if you don't get regular update because I don't have cash to buy another plan at the moment. Thanks.
no wonder u haven't replied me.. Do fast and subscribe else **cocks my AK-47** U DNT NID 2 B TOLD WAT I can do.
Re: Everybody Is A Genius: The Citizen Of Gyrus by Justeenaleo(f): 8:29pm On Sep 21, 2014
Sammyhoe!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

The Saviour II : The Salvation Operations / What Is The Most Romantic Real Life Story You Know? / The Heart � Robber

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.