Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,629 members, 7,801,818 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:31 AM

Is This Type Of Fasting Acceptable? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is This Type Of Fasting Acceptable? (698 Views)

Is This Type Of Compensation Religiously Allowed? / The type of wedding ceremony most acceptable by GOD. / Photo Of A Ram With 5 Horns - Is It Acceptable For Sallah? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is This Type Of Fasting Acceptable? by seggexco(m): 6:54am On Aug 31, 2014
My brethen in the house, i want ur contributn towards this type of fasting and i wnt u to tel me if it is acceptable b4 God.

I knw many of us would av also experience sametn i am talking abt. I went 2 PG[Prayer Ground] yestaday, on getting there, a day fasting and prayer was declared.

It ws declared together wit sum rules. [1] It's beta 4 u nt to take it as a joke, if u av nt bin fastng b4 try as much as posible to do ds one 4rm 6-3pm, or to 12pm, jst make sure u r part of it.
[2] if u knw u dnt do it @all it's beta u dnt come so dt u wun't destroy our prayer.

Now here is the problem, i already determined to take it 6-3pm, bt along the way around 12:06pm.......i jst went out of the rum & meet a frnd eating groundnut, guy hwfa nah, make we chop groundnut. He gave it 2 me & i ate it. What! Sumtn jst rang in my brain, oh no! I jst rem i'm fasting. It ws so painful bt d did is done.
I with anger broke d fastng, nd neva went to the PG cos d rule is if u dnt do it @all it's beta u dnt cum so as nt to spoil our prayer. Although, i did it to 12pm bt since my intention ws taking it to 3pm, i am afraid to go cos i wuldn't wnt problm 4 myself.

This is whr i want u guys to cum in, if u ar fastng & u ate sumtn along the way unknowingly[nt intentionally] bt it hapen u broke it by eating due to the fact that u 4got or sumtn else. Is the fasting still acceptable cos sum wuld say since u did nt do it intentionally u cn continue. Wht's ur say dear NL.
Re: Is This Type Of Fasting Acceptable? by Nobody: 7:35am On Aug 31, 2014
See... Na u fool urself. In as much as u ate the groundnut unknowingly, u could very continued with ur fasting...

Fasting is done with the mind not the mouth.
Re: Is This Type Of Fasting Acceptable? by hushmail: 8:10am On Aug 31, 2014
when fasting b in fasting mode

nothing like bros how far or stuffs like dat

to me d fasting is over for u
Re: Is This Type Of Fasting Acceptable? by emmyskies(m): 3:41pm On Sep 02, 2014
Fasting means abstaining from food TOTALLY. So since you ate unknowingly, you have to end the fast the moment you ate. But as you haven't met your goal, you could fast another day, mostly individually
Re: Is This Type Of Fasting Acceptable? by Image123(m): 10:48pm On Sep 02, 2014
seggexco: My brethen in the house, i want ur contributn towards this type of fasting and i wnt u to tel me if it is acceptable b4 God.

I knw many of us would av also experience sametn i am talking abt. I went 2 PG[Prayer Ground] yestaday, on getting there, a day fasting and prayer was declared.

It ws declared together wit sum rules. [1] It's beta 4 u nt to take it as a joke, if u av nt bin fastng b4 try as much as posible to do ds one 4rm 6-3pm, or to 12pm, jst make sure u r part of it.
[2] if u knw u dnt do it @all it's beta u dnt come so dt u wun't destroy our prayer.

Now here is the problem, i already determined to take it 6-3pm, bt along the way around 12:06pm.......i jst went out of the rum & meet a frnd eating groundnut, guy hwfa nah, make we chop groundnut. He gave it 2 me & i ate it. What! Sumtn jst rang in my brain, oh no! I jst rem i'm fasting. It ws so painful bt d did is done.
I with anger broke d fastng, nd neva went to the PG cos d rule is if u dnt do it @all it's beta u dnt cum so as nt to spoil our prayer. Although, i did it to 12pm bt since my intention ws taking it to 3pm, i am afraid to go cos i wuldn't wnt problm 4 myself.

This is whr i want u guys to cum in, if u ar fastng & u ate sumtn along the way unknowingly[nt intentionally] bt it hapen u broke it by eating due to the fact that u 4got or sumtn else. Is the fasting still acceptable cos sum wuld say since u did nt do it intentionally u cn continue. Wht's ur say dear NL.

something is so foundationally wrong. There's nothing called destroying someone else prayer i think. Fasting is more than a religious routine.

(1) (Reply)

T.B. Joshua Links Building Collapse That Killed 17 to Strange Aircraft / Open Heaven Daily Devotional / How Do Men Of God Make Their Money

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.