Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,399 members, 7,781,152 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 09:53 AM

Jealousy In A Relationship: To Be Admired Or A Sign Of Weakness??? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Jealousy In A Relationship: To Be Admired Or A Sign Of Weakness??? (2072 Views)

Who Has Solution To This Type Of Weakness / Is Jealousy A Sign Of Love? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jealousy In A Relationship: To Be Admired Or A Sign Of Weakness??? by Mzflexydeeva(f): 8:00am On Aug 31, 2014
Would you be with some1 who is jealous or some1 who bottles all the emotions
Do not confuse being jealous with obsession or being possessive.
Re: Jealousy In A Relationship: To Be Admired Or A Sign Of Weakness??? by Nobody: 8:03am On Aug 31, 2014
It is a sign of weakness, emptyness.
Re: Jealousy In A Relationship: To Be Admired Or A Sign Of Weakness??? by uboma(m): 8:16am On Aug 31, 2014
Jealousy in a relationship is healthy but when such jealousy is to the extreme it can be counter productive.
Re: Jealousy In A Relationship: To Be Admired Or A Sign Of Weakness??? by jideomowunmi(f): 8:37am On Aug 31, 2014
Too much of everything is bad...it's good to be jealous buh too much of it can be disastrous... cool cool
Re: Jealousy In A Relationship: To Be Admired Or A Sign Of Weakness??? by Mzflexydeeva(f): 10:44am On Aug 31, 2014
Explain that. I don't agree....for me some level of jealousy is healthy in a relationship.
Vessi: It is a sign of weakness, emptyness.
Re: Jealousy In A Relationship: To Be Admired Or A Sign Of Weakness??? by Mzflexydeeva(f): 10:44am On Aug 31, 2014
True
jideomowunmi: Too much of everything is bad...it's good to be jealous buh too much of it can be disastrous... cool cool
So on point
uboma: Jealousy in a relationship is healthy but when such jealousy is to the extreme it can be counter productive.
Re: Jealousy In A Relationship: To Be Admired Or A Sign Of Weakness??? by djeezy(m): 10:48am On Aug 31, 2014
It's normal to be jealous.....Even God gets jealous. It's an emotion, it makes you human. Learning how to control it and exhibiting little in appropriate cases is not a display of weakness.

3 Likes

Re: Jealousy In A Relationship: To Be Admired Or A Sign Of Weakness??? by Nobody: 10:49am On Aug 31, 2014
Mzflexydeeva: Explain that. I don't agree....for me some level of jealousy is healthy in a relationship.
Like you said, for you. Everybody mustn't be same.
To me it's unhealthy, when one gets jealous in a relationship he tends to show it out. It could turn the partner off.

The little jealousy you talk of, grow and could someday become a 9-tail kyubi. It could be destructive and cause harm and damage.
Small jealousy has grown to become so big and cause mayhem through-out history.
Re: Jealousy In A Relationship: To Be Admired Or A Sign Of Weakness??? by Nobody: 10:52am On Aug 31, 2014
Jealousy in a relationship is cute....bt wen u start breaking bottle on pple's head wen u c dem wif ur bf den datz obsession.

1 Like

Re: Jealousy In A Relationship: To Be Admired Or A Sign Of Weakness??? by mzchinny(f): 10:55am On Aug 31, 2014
@djeezy, i concur with you. Jealousy is healthy. ....A lil of it tho. It's also a way to know whether someone loves you or not. Can't afford to be with a robot with no emotions.
Re: Jealousy In A Relationship: To Be Admired Or A Sign Of Weakness??? by Nobody: 10:56am On Aug 31, 2014
Vessi:
To me it's unhealthy, when one gets jealous in a relationship he tends to show it out. It could turn the partner off.

The little jealousy you talk of, grow and could someday become a 9-tail kyubi. It could be destructive and cause harm and damage.
wen jealousy starts to grow,one sud av control ova it and perphaps d more u feel insecure d jealousy level will grow...in orda words,itz has do wif d way ur partner makes u feel.
Re: Jealousy In A Relationship: To Be Admired Or A Sign Of Weakness??? by Nobody: 10:58am On Aug 31, 2014
Harbosede02: wen jealousy starts to grow,one sud av control ova it and perphaps d more u feel insecure d jealousy level will grow...in orda words,itz has do wif d way ur partner makes u feel.
Yeah true. And when that partner starts making me jealous, I'll find out why. If it is a test. I will be fully angered. If she wanted me to get jealous and cherish her more, I will, or tell her I'm uninterested in the relationship if love has faded. If she was just cheating, unknownst of my awareness, then it's game over.
Re: Jealousy In A Relationship: To Be Admired Or A Sign Of Weakness??? by Nobody: 11:47am On Aug 31, 2014
...A little jealousy is needed....It should be a moderate amount....

...We express the level of our love somtimes through jealousy...

...Bottling our emotions sometimes wont bring a positiive result...we should express it but not too much....

...I love it when a guy s jealous....shows he loves me and doesnt want to share me with any guy...
Re: Jealousy In A Relationship: To Be Admired Or A Sign Of Weakness??? by 100Cents: 12:07pm On Aug 31, 2014
Mzflexydeeva: Explain that. I don't agree....for me some level of jealousy is healthy in a relationship.

The Bible even says God is a jealous God.

Jealousy is good when under control. If a partner isn't jealous, then there is no bonding in the relationship...

It shows the partner doesn't care..
Re: Jealousy In A Relationship: To Be Admired Or A Sign Of Weakness??? by Nobody: 12:09pm On Aug 31, 2014
I never feel jealous OP, I just believe nobody can beat me at my game. I always find new ways to keep my partner hooked, so instead of wasting time worrying about a fellow male, I spend my time on other things.

I hope this my no big deal attitude doesn't get me in trouble, however, does this make me uncarrying?
Re: Jealousy In A Relationship: To Be Admired Or A Sign Of Weakness??? by Mzflexydeeva(f): 1:07pm On Aug 31, 2014
It sure is cute......yea obsession is something else
Harbosede02: Jealousy in a relationship is cute....bt wen u start breaking bottle on pple's head wen u c dem wif ur bf den datz obsession.
Re: Jealousy In A Relationship: To Be Admired Or A Sign Of Weakness??? by Mzflexydeeva(f): 1:09pm On Aug 31, 2014
Should I call it over confidence Well u know urself best and d only thing I can say is do it all in moderation. For me getting jealous isn't a sign of fear or weakness. To a large extent it gives ur partner a sense of importance.
Three7Ty9: I never feel jealous OP, I just believe nobody can beat me at my game. I always find new ways to keep my partner hooked, so instead of wasting time worrying about a fellow male, I spend my time on other things.

I hope this my no big deal attitude doesn't get me in trouble, however, does this make me uncarrying?
Re: Jealousy In A Relationship: To Be Admired Or A Sign Of Weakness??? by Mzflexydeeva(f): 1:10pm On Aug 31, 2014
100Cents:

The Bible even says God is a jealous God.

Jealousy is good when under control. If a partner isn't jealous, then there is no bonding in the relationship...

It shows the partner doesn't care..
GBAM! 3stars bro. It just goes to show ur level of care
Re: Jealousy In A Relationship: To Be Admired Or A Sign Of Weakness??? by Mzflexydeeva(f): 1:10pm On Aug 31, 2014
temigracie: ...A little jealousy is needed....It should be a moderate amount....

...We express the level of our love somtimes through jealousy...

...Bottling our emotions sometimes wont bring a positiive result...we should express it but not too much....

...I love it when a guy s jealous....shows he loves me and doesnt want to share me with any guy...
I dey feel u girl

1 Like

Re: Jealousy In A Relationship: To Be Admired Or A Sign Of Weakness??? by Mzflexydeeva(f): 1:11pm On Aug 31, 2014
djeezy: It's normal to be jealous.....Even God gets jealous. It's an emotion, it makes you human. Learning how to control it and exhibiting little in appropriate cases is not a display of weakness.
true grin
Re: Jealousy In A Relationship: To Be Admired Or A Sign Of Weakness??? by Mzflexydeeva(f): 1:12pm On Aug 31, 2014
Vessi:

true! We can't all be the same
Re: Jealousy In A Relationship: To Be Admired Or A Sign Of Weakness??? by Nobody: 1:21pm On Aug 31, 2014
Mzflexydeeva: Should I call it over confidence Well u know urself best and d only thing I can say is do it all in moderation. For me getting jealous isn't a sign of fear or weakness. To a large extent it gives ur partner a sense of importance.

Now, do I have to pretend to be jealous? Nahhh, I prefer not to....
Re: Jealousy In A Relationship: To Be Admired Or A Sign Of Weakness??? by Mzflexydeeva(f): 2:53pm On Aug 31, 2014
Okay
Three7Ty9:

Now, do I have to pretend to be jealous? Nahhh, I prefer not to....
Re: Jealousy In A Relationship: To Be Admired Or A Sign Of Weakness??? by richardnuga(m): 9:57pm On Aug 31, 2014
Hmmm........ Its normal to jealous but u just have to do it carefully ni oo...... If tins might fall apart
Re: Jealousy In A Relationship: To Be Admired Or A Sign Of Weakness??? by Nobody: 11:03pm On Aug 31, 2014
any girl that wants to be jealous around me would surely die of hypertension and trust me, ladies don't bottle their emotions around me, yeah, am that kind of guy
Re: Jealousy In A Relationship: To Be Admired Or A Sign Of Weakness??? by Mzflexydeeva(f): 4:07am On Sep 01, 2014
O yea! Explain...
uche16: any girl that wants to be jealous around me would surely die of hypertension and trust me, ladies don't bottle their emotions around me, yeah, am that kind of guy
Re: Jealousy In A Relationship: To Be Admired Or A Sign Of Weakness??? by Rival(m): 8:46am On Sep 01, 2014
Mzflexydeeva: Would you be with some1 who is jealous or some1 who bottles all the emotions
Do not confuse being jealous with obsession or being possessive.

Show me that you're jealous-- in a mature way!
Re: Jealousy In A Relationship: To Be Admired Or A Sign Of Weakness??? by jennylove7575(f): 8:58am On Sep 01, 2014
Jealousy is associated with love. The only thing that ain't cool is obsession.. When u love someone you are bound to be jealous particularly in the area relating to the opposite sex. But its good to watch it though, because there is a thin line between jealousy and obsession.. smiley
Re: Jealousy In A Relationship: To Be Admired Or A Sign Of Weakness??? by Mzflexydeeva(f): 11:16am On Sep 01, 2014
Rival:

Show me that you're jealous-- in a mature way!
maturity, age, love, jealousy, confidence.......what do they all have in common?
Re: Jealousy In A Relationship: To Be Admired Or A Sign Of Weakness??? by Mzflexydeeva(f): 11:17am On Sep 01, 2014
jennylove7575: Jealousy is associated with love. The only thing that ain't cool is obsession.. When u love someone you are bound to be jealous particularly in the area relating to the opposite sex. But its good to watch it though, because there is a thin line between jealousy and obsession.. smiley
well said

(1) (2) (Reply)

Do You Think It Will Work / Should We Do It Or Wait After Marriage? (confused) / Bride Ditches Groom And Marries Wedding Guest

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.