Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,435 members, 7,801,012 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 09:56 AM

My Thought As A Free Thinker - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / My Thought As A Free Thinker (977 Views)

What Is Being A "Free Thinker?" / Religion Section Needs An Intelligent & Abstracted Atheist/free Thinker! / I'm A Free Thinker: Does That Mean I Won't Go To Heaven? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Thought As A Free Thinker by Nobody: 8:29am On Aug 31, 2014
The Earth Is 4.5billion y/o..There are 7billion people livinq in it,How can only 66 chapters of one book govern these 7billion people to make them conform & internalize without no form of division? My Point---Religion is worthless since it brings about DIVISION.

1 Like

Re: My Thought As A Free Thinker by yungEX(m): 9:15am On Aug 31, 2014
so? Mr free thinker think ur thing dey go. no come post shiii for ere
Re: My Thought As A Free Thinker by Nobody: 10:29am On Aug 31, 2014
my own thought abt d earth bing 4.5 billion years, d bible rili don't say hw old d earth is but, it still correspond wit dat theory, wen d spirit of God came down it was hovering over the face of the water (gen1 :2) which means d water as bn existing b4 God start his work of creation. in short the planet earth has bn existing b4 God choose to do his work inside. God has created all planets billion years ago. just my thought sa.
Re: My Thought As A Free Thinker by Nobody: 11:32am On Aug 31, 2014
manuell1021: my own thought abt d earth bing 4.5 billion years, d bible rili don't say hw old d earth is but, it still correspond wit dat theory, wen d spirit of God came down it was hovering over the face of the water (gen1 :2) which means d water as bn existing b4 God start his work of creation. in short the planet earth has bn existing b4 God choose to do his work inside. God has created all planets billion years ago. just my thought sa.
Sorry bro,but the bible says God created heaven and earth and you just told me earth has been into existence before God came,that's contradicting secondly who created God or how did he evolve to suddenly start creatinq people my type

1 Like

Re: My Thought As A Free Thinker by dorox(m): 12:14pm On Aug 31, 2014
aaronson: Sorry bro,but the bible says God created heaven and earth and you just told me earth has been into existence before God came,that's contradicting secondly who created God or how did he evolve to suddenly start creatinq people my type
In Genesis 1:1-3 the bible started with God having created the heaven and the earth in the very beginning. Verse 2 talked about the condition of the earth after it was created; it was a dark planet covered with water. And verse three onwards was about the terraforming of the earth into a habitable planet.
Re: My Thought As A Free Thinker by Nobody: 12:27pm On Aug 31, 2014
I think the creator and god(or gods" are not one and the same.

1 Like

Re: My Thought As A Free Thinker by Nobody: 12:32pm On Aug 31, 2014
dorox:
In Genesis 1:1-3 the bible started with God having created the heaven and the earth in the very beginning. Verse 2 talked about the condition of the earth after it was created; it was a dark planet covered with water. And verse three onwards was about the terraforming of the earth into a habitable planet.
You just simply re quoted making the bible a reference point or do I say defense mechanism of which you contradicting because initially you stated the earth was somewhat created before God took control.

1 Like

Re: My Thought As A Free Thinker by Nobody: 12:38pm On Aug 31, 2014
aaronson: Sorry bro,but the bible says God created heaven and earth and you just told me earth has been into existence before God came,that's contradicting secondly who created God or how did he evolve to suddenly start creatinq people my type
But I did Nt say God isn't d one dat created heaven nd earth, "heaven nd earth"dos dat mean to u? U knw wat? I always believe in sumtin, there re tins u can never explain. if u believe dat dere is no God den who created heaven nd earth?, who created the planet earth? who created u? hw can ordinary element come together nd form different things wit different shapes? do u want to refer to big bang theory? I tell u dats just ordinary assumption. if dere is no God u hv noting to lose nd d believers hv noting to lose as well, but if eventually there is God u hv everything to lose nd believers hv ntin to lose.
Re: My Thought As A Free Thinker by Nobody: 12:40pm On Aug 31, 2014
kolawaxxy: I think the creator and god(or gods" are not one and the same.
Meaning there are many gods aside one God

1 Like

Re: My Thought As A Free Thinker by dorox(m): 12:45pm On Aug 31, 2014
aaronson: You just simply re quoted making the bible a reference point or do I say defense mechanism of which you contradicting because initially you stated the earth was somewhat created before God took control.
Here is the bible verse.
1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.+
2 Now the earth was formless and desolate,* and there was darkness upon the surface of the watery deep,*+ and God’s active force*+ was moving about over the surface of the waters.+
3 And God said: “Let there be light.” Then there was light.+
Verse one was the creation of the universe including the earth.
Verse two made us to know that the earth was desolate just like Mars or one of the moons of Jupiter and that it wasn't fit for life.
And verse three onwards was about the terraforming of the earth.
Re: My Thought As A Free Thinker by Nobody: 12:46pm On Aug 31, 2014
manuell1021: But I did Nt say God isn't d one dat created heaven nd earth, "heaven nd earth"dos dat mean to u? U knw wat? I always believe in sumtin, there re tins u can never explain. if u believe dat dere is no God den who created heaven nd earth?, who created the planet earth? who created u? hw can ordinary element come together nd form different things wit different shapes? do u want to refer to big bang theory? I tell u dats just ordinary assumption. if dere is no God u hv noting to lose nd d believers hv noting to lose as well, but if eventually there is God u hv everything to lose nd believers hv ntin to lose.
I'm glad you just sounded like somebody who reasons and reason well because you had to come up with questions that ought to be asked on daily basis to get to know why your believe or rather why God is forced down your throat like every other Christians out there another thing,do you also find that jesus image/picture divine?

1 Like

Re: My Thought As A Free Thinker by Nobody: 12:47pm On Aug 31, 2014
aaronson: Meaning there are many gods aside one God

I'm not sure. That was why I said "or"
Re: My Thought As A Free Thinker by Nobody: 12:51pm On Aug 31, 2014
dorox:
Here is the bible verse.

Verse one was the creation of the universe including the earth.
Verse two made us to know that the earth was desolate just like Mars or one of the moons of Jupiter and that it wasn't fit for life.
And verse three onwards was about the terraforming of the earth.
Did you ever bother to ask or inquire from that same bible on how God himself evolved because if the bible cannot give an account about that then you are meant to believe whatever that is written and whatever that was written was written by MAN

1 Like

Re: My Thought As A Free Thinker by Nobody: 12:52pm On Aug 31, 2014
kolawaxxy:

I'm not sure. That was why I said "or"
Thanks for confusing me the more bro,Appreciated!!!
Re: My Thought As A Free Thinker by Nobody: 1:02pm On Aug 31, 2014
aaronson: I'm glad you just sounded like somebody who reasons and reason well because you had to come up with questions that ought to be asked on daily basis to get to know why your believe or rather why God is forced down your throat like every other Christians out there another thing,do you also find that jesus image/picture divine?
one tin is, God himself don't force pple to worship him, but he will always show u y u shld worship him but Nt forcing u, God did nt create cars but he created brains dat will create cars, God created pple to research is works so dat dey can return d glory to him but unfortunately, dey take d glory 4 themselves. nd 4 d image or picture of jesus, i neva believe dey divine, nt once, it was stated clearly somewhere in d bible dat nobody shld make image of d saints. but I believe dat I can c him if I kip d commandments, cos he says I will manifest myself unto who kip my commandments.
Re: My Thought As A Free Thinker by Nobody: 1:15pm On Aug 31, 2014
manuell1021: one tin is, God himself don't force pple to worship him, but he will always show u y u shld worship him but Nt forcing u, God did nt create cars but he created brains dat will create cars, God created pple to research is works so dat dey can return d glory to him but unfortunately, dey take d glory 4 themselves. nd 4 d image or picture of jesus, i neva believe dey divine, nt once, it was stated clearly somewhere in d bible dat nobody shld make image of d saints. but I believe dat I can c him if I kip d commandments, cos he says I will manifest myself unto who kip my commandments.
Another contradiction,you said God doesn't force people to worship him but he did in the 10 commandment where he said,Thou shall not worship other god but him,secondly,Let's assume God created heaven and earth right,meaning all things comes from him invariably since God created all thing he created EVIL too or he gave man the brain to think negative like you rightly dissected in the case of car making.

1 Like

Re: My Thought As A Free Thinker by Nobody: 1:26pm On Aug 31, 2014
aaronson: Another contradiction,you said God doesn't force people to worship him but he did in the 10 commandment where he said,Thou shall not worship other god but him,secondly,Let's assume God created heaven and earth right,meaning all things comes from him invariably since God created all thing he created EVIL too or he gave man the brain to think negative like you rightly dissected in the case of car making.
dere is no contradictions, dos re 4 dos who belive him l, if u don't u can worship anoda god, d law in Ghana dos Nt hv anytin to do wit u in Nigeria unless u re in Ghana. do u knw wat we call free will? dats it, out of love nd mercy he gave us free will to do way u like, to choose between evil nd good do u c y he dos nt force pple to worship him? God is Nt interested in creating robot, u hv d ability to choose.
Re: My Thought As A Free Thinker by Nobody: 1:36pm On Aug 31, 2014
manuell1021: dere is contradiction, dos re 4 dos who belive him l, if u don't u can worship anoda god, d law in Ghana dos Nt hv anytin to do wit u in Nigeria unless u re in Ghana. do u knw wat we call free will? dats it, out of love nd mercy he gave us free will to do way u like, to choose between evil nd good do u c y he dos nt force pple to worship him? God is Nt interested in creating robot, u hv d ability to choose.
if you admit that there is contradictions,why must there be contradiction to a book of that caliber,a book which almost all christians consider to be perfect and tells you all about walking in the path of righteousness,why must the holy book be two edged And what if I told you the bible is really the compilation of historical events and not necessarily divinely written.

1 Like

Re: My Thought As A Free Thinker by Nobody: 1:48pm On Aug 31, 2014
aaronson: if you admit that there is contradictions,why must there be contradiction to a book of that caliber,a book which almost all christians consider to be perfect and tells you all about walking in the path of righteousness,why must the holy book be two edged And what if I told you the bible is really the compilation of historical events and not necessarily divinely written.
I did Nt say dere is contradiction, it was an error, i lata modified it, 4 d contradictions, if deres any contradiction at all, the question is, re dey passing d message across( d gospel)? d prophecies inside, re dey comin to past? most of my post since, probably u found my english bad, but d message am passing still surface, u understand wat am tryin to say. it is historical book also, hv u ever thought to urself, if d new testaments was Givin to u, won't u question it? won't u ask who dis God is? won't u flush it down d toilet? but it shows who God was nd who God is.
Re: My Thought As A Free Thinker by dorox(m): 2:10pm On Aug 31, 2014
aaronson: Did you ever bother to ask or inquire from that same bible on how God himself evolved because if the bible cannot give an account about that then you are meant to believe whatever that is written and whatever that was written was written by MAN
I don't get what you meant by how God evolved, could you rephrase your question please?
Re: My Thought As A Free Thinker by Nobody: 4:07pm On Aug 31, 2014
manuell1021: I did Nt say dere is contradiction, it was an error, i lata modified it, 4 d contradictions, if deres any contradiction at all, the question is, re dey passing d message across( d gospel)? d prophecies inside, re dey comin to past? most of my post since, probably u found my english bad, but d message am passing still surface, u understand wat am tryin to say. it is historical book also, hv u ever thought to urself, if d new testaments was Givin to u, won't u question it? won't u ask who dis God is? won't u flush it down d toilet? but it shows who God was nd who God is.
Take this my learned friend,all along have closely followed you in your myopic view about creation,divinity and God but you seem mixing the whole thing up and giving me reason to continue to think that christians are the most confused and easily brain washed people religiously,the reson oyedepo was banned from the uk was because he raked in close to 4billion off innocent people talking then to charity and prosperity,a special team was set up to investigate this act until they got facts and figures and so banned the richest pastor in africa from their country and closed down his church over there but guess what,that same format for which he was locked out the UK is still the same format he's still using to milk out religious vulnerable nigerians like you and the government isn't doing nothing about it (*sobs) instead they go ahead and use those pastors as instrument for their political ambitions,wake up bro,If God really want me to worship him in a pretty spots like these big churches around then I think I should be living in a glass house before going to a posh church.....like I said earlier christianity is not what you perceive it to be,christianity was brought about ancient politicians,it was done to instill fear in man so man can be governed and control by simple law BECAUSE mind of human is wild in though,why do you think people kill other people to get paid its because man heart is naturally wild to do the unthinkable, so how did they do it,they brought about God and religion and on the other hand there are basic supernatural powers like WATER,FIRE,ATMOSPHERE(air) and MAN and only Man can control the rest that's why you can see man perform magic and other supernatural things because man himself is dangerous,let me stop that about man and continue about religion,so religion was brought about to curb man excesses and it came to nigerian through henry townsend during pre colonianism,the white so smart that they came with a gun and a bible,they killed my people,maltreated them and exploit our resources and same time brought henry townsend to preach to us not to fight back and take our worries to God while they continue malhandling and maltreating our fore fathers,c'mon this is too hard to bear,till date the white doesn't believe and practice religion as much as black people because they know the truth,I still got a lot to write but I just wanna sit back let you go think about these I already wrote, I mean a lot is still in head because I study everyday to have come thus far and its still work in progress.
Re: My Thought As A Free Thinker by Nobody: 4:49pm On Aug 31, 2014
aaronson: Take this my learned friend,all along have closely followed you in your myopic view about creation,divinity and God but you seem mixing the whole thing up and giving me reason to continue to think that christians are the most confused and easily brain washed people religiously,the reson oyedepo was banned from the uk was because he raked in close to 4billion off innocent people talking then to charity and prosperity,a special team was set up to investigate this act until they got facts and figures and so banned the richest pastor in africa from their country and closed down his church over there but guess what,that same format for which he was locked out the UK is still the same format he's still using to milk out religious vulnerable nigerians like you and the government isn't doing nothing about it (*sobs) instead they go ahead and use those pastors as instrument for their political ambitions,wake up bro,If God really want me to worship him in a pretty spots like these big churches around then I think I should be living in a glass house before going to a posh church.....like I said earlier christianity is not what you perceive it to be,christianity was brought about ancient politicians,it was done to instill fear in man so man can be governed and control by simple law BECAUSE mind of human is wild in though,why do you think people kill other people to get paid its because man heart is naturally wild to do the unthinkable, so how did they do it,they brought about God and religion and on the other hand there are basic supernatural powers like WATER,FIRE,ATMOSPHERE(air) and MAN and only Man can control the rest that's why you can see man perform magic and other supernatural things because man himself is dangerous,let me stop that about man and continue about religion,so religion was brought about to curb man excesses and it came to nigerian through henry townsend during pre colonianism,the white so smart that they came with a gun and a bible,they killed my people,maltreated them and exploit our resources and same time brought henry townsend to preach to us not to fight back and take our worries to God while they continue malhandling and maltreating our fore fathers,c'mon this is too hard to bear,till date the white doesn't believe and practice religion as much as black people because they know the truth,I still got a lot to write but I just wanna sit back let you go think about these I already wrote, I mean a lot is still in head because I study everyday to have come thus far and its still work in progress.
work in progress indeed, well u hv convinced urself, no need of convincing u again, so u believe in supernatural tins like magic? so hw did dey get d power? do u knw u re actually correct by saying man's heart is wild? let me tell u sumtin, y do u believe in pple's write up? hw re u sure dat dos write ups re accurate nd correct? christianity is Nt a religion, but men turn it to wat is it today, it just a way of life. dat I y I don't blame u for nt believing in God, Becos all dis pastors re one of the reasons y pple don't believe in God again. pls kindly answer dis question, who created u? like u rytly said, man's heart is wild so I don't hv to believe wat dey say. so provide answer according to ur heart, no write up pls
Re: My Thought As A Free Thinker by alizenbohr: 5:47pm On Aug 31, 2014
aaronson: The Earth Is 4.5billion y/o..There are 7billion people livinq in it,How can only 66 chapters of one book govern these 7billion people to make them conform & internalize without no form of division? My Point---Religion is worthless since it brings about DIVISION.

Yeah right, religion is worthless. But if I may ask, do you know the meaning of Aaron (if that is your real name) & how it came about?

If you can bear a name (user name) having religious connotation without questioning it, how come you now question the same religion that provides the origin of that name?

Free-thinker indeed!
Re: My Thought As A Free Thinker by Nobody: 6:20pm On Aug 31, 2014
manuell1021: work in progress indeed, well u hv convinced urself, no need of convincing u again, so u believe in supernatural tins like magic? so hw did dey get d power? do u knw u re actually correct by saying man's heart is wild? let me tell u sumtin, y do u believe in pple's write up? hw re u sure dat dos write ups re accurate nd correct? christianity is Nt a religion, but men turn it to wat is it today, it just a way of life. dat I y I don't blame u for nt believing in God, Becos all dis pastors re one of the reasons y pple don't believe in God again. pls kindly answer dis question, who created u? like u rytly said, man's heart is wild so I don't hv to believe wat dey say. so provide answer according to ur heart, no write up pls
Here's the answer to your question,Nobody created me in form of a finished product,I was born out of sperm and egg ovary from my parents,started off as a zygote and ended up with a placenta so here I am today in the world doing what I does and trying to outdo my last done and you made mention of me believing peoples write up,right...so you mean to tell me it was God himself who wrote the bible for you to believe in it lol that's bizarre because the bible was written by farmers,physicians,ancient philosophers,persecutors(saul),shepard,fishermen,kings and some part kind of edited by modern england king james when he had problems with the catholics,As regard magic and sorcery,do you know there are modern schools you go to in the western world where magic is taught and mastered Well well well,seek the truth,the truth hurts!!!!!!
Re: My Thought As A Free Thinker by Nobody: 6:31pm On Aug 31, 2014
alizenbohr:

Yeah right, religion is worthless. But if I may ask, do you know the meaning of Aaron (if that is your real name) & how it came about?

If you can bear a name (user name) having religious connotation without questioning it, how come you now question the same religion that provides the origin of that name?

Free-thinker indeed!
first off,if names were to be of big deal in this phenomenon it would have been comprehensively related to but since its not,you opinion is invalid and obsolete!!!
Re: My Thought As A Free Thinker by Nobody: 6:45pm On Aug 31, 2014
aaronson: Here's the answer to your question,Nobody created me in form of a finished product,I was born out of sperm and egg ovary from my parents,started off as a zygote and ended up with a placenta so here I am today in the world doing what I does and trying to outdo my last done and you made mention of me believing peoples write up,right...so you mean to tell me it was God himself who wrote the bible for you to believe in it lol that's bizarre because the bible was written by farmers,physicians,ancient philosophers,persecutors(saul),shepard,fishermen,kings and some part kind of edited by modern england king james when he had problems with the catholics,As regard magic and sorcery,do you know there are modern schools you go to in the western world where magic is taught and mastered Well well well,seek the truth,the truth hurts!!!!!!
so frm ur post, u were formed out of sperm, which means it has bn lyk dis frm one generation to anoda generation, nw my nxt question Is,hw did human race come into existence? The bike was written by pple inspired by God. Hv u ever ask hw d prophecies re accurate? No Mata d form of bible u read d messages re all d same. Can u tell d future accurately? If no, y?
Re: My Thought As A Free Thinker by davien(m): 9:53pm On Aug 31, 2014
Here's a free thought....theists tell me always that life on earth is specialized to be coherent with certain conditions.....i pose a simple question....how is it that an alleged omnipotent being is bound to make life 'specialized' to 'conditions'....omnipotence hints ultimate creative freedom....not 'specialized conditions'....an omand it wouldnt be a conditioned object.....anything conditioned posits limitations...so theists what were " gods' " limitations for making life conditional

(1) (Reply)

Meaning Of Flesh And Spirit In The New Testament / Dr. Sign Fireman Preaching At LAFAYETTE, LOUISANA, Pastor Sidney Morales Interpr / "When Christians Say, "Don't Judge".

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.