Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,254 members, 7,807,872 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:13 PM

The Boko Haram Threat. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Boko Haram Threat. (1652 Views)

Aftermath Of The Boko Haram Terror In Borno Yesterday (Graphic Pictures) / Pics Of The Boko Haram Members Killed Today & The Foreign Currency Recovered / Troops Capture Gwoza Destroying The Headquarters Of The Boko Haram This Morning (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Boko Haram Threat. by bolaino(m): 8:52am On Aug 31, 2014
Little Drops of water, could make a Mighty ocean, Like Play Like play, fowl go born Goat, There is an obvious danger ahead of this country in the guise of the islamic terror sect Boko haram, this threat is inherent, and if proper actions are not taken to curb the excesses of this threat then we would be creating a problem with no solution, I pity Nigerians myself included, Nigerians do not know the problems they are creating by allowing this vicious sect gain ground everyday, and instead of the Government to tackle this obvious problem they hide behind the lie that the military is under funded, my Fellow Nigerians, boko haram's reach is growing by the day, do not be deceived, do not fool yourselves into thinking that one day the Group will surrender and negotiate, these mujahids have one Goal, to islamize the whole of Nigeria by force, they are being trained by Al shabab fighters, and they are been funded by ignorant and evil Nigerians, with the aid of a western Country, live in denial all you want, and think that God loves Nigeria so much to allow the country disintegrate, ( jerusalem the holy city of God, was burnt to the Ground by muslim invaders hundreds of years ago, if they could burn down jerusalem, your guess is as Good as mine) keep day dreaming and hope that the same people who are sponsoring this evil will come out with the solution, but know one thing, we have allowed ant infested firewood into our homes, so we should not complain about the lizards and maggots paying us visits, the Nigerian army is running away from boko haram that has very little combat experience, what will the Nigerian army do when some of the ruthless jihadists in North Africa start trooping into Nigeria? Smh, The nature of the Threat is that Boko haram is growing and there are speculations in the intelligence community that the Islamic state formerly known as ISIS, is planning on smuggling weapons and military hardware to Africa, to help spread the Terror campaign of the Islamic Caliphate. Wake up Nigerians, Wake up before it's too late, Say No to Corruption, The military is failing in it's duty because it has become corrupt, Corruption is our biggest enemy, Boko haram is ambushing men of the armed forces because some corrupt ones are selling the Good ones out, and the rest are scared to die for nothing, let us say no to corruption. The Boko haram threat is real, let us join hands together to fight against terrorism and let us provide our military with reliable information on how to track and dismantle boko haram cells. Boko haram is all about the funding I keep telling you. Cut off the funds you kill the beast. Long Live The Federal Republic Of Nigeria.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Boko Haram Threat. by idupaul: 9:02am On Aug 31, 2014
I don't see the see the Army ever defeatin Bokoharam again not after the have captured 3 large towns , which means the have access to male occupants of those cities which the forcefully conscript to become fighters .. The War has been lost when we could have won it the incompetent Jonathan and his cowardly Army let it grow

3 Likes

Re: The Boko Haram Threat. by saintkash(m): 9:19am On Aug 31, 2014
saying the army is failing in it duty simply means u r not been fair to d army, urself or to Nigerians. I think it will be more clear if u say d Nigeria government or precisely GEJ has failed/failing in dis hard time.... my own opinion oo

1 Like

Re: The Boko Haram Threat. by bolaino(m): 9:21am On Aug 31, 2014
idupaul: I don't see the see the Army ever defeatin Bokoharam again not after the have captured 3 large towns , which means the have access to male occupants of those cities which the forcefully conscript to become fighters .. The War has been lost when we could have won it the incompetent Jonathan and his cowardly Army let it grow
it's a pathetic situation and even more terrible than you could ever imagine, if the Nigerian army manages to destroy the Group to an extent, the group will make a Global call for all jihadists in the world to come to Nigeria to their aid, and I assure you, you wouldn't want cut throat mujahids to come to Nigeria, those guys are hurricane of destruction. Terrible I tell you.

1 Like

Re: The Boko Haram Threat. by bolaino(m): 9:38am On Aug 31, 2014
saintkash: saying the army is failing in it duty simply means u r not been fair to d army, urself or to Nigerians. I think it will be more clear if u say d Nigeria government or precisely GEJ has failed/failing in dis hard time.... my own opinion oo
the president has his short comings yes, but do you expect the president to carry an Ak 47 rifle and go to bornu to fight? The president has declared martial law in the 3 most affected states, it is left for the Army to enforce the martial law, we have seen videos of military men fleeing in combat, for reasons best known to them, I wish the military victory in it's ongoing campaign, but it seems the military men are scared, the reason a soldier would run from something is because he is scared of dying, and why would you be a soldier and be scared of dying? It shows lack of patriotism. Simply put the military is having Insurrection problems, and I believe we might see more soldiers running from the battle field in the future, if the military can not fight boko haram, it should contract it to Private Military Contractors, we can provide such services. And they won't have to lose face, because right now the military is losing face, but we can help correct this.

1 Like

Re: The Boko Haram Threat. by Ediskcab(m): 10:52am On Aug 31, 2014
bolaino: the president has his short comings yes, but do you expect the president to carry an Ak 47 rifle and go to bornu to fight? The president has declared martial law in the 3 most affected states, it is left for the Army to enforce the martial law, we have seen videos of military men fleeing in combat, for reasons best known to them, I wish the military victory in it's ongoing campaign, but it seems the military men are scared, the reason a soldier would run from something is because he is scared of dying, and why would you be a soldier and be scared of dying? It shows lack of patriotism. Simply put the military is having Insurrection problems, and I believe we might see more soldiers running from the battle field in the future, if the military can not fight boko haram, it should contract it to Private Military Contractors, we can provide such services. And they won't have to lose face, because right now the military is losing face, but we can help correct this.
D logic behind your argument is like trying to absolve a coach of d failure of his team. Gej is d commander in chief if the armed forces of Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: The Boko Haram Threat. by nuclearboy(m): 12:19pm On Aug 31, 2014
I thought Idupaul was an ardent GEJ supporter!

Anyway, yesn this has gotten out of hand, but even now, elections are more important to the "leaders" than solving the problem! Whist they are concentrated on 2015, BH is consolidating itself and planning how to expand! I start to foresee these animals making an audacious attack on Abuja just to show what they are capable of!
Re: The Boko Haram Threat. by Lordlexyy: 1:25pm On Aug 31, 2014
saintkash: saying the army is failing in it duty simply means u r not been fair to d army, urself or to Nigerians. I think it will be more clear if u say d Nigeria government or precisely GEJ has failed/failing in dis hard time.... my own opinion oo
Well said. The Nigeria Army are not to be blamed. Motivation and proper funding comes from the gov't and when all of that are in short supplies, you don't expect the army boys to do much. Their complains is bordered on obsolete weapons, if that can be addressed, they will pull up surprises.

1 Like

Re: The Boko Haram Threat. by Lordlexyy: 1:49pm On Aug 31, 2014
bolaino: the president has his short comings yes, but do you expect the president to carry an Ak 47 rifle and go to bornu to fight? The president has declared martial law in the 3 most affected states, it is left for the Army to enforce the martial law, we have seen videos of military men fleeing in combat, for reasons best known to them, I wish the military victory in it's ongoing campaign, but it seems the military men are scared, the reason a soldier would run from something is because he is scared of dying, and why would you be a soldier and be scared of dying? It shows lack of patriotism. Simply put the military is having Insurrection problems, and I believe we might see more soldiers running from the battle field in the future, if the military can not fight boko haram, it should contract it to Private Military Contractors, we can provide such services. And they won't have to lose face, because right now the military is losing face, but we can help correct this.
Who talks about the President carrying Ak 47 to the battle? You can't exonerate the president from the failure of the NA, he remains the C in C and any malfunction in the army is directed at him. The guy you quorated gave reasons why the soldiers abandon their posts, and here you are defending your principal. Is it too much for the army to ask to be well equipped? And whose responsible is it to equip them? And who should ensure that the money meant to equip them well utilized? Finally, who has the power to arrest and prosecute if the money isn't used for the purpose it was meant for? These are the duties of Mr. President and all the various Federal agencies he put in place cos, the success of the NA is exclusively shared by the President. Why shouldn't he partake in their failure.

1 Like

Re: The Boko Haram Threat. by Nobody: 2:21pm On Aug 31, 2014
bolaino: Little Drops of water, could make a Mighty ocean, Like Play Like play, fowl go born Goat, There is an obvious danger ahead of this country in the guise of the islamic terror sect Boko haram, this threat is inherent, and if proper actions are not taken to curb the excesses of this threat then we would be creating a problem with no solution, I pity Nigerians myself included, Nigerians do not know the problems they are creating by allowing this vicious sect gain ground everyday, and instead of the Government to tackle this obvious problem they hide behind the lie that the military is under funded, my Fellow Nigerians, boko haram's reach is growing by the day, do not be deceived, do not fool yourselves into thinking that one day the Group will surrender and negotiate, these mujahids have one Goal, to islamize the whole of Nigeria by force, they are being trained by Al shabab fighters, and they are been funded by ignorant and evil Nigerians, with the aid of a western Country, live in denial all you want, and think that God loves Nigeria so much to allow the country disintegrate, ( jerusalem the holy city of God, was burnt to the Ground by muslim invaders hundreds of years ago, if they could burn down jerusalem, your guess is as Good as mine) keep day dreaming and hope that the same people who are sponsoring this evil will come out with the solution, but know one thing, we have allowed ant infested firewood into our homes, so we should not complain about the lizards and maggots paying us visits, the Nigerian army is running away from boko haram that has very little combat experience, what will the Nigerian army do when some of the ruthless jihadists in North Africa start trooping into Nigeria? Smh, The nature of the Threat is that Boko haram is growing and there are speculations in the intelligence community that the Islamic state formerly known as ISIS, is planning on smuggling weapons and military hardware to Africa, to help spread the Terror campaign of the Islamic Caliphate. Wake up Nigerians, Wake up before it's too late, Say No to Corruption, The military is failing in it's duty because it has become corrupt, Corruption is our biggest enemy, Boko haram is ambushing men of the armed forces because some corrupt ones are selling the Good ones out, and the rest are scared to die for nothing, let us say no to corruption. The Boko haram threat is real, let us join hands together to fight against terrorism and let us provide our military with reliable information on how to track and dismantle boko haram cells. Boko haram is all about the funding I keep telling you. Cut off the funds you kill the beast. Long Live The Federal Republic Of Nigeria.

bros, it is not as simple as that.

there are among the Nigerian soldiers, those who love Boko Haram!
In fact they joined the army in preparation for a day like this.
The Nigerian army is divided into two: Jihardists and others.

We are reaping the fruits of Mr. Luggard's evil experiment called amalgamation.

4 Likes

Re: The Boko Haram Threat. by kadas01(m): 5:00pm On Aug 31, 2014
This is truly a "sad episode" in our country's history!!

But I still have this "strong believe" that we shall conquer these mindless islamists!!

The Lord is our strength!!

1 Like

Re: The Boko Haram Threat. by bolaino(m): 5:25pm On Aug 31, 2014
Ediskcab:
D logic behind your argument is like trying to absolve a coach of d failure of his team. Gej is d commander in chief if the armed forces of Nigeria.
personally I am not a huge fan of the president, it is obvious he is clueless about how to tackle this current security challenge, but I believe that the bulk of the blame should be placed squarely on the door of the Nigerian Army, the army chiefs and commanders should have been able to come out with good strategies and tactics on how best to tackle this insurgency in the north, the president takes decisions based on the intel and information he is being given by these chiefs, and from the looks of it, it seems he is being provided with bad or poor information, the president has no military training so you don't really expect him to come out with extraordinary security strategies, don't we have war colleges? It's the duty of the army to tackle insurgency, they have been given enough to tackle this threat, instead they are running away from battle and giving the enemy tanks and bombs and land, it's disgraceful I tell you, the other day it was alleged that boko haram chased close to five hundred military men to cameroon, 500, not 50 or 100, 500, were they attacked by over 500 boko haram insurgents? And even if they were attacked by such a number, does It mean that boko haram fighters are more well trained than men of the Nigerian armed forces? These and many more questions are in the minds of many Nigerians,
Re: The Boko Haram Threat. by bolaino(m): 5:33pm On Aug 31, 2014
Lordlexyy: Who talks about the President carrying Ak 47 to the battle? You can't exonerate the president from the failure of the NA, he remains the C in C and any malfunction in the army is directed at him. The guy you quorated gave reasons why the soldiers abandon their posts, and here you are defending your principal. Is it too much for the army to ask to be well equipped? And whose responsible is it to equip them? And who should ensure that the money meant to equip them well utilized? Finally, who has the power to arrest and prosecute if the money isn't used for the purpose it was meant for? These are the duties of Mr. President and all the various Federal agencies he put in place cos, the success of the NA is exclusively shared by the President. Why shouldn't he partake in their failure.
true, true, but let's not politicize this issue, I am not absolving the president of any blame, he is the president and thus if the country succeeds or fails it's on him, what I'm trying to say in essence my Good man, is that there seems to be incompetence on the part of the army, it's obvious seeds of mutiny have been planted in the army, the army is divided and insurrection is taking hold on them, morale is low and I believe it has a lot to do largely on their capabilities, once in their lives they are been faced with fearless terrorists and it's scaring them to hell, this tells you the stuff our armed forces are made off. Why is the army unable to reclaim land that are being controlled by insurgents, there is no reason for them not to have been able to take back these lands, is boko haram in control of nuclear war heads or fighter jets? Or is there something the army is not telling us.
Re: The Boko Haram Threat. by bolaino(m): 5:34pm On Aug 31, 2014
noblezone:

bros, it is not as simple as that.

there are among the Nigerian soldiers, those who love Boko Haram!
In fact they joined the army in preparation for a day like this.
The Nigerian army is divided into two: Jihardists and others.

We are reaping the fruits of Mr. Luggard's evil experiment called amalgamation.
biafrans and lord luggard, lol
Re: The Boko Haram Threat. by Osama10(m): 5:50pm On Aug 31, 2014
Our number 1 problem is corruption, billions are being stolen each day in this war.When we are ready we would prosecute this war but it might be too late then.

Imagine NA running away from ragtags.
Re: The Boko Haram Threat. by persius555(m): 6:11pm On Aug 31, 2014
I have seen many videos posted online of boko haram onslaughts, all i see is frail looking young rag tag boys as young as thirteen carrying about AK47 rifles, others running around and shooting aimlessly from a high calibre machine gun mounted on toyota hilux vans. They cut a picture of soldiers who have all to lose if they refuse to fight with their last pint of blood (probably exhausted by constant bombardment by the cameroonian military).On the other hand, i refuse to believe the nigerian army are lesser armed, i just think their operations are poorly coordinated.The nigerian army has the luxury of human resourcse and heavy artillery.I say once more, the key to winning this war lies in the hands of a well equipped nigerian special force and well funded airforce. This is working in iraq, libya even next door cameroon.
Re: The Boko Haram Threat. by joshadesanya: 6:31pm On Aug 31, 2014
Its quite explicit that by now, the abducted children must have been extremely compromised if not dead. This is the obvious reason the country is holding back on what seems to be the ultimate solution. Shekau may look like an e-diot, but the animal is actually leveraging on the fact that we have come to develop a false hope of rescuing those girls. Though it might sound a bit crude, the truth is, there is no other solution than to "level the glades". We know the territory they've expanded their tentacles to. Wake the airforce up and drop some fireworks. Its better to lose 10 lives and save millions of lives, than risk winning 10 lives and putting millions of lives at risk. It can't always be a win-win situation. The entire populace would understand.

2 Likes

Re: The Boko Haram Threat. by Lordlexyy: 6:53pm On Aug 31, 2014
bolaino: true, true, but let's not politicize this issue, I am not absolving the president of any blame, he is the president and thus if the country succeeds or fails it's on him, what I'm trying to say in essence my Good man, is that there seems to be incompetence on the part of the army, it's obvious seeds of mutiny have been planted in the army, the army is divided and insurrection is taking hold on them, morale is low and I believe it has a lot to do largely on their capabilities, once in their lives they are been faced with fearless terrorists and it's scaring them to hell, this tells you the stuff our armed forces are made off. Why is the army unable to reclaim land that are being controlled by insurgents, there is no reason for them not to have been able to take back these lands, is boko haram in control of nuclear war heads or fighter jets? Or is there something the army is not telling us.
I appreciate your civil response. However, we can't accuse them yet of not showing willingness when most of their demands remain unattended to. For as long as the gov't and top military brass continue to pay lip services, expect more insurrection and mutany from the soldiers. The insurgents have nothing to lose, at best, their indocrination is enough motivation, but the same can't be said of our military men who are conscious of their families and the fact that the gov't is doing very little in terms of logistics and packages to encourage them to give their all.

1 Like

Re: The Boko Haram Threat. by bolaino(m): 7:20pm On Aug 31, 2014
Lordlexyy: I appreciate your civil response. However, we can't accuse them yet of not showing willingness when most of their demands remain unattended to. For as long as the gov't and top military brass continue to pay lip services, expect more insurrection and mutany from the soldiers. The insurgents have nothing to lose, at best, their indocrination is enough motivation, but the same can't be said of our military men who are conscious of their families and the fact that the gov't is doing very little in terms of logistics and packages to encourage them to give their all.
hmmm, I'll have to agree with you on this, The government should really do more to encourage the armed forces, But still the army has to work harder, they are literally our last line of defence, we are putting all our hopes on them, I know for sure if this insurgency gets to the south of Nigeria all hell will break lose. I pray this is handled soon, if not, terrible things are sure to follow.
Re: The Boko Haram Threat. by bolaino(m): 5:40pm On Sep 01, 2014
bolaino: Little Drops of water, could make a Mighty ocean, Like Play Like play, fowl go born Goat, There is an obvious danger ahead of this country in the guise of the islamic terror sect Boko haram, this threat is inherent, and if proper actions are not taken to curb the excesses of this threat then we would be creating a problem with no solution, I pity Nigerians myself included, Nigerians do not know the problems they are creating by allowing this vicious sect gain ground everyday, and instead of the Government to tackle this obvious problem they hide behind the lie that the military is under funded, my Fellow Nigerians, boko haram's reach is growing by the day, do not be deceived, do not fool yourselves into thinking that one day the Group will surrender and negotiate, these mujahids have one Goal, to islamize the whole of Nigeria by force, they are being trained by Al shabab fighters, and they are been funded by ignorant and evil Nigerians, with the aid of a western Country, live in denial all you want, and think that God loves Nigeria so much to allow the country disintegrate, ( jerusalem the holy city of God, was burnt to the Ground by muslim invaders hundreds of years ago, if they could burn down jerusalem, your guess is as Good as mine) keep day dreaming and hope that the same people who are sponsoring this evil will come out with the solution, but know one thing, we have allowed ant infested firewood into our homes, so we should not complain about the lizards and maggots paying us visits, the Nigerian army is running away from boko haram that has very little combat experience, what will the Nigerian army do when some of the ruthless jihadists in North Africa start trooping into Nigeria? Smh, The nature of the Threat is that Boko haram is growing and there are speculations in the intelligence community that the Islamic state formerly known as ISIS, is planning on smuggling weapons and military hardware to Africa, to help spread the Terror campaign of the Islamic Caliphate. Wake up Nigerians, Wake up before it's too late, Say No to Corruption, The military is failing in it's duty because it has become corrupt, Corruption is our biggest enemy, Boko haram is ambushing men of the armed forces because some corrupt ones are selling the Good ones out, and the rest are scared to die for nothing, let us say no to corruption. The Boko haram threat is real, let us join hands together to fight against terrorism and let us provide our military with reliable information on how to track and dismantle boko haram cells. Boko haram is all about the funding I keep telling you. Cut off the funds you kill the beast. Long Live The Federal Republic Of Nigeria.
Re: The Boko Haram Threat. by Mekateka: 6:26pm On Sep 01, 2014
bolaino: it's a pathetic situation and even more terrible than you could ever imagine, if the Nigerian army manages to destroy the Group to an extent, the group will make a Global call for all jihadists in the world to come to Nigeria to their aid, and I assure you, you wouldn't want cut throat mujahids to come to Nigeria, those guys are hurricane of destruction. Terrible I tell you.
guy take your threat to your fellow animals and stop generalising it on the whole country.
Re: The Boko Haram Threat. by bolaino(m): 6:09pm On Oct 04, 2014
bolaino:
Little Drops of water, could make a Mighty ocean, Like Play Like play, fowl go born Goat, There is an obvious danger ahead of this country in the guise of the islamic terror sect Boko haram, this threat is inherent, and if proper actions are not taken to curb the excesses of this threat then we would be creating a problem with no solution, I pity Nigerians myself included, Nigerians do not know the problems they are creating by allowing this vicious sect gain ground everyday, and instead of the Government to tackle this obvious problem they hide behind the lie that the military is under funded, my Fellow Nigerians, boko haram's reach is growing by the day, do not be deceived, do not fool yourselves into thinking that one day the Group will surrender and negotiate, these mujahids have one Goal, to islamize the whole of Nigeria by force, they are being trained by Al shabab fighters, and they are been funded by ignorant and evil Nigerians, with the aid of a western Country, live in denial all you want, and think that God loves Nigeria so much to allow the country disintegrate, ( jerusalem the holy city of God, was burnt to the Ground by muslim invaders hundreds of years ago, if they could burn down jerusalem, your guess is as Good as mine) keep day dreaming and hope that the same people who are sponsoring this evil will come out with the solution, but know one thing, we have allowed ant infested firewood into our homes, so we should not complain about the lizards and maggots paying us visits, the Nigerian army is running away from boko haram that has very little combat experience, what will the Nigerian army do when some of the ruthless jihadists in North Africa start trooping into Nigeria? Smh, The nature of the Threat is that Boko haram is growing and there are speculations in the intelligence community that the Islamic state formerly known as ISIS, is planning on smuggling weapons and military hardware to Africa, to help spread the Terror campaign of the Islamic Caliphate. Wake up Nigerians, Wake up before it's too late, Say No to Corruption, The military is failing in it's duty because it has become corrupt, Corruption is our biggest enemy, Boko haram is ambushing men of the armed forces because some corrupt ones are selling the Good ones out, and the rest are scared to die for nothing, let us say no to corruption. The Boko haram threat is real, let us join hands together to fight against terrorism and let us provide our military with reliable information on how to track and dismantle boko haram cells. Boko haram is all about the funding I keep telling you. Cut off the funds you kill the beast. Long Live The Federal Republic Of Nigeria.

(1) (Reply)

What A Popular UK News Website Wrote About Our Governor Fashola! / Nigeria Is 31st Most Corrupt Nation – Transparency International / A Thread For Goddy Jedy Agba Governorship Aspirant C.R.S

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.