Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,305 members, 7,808,037 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:57 AM

2015: Buhari, Gov Kwankwaso’s Supporters Clash - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2015: Buhari, Gov Kwankwaso’s Supporters Clash (25033 Views)

Photo Of Buhari,Gov. Rochas Okorocha And Ngige Laughing So Hard At Each Other / Gov Kwankwaso Cautions APC Over Zoning Policy / North Under Siege Because Of Buhari —gov Lamido (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

2015: Buhari, Gov Kwankwaso’s Supporters Clash by nigerianvenom(m): 9:35am On Aug 31, 2014
The battle for the presidential ticket of the All
Progressive Congress (APC) is creating tension in
Kano State where the supporters of Governor
Rabiu Kwankwaso and those of former Head of
State, Major General Muhammadu Buhari, have
clashed.
The state House of Assembly, dominated by the
APC, has broken into two camps, each supporting
Kwankwaso and Buhari.

The governor and former Head of State are
leading contenders for the APC presidential ticket.
Some members of the assembly, under the aegis
of G34, had, late last week, endorsed Kwankwaso
for the APC presidential ticket.
But signs that all was not well in the parliament
emerged, yesterday, when a member of the group,
Yusuf Abdullahi Atta, dissociated himself and
some of his other colleagues from the
endorsement, declaring support for Buhari.
Kano State Deputy Majority leader, Yusuf
Suleiman Babangida, who disclosed the G 34
endorsement of the state governor, on Thursday,
declared that the current security situation in the
country requires a man with courageous
disposition of Kwankwaso to handle. ‘’The
security of state and it’s citizens which is the
first obligation that the law of the land places
upon leadership is deteriorating at all levels due
to the collapse of the centre”, the lawmaker said.
Babangida, who played a prominent role in the
election that brought Kwankwaso to power in
2011, stated, “We the lawmakers in Kano House
of Assembly, 34 of us precisely, hereby propose
our leader, Dr. Rabiu Musa Kwankwaso, for the
office of the President of the Federal Republic of
Nigeria”.
Babangida noted that his group’s conviction
emanated from the fact that “Kwankwaso is
eligible to occupy the office of the President,’’
saying, ‘’We therefore consider this aspiration as
the taste of every progressive mind who has
concerns over the state of the nation. “
In a sudden twist, yesterday, Atta, representing
Fagge local government in the assembly,
distanced himself and some of Buhari’s loyalists
during a popular radio political programme
“Kowane Gauta”.
The lawmaker, during the political programme
aired by a private station declared that
Babangida’s statement did not enjoy his support
and urged Buhari loyalists to remain calm.
‘’For now, Kano has no candidate other than Gen.
Buhari for presidency by 2015; anything short of
this popular arrangements remain a deceit”, he
said.
Atta, during the pay per second radio political
programme, whose listeners cut across seven
states in the North-west, affirmed that Kano
would only consider any other option outside
Buhari except he stepped down his ambition.
Buhari and Kwankwaso have large but disciplined
and fanatical supporters in the state who are
emotional about the 2015 presidential dream of
their principals.

www.vanguardngr.com/2014/08/2015-buhari-gov-kwankwasos-supporters-clash/

5 Likes

Re: 2015: Buhari, Gov Kwankwaso’s Supporters Clash by nigerianvenom(m): 9:53am On Aug 31, 2014
soon,they will start fighting themselve.this is just the beginning, more will come when supporters of atiku,amaechi,tinubu,fashola and co join the war of words.

45 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2015: Buhari, Gov Kwankwaso’s Supporters Clash by Nobody: 10:06am On Aug 31, 2014
There is no fight. Dr Rabiu Kwankwaso should know that even his ardent supporters are in support of Gen Buhari candidacy. General Buhari remains FIRST choice, Kwankwaso is only an alternative should Buhari decline to contest. Even Kwankwasiyya Camp can attest to this. But Buhari haven't declared officially, once he declares, it is.....

SAI BUHARI
SAI APC

Kwankwaso for Minister of Power or Defense under the New APC govt in 2015

67 Likes 6 Shares

Re: 2015: Buhari, Gov Kwankwaso’s Supporters Clash by okosodo: 10:14am On Aug 31, 2014
Smokescreen

1 Like

Re: 2015: Buhari, Gov Kwankwaso’s Supporters Clash by opiaoku: 10:24am On Aug 31, 2014
barcanista: There is no fight. Dr Rabiu Kwankwaso should know that even his ardent supporters are in support of Gen Buhari candidacy. General Buhari remains FIRST choice, Kwankwaso is only an alternative should Buhari decline to contest. Even Kwankwasiyya Camp can attest to this. But Buhari haven't declared officially, once he declares, it is.....

SAI BUHARI
SAI APC

grin

Drink amaterm you no go hear

134 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2015: Buhari, Gov Kwankwaso’s Supporters Clash by donphilopus: 10:47am On Aug 31, 2014
barcanista: There is no fight. Dr Rabiu Kwankwaso should know that even his ardent supporters are in support of Gen Buhari candidacy. General Buhari remains FIRST choice, Kwankwaso is only an alternative should Buhari decline to contest. Even Kwankwasiyya Camp can attest to this. But Buhari haven't declared officially, once he declares, it is.....

SAI BUHARI
SAI APC

This' what I wanna hear from you. Kwankwaso is good though, but APC would never like to minus the Anti-corruption Crusader and go for Kwankwaso. He still needs to be monitored before he's considered for any position. If the Kano State HoA ain't fully in support of their boss, then he should also know that most Northern States wouldn't support him since Buhari is there.

I enjoin them all to do things in an orderly way because the National Convention is approaching. We don't want a consensus candidate; they should all go to the field. Because we wouldn't want PDP to cry more than the bereaved!

13 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 2015: Buhari, Gov Kwankwaso’s Supporters Clash by Nobody: 10:56am On Aug 31, 2014
donphilopus:

This' what I wanna hear from you. Kwankwaso is good though, but APC would never like to minus the Anti-corruption Crusader and go for Kwankwaso. He still needs to be monitored before he's considered for any position. If the Kano State HoA ain't fully in support of their boss, then he should also know that most Northern States wouldn't support him since Buhari is there.

I enjoin them all to do things in an orderly way because the National Convention is approaching. We don't want a consensus candidate; they should all go to the field. Because we wouldn't want PDP to cry more than the bereaved!
Kwankwaso lost 2003 to Newbie Shekarau all because Buhari didn't endorse him but endorsed shekarau. Kwankwaso won 2011 because his supporters supported Buhari 2011 and never supported pdp's jonathan. Kwankwaso supporters are first and foremost Buhari's supporters. Even the Kwankwasiyya movement will backtrack once GMB declares. I am sure the Kano HoA won't deny this. Should Buhari declare-it's over. He will win the ticket but for Kwankwaso political future, he shouldn't contest against him in the primarÌes or else the northern masses will see it as an affront and they wl change their luv 4 him to hate. There should be a concensus but whoever feels he shd try it out @ d polls should b allowed to contest in the primaries BUT the person will lose.

Sai Buhari
Sai APC

21 Likes

Re: 2015: Buhari, Gov Kwankwaso’s Supporters Clash by jmaine: 11:04am On Aug 31, 2014
I remember reading an article sometime ago, when a supporter of Buhari threatened that it is Buhari or the APC dividess . . .

So I ain't surprised here . . .

21 Likes

Re: 2015: Buhari, Gov Kwankwaso’s Supporters Clash by nigerianvenom(m): 11:09am On Aug 31, 2014
jmaine: I remember reading an article sometime ago, when a supporter of Buhari threatened that it is Buhari or the APC dividess . . .

So I ain't surprised here . . .

u will soon witness the kwankwasiyan fighters engage bukari in a a combative fight.

12 Likes

Re: 2015: Buhari, Gov Kwankwaso’s Supporters Clash by donphilopus: 11:12am On Aug 31, 2014
barcanista: Kwankwaso lost 2003 to Newbie Shekarau all because Buhari didn't endorse him but endorsed shekarau. Kwankwaso won 2011 because his supporters supported Buhari 2011 and never supported pdp's jonathan. Kwankwaso supporters are first and foremost Buhari's supporters. Even the Kwankwasiyya movement will backtrack once GMB declares. I am sure the Kano HoA won't deny this. Should Buhari declare-it's over. He will win the ticket but for Kwankwaso political future, he shouldn't contest against him in the primarÌes or else the northern masses will see it as an affront and they wl change their luv 4 him to hate. There should be a concensus but whoever feels he shd try it out @ d polls should b allowed to contest in the primaries BUÞ will lose.

Sai Buhari
Sai APC

You've said it all. Kwnakwaso should try and support Buhari's Candidacy. Because with the way things are going, Buhari is highly respected in the North. His candidates always win any election in the North. He supported Umoru Tanko Almakura and he won. He's still the game player in Kaduna. If El-rufai behaves himself and enjoys Buhari's support, he'd become the Governor of Kaduna come 2015.

Buhari only needs a very strong APC guy from the South that can be able to garner atleast 80% of the votes Buhari would get from the North to become the President. I pray Atiku should remain mute till Buhari wins though!

10 Likes

Re: 2015: Buhari, Gov Kwankwaso’s Supporters Clash by jmaine: 11:15am On Aug 31, 2014
nigerianvenom:

u will soon witness the kwankwasiyan fighters engage bukari in a a combative fight.

That one consign them . . . . .grin

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2015: Buhari, Gov Kwankwaso’s Supporters Clash by Nobody: 11:24am On Aug 31, 2014
donphilopus:

You've said it all. Kwnakwaso should try and support Buhari's Candidacy. Because with the way things are going, Buhari is highly respected in the North. His candidates always win any election in the North. He supported Umoru Tanko Almakura and he won. He's still the game player in Kaduna. If El-rufai behaves himself and enjoys Buhari's support, he'd become the Governor of Kaduna come 2015.

Buhari only needs a very strong APC guy from the South that can be able to garner atleast 80% of the votes Buhari would get from the North to become the President. I pray Atiku should remain mute till Buhari wins though!
you are so correct. Forget Atiku abeg. Him no get mouth... Don't worry about Kaduna, its a done deal!!!!! As for Kwankwaso he won't repeat the mistake of 2003.

11 Likes

Re: 2015: Buhari, Gov Kwankwaso’s Supporters Clash by Omexonomy: 11:33am On Aug 31, 2014
Let them fight and kill themselves to extinction then let the confusiom train move to Yoruba land and should serve as nemesis for supporting the BH party.

13 Likes

Re: 2015: Buhari, Gov Kwankwaso’s Supporters Clash by GovWahala: 11:34am On Aug 31, 2014
I'm not surprised, what do u expect from two 'malos' joined together in janjaweedism under the platform of A.P.Shiit.
GEJ till he's tired.

33 Likes

Re: 2015: Buhari, Gov Kwankwaso’s Supporters Clash by Syenite(m): 12:14pm On Aug 31, 2014
What do u expect from a Party of Almajiris and suicide bombers. Dey will continue to eliminate themselves until 2019 when we'll consider whether to seed power to them or not. They have suddenly become a minority in Nigeria grin

22 Likes

Re: 2015: Buhari, Gov Kwankwaso’s Supporters Clash by Rilwayne001: 12:14pm On Aug 31, 2014
The both are more competent than the clueless man in Aso Rock now.

Nigeria needs cerebral minds at the helm of affairs to achieve accelerated development. The present administration led by Jonathan has failed in critical sectors like power, security, fight against corruption, reduction of poverty and unemployment rates.

The end of PDP is near, and they will all be swept out of office come 2015 general election.

Only a retarded person would vote into office that clueless Jona again after failing us in soo many ways.

I NOMINATE THE PEOPLES GENERAL

22 Likes

Re: 2015: Buhari, Gov Kwankwaso’s Supporters Clash by koboko69: 12:17pm On Aug 31, 2014
Omexonomy: Let them fight and kill themselves to extinction then let the confusiom train move to Yoruba land and should serve as nemesis for supporting the BH party.

Must u show over 5 thousand nairalanders and over 10,000 guests that will view this thread that you a compoud dunce on Sunday afternoon?
SAI BUHARI
SAI APC

Very correct cool cool making much sense

5 Likes

Re: 2015: Buhari, Gov Kwankwaso’s Supporters Clash by Nobody: 12:18pm On Aug 31, 2014
see wahala
Re: 2015: Buhari, Gov Kwankwaso’s Supporters Clash by jjcbuthot: 12:19pm On Aug 31, 2014
Apart from Kano where else can Kwakwanso get supporters? Even in Kano, Buhari will get more than 90% of the votes over Kwankwanso.

5 Likes

Re: 2015: Buhari, Gov Kwankwaso’s Supporters Clash by Hemanwel(m): 12:19pm On Aug 31, 2014
What do you expect from a land/region where there is too much blood shed?
CURSED BE THE LAND!!
Still wondering why northern Nigeria is light years behind Southern Nigeria in terms of development??

7 Likes

Re: 2015: Buhari, Gov Kwankwaso’s Supporters Clash by slimpoppa(m): 12:19pm On Aug 31, 2014
No be small o.
Re: 2015: Buhari, Gov Kwankwaso’s Supporters Clash by meforyou1(m): 12:20pm On Aug 31, 2014
Good news. Break bottle, decamp to PDP.
God bless you Jonathan for creating states of immense confusion in the enemy's camps since 2011

11 Likes

Re: 2015: Buhari, Gov Kwankwaso’s Supporters Clash by ichidodo: 12:21pm On Aug 31, 2014
If you want to bomb do so at each other political rallies,campaigne offices and what not.Leave innocent locals,igbos and youthcorpers out of these...

25 Likes

Re: 2015: Buhari, Gov Kwankwaso’s Supporters Clash by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 12:21pm On Aug 31, 2014
lmao!

Who do they want to rule? Certainly not me or my Nigeria.

GEJ till 2019!

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2015: Buhari, Gov Kwankwaso’s Supporters Clash by Jhosh(m): 12:21pm On Aug 31, 2014
Koda even if dem bomb each oda..D tin no concern min..

D main tin wey concern min b say¶¶ I wan buy Private jet..Infact u go opun a thread on ma behalf..

I can,i wil.

Well i posted dat in ma dream
Re: 2015: Buhari, Gov Kwankwaso’s Supporters Clash by nyt3237(m): 12:21pm On Aug 31, 2014
What do you expect from 2 Northern Criminals on the loss still living on a pipe dream to rule Nigeria. Clearly they both don’t stand a chance

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2015: Buhari, Gov Kwankwaso’s Supporters Clash by MichaelSokoto(m): 12:22pm On Aug 31, 2014
OP, how does dis news affect d price of garri in d Nigerian stock exchange market?
PDP would 4eva kontunu 2 have grade A+ maximum erektion wheneva GMB iz mentioned.

Aduruwa! angry

Sai APC!
Sai Buhari two sphaauzand & pipteen! cool

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2015: Buhari, Gov Kwankwaso’s Supporters Clash by chibanj(m): 12:23pm On Aug 31, 2014
Ona neva see anything

1 Like

Re: 2015: Buhari, Gov Kwankwaso’s Supporters Clash by chinasaekperem: 12:23pm On Aug 31, 2014
I dance skelewu in shoki style, this is a very good news for me............all I want to do is to shoki...........

2 Likes

Re: 2015: Buhari, Gov Kwankwaso’s Supporters Clash by Nobody: 12:23pm On Aug 31, 2014

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

NNPC Releases First Monthly Oil And Gas Report / Dasuki To Face Fresh Charges Over 1994 Millitary Charge / Day Buhari Showered Praise On Ekweremadu.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.