Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,424 members, 7,808,519 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:59 PM

Will God Answer A Prayer Over Alcohol Before Drinking? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Will God Answer A Prayer Over Alcohol Before Drinking? (865 Views)

What Will God Gain By Throwing Sinners In Hell Fire? / Who Will God Punish For Abortion? The Doctors, The Government Or The Women? / A Prayer For A Financial Blessing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Will God Answer A Prayer Over Alcohol Before Drinking? by KDOniyide(m): 10:26am On Aug 31, 2014
How awkward would it be to go to a beer palor and when served, you remove your cap and say "bless this beer oh Lord for Christ's sake. Amen"

I asked a couple of friends this question but no one seems to have the right answer. It turned out to be a joke so I decided to bring it here.

Please Mr. Seun, help move this to front page so that everyone could contribute.

@kd_oniyide
Re: Will God Answer A Prayer Over Alcohol Before Drinking? by immortalcrown(m): 10:31am On Aug 31, 2014
The intake of alcohol is not a sin. Therefore, God will answer the prayer if it is rightly said.
Re: Will God Answer A Prayer Over Alcohol Before Drinking? by Ruq: 11:13am On Aug 31, 2014
Alcohol was created so we could unwind.
Re: Will God Answer A Prayer Over Alcohol Before Drinking? by KDOniyide(m): 11:18am On Aug 31, 2014
but do you pray over it?

quotee author=immortalcrown]The intake of alcohol is not a sin. Therefore, God will answer the prayer if it is rightly said.[/quote]
Re: Will God Answer A Prayer Over Alcohol Before Drinking? by Oduduwaboy(m): 12:59pm On Aug 31, 2014
@OP, you got a humorous mind. You really made me laugh. Well, i think god or whatever always blesses my foamy ,sparkling glass of Gulder especially when ' it runneth over'!
Re: Will God Answer A Prayer Over Alcohol Before Drinking? by anukulapo: 2:00pm On Aug 31, 2014
Questions worth asking.

Yes he will.
Re: Will God Answer A Prayer Over Alcohol Before Drinking? by jdilight(m): 4:43pm On Aug 31, 2014
Lol, how many prayer do God answer in the real sense? very little. Because we either are not praying right or we are not in the position to pray.

How many prayers do you hear people repeat for months without ans?
Re: Will God Answer A Prayer Over Alcohol Before Drinking? by finofaya: 7:34pm On Aug 31, 2014
Lol. That's a funny and serious question.

In christianity, drinking may or may not be a sin. The jury is still out on that. If it is a sin, the punishment for it is not death.

When we pray before eating or drinking, we usually pray that any poison put in the food or drink will not harm us. We expect the poison to be lethal.

If drinking is a sin, and the punishment is not death, then asking God to neutralize any lethal poison in your drink is a meritorious prayer that should be granted.

This is because refusing to save you from certain death as a result of a lethal poison put in your drink is the same as letting you die for drinking. Whereas the punishment for drinking is not death.

If God allowed every harm to come to us because we were sinful, all of us would be dead yesterday, despite all our prayers. Instead, we see God preserving us and granting our prayers. Even adulterers and homosexuals have their prayers granted.

I don't command God, but he should grant a prayer uttered before unknowingly consuming a lethal poison. It is in the realm of juju that protection is broken because you did this or that.

So don't shy away from that bottle.

(Not a christian, but I give legal advice. This is my interpretation of biblical laws)

Cheers.
Re: Will God Answer A Prayer Over Alcohol Before Drinking? by KDOniyide(m): 9:31am On Sep 03, 2014
Well said.

finofaya: Lol. That's a funny and serious question.

In christianity, drinking may or may not be a sin. The jury is still out on that. If it is a sin, the punishment for it is not death.

When we pray before eating or drinking, we usually pray that any poison put in the food or drink will not harm us. We expect the poison to be lethal.

If drinking is a sin, and the punishment is not death, then asking God to neutralize any lethal poison in your drink is a meritorious prayer that should be granted.

This is because refusing to save you from certain death as a result of a lethal poison put in your drink is the same as letting you die for drinking. Whereas the punishment for drinking is not death.

If God allowed every harm to come to us because we were sinful, all of us would be dead yesterday, despite all our prayers. Instead, we see God preserving us and granting our prayers. Even adulterers and homosexuals have their prayers granted.

I don't command God, but he should grant a prayer uttered before unknowingly consuming a lethal poison. It is in the realm of juju that protection is broken because you did this or that.

So don't shy away from that bottle.

(Not a christian, but I give legal advice. This is my interpretation of biblical laws)

Cheers.
Re: Will God Answer A Prayer Over Alcohol Before Drinking? by gamesgiven: 9:56am On Sep 03, 2014
I Don't a person who is going To follow satan will Pray to God with heart.....

(1) (Reply)

Bishop Oyedepo Top The List Of 10 Richest Pastors In The World / Help Me Interprete This! / Black Peoples' Guide To Understanding CHRISTMAS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.