Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,364 members, 7,780,997 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 07:12 AM

Who Created God? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Who Created God? (3095 Views)

If God Created Everything, Who Created God? / Who Created God Or How Did God Come Into Existence? / Who Created God? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Created God? by Jhosh(m): 11:55am On Aug 31, 2014
Ever since i was a liitle child,av always ben wonderinq how God was formed.Where is he from?

I mean,is it that he is from somewhere or he just came out of sometin.??U knw d bible says(The earth was void and empty)Which means.He had no tribe,race or ??

So the question now is..How did God made it all alone?What created him?Who?

Note:Am a christian,not an atheist..So its not really dat i wanna provok anyone with d question.Juz curious..Hopinq ma curiosity wunt kil min.(Amen)
Re: Who Created God? by Tallesty1(m): 12:01pm On Aug 31, 2014
Call unto me, and I will answer thee, and shew thee great and mighty things, which thou knowest not.(Jeremiah 33:3)
Re: Who Created God? by edogho(m): 12:08pm On Aug 31, 2014
u worry too much. take one step at a time and u'll get there. it's not something someone will tell u, its what u'll find out urself "winks". where are d over-sabi people in this religion section? oya make una start.
Re: Who Created God? by Nobody: 12:36pm On Aug 31, 2014
Bro, don't waste your time seeking answer to that question just like I did.

Let's assume we finally found out that it was a flying spaghetti monster that created god, another question will arise to also know who or what created the flying spaghetti monster.

We would keep going on and on if we are to ascertain the originator or the real creator.

Since we do not know who or what created god, it's better we apply the logic behind Pascal's wager. See God as an 'end and not a means to an end'

1 Like

Re: Who Created God? by Youngsage: 1:06pm On Aug 31, 2014
God is Eternal, Omnipotent and Omniscient... Hebrews 7 vs 3. Although, there are some things we shall only fully grasp/understand when we get to Heaven but we just have to believe through Faith... Hebrews 11. smiley

1 Like

Re: Who Created God? by kadas01(m): 1:22pm On Aug 31, 2014
Op, please be reminded that it is absolutely "blasphemous"; as well as a complete "heresy" to ever think of such!

Be guided!
Re: Who Created God? by orlarmi50: 1:30pm On Aug 31, 2014
if u kwn de day u was born by ur self den u kwn who create god

1 Like

Re: Who Created God? by orlarmi50: 1:30pm On Aug 31, 2014
if u kwn de day u was born by ur self den u kwn who create god
grin
Re: Who Created God? by Jhosh(m): 2:53pm On Aug 31, 2014
kadas01: Op, please be reminded that it is absolutely "blasphemous"; as well as a complete "heresy" to ever think of such!

Be guided!
Well thats y i said,ma curiosity wunt kil..(amen
Re: Who Created God? by UrbanMystique: 10:23pm On Aug 31, 2014
if you present more sound big bang theory to a christian, he will be quick to ask how possible is it for something to explode out of nothing, but will ask me to believe in god that comes from nothing. how crazy is that?

@op god is just an idea to explain things we are too lazy to look for answers to. that's why we have many god(s), and many theories trying to explain how all these happened.
so there is no god anywhere.. it's all in your head.. they created it for you in your head, same way they create other fictional characters.

1 Like

Re: Who Created God? by Oduduwaboy(m): 6:27am On Sep 01, 2014
kadas01: Op, please be reminded that it is absolutely "blasphemous"; as well as a complete "heresy" to ever think of such!

Be guided!
...this is how we do it in church!
Re: Who Created God? by RikoduoSennin(m): 11:36am On Sep 01, 2014
Jhosh: Ever since i was a liitle child,av always ben wonderinq how God was formed.Where is he from?

I mean,is it that he is from somewhere or he just came out of sometin.??U knw d bible says(The earth was void and empty)Which means.He had no tribe,race or ??

So the question now is..How did God made it all alone?What created him?Who?

Note:Am a christian,not an atheist..So its not really dat i wanna provok anyone with d question.Juz curious..Hopinq ma curiosity wunt kil min.(Amen)

It is a very good question. It is good to ask questions, so that your faith will be strengthened. You are not doing anything wrong! Ask questions with open mind, seek answers from others, reason on it and convince yourself.

On to the matter- "Who created God?". It depends on the God. If you are referring to God Almighty- Jehovah, well, he has NO creator. It is difficult to grasp at first because every other thing has a creator and we have a different concept of time from God (i.e since animals born, live and die over time, it because difficult to imagine a being that has always been in existence).

But look at it this way, Before everything we see today exist (the beginning) Jehovah has been existing. He is Eternal that is he has been living from time immemorial.

Think, will he call himself the "Almighty God" if he has a creator or will he still retain that title if he was created. So Jehovah being the Almighty God is proof their is none before him otherwise, he will lose his right to be called Almighty God.

Some Scientist believe in the big bang as the source or cause of the universe, even though there is no evidence of what existed before the big bang or what caused it, why then is it hard to believe Jehovah God has always been existing when scientific evidence points to "energy" as neither CREATED NOR DESTROY. Jehovah is vigorous with Dynamic energy.
Re: Who Created God? by Nobody: 12:27pm On Sep 01, 2014
Jhosh, it was man (yes, primitive men) that created God. That is why he looks and behaves like the men that created him.
Re: Who Created God? by RayMcBlue(m): 1:41pm On Sep 01, 2014
"God" is imaginary. He's purely the creation of man.

We know, for example, that the ancient Egyptians believed in their gods so fervently that they built massive structures like the Great Pyramid - still today one of the largest and most enduring human constructions ever created. Despite that fervor, however, we know with complete certainty today that the Egyptian gods were imaginary. There is no evidence of their existence. Thus we do not build pyramids anymore and we do not mummify our leaders.

More recently we know that tens of millions of Romans worshiped Jupiter and his friends, and to them they built magnificent temples. The ruins of these temples are popular tourist attractions even today. Yet we know with complete certainty that these gods were imaginary. There is no evidence for their existence and thus no one worships Zeus any more.

Much more recently, we know that the Aztec civilization believed in their gods so intensely that they constructed huge temples and pyramids. In addition, Aztecs were so zealous that they were sacrificing hundreds of human beings to their gods as recently as the 16th century. Despite the intensity, however, we know today that these gods were completely imaginary. The Aztecs were insane insane to be murdering people for their gods. Killing a person has no effect on rainfall or anything else. We all know that. And there is no evidence whatsoever demonstrating that the Aztec gods exist. If the Aztec gods were real, we would still be offering sacrifices to them and these sacrifices would be effective.

Today's "God" is just as imaginary as were these historical gods. The fact that millions of people worship a god is meaningless.

The "God" and the "Jesus" that Christians worship today are actually amalgams formed out of ancient pagan gods. The idea of a virgin birth, burial in a rock tomb, resurrection after 3 days and eating of body and drinking of blood had nothing to do with Jesus. All of the rituals in Christianity are completely man-made. Christianity is a snow ball that rolled over a dozen pagan religions. As the snowball grew, it freely attached pagan rituals and beliefs in order to be more palatable to converts.

6 Likes

Re: Who Created God? by Mavrick2012: 1:49pm On Sep 01, 2014

Be guided!
Re: Who Created God? by Mavrick2012: 1:56pm On Sep 01, 2014

Be guided!
is this what you were told?
this is exactly how religion put ppl in perpetul mental-bondage,FEAR! FEAR!! FEAR!!!
mr op,ur brain is not for decoratn,its for making intelligent research such as this.
fear nothing,most succesful ppl are ppl who have excaped religious bondage.
it is written "fear not".LOL
Re: Who Created God? by Mavrick2012: 2:07pm On Sep 01, 2014
kolawaxxy: Bro, don't waste your time seeking answer to that question just like I did.

Let's assume we finally found out that it was a flying spaghetti monster that created god, another question will arise to also know who or what created the flying spaghetti monster.

We would keep going on and on if we are to ascertain the originator or the real creator.

Since we do not know who or what created god, it's better we apply the logic behind Pascal's wager. See God as an 'end and not a means to an end'
sir,i like ur attempt,but pls dont get the question convoluted.
If you can come to conclusion that "God created the universe,because a perfect universe cannot just come by chance/not to have been created" you must equally be intelligent enough to explain the origin of this "God",because me i think this god is "too-perfect" not to have been created/originated.pls sir
Re: Who Created God? by krayzieklay(m): 2:09pm On Sep 01, 2014
RayMcBlue: "God" is imaginary. He's purely the creation of man.

We know, for example, that the ancient Egyptians believed in their gods so fervently that they built massive structures like the Great Pyramid - still today one of the largest and most enduring human constructions ever created. Despite that fervor, however, we know with complete certainty today that the Egyptian gods were imaginary. There is no evidence of their existence. Thus we do not build pyramids anymore and we do not mummify our leaders.

More recently we know that tens of millions of Romans worshiped Jupiter and his friends, and to them they built magnificent temples. The ruins of these temples are popular tourist attractions even today. Yet we know with complete certainty that these gods were imaginary. There is no evidence for their existence and thus no one worships Zeus any more.

Much more recently, we know that the Aztec civilization believed in their gods so intensely that they constructed huge temples and pyramids. In addition, Aztecs were so zealous that they were sacrificing hundreds of human beings to their gods as recently as the 16th century. Despite the intensity, however, we know today that these gods were completely imaginary. The Aztecs were insane insane to be murdering people for their gods. Killing a person has no effect on rainfall or anything else. We all know that. And there is no evidence whatsoever demonstrating that the Aztec gods exist. If the Aztec gods were real, we would still be offering sacrifices to them and these sacrifices would be effective.

Today's "God" is just as imaginary as were these historical gods. The fact that millions of people worship a god is meaningless.

The "God" and the "Jesus" that Christians worship today are actually amalgams formed out of ancient pagan gods. The idea of a virgin birth, burial in a rock tomb, resurrection after 3 days and eating of body and drinking of blood had nothing to do with Jesus. All of the rituals in Christianity are completely man-made. Christianity is a snow ball that rolled over a dozen pagan religions. As the snowball grew, it freely attached pagan rituals and beliefs in order to be more palatable to converts.
#nice

3 Likes

Re: Who Created God? by Mavrick2012: 2:11pm On Sep 01, 2014
UrbanMystique: if you present more sound big bang theory to a christian, he will be quick to ask how possible is it for something to explode out of nothing, but will ask me to believe in god that comes from nothing. how crazy is that?

@op god is just an idea to explain things we are too lazy to look for answers to. that's why we have many god(s), and many theories trying to explain how all these happened.
so there is no god anywhere.. it's all in your head.. they created it for you in your head, same way they create other fictional characters.
100 LIKES
Re: Who Created God? by RayMcBlue(m): 2:29pm On Sep 01, 2014
kolawaxxy: Bro, don't waste your time seeking answer to that question just like I did.

The problem with this line of reasoning is that there are
thousands of gods that humans have imagined. A person who believes in Allah can make this statement, and so can a person who believes in God, and so can a person who believes in Vishnu. This multitude of fictional beings shows the silliness of the argument. There is no way to know which god to choose, because there is no evidence whatsoever indicating that any of them exist.
Re: Who Created God? by Mavrick2012: 2:39pm On Sep 01, 2014
@Rikoduosennin,first,the concept of "energy cannot be created nor destroyed" is out-date,so pls dont use it to defend "god".secondly,just like every religous dude,you reject scentific proofs where it goes contrary to ur blv but accept it hook-line-and-sinker where it "explains your "god".finally,i blv u blv in the arguement of "perfect design",pls why are you finding it a difficult task blvin that this "perfect designer" should also have a designer?lol
Re: Who Created God? by Nobody: 2:40pm On Sep 01, 2014
RayMcBlue:

The problem with this line of reasoning is that there are
thousands of gods that humans have imagined. A person who believes in Allah can make this statement, and so can a person who believes in God, and so can a person who believes in Vishnu. This multitude of fictional beings shows the silliness of the argument. There is no way to know which god to choose, because there is no evidence whatsoever indicating that any of them exist.

I'm of the opinion that the creator and God are not one and the same. They are two different entities which can however be seen as one.

Some people e.g christians choose to see them as one.
Re: Who Created God? by Mavrick2012: 2:40pm On Sep 01, 2014
@Rikoduosennin,first,the concept of "energy cannot be created nor destroyed" is out-date,so pls dont use it to defend "god".secondly,just like every religous dude,you reject scentific proofs where it goes contrary to ur blv but accept it hook-line-and-sinker where it "explains your "god".finally,i blv u blv in the arguement of "perfect design",pls why are you finding it a difficult task blvin that this "perfect designer" should also have a designer?
Re: Who Created God? by RayMcBlue(m): 2:43pm On Sep 01, 2014
RikoduoSennin:

It is a very good question. It is good to ask questions, so that your faith will be strengthened. You are not doing anything wrong! Ask questions with open mind, seek answers from others, reason on it and convince yourself.

On to the matter- "Who created God?". It depends on the God. If you are referring to God Almighty- Jehovah, well, he has NO creator. It is difficult to grasp at first because every other thing has a creator and we have a different concept of time from God (i.e since animals born, live and die over time, it because difficult to imagine a being that has always been in existence).

But look at it this way, Before everything we see today exist (the beginning) Jehovah has been existing. He is Eternal that is he has been living from time immemorial.

Think, will he call himself the "Almighty God" if he has a creator or will he still retain that title if he was created. So Jehovah being the Almighty God is proof their is none before him otherwise, he will lose his right to be called Almighty God.

Some Scientist believe in the big bang as the source or cause of the universe, even though there is no evidence of what existed before the big bang or what caused it, why then is it hard to believe Jehovah God has always been existing when scientific evidence points to "energy" as neither CREATED NOR DESTROY. Jehovah is vigorous with Dynamic energy.

Many Christians look at our universe, and especially life on planet Earth, and come to the conclusion that what we see is "irreducible complexity." In the Christian view, the complexity of our universe and life on earth requires an intelligent creator to bring everything into existence.

Christians believe that a creator is essential. Scientists believe that the idea of a "creator" is pure mythology, and that the complexity arose through natural processes like evolution. Who is right?

You can actually answer this question yourself with a little logic. Here are the two options:

- The complexity of life and the universe did arise completely spontaneously and without any intelligence. Nature created all the complexity we see today.
- An intelligent creator created all of the complexity that we see today because complexity requires intelligence to create it.

The advantage of the first option is that it is self-contained. The complexity arose spontaneously. No other explanation is required.

The problem with the second option is that it immediately creates an impossibility. If complexity cannot arise without intelligence, then we immediately must ask, "Who created the intelligent creator?" The creator could not spring into existence if complexity requires intelligence. Therefore, God is impossible.

In other words, by applying logic, we can prove that God is imaginary.

2 Likes

Re: Who Created God? by RayMcBlue(m): 2:49pm On Sep 01, 2014
kolawaxxy:

I'm of the opinion that the creator and God are not one and the same. They are two different entities which can however be seen as one.

Some people e.g christians choose to see them as one.

The fact is that religion is delusion . All human gods are imaginary. By believing in an imaginary god, believers commit themselves to a lifetime of delusion, instead of committing their lives to reality.
Re: Who Created God? by Nobody: 2:49pm On Sep 01, 2014
Mavrick2012:
sir,i like ur attempt,but pls dont get the question convoluted.
If you can come to conclusion that "God created the universe,because a perfect universe cannot just come by chance/not to have been created" you must equally be intelligent enough to explain the origin of this "God",because me i think this god is "too-perfect" not to have been created/originated.pls sir

bro, I never admitted that God was the creator. I only tried to attempt his question from that perspective.

I believe some things are not to be known by man among which is the answer to question of the originator.

I'm more confused than you are
Re: Who Created God? by Nobody: 2:58pm On Sep 01, 2014
RayMcBlue:

The fact is that religion is delusion . All human gods are
imaginary. By believing in an imaginary god, believers commit themselves to a lifetime of delusion, instead of committing their lives to reality.

you wonder why thera are many Gods? ;
deus absconditus; the hidden God/creator.

He left men to their affairs. As you know, people are always in the need to believe something. So they created imaginery God/Gods

The fact that people created Gods out of their confabulations doesn't change/negate the fact that there is an original.
Re: Who Created God? by Nobody: 3:01pm On Sep 01, 2014
..and again, the question of who or what the "original" is would arise
Re: Who Created God? by RayMcBlue(m): 3:07pm On Sep 01, 2014
kolawaxxy:

bro, I never admitted that God was the creator. I only tried to attempt his question from that perspective.

I believe some things are not to be known by man among which is the answer to question of the originator.

In other words, you're of the "hidden God" train.

Well, according to the Bible God incarnated himself. He created an entire human body named Jesus. That is a huge, obvious piece of evidence. It is very hard to "hide" a 170-pound human being who is running around performing miracles on every street corner. Then you collect the stories of those miracles and publish them in a book. Where is the hiding in that?

There are examples of God's desire for publicity throughout the Bible. The best known is God's parting of the Red Sea in the book of Exodus, chapter 14 (Look it up).

That is impressive, and it is utterly obvious. Thousands of Israelites witnessed this event. There are many other events that are equally obvious: manna from heaven, the Ten Commandments carved onto stone tablets, the Passover massacre and so on. All of it is described in the Bible, which God wrote so that billions of people can read about these events and experience them vicariously today.

It is pretty hard to hide something that you do in front of thousands of people and then describe and publish in billions of books. Clearly God is not a hidden God.

Yet, for some reason, God wants none of us today to see any of those miracles because he "needs to remain hidden" so that he will not "taint our free wills." Does that seem likely? Or is it more likely that Jesus never performed a real miracle? When you combine this evidence with the fact that Jesus answers no prayers, it is clear to us what is actually happening. The idea that God is "hiding" is ridiculous. The fact is that God is completely imaginary, and that is the real reason why there is absolutly no evidence of God today.

2 Likes

Re: Who Created God? by Mavrick2012: 3:14pm On Sep 01, 2014
kolawaxxy:

what
you "never admitted that god was the creator?" i.e you believe(like the atheist)that god IS NOT THE CREATOR?
Also "some things are not to be known by man"?dear,this kind of mind-set is what makes me detest religion.this type of thinking is what delayed the scientific development we enjoying today.chief,EVERTHING,i repeat, EVERYTHING MUST be known.lol
Re: Who Created God? by Nobody: 3:22pm On Sep 01, 2014
RayMcBlue:

In other words, you're of the "hidden God" train.

Well, according to the Bible God incarnated himself. He created an entire human body named Jesus. That is a huge, obvious piece of evidence. It is very hard to "hide" a 170-pound human being who is running around performing miracles on every street corner. Then you collect the stories of those miracles and publish them in a book. Where is the hiding in that?

do you really think miracles only happen among christians?

There are examples of God's desire for publicity throughout the Bible. The best known is God's parting of the Red Sea in the book of Exodus, chapter 14 (Look it up).

That is impressive, and it is utterly obvious. Thousands of Israelites witnessed this event. There are many other events that are equally obvious: manna from heaven, the Ten Commandments carved onto stone tablets, the Passover massacre and so on. All of it is described in the Bible, which God wrote so that billions of people can read about these events and experience them vicariously today.

It is pretty hard to hide something that you do in front of thousands of people and then describe and publish in billions of books. Clearly God is not a hidden God.

don't you think it would have been fair and just if he had appeared in the sky while on earth since the bible said he would appear in the sky on the last day? However by God, I was also referring to the creator.

Yet, for some reason, God wants none of us today to see any of those miracles because he "needs to remain hidden" so that he will not "taint our free wills." Does that seem likely? Or is it more likely that Jesus never performed a real miracle? When you combine this evidence with the fact that Jesus answers no prayers, it is clear to us what is actually happening. The idea that God is "hiding" is ridiculous. The fact is that God is completely imaginary, and that is the real reason why there is absolutly no evidence of God today.

hmm
Re: Who Created God? by RayMcBlue(m): 3:23pm On Sep 01, 2014
kolawaxxy:

you wonder why thera are many Gods? ;
deus absconditus; the hidden God/creator.

He left men to their affairs. As you know, people are always in the need to believe something. So they created imaginery God/Gods

The fact that people created Gods out of their confabulations doesn't change/negate the fact that there is an original.

You're worse than a typical Christian. You seem more delusional.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Fruits You Should Be Looking Out For In True & False Teachers/Prophets/Brethrens / Church Member Drops A Note In An Offering Envelope That Reads .......... (photo) / What's the Gift Most Wanted By Boys for Christmas?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.