Stats: 3,147,831 members, 7,798,801 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 10:33 AM

FEMALE CIRCUMCISION: What Are The Side Effects? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / FEMALE CIRCUMCISION: What Are The Side Effects? (4800 Views)

Female Circumcision. / Female Circumcision: Edirin's Story / Female Circumcision: Grandma Kills Grand Daughter (2) (3) (4)

Re: FEMALE CIRCUMCISION: What Are The Side Effects? by bebe2(f): 10:27pm On Aug 31, 2014
Sophyrocks:

Now thats what i'm talking about. When will that happen in Nigeria?

hmmnn let me look into my crystal ball grin grin
Re: FEMALE CIRCUMCISION: What Are The Side Effects? by Nobody: 10:31pm On Aug 31, 2014
slimyem: even though there aren't any strict laws against FGM, the practice is not as common as it used it be. It's being unpopular since the early 2000's.

Right. It is unpopular but still persists.
Re: FEMALE CIRCUMCISION: What Are The Side Effects? by Nobody: 10:33pm On Aug 31, 2014
bebe2:

hmmnn let me look into my crystal ball grin grin

Lemme guess, Would be after 10 generations.
Re: FEMALE CIRCUMCISION: What Are The Side Effects? by bebe2(f): 11:15pm On Aug 31, 2014
Sophyrocks:

Lemme guess, Would be after 10 generations.

CORRECT!!!

Very clever, weldone grin
Re: FEMALE CIRCUMCISION: What Are The Side Effects? by kandiikane(m): 1:17am On Sep 01, 2014
Sophyrocks: One side effect is you won't enjoy s*e*x.

Not true...depends...

Op depending on what you have done I won't generally recommend it unless it's by choice. Again, depending on what you have done it can actually end up making your inna labia pretty if you were destined for the long, hanging outside the outer labia one... grin

Apart from that, even if you have the hood of your clitoria removed it can cause so much pain sometimes due to bruising, splitting where the skin was removed. It can get very painful sometimes, especially during sex when too much friction causes the healed scar to split open and peeing becomes a problem. Your clitoria may be accidently snipped when cutting the prepuce. Unequal cutting of the labia etc. This is just the minor ones... The ones where the whole vulvaria has been cut off and sewn is the worst. Can cause difficulty during sex and child birth which can cause fistula problems......inability to enjoy sex etc.

But honestly, even if you have had the worst done to you, you will be able to enjoy sex if you want to. Your mind is a very powerful tool.
Re: FEMALE CIRCUMCISION: What Are The Side Effects? by kandiikane(m): 1:22am On Sep 01, 2014
3cycle:
Pukes....
The circumcised and uncircumcised "ifedi" are both ugly, and none of those will ever come near me.
Hmm? Really?

*wonders*

Hi cheesy
Re: FEMALE CIRCUMCISION: What Are The Side Effects? by Nobody: 7:33am On Sep 01, 2014
kandiikane:
Hmm? Really?

*wonders*

Hi cheesy
Re: FEMALE CIRCUMCISION: What Are The Side Effects? by bebe2(f): 11:19am On Sep 01, 2014
kandiikane:

Not true...depends...

Op depending on what you have done I won't generally recommend it unless it's by choice. Again, depending on what you have done it can actually end up making your inna labia pretty if you were destined for the long, hanging outside the outer labia one... grin

Apart from that, even if you have the hood of your clitoria removed it can cause so much pain sometimes due to bruising, splitting where the skin was removed. It can get very painful sometimes, especially during sex when too much friction causes the healed scar to split open and peeing becomes a problem. Your clitoria may be accidently snipped when cutting the prepuce. Unequal cutting of the labia etc. This is just the minor ones... The ones where the whole vulvaria has been cut off and sewn is the worst. Can cause difficulty during sex and child birth which can cause fistula problems......inability to enjoy sex etc.

But honestly, even if you have had the worst done to you, you will be able to enjoy sex if you want to. Your mind is a very powerful tool.

Hmmmmm

For a man u to know too much about this topic wink
Re: FEMALE CIRCUMCISION: What Are The Side Effects? by urchbarbie(f): 12:32pm On Sep 01, 2014
true! ur knowlege of dis ish get a1. nice tho.
kandiikane:

Not true...depends...

Re: FEMALE CIRCUMCISION: What Are The Side Effects? by crackhaus: 1:09pm On Sep 01, 2014
3cycle:
Am alright! undecided
Okay..
Re: FEMALE CIRCUMCISION: What Are The Side Effects? by crackhaus: 1:12pm On Sep 01, 2014
bebe2:

Hmmmmm

For a man u to know too much about this topic wink

Lol.. Indeed a man wouldn't know that much unless he was a doctor or something.

Kandiikane's female grin

Re: FEMALE CIRCUMCISION: What Are The Side Effects? by kandiikane(m): 1:40pm On Sep 01, 2014
crackhaus:
Lol.. Indeed a man wouldn't know that much unless he was a doctor or something.

Kandiikane's female grin

grin and who told you? Are you my gynecologist? cheesy
Re: FEMALE CIRCUMCISION: What Are The Side Effects? by kandiikane(m): 1:55pm On Sep 01, 2014
urchbarbie: true! ur knowlege of dis ish get a1. nice tho.

Madam I use to be embarrassed about it but not anymore and I can now openly speak of my experience. I carried myself go do am at age 8 because of the promises of banana and milk after seeing them gathering my mates. My mother locked me in the house but I got myself out and regretted it the moment I was cut. I expected bananas and milk lol. Anyhow I never knew why it was done but growing up I realised how lucky I was because my area didn't do the major cutting and sewing or cutting off the whole clitoria. Honestly, I think my one was done quite nicely(can't say the same for majority) except for the tiny accidental snipping. The annoyance of having to deal with bruising and splitting is my only problem and the pain when I have to wee but apart from that I have managed to enjoy sex the way another woman with everything intact can.

I remember arguing with MrbrownJay couple of years back on how it was impossible for one to enjoy sex or have an orgasm with a guy but if I knew what I know now that argument would never had taken place.
Re: FEMALE CIRCUMCISION: What Are The Side Effects? by Royver(m): 4:23pm On Sep 01, 2014
Simply put:

There are 5types of female circumcision.

1. Marking or cutting a piece of the clit0ris. This has no side effects and the woman can still have orgasms.

2. Cutting off the entire clit0ris. Orgasm is more difficult but still possible. Minimal side effects.

3. Cutting off the labia minora or 'inner lips'. Scarification marks lead to urination issues and tears during childbirth.

4. Cutting off the labia majora or 'outer lips'. Realise that this means the inner lips and clit0ris are cut off as well. The female can bleed to death. Healing will bring scars making sex, urinating, and childbirth difficult. Childbirth is almost impossible and the woman will be advised to do C/S. If she goes the normal way she should expect serious tears in her privates.

5. Cutting off the introitus or entrance to the privates. This includes the whole privates plus some extra skin from both sides. This is the worst. The woman can bleed to death. Sex is mostly painful. Urination can be severely complicated. Childbirth through the vagina is totally out of the question. No sane doctor will allow it.

Apart from this, the act itself can lead to HIV transmission from using shared blades, tetanus, infection and a very nasty thing commonly seen in the north called vvf(the woman leaks urine continuously)

Female circumsicion is one cultural practice that has been successfully abolished in Nigeria. I use the word successfully because although one or two people might still practice it, it is very vary rare compared to how it was in the past.

Re: FEMALE CIRCUMCISION: What Are The Side Effects? by crackhaus: 4:35pm On Sep 01, 2014
kandiikane:

grin and who told you? Are you my gynecologist? cheesy
I wouldn't think twice if you requested me for the job grin
Re: FEMALE CIRCUMCISION: What Are The Side Effects? by YourCoffin: 4:56pm On Sep 01, 2014
MrsAwesome: Depending on the level of scar or structures chopped off, it causes difficulty in second stage of labour like prolonged second stage, obstructed labour, some likely avoidable episiotomies, perineal & anal tear, and other complications.
It caused bilateral episiotomies for me which took time to heal.

What language is this, nne? Biko, come down to our level oO! I need to be schooled in this thing.
Re: FEMALE CIRCUMCISION: What Are The Side Effects? by kandiikane(m): 7:29pm On Sep 01, 2014
crackhaus:
I wouldn't think twice if you requested me for the job grin

You can pay me to request for your services sha cheesy grin
Re: FEMALE CIRCUMCISION: What Are The Side Effects? by crackhaus: 8:23pm On Sep 01, 2014
kandiikane:

You can pay me to request for your services sha cheesy grin
No problem, but on the condition that this transaction be made face to face.

My people will contact your people to fix an appointment grin
Re: FEMALE CIRCUMCISION: What Are The Side Effects? by Nobody: 11:55pm On Sep 01, 2014
bebe2:

CORRECT!!!

Very clever, weldone grin

Was that what you saw in your crystal ball?

Mistakes Married Women Makes In Bed!!!(photo) / Should I Introduce My Son To His Father? / After All These Years I'm Absolutely Broken Hearted