Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,414 members, 7,800,864 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 08:09 AM

I'm Jealous! So What?? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I'm Jealous! So What?? (7656 Views)

Who Is God Jealous Of? / Kidnappers Tell Pastor They Were Sent To Kill Him By ‘jealous Pastors’ / Why Is God A Jealous God? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I'm Jealous! So What?? by Bvsteph: 4:01pm On Aug 31, 2014
Lol. ok. But it's ok to love my boyfriend so much that i get jealous if he looks at another right?
Sanchez01:
Before you turn the Scriptures upside down,I must explain some things; yes, God is jealous and His is a product of love. He wants us to serve Him and Him alone and none other. Just like we get involved with our partners and want them to love us alone. Your kind of jealous is not a product of love, it revolves around material things. You must understand the two. Material things are vain and as such, being jealous over them will only cause us to hate those who are succeeding while evil and hatred grows in our heart.

Your jealous is not for a soul, rather, for material things. And do you know what we call them? COVETOUSNESS!

#Shalom!
Re: I'm Jealous! So What?? by Bvsteph: 4:03pm On Aug 31, 2014
He didn't? We are supposed to be like God..right?
gift01: If its good, the Lord through the Bible would have told us so
Re: I'm Jealous! So What?? by jmoore(m): 4:04pm On Aug 31, 2014
Bvsteph: Erm... i don't grab, pls break it down

Go and read it again, I have modified it.
Re: I'm Jealous! So What?? by BodyKiss(m): 4:05pm On Aug 31, 2014
Everyone seems to be a spiritualist in this country, brains are used no more. Mother setting daughter on fire with the belief of burning out the witch in her, grown up man slapping a minor, and majority sees nothing wrong with it.
Re: I'm Jealous! So What?? by Sanchez01: 4:05pm On Aug 31, 2014
Bvsteph: Lol. ok. But it's ok to love my boyfriend so much that i get jealous if he looks at another right?
Sure, because that in itself, is a product of love.
Re: I'm Jealous! So What?? by Jealouzzy(m): 4:20pm On Aug 31, 2014
Bvsteph: As Christians, we can be Jealous right? We can be Jealous about our brother getting a car and we have nothing, we can be Jealous when our family gives much more attention to one sibling than the whole lot, we can be Jealous when our bestfriend is focusing on another instead of us. Jealousy is a product of love...right?

Exodus 20: 5 and so many other passages tell us about God being Jealous. If God is a Jealous God, then who are we 'NOT' to be Jealous?

Pls continue after the cut

Lets break it down into bits

1. Is Jealousy a product of Love....Yes or No?

it is a product of love when it is positive I.e when it seek the face and not selfish or self will, but,
it is not a product of love when it seek the downfall of another.

Bvsteph: 2. God is our ultimate model. The one we must follow, the one true, and perfect and holy being. If God can be Jealous, then we can too?... Is being Jealous Right or Wrong?

right
Bvsteph:
A. If it's right, then why do most people leave a relationship because their partners are "too Jealous"? Why can't we all see it as a good thing not a bad thing?
the jealous in a love affair of two kind
1. bodily jealous: I.e jealous based on lust and not love. is the type that do not want to be repaid back in the same coin he/she sold out. the man who perpetrate evil by sword will scream when he sees another person holding sword.
2. the agape jealous: jealous that is not destructive but constructive and always positive.
so by now you know the type of jealous that breaks a relationship.
Re: I'm Jealous! So What?? by Nobody: 4:26pm On Aug 31, 2014
Jealousy is normal just like every other emotion. It's the expression of it that can make someone do what can be termed as sinful.
Re: I'm Jealous! So What?? by Bvsteph: 4:34pm On Aug 31, 2014
Thanks! makes lots of sense! One more question though,you talked about it being wrong between boyfriend and girlfriend, don't u think u r referring to "under ideal situation?" So if you do get jealous over ur girlfriend/fiancee ...that's a sin?

jmoore:

Go and read it again, I have modified it.
Re: I'm Jealous! So What?? by Bvsteph: 4:35pm On Aug 31, 2014
hmmm....ok!
Sanchez01:
Sure, because that in itself, is a product of love.
Re: I'm Jealous! So What?? by Bvsteph: 4:38pm On Aug 31, 2014
There's agape jealousy?....That is 'Unconditional' jealousy? Pls break it down
Jealouzzy:

it is a product of love when it is positive I.e when it seek the face and not selfish or self will, but,
it is not a product of love when it seek the downfall of another.

right

the jealous in a love affair of two kind
1. bodily jealous: I.e jealous based on lust and not love. is the type that do not want to be repaid back in the same coin he/she sold out. the man who perpetrate evil by sword will scream when he sees another person holding sword.
2. the agape jealous: jealous that is not destructive but constructive and always positive.
so by now you know the type of jealous that breaks a relationship.
Re: I'm Jealous! So What?? by Rexnegro(m): 4:53pm On Aug 31, 2014
There's notin wrong in been jealous , but There's something wrong been jealous when u go out of way to commit a crime all because u re jealous ? Like me I don't criticize a pastor who drink beer or alcohol,cos the bible said drink but don't be what ? Drunk...so when u drink/jealous notin bad or wrong but when u drink/jealous and u get drunk/crime then its wrong... Hope say I make sense o
Re: I'm Jealous! So What?? by canalily(m): 4:56pm On Aug 31, 2014
...who is a christian...what are the qualities of christian....?
Re: I'm Jealous! So What?? by Bvsteph: 5:04pm On Aug 31, 2014
Yea, though it's hard to drink without getting drunk though
Rexnegro: There's notin wrong in been jealous , but There's something wrong been jealous when u go out of way to commit a crime all because u re jealous ? Like me I don't criticize a pastor who drink beer or alcohol,cos the bible said drink but don't be what ? Drunk...so when u drink/jealous notin bad or wrong but when u drink/jealous and u get drunk/crime then its wrong... Hope say I make sense o
Re: I'm Jealous! So What?? by Nobody: 5:17pm On Aug 31, 2014
Jealousy has nothing to do with religion. It is an individual thing.
Re: I'm Jealous! So What?? by Nobody: 5:19pm On Aug 31, 2014
There's something called 'godly jealousy' (2nd Corinthians 11:2).. Any other jealousy could be sin
Re: I'm Jealous! So What?? by Teespice(f): 5:21pm On Aug 31, 2014
Ceasar1: Forget Religion.

As a Human being, You have the right to be jealous. It's a perfectly normal ish to every normal Human being like every emotion.

What is wrong is to be extremely jealous because that will cause bitter resentments and harmful destructions which is not right at all - Shalom.

simple and short

no long story
Re: I'm Jealous! So What?? by Orikinla(m): 5:21pm On Aug 31, 2014
Jealousy begets envy and envy begets bitterness and bitterness begets hatred and hatred begets wickedness. And finally wickedness brings destruction of the virtues of life.
Re: I'm Jealous! So What?? by Nobody: 5:23pm On Aug 31, 2014
If God himself can be a jealous God, who are we as humans not to be jealous
Re: I'm Jealous! So What?? by DaBullIT(m): 7:00pm On Aug 31, 2014
Nice writeup good question but you can't compare spirit with human .

God is a spirit , Man is human , you can't compare the moral of the almighty with human morals. Most humans are jealous for stupid human emotions God does not have those selfish human feelings

Finally asking why God can be jealous and you can't implies that you and God are on the same level , equals , mates and God hates that
Re: I'm Jealous! So What?? by AdeniyiA(m): 7:12pm On Aug 31, 2014
Envy and Jealousy have to be properly differentiated here.
Jealousy is often expressed concerning/towards whom you truly loves but shares his/her love with someone or something else. OR what you own nd truly love but does not appreciate your commitments attracts jealousy.
But is envy, if not contained within acceptable levels could be dangerous nd deadly. it entails wishing someone or something that belongs to another to be yours at all cost...
Re: I'm Jealous! So What?? by Olusanya333(m): 7:16pm On Aug 31, 2014
Make i ask "What is Jealousy?"
Re: I'm Jealous! So What?? by Nobody: 7:28pm On Aug 31, 2014
Bin jealous is a feeling..what matters is the way u control ur self

1 Like

Re: I'm Jealous! So What?? by Bvsteph: 7:38pm On Aug 31, 2014
We are all spirit beings, created in God's own image and likeness. Infact what is unseen is more real than the physical bodies we are seeing right now. Am in no way saying am equals with God. But the bible says, "Be ye holy as I am holy" We are supposed to take God as our example and walk in his steps...that's like where am coming from
DaBullIT: Nice writeup good question but you can't compare spirit with human .

God is a spirit , Man is human , you can't compare the moral of the almighty with human morals. Most humans are jealous for stupid human emotions God does not have those selfish human feelings

Finally asking why God can be jealous and you can't implies that you and God are on the same level , equals , mates and God hates that
Re: I'm Jealous! So What?? by Bvsteph: 7:44pm On Aug 31, 2014
Makes sense
AdeniyiA: Envy and Jealousy have to be properly differentiated here.
Jealousy is often expressed concerning/towards whom you truly loves but shares his/her love with someone or something else. OR what you own nd truly love but does not appreciate your commitments attracts jealousy.
But is envy, if not contained within acceptable levels could be dangerous nd deadly. it entails wishing someone or something that belongs to another to be yours at all cost...
Re: I'm Jealous! So What?? by radiant3(f): 7:49pm On Aug 31, 2014
Jealousy is not a product of love.being jealous is not a hallmark of a practicing christian,it is one of the works of flesh cos jealousy is the kid sister of envy although it is natural for every human being to be jealous bt once u giv ur life to christ,u need the help of d holyspirit to overcome dat evil spirit called jealousy.
Re: I'm Jealous! So What?? by Bvsteph: 8:47pm On Aug 31, 2014
Are you serious? It's an evil spirit? Didn't know that
radiant3: Jealousy is not a product of love.being jealous is not a hallmark of a practicing christian,it is one of the works of flesh cos jealousy is the kid sister of envy although it is natural for every human being to be jealous bt once u giv ur life to christ,u need the help of d holyspirit to overcome dat evil spirit called jealousy.
Re: I'm Jealous! So What?? by flipflop(f): 8:48pm On Aug 31, 2014
Bvsteph: As Christians, we can be Jealous right? We can be Jealous about our brother getting a car and we have nothing, we can be Jealous when our family gives much more attention to one sibling than the whole lot, we can be Jealous when our bestfriend is focusing on another instead of us. Jealousy is a product of love...right?

Exodus 20: 5 and so many other passages tell us about God being Jealous. If God is a Jealous God, then who are we 'NOT' to be Jealous?

Pls continue after the cut

Lets break it down into bits

1. Is Jealousy a product of Love....Yes or No?

2. God is our ultimate model. The one we must follow, the one true, and perfect and holy being. If God can be Jealous, then we can too?... Is being Jealous Right or Wrong?

A. If it's right, then why do most people leave a relationship because their partners are "too Jealous"? Why can't we all see it as a good thing not a bad thing?

B. If it's wrong, then why is God a Jealous God? God whose footsteps we must follow, can be Jealous, and He says it boldly and shows it, yet we that are His own should not? If it's right with God then why is it wrong with man? Aren't we created in God's likeness and image?
no! You are not to be jealous, pple who exhibit such trait and its likes will not inherit heaven (Gal 5: 19-21). If you start to think abt what other people have that you are yet to have, then start praising God who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all you can ask or think according to the power that works in you( Eph 3:20). Refuse to be jealous!
Re: I'm Jealous! So What?? by kamo2930yahoo(f): 9:06pm On Aug 31, 2014
What about the jealousy that makes a wife go through her husband's phone and facebook and then deletes his ex numbers or annoying facebook or whatsapp messages? Is it okay to protect your husband from female admirers when you feel he might fall for their messages and calls?
Re: I'm Jealous! So What?? by Bvsteph: 9:26pm On Aug 31, 2014
Good question! I hope we get an answer
kamo2930yahoo: What about the jealousy that makes a wife go through her husband's phone and facebook and then deletes his ex numbers or annoying facebook or whatsapp messages? Is it okay to protect your husband from female admirers when you feel he might fall for their messages and calls?
Re: I'm Jealous! So What?? by knowledge4(m): 9:37pm On Aug 31, 2014
Read the book of Numbers Chapter 5 for the answer
Re: I'm Jealous! So What?? by solidman59(m): 12:26am On Sep 01, 2014
DammyMADBOI. Nothing to learn frm this post
dammymadboi: Mumu.it not right for anybody to be jealous

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Atheism Is A Mental Illness :charles Darwin, Sigmund Freud, Thomas Henry Huxley / Atheists Who Believe In The Supernatural Please Come In(discussion) / Catholism- Focus On Relics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.