Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,579 members, 7,809,098 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:05 PM

I'm Jealous! So What?? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I'm Jealous! So What?? (7658 Views)

Who Is God Jealous Of? / Kidnappers Tell Pastor They Were Sent To Kill Him By ‘jealous Pastors’ / Why Is God A Jealous God? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I'm Jealous! So What?? by noholdsbarred(m): 8:21am On Sep 01, 2014
Christians are not robots programmed to act in a particular way. They are human beings making the effort to live in a particular way, which means that from time to time, they would fall. But the trick is to stand up each time the Christian falls and to continue the race. A Christian ought to guard his/her heart from jealousy which means that jealously will come at some point in time but the Christian should learn to overcome such tendencies when they come.
Re: I'm Jealous! So What?? by Emblj: 11:33am On Sep 01, 2014
Exodus 20:5 Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me;

When you read the bible out of context, you end up somersaulting the scripture. Godbbeoping a jealous God means HE shares HIS glory with no one or thing. With our new recreated human spirit, we are love beings having the nature of God which is love. Hence, jealously is not in our nature. However, if one is tempted with jealousy, you better rebuke it and confess your love nature immediately.
God's holiness is not deniable and HIS faithfulness is not negotiable.
Re: I'm Jealous! So What?? by gaczee99: 1:46pm On Sep 01, 2014
God is a jealous God in that he doesnt want us to serve another god. Not like being envious of someone's achievement. jealousy gives rise to bitterness, and bitterness gives rise to strife. We should instead be happy wen we see our fellows progressing having a knowledge that in due time our own blessing will come to us. Jealousy also results to coveteousness and all diz aint good for a christain. So a christain shouldnt be jealous do any reason whatsoever.
Re: I'm Jealous! So What?? by krayzieklay(m): 2:15pm On Sep 01, 2014
Ceasar1: Forget Religion.

As a Human being, You have the right to be jealous. It's a perfectly normal ish to every normal Human being like every emotion.

What is wrong is to be extremely jealous because that will cause bitter resentments and harmful destructions which is not right at all - Shalom.

Lol @ ur signature. #true
Re: I'm Jealous! So What?? by tinydev56: 4:21pm On Sep 01, 2014
Its allowed....
Re: I'm Jealous! So What?? by Edusouls(m): 5:01pm On Sep 01, 2014
Christians re the most jealous, most envious, most back stabbers, so learn that today if u haven't...
Re: I'm Jealous! So What?? by babystathopoulos: 5:48pm On Sep 01, 2014
Edusouls: Christians re the most jealous, most envious, most back stabbers, so learn that today if u haven't...
What's there to learn na.. Those are church goers not Christians

@topic the jealousy used to describe God is different from the context of human jealousy. @op stop getting it twisted to suit your desire. Yes, we all need to be like God, but there are so many aspect God wants us to be like him and the one which sums it up is LOVE.
God is describe jealous because He loves us, He doesn't want us to worship idols that brings nothing but condemnation.

The question you need to ask yourself as a human, when you are jealous of someone or anything does it come out of love? Example your friend/bro bought a car are you jealous because you are afraid he might ve accident cos he/she is carefree OR because you feel you deserve to have the car rather(envy).

Conclusion: God wants us to live our life in the spirit and not in the flesh.
Re: I'm Jealous! So What?? by Nobody: 5:58pm On Sep 01, 2014
Gal 5:19-23
Re: I'm Jealous! So What?? by souljaboi51(m): 8:11pm On Sep 01, 2014
dammymadboi: Mumu.it not right for anybody to be jealous
tell me you havnt been jealous before. ofcourse we all have been at certain points in our lives. the major issue is how well you handle it.
Re: I'm Jealous! So What?? by damesilver(m): 9:03pm On Sep 01, 2014
jealousy is not a fruit of the spirit.
Re: I'm Jealous! So What?? by Franky9584(m): 8:00am On Sep 02, 2014
Christian or not, jealousy z inbuilt but ur ability 2 control it z wot matas
Re: I'm Jealous! So What?? by SenatorJames(m): 8:16pm On Sep 02, 2014
I think jealous in the context of marital relationship is acceptable to some extent, but when it is on something that does not belong to you, it becomes envy (sinful)
Re: I'm Jealous! So What?? by Bvsteph: 5:51pm On Sep 04, 2014
Very well answered. Thanks!
noholdsbarred: Christians are not robots programmed to act in a particular way. They are human beings making the effort to live in a particular way, which means that from time to time, they would fall. But the trick is to stand up each time the Christian falls and to continue the race. A Christian ought to guard his/her heart from jealousy which means that jealously will come at some point in time but the Christian should learn to overcome such tendencies when they come.
Re: I'm Jealous! So What?? by Bvsteph: 5:53pm On Sep 04, 2014
Confess your love nature? Don't grab
Emblj: Exodus 20:5 Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me;

When you read the bible out of context, you end up somersaulting the scripture. Godbbeoping a jealous God means HE shares HIS glory with no one or thing. With our new recreated human spirit, we are love beings having the nature of God which is love. Hence, jealously is not in our nature. However, if one is tempted with jealousy, you better rebuke it and confess your love nature immediately.
God's holiness is not deniable and HIS faithfulness is not negotiable.
Re: I'm Jealous! So What?? by Bvsteph: 5:55pm On Sep 04, 2014
Make sense
babystathopoulos:
What's there to learn na.. Those are church goers not Christians

@topic the jealousy used to describe God is different from the context of human jealousy. @op stop getting it twisted to suit your desire. Yes, we all need to be like God, but there are so many aspect God wants us to be like him and the one which sums it up is LOVE.
God is describe jealous because He loves us, He doesn't want us to worship idols that brings nothing but condemnation.

The question you need to ask yourself as a human, when you are jealous of someone or anything does it come out of love? Example your friend/bro bought a car are you jealous because you are afraid he might ve accident cos he/she is carefree OR because you feel you deserve to have the car rather(envy).

Conclusion: God wants us to live our life in the spirit and not in the flesh.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

God Does Not 'EXIST' / Baptism Of The Holy Spirit. Sermon And Prayer Points By Pastor E A Adeboye / Open Matured Discussion Among Religions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.