Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,194 members, 7,780,332 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 12:37 PM

Some Funny Things That Bring Atheists And Christians Together - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Some Funny Things That Bring Atheists And Christians Together (1034 Views)

Some Funny Memes That Tell Bible Stories / 5 Funny Things Pastors Do On The Pulpit. / Atheists And Their Stupidity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Some Funny Things That Bring Atheists And Christians Together by TheBigUrban2: 3:51pm On Aug 31, 2014
1. Anti-tithe Crusade
Atheists and non-tithing christians usually join forces to promote awareness against tithe-hustlers who keep many of their members in perpetual poverty/enslavement

2. Anti-terrorism task-forcing
As our muslim brothers are usually silent when it comes to solutions against Boko haram menace, it is left for the christans and atheists to criticise and constructively give solutions to stop the boko haram attacks.

3. Football tribalism
Chelsea fans dey craze? Who be Arsene Wenger? grin grin!!! You can see an atheist and a christian blasting each other in the religion section, only to later be chatting about football in the chatbox or on the sports section. They even become friends if they support the same club. However, the beef might be worse if they support different clubs

4. GEJ. bashing.
It doesn't matter whether you are a christian, pagan or satan worshipper in Nigeria. Our leaders have failed us with their corrupt ways. You will find everyone agreeing that our leader has to do more. #bring back our girls GEJ!!!!

5 Likes

Re: Some Funny Things That Bring Atheists And Christians Together by Djicemob: 4:23pm On Aug 31, 2014
On point
Re: Some Funny Things That Bring Atheists And Christians Together by Nobody: 4:34pm On Aug 31, 2014
An atheist does not believe in anything, but believes that he does not believe in nothing.
Re: Some Funny Things That Bring Atheists And Christians Together by TheBigUrban2: 4:51pm On Aug 31, 2014
adeitoro: An atheist does not believe in anything, but believes that he does not believe in nothing.

My guy, either say something related to the topic or something factual or just keep qiiet

6 Likes

Re: Some Funny Things That Bring Atheists And Christians Together by MizMyColi(f): 5:37pm On Aug 31, 2014
Atheists and Progressive Christians have more in common
Re: Some Funny Things That Bring Atheists And Christians Together by Nobody: 6:02pm On Aug 31, 2014
MizMyColi: Atheists and Progressive Christians have more in common
Which one are you?

2 Likes

Re: Some Funny Things That Bring Atheists And Christians Together by TheBigUrban2: 6:11pm On Aug 31, 2014
MizMyColi: Atheists and Progressive Christians have more in common

True talk. It is easier to get along with those who are relaxed with their religion.

3 Likes

Re: Some Funny Things That Bring Atheists And Christians Together by MizMyColi(f): 6:18pm On Aug 31, 2014
softsparkyy:
Which one are you?
cheesy LoL.....Some days, I'm sure, other days, I'm not. I'm still gathering my thoughts. Albeit, I'm happy to admit too, that I have a primordial misconception of reality. Until I figure it out, I think it's in order to say......I don't know embarassed
Re: Some Funny Things That Bring Atheists And Christians Together by Nobody: 6:34pm On Aug 31, 2014
But what I said is a fact; did they believe in anything?

TheBigUrban2:

My guy, either say something related to the topic or something factual or just keep qiiet
Re: Some Funny Things That Bring Atheists And Christians Together by TheBigUrban2: 6:51pm On Aug 31, 2014
adeitoro: But what I said is a fact; did they believe in anything?

What you said was a lie born out of ignorance wink
Atheists disbelieve in God. There are many other things to believe in.
Re: Some Funny Things That Bring Atheists And Christians Together by Nobody: 7:00pm On Aug 31, 2014
I am not lieing.
The atheist I know believe that anything you believe in and sought for is your god, they don't believe in science nor humanity.
Thus they believe in nothing

TheBigUrban2:

What you said was a lie born out of ignorance wink
Atheists disbelieve in God. There are many other things to believe in.
Re: Some Funny Things That Bring Atheists And Christians Together by Nobody: 7:05pm On Aug 31, 2014
TheBigUrban2: 1. Anti-tithe Crusade
Atheists and non-tithing christians usually join forces to promote awareness against tithe-hustlers who keep many of their members in perpetual poverty/enslavement

2. Anti-terrorism task-forcing
As our muslim brothers are usually silent when it comes to solutions against Boko haram menace, it is left for the christans and atheists to criticise and constructively give solutions to stop the boko haram attacks.

3. Football tribalism
Chelsea fans dey craze? Who be Arsene Wenger? grin grin!!! You can see an atheist and a christian blasting each other in the religion section, only to later be chatting about football in the chatbox or on the sports section. They even become friends if they support the same club. However, the beef might be worse if they support different clubs

4. GEJ. bashing.
It doesn't matter whether you are a christian, pagan or satan worshipper in Nigeria. Our leaders have failed us with their corrupt ways. You will find everyone agreeing that our leader has to do more. #bring back our girls GEJ!!!!

Your list looks more like a work exclusively designed for the atheists and christians on NL and Nigeria.

These people move along nicely on the real life, they only get to exhibit their indiscretion and incivility on this forum.

Some of my colleagues at work place are either atheist or agnostic. Do I have to avoid 'em just cos I'm a christian? Hell NO! I dont even have to skim through the pages of the Bible to see what view it holds about socializing with a non-christian. I dont have to, we both are humans, we both are employees, we're working to get paid, we're literally on the same wavelength.

I know many of them where I live. I've got some as my friends. We interract nicely and live as humans. The mutual relationship is there.

It shouldn't be a big deal. That we are presenting diverging views shouldn't call for some silly segregation.

Your ability to handle all sorts of humans defines how mature you are - that's how I see it.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Some Funny Things That Bring Atheists And Christians Together by TheBigUrban2: 7:22pm On Aug 31, 2014
AirborneLacer:

Your list looks more like a work exclusively designed for the atheists and christians on NL and Nigeria.

These people move along nicely on the real life, they only get to exhibit their indiscretion and incivility on this forum.

Some of my colleagues at work place are either atheist or agnostic. Do I have to avoid 'em just cos I'm a christian? Hell NO! I dont even have to skim through the pages of the Bible to see what view it holds about socializing with a non-christian. I dont have to, we both are humans, we both are employees, we're working to get paid, we're literally on the same wavelength.

I know many of them where I live. I've got some as my friends. We interract nicely and live as humans. The mutual relationship is there.

It shouldn't be a big deal. That we are presenting diverging views shouldn't call for some silly segregation.

Your ability to handle all sorts of humans defines how mature you are - that's how I see it.

What are you saying?

The average Nigerian christian is a bigot towards atheist in real life.

If you dont believe me, say "God doesnt exist" at a busy bus stop
Re: Some Funny Things That Bring Atheists And Christians Together by Nobody: 7:38pm On Aug 31, 2014
TheBigUrban2:

What are you saying?

The average Nigerian christian is a bigot towards atheist in real life.

If you dont believe me, say "God doesnt exist" at a busy bus stop

''Average Nigerian Christian'' you say.

The enlightened Christian would certainly say same thing about the ''Average Atheist''.

It all doesn't make sense, both parties have got their flaws.

None is better than the other, I hope you know that?

1 Like

Re: Some Funny Things That Bring Atheists And Christians Together by TheBigUrban2: 7:44pm On Aug 31, 2014
AirborneLacer:

''Average Nigerian Christian'' you say.

The enlightened Christian would certainly say same thing about the ''Average Atheist''.

It all doesn't make sense, both parties have got their flaws.

None is better than the other, I hope you know that?

1. The average nigerian christian is a bigot
2. The average nigerian atheist is a bigot

Only one statement is true. And that is number 1.

You are comparing apples to oranges. When it comes to beliief, an atheist does not have the religious baggage a christian has

1 Like

Re: Some Funny Things That Bring Atheists And Christians Together by Nobody: 7:58pm On Aug 31, 2014
TheBigUrban2:

1. The average nigerian christian is a bigot
2. The average nigerian atheist is a bigot

Only one statement is true. And that is number 1.

You are comparing apples to oranges. When it comes to beliief, an atheist does not have the religious baggage a christian has

Why should I take an assertion that reeks of deductive reasoning serious?

This is your view, your very opinion, dont shove it down people's throat - I pray thee.

1 Like

Re: Some Funny Things That Bring Atheists And Christians Together by Nobody: 7:58pm On Aug 31, 2014
Re: Some Funny Things That Bring Atheists And Christians Together by TheBigUrban2: 8:15pm On Aug 31, 2014
AirborneLacer:

Why should I take an assertion that reeks of deductive reasoning serious?

This is your view, your very opinion, dont shove it down people's throat - I pray thee.

Assertion?

lol....all one needs to take a good look at Nigeria.

The statement that "the average Nigerian christian is a bigot" is very evident. Only a Nigerian christian or a clueless person would see the statment as an opinion rather than fact
Re: Some Funny Things That Bring Atheists And Christians Together by Nobody: 8:25pm On Aug 31, 2014
TheBigUrban2:

Assertion?

lol....all one needs to take a good look at Nigeria.

The statement that "the average Nigerian christian is a bigot" is very evident. Only a Nigerian christian or a clueless person would see the statment as an opinion rather than fact

Whatever suits you.
Re: Some Funny Things That Bring Atheists And Christians Together by TheBigUrban2: 8:29pm On Aug 31, 2014
AirborneLacer:

Whatever suits you.

Not whatever suits me. Your ignorance is why I fear for this country.

Gay people in Nigeria face 14 years imprisonment. Majority of christians on nairaland and other media cheered for the anti-gay law.

Yet, tools like you choose not to see the bigotry.

#Go and think
Re: Some Funny Things That Bring Atheists And Christians Together by MizMyColi(f): 8:55pm On Aug 31, 2014
TheBigUrban2:

#Go and think
I take it you meant to say "People"? If otherwise, enlighten me please?
Re: Some Funny Things That Bring Atheists And Christians Together by uzoexcel(m): 8:55pm On Aug 31, 2014
in midair on an airplane which goes through serious turbulence with a likelihood of plane crash or there's a fault with the plane engine;both xtians and atheists call on God. grin grin grin grin

when it happened to me i called on every God i knew..Jesus, allah, mohammed, thor, amadioha, krishna.... angry angry angry angry

till now i m not sure of the one that saved me
Re: Some Funny Things That Bring Atheists And Christians Together by Nobody: 9:04pm On Aug 31, 2014
TheBigUrban2:

Not whatever suits me. Your ignorance is why I fear for this country.

Gay people in Nigeria face 14 years imprisonment. Majority of christians on nairaland and other media cheered for the anti-gay law.

#Go and think

It's funny how you try to ignore the calls for an e-fight yet some retarded ninnies keeps pushing for it.

I'm advicing you, I'm the very last person you'd want to pick up a fight with on this board.

You dont have to shove your assertion down anyone's throat, If the average Nigerian christian is a bigot, it's exclusively your opinion and it's not mandatory that I'd have to subscribe to it.

And If you ever try to run your gob at me again, I'd make sure you're crushed into minuscules bits this evening.

Respect yourself.

1 Like

Re: Some Funny Things That Bring Atheists And Christians Together by TheBigUrban2: 9:05pm On Aug 31, 2014
MizMyColi: I take it you meant to say "People"? If otherwise, enlighten me please?

A "tool" can refer to

-a foolish person
-a douchebag
-an annyoing person
Re: Some Funny Things That Bring Atheists And Christians Together by TheBigUrban2: 9:07pm On Aug 31, 2014
AirborneLacer:

It's funny how you try to ignore the calls for an e-fight yet some retarded ninnies keeps pushing for it.

I'm advicing you, I'm the very last person you'd want to pick up a fight with on this board.

You dont have to shove your assertion down anyone's throat, If the average Nigerian christian is a bigot, it's exclusively your opinion and it's not mandatory that I'd have to subscribe to it.

And If you ever try to run your gob at me again, I'd make sure you're crushed into minuscules bits this evening.

Respect yourself.

ooooh.....I am so scared of your threat.

What are you going to do? Lobotomise me with your ignorance?
Re: Some Funny Things That Bring Atheists And Christians Together by MizMyColi(f): 9:23pm On Aug 31, 2014
TheBigUrban2:

A "tool" can refer to

-a foolish person
-a douchebag
-an annyoing person
Your not specifying means you think he is all of the three or at least one of those.
I've subconsciously followed your posts on this board and seeing you resort to insults in an argument doesn't look good on your e-personality, to me at least.

I feel somewhat pained too, seeing as the "tool" here is one Nlder who means a lot to me.

Now that I've spoken my mind, it's now in order to say -
Thank You.
&
I forgive you.

1 Like

Re: Some Funny Things That Bring Atheists And Christians Together by Nobody: 9:24pm On Aug 31, 2014
TheBigUrban2:

ooooh.....I am so scared of your threat.

What are you going to do? Lobotomise me with your ignorance?

No, I'd take the liberty to immolate your lawd-forsaken parents for ever having a hand in the unfortunate existence of an Ill-bred who reeks of dyslexia.

1 Like

Re: Some Funny Things That Bring Atheists And Christians Together by TheBigUrban2: 9:27pm On Aug 31, 2014
MizMyColi: Your not specifying means you think he is all of the three or at least one of those.
I've subconsciously followed your posts on this board and seeing you resort to insults in an argument doesn't look good on your e-personality, to me at least.

I feel somewhat pained too, seeing as the "tool" here is one Nlder who means a lot to me.

Now that I've spoken my mind, it's now in order to say -
Thank You.
&
I forgive you.

Well, he is not all three. It was an "either/or/and" situation.

I find him annoying. Just one definition.

Why is he annoying? He actually is ignorant about christian bigotry in nigeria, but he chooses to call it a mere opinion.

Bigotry and discrimination against atheists is something i take personally. Woe betide any tool that trivializes it angry
Re: Some Funny Things That Bring Atheists And Christians Together by TheBigUrban2: 9:28pm On Aug 31, 2014
AirborneLacer:

No, I'd take the liberty to immolate your lawd-forsaken parents for ever having a hand in the unfortunate existence of an Ill-bred who reeks of dyslexia.

Wow!! so many colourful words....did you really spend 15 minutes trying to put it together? grin grin

1 Like

Re: Some Funny Things That Bring Atheists And Christians Together by MizMyColi(f): 9:46pm On Aug 31, 2014
TheBigUrban2:

Why is he annoying? He actually is ignorant about christian bigotry in nigeria, but he chooses to call it a mere opinion.

Bigotry and discrimination against atheists is something i take personally. Woe betide any tool that trivializes it angry
But then undecided you can do better, I think
Re: Some Funny Things That Bring Atheists And Christians Together by Nobody: 9:55pm On Aug 31, 2014
TheBigUrban2:

Your kind are better off fed to the polar bear cos you possess a one digit IQ that impedes your reasoning.

When you asserted that the average Nigerian christian is a bigot, I replied that there's every chance that an enlightened christian would also assert that the average Nigerian atheist is a bigot, that both parties have got their flaws to address.

When an atheist present a claim that religious lot are just unintelligible set of humans who are blindfolded not to see the truth, lot who are sheepishly travelling on a line leading nowhere. Lot whose lives are controlled by dogmas, is such atheist not exerting acts of bigotry?

It's a good logic, one that makes for a good debate but you felt you've got the gob to hurl insults at me.

I'd pardon you for a reason, you're obviously seeking for cheap attention, alas I am not the guy to present you with such stardom.

2 Likes

Re: Some Funny Things That Bring Atheists And Christians Together by TheBigUrban2: 11:40pm On Aug 31, 2014
AirborneLacer:

Your kind are better off fed to the polar bear cos you possess a one digit IQ that impedes your reasoning.

When you asserted that the average Nigerian christian is a bigot, I replied that there's every chance that an enlightened christian would also assert that the average Nigerian atheist is a bigot, that both parties have got their flaws to address.

When an atheist present a claim that religious lot are just unintelligible set of humans who are blindfolded not to see the truth, lot who are sheepishly travelling on a line leading nowhere. Lot whose lives are controlled by dogmas, is such atheist not exerting acts of bigotry?

It's a good logic, one that makes for a good debate but you felt you've got the gob to hurl insults at me.

I'd pardon you for a reason, you're obviously seeking for cheap attention, alas I am not the guy to present you with such stardom.

1) An enlightened person can never claim that the average nigerian atheist is a bigot because he would have a hard time proving it. Also, the very few Nigerian atheists we know are actually some of the best minds nigeria has (Tai Solarin, Soyinka, Leo Igwe etc)

2) I never ever, referred to all christians as a collective sheepish lot....I didnt generalise. I did not talk about all christians in Nigeria. I clearly mentioned the average Nigerian christian. Have you looked at the IQ of the average Nigerian, talkless of the average Nigerian christian.

3) How could I possibly be the one looking for attention? You are on my thread, are you not?

(1) (Reply)

U.K. Govt Commission Investigates Pastor Oyakhilome - by Attorney Patryk Utulu / Wake Up!!, The Enemy Is Here: A Clarion Call To All Christians / HBD 2 Pastor Tunde Bakare (founder Latter Rain Assembly)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.