Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,377 members, 7,800,758 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 06:00 AM

[A Must Read)nigerian Graduates Are “frustrated & Hopeless” - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / [A Must Read)nigerian Graduates Are “frustrated & Hopeless” (526 Views)

Why Do Nigerian Graduates Dread (or Is It Hate) Marketing/sales Jobs? / 30k Monthly Salary For Nigerian Graduates, Scholarship For All, Just Register / "Foreign Trained Graduates Are Not Necessarily Better" - Nimi Akinkugbe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

[A Must Read)nigerian Graduates Are “frustrated & Hopeless” by Mtoluwase(m): 4:26pm On Aug 31, 2014
Hope Aiyo, a self-described “jobless Nigerian graduate,” penned an article entitled The Cry of a Frustrated Graduate. The article focuses on the problems of Nigerian youths and the reluctance of Nigerian government agencies to address the multiple issues.
I would like to reach out to the concerned government agencies to inform them of the problems that Nigerian graduates have to face
every day. I want to believe that this write-up will reach the concerned people in power. And maybe, after reading this, they will take actions.

It pains me to see how most of the multinational organizations hide under the umbrella of outsourcing agencies. Thus, they are able to extort the strength of the helpless and hungry Nigerian graduates. They do this while smiling to the bank with billions. The majority
of these organizations, however, claim they are youth-friendly. Despite these claims, young Nigerian graduates are dying of joblessness.

Therefore, I think the Nigerian Labour law needs to be reviewed. Relevant agencies must understand that Nigerian graduates have the right to work in their own country.
I am urging Chief Emeka Ngozi Wogu, Nigerian Federal Minister of Labour and Productivity, to address these issues, together with the
Manufacturers Association of Nigeria.

The normal system of education in Nigeria is 6-3-3-4. Couple this with the usual hardships associated with the university environment.
Having all this in mind, I have trouble imagining a Nigerian graduate who, after all of this, settles for an outsourced sales job for
N25,000 in a company that declares more than N20 billion in dividends at the end of the year.
Nigeria is blessed with decent energetic youths ready to give their last strength for the progress of this country.

I am calling on the Nigerian youths, the Nigerian graduates. All hands must be on deck to have a country we can call our own.
President Goodluck Jonathan, Sir, please listen to our cry. Honourable Minister of Labour, Mr. Wogu, we are begging!

Why do you think Nigerian graduates face so many problems with empoyment? Is there a solution to the issue?
Re: [A Must Read)nigerian Graduates Are “frustrated & Hopeless” by Nobody: 5:58pm On Aug 31, 2014
Free Ebook On How To Make Money With Facebook

Get Your Golden Bonus For The Week
Hello friend,
If you have missed my free golden book on how to make money on Facebook. You can mail me here koya.olayinka@gmail.com for the golden eBook.

Happy Weekend,

Till I Come Your Way Next Week.

Cheers

Koya Olayinka

(1) (Reply)

Genuine Leather Shoes/loafers In Port Harcourt. View Pics! / Top 4 Challenges For Recruiters / Career Choice:please Help Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.