Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,289 members, 7,807,980 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:05 AM

Opinion: My 1001 Problems With Nollywood By Sanchez01 - TV/Movies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Opinion: My 1001 Problems With Nollywood By Sanchez01 (18905 Views)

Help With Nollywood Movies Sound Track / The Problem With Nollywood / The Real Problem With Nollywood (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Opinion: My 1001 Problems With Nollywood By Sanchez01 by Elzends(m): 8:37am On Sep 05, 2014
9ja movie kee!!! I'd rather watch naruto till the last episode...

1 Like

Re: Opinion: My 1001 Problems With Nollywood By Sanchez01 by rhames(m): 12:01pm On Sep 05, 2014
tonyayo1: O.P, nice write up...

But my question is, why do Nigerians judge NW using our bad products. You're not the first to say it and you can never be the last, I've retired from criticising the old NW because me and you can't change it or will I say change them the producers, 'cause they know that they suck but refuses to change 'cause they're making their money and we the Nigerians are the ones patronising them, the producers that understand what making good movies is all about diverts to new NW, the examples you gave about storytelling, character wise etc are all 100% visible in old NW movies, but can hardly be seen in new NW, you can't see aki and paw paw playing those roles you made mentioned in new NW, the people that doesn't know what is happening in the industry are the ones criticising them 'cause they're still watching crappy movies. If you really want to know the people that criticises NW thinking they know something about the industry, just ask them whether they know O.C Ukeje, Anthony Monjero etc the Actor that were made via new NW. The only way to stop these mediocrity in the industry are 1., we should stop watching any direct to video movies tagged old NW, which is impossible or 2., building upto a thousand cinemas in Nigeria, then you'll see how the crappy movie will die off instead of having 99% crappy movies, it'll be the other way round.

One well organised script can change the entire industry.

We cant beat the Francophone in that aspect because they are far better with new technology than we are.
Re: Opinion: My 1001 Problems With Nollywood By Sanchez01 by gustav25: 1:54pm On Sep 05, 2014
safarigirl: ha! That one is even worse. I haven't watched an Indian movie in over 8 years, it's just not realistic for someone to be walking down the road in one minute, singing and dancing in the next and before you know it, the entire street is dancing with him.

you know nothing bout Bollywood
Re: Opinion: My 1001 Problems With Nollywood By Sanchez01 by Komex(m): 2:28pm On Sep 05, 2014
I think if you review a movie and state what you think is wrong with it, the directors and producers will surely take note...goto www.fimvillage.com and rate and review african movies and let the world hear your voice.

Fimvillage: No. 1 African Movie Social Network

1 Like

Re: Opinion: My 1001 Problems With Nollywood By Sanchez01 by safarigirl(f): 3:08pm On Sep 05, 2014
gustav25: you know nothing bout Bollywood
not interested. Indians know nothing of Nollywood, I'm not inclined to give a shiiit about street dancers and impromptu singers
Re: Opinion: My 1001 Problems With Nollywood By Sanchez01 by Consigliere(m): 5:46pm On Sep 05, 2014
Funding and getting experts in areas like sound,editing,color grading,designs...and other stuffs..are just few of the problems we have.....And believe me its not easy to make a movie in nigeria..
Re: Opinion: My 1001 Problems With Nollywood By Sanchez01 by Teddygurl(f): 6:42pm On Sep 05, 2014
I so agree, I don't watch NW 4 anything, bt wen I saw Kunle's movies, I was really impressed, d camera setting, d storyline, if only we can get more of that, NW would b worth boasting abt... Its true some HW movies are predictable too bt all d same dia ar things abt dem dat kips u glued 2 d screen
Re: Opinion: My 1001 Problems With Nollywood By Sanchez01 by gustav25: 11:18am On Sep 06, 2014
safarigirl: not interested. Indians know nothing of Nollywood, I'm not inclined to give a shiiit about street dancers and impromptu singers
just try them and see the sweetness of films

1 Like

Re: Opinion: My 1001 Problems With Nollywood By Sanchez01 by Nobody: 10:32pm On Sep 13, 2014
homesteady: did I just see speedyboi? shocked shocked #removes slippers and dash off! You are a ghost!
lol....I'm not a ghost oooo cheesy cheesy

sholay2011:
Thank God we can agree on something grin grin
lol...do I disagree with you before ni?
Re: Opinion: My 1001 Problems With Nollywood By Sanchez01 by sternosa: 12:56pm On Jun 16, 2016
Asides the issues listed in the first post, there are still quite a number of issues that Nollywood (the Nigerian film industry) needs to resolve. Firstly, the issue of piracy is gradually killing the entertainment industry as a whole. Producers are losing profits from nearly every direction due to this issue. Another major concern is the poor editing of our movies. Some of our movies look like they have been edited by amateur editors giving our movie industry a bad name as a whole. More so, censoring is another major issue. Despite being guided by the National Film and Video's censors board, our censoring still needs to be worked on. I've watched movies on countless occasion where words are not properly censored and the last not the least is the lack of government support. If there was consistent support from the government in our industry, we would be better equipped and the final product of the shooting will be superb. However, i still commend the industry for their little but rapid improvements in the last years.
Nkumah Doris
Caleb University

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ghanian Delegates Visit Nigeria Over Ban Of Movies / BBNaija: Adekunle Wins Head Of House / David McCallum: NCIS And The Man From U.N.C.L.E Actor Dies Aged 90

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.