Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,911 members, 7,802,964 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 05:42 AM

Dog Meat Kills Five In Cross River - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Dog Meat Kills Five In Cross River (32353 Views)

2 All D Dog Meat Lovers: Dog Meat Kills Five In Cross River / News/photos Chaos On Ajah Road In Lagos As Trailer Kills Five School Children / Cholera Kills Five In Sokoto (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dog Meat Kills Five In Cross River by Eyop: 6:14pm On Aug 31, 2014
PapiWata:

Yes, Eyop, you are correct in identifying the Ondo people as being very fond of dog meat, which is named "Lokilii" in that neck of the woods. It is very rare to see a roaming stray dog in any town where the flesh of such house-pets is regarded as a delicacy, and when dogs are spotted, they walk around in a constant state of high alert, glancing over their shoulders every few seconds, their ears straining to hear those feared words "Ebuwa" or "Lokiili" either of which means it is time to break into a run for dear life.

It is high time that lovers of dog meat from ALL geographical sectors of Nigeria form a unifying body to direct and synchronize their activities with respect to their shared dietary preference. If I may, I would like to suggest that the new organization devoted to eating dog meat should be called something along the lines of " The Lokiili-Ebuwa Dog Eater's Alliance."

Am glad you are voicing out and now more people are aware of this. Are you from Ondo State?
Re: Dog Meat Kills Five In Cross River by Lucasbalo(m): 6:16pm On Aug 31, 2014
justi4jesu:

We are talking about here in Nigeria and not Abroad.
Got you.
Re: Dog Meat Kills Five In Cross River by PapiWata: 6:17pm On Aug 31, 2014
Eyop:

Am glad you are voicing out and now more people are aware of this. Are you from Ondo State?

Let us just say that I am an HONORARY citizen of Greater Ondo, and a dedicated follower of the Lokiili tradition handed down for our betterment by our fore-fathers.
Re: Dog Meat Kills Five In Cross River by Eyop: 6:19pm On Aug 31, 2014
PapiWata:

Let us just say that I am an HONORARY citizen of Greater Ondo, and a dedicated follower of the Lokiili tradition handed down for our betterment by our fore-fathers.

cheesy grin grin grin. Your DP na wa oooh
Re: Dog Meat Kills Five In Cross River by Nobody: 6:20pm On Aug 31, 2014
dog or snake? since when has dog started eating raw egg

1 Like

Re: Dog Meat Kills Five In Cross River by Rostel2: 6:23pm On Aug 31, 2014
Smh
Re: Dog Meat Kills Five In Cross River by twopointtwo: 6:24pm On Aug 31, 2014
MisterLongman: Yawa dey ooo..... The man that laced the eggs with gamallin 20 should be charged for manslaughter.
Na dog be d man's target.
Re: Dog Meat Kills Five In Cross River by M4gunners: 6:37pm On Aug 31, 2014
Wickedness, becauae of ordinary egg, the owner now took 5 lives.Is becauae our Laws are not been respected.
Re: Dog Meat Kills Five In Cross River by DeZoro(m): 6:38pm On Aug 31, 2014
Na waoo, is dog meat a meat to eat? This is message to those who eat everything except human being. Ok oo May their rest in peace
Re: Dog Meat Kills Five In Cross River by Fash20: 6:43pm On Aug 31, 2014
Guy u wicked ooo
Sike: LoL. Are they deaf and Blind?? Aku'tuku won lona Orun.
Re: Dog Meat Kills Five In Cross River by LaRoyalHighness(f): 6:44pm On Aug 31, 2014
Too Bad...
Re: Dog Meat Kills Five In Cross River by Joel3(m): 6:55pm On Aug 31, 2014
what I suspects is that the owner of the egg start noticing the disappearance of their eggs. And might report to the owner of the dog. Maybe the owner of the dog doesn't do anything about it.

since your animal is disturbing my animal And poison the egg to get to the culprit.

But why will someone eat is own dying dog?
Re: Dog Meat Kills Five In Cross River by san316(m): 6:59pm On Aug 31, 2014
And it is said, ''A dog that liveth by egg shalt die the egg''(wetin concern dog with egg sef) ''and the man that liveth by dog meat, shalt die by same''
Re: Dog Meat Kills Five In Cross River by pigin: 7:06pm On Aug 31, 2014
ahnie: Dogs dont eat Raw Eggs.
my dog does!!!
Re: Dog Meat Kills Five In Cross River by emmasky90(m): 7:06pm On Aug 31, 2014
i stl de observe
Re: Dog Meat Kills Five In Cross River by san316(m): 7:18pm On Aug 31, 2014
Ekundayo7:
Probably because he is relying on the chicken eggs for his own household food. If someone's dog was eating my chickens or their eggs I would have issue with that and try to reach an agreement with the owner of the dog. Surely they must have know that eating dog meat is delicacy and poisoning the dog might lead to other deaths? Sorry for them, RIP.
have u guys tot of d possibility that the owner of the egg thought it was a snake that eats the eggs, hence, his decision to use poison. That apart o, me even the dog no eat egg, i go still poison am. Well... i won't sha, i've tried but i can't.
Re: Dog Meat Kills Five In Cross River by nsydear: 7:26pm On Aug 31, 2014
rest in peace. but de egg owner no try
Re: Dog Meat Kills Five In Cross River by 100Cents: 7:36pm On Aug 31, 2014
MisterLongman: Yawa dey ooo..... The man that laced the eggs with gamallin 20 should be charged for manslaughter.

Are you being funny or just ignorant ?

Intestine of dog indeed ? The flesh no do.

Dog wey dey chop excreta..
Re: Dog Meat Kills Five In Cross River by Nobody: 7:42pm On Aug 31, 2014
epospiky: And yet they'll not stop eating dog meat. I wonder if to them, there are no other widely accepted variety of meat. BTW RIP.

are you saying that people should stop eating dogs because someone foolishly ate a dying/poisoned dog?!

purplesummer: It's sheer wickedness for a neighbour to kill/poison another's dog, now his wickedness has caused much more harm than he ever anticipated.
Chai, Calabar people and J5 sha. I was nearly initiated into eating it

if dog owner was warned to keep his dog away, and he didnt, then a man has the right to protect his livelihood the best he see fit. the joke is on the greedy foolish man who sees a dying dog and eats, without wondering why it was dying.

the man who poisoned the dog should not be charged with anything, its just an unfortunate accident.
Re: Dog Meat Kills Five In Cross River by nero2face: 7:43pm On Aug 31, 2014
.....not manslaughter,..its a murder case...
Re: Dog Meat Kills Five In Cross River by 100Cents: 7:44pm On Aug 31, 2014
psucc: Death everywhere.
Sorry that over 2 generations are gone.
The problem now is: what will be the charge for the owner of the egg?

Nothing bro.

He didn't poison anyone.

The mistake came from eating the intestines of a sick animal.

I don't even fancy intestines of any animal even agric chicken..

Thank God it was not Ebola. My mind ran wild on seeing the topic..
Re: Dog Meat Kills Five In Cross River by Nobody: 7:44pm On Aug 31, 2014
Nigerian journalists never attended school. Their articles are so humiliating.

A feeling of "grieve".

And they also put the most horrific, debasing, exposing pictures in their articles, so whenever you google image search anything about Nigeria, you want to cover your face in shame. Corpses, bloody, missing body parts. Open nudity.

Nigeria needs journalistic standards.

3 Likes

Re: Dog Meat Kills Five In Cross River by Uteghe(m): 7:46pm On Aug 31, 2014
They probably didn't wash the dog meat well before cooking. Dog meat remains a delightful delicacy anyday. The deaths may also be masterminded by witches or Ebola.
Re: Dog Meat Kills Five In Cross River by Wisdytech(m): 7:51pm On Aug 31, 2014
kai! I thought earlier that it is EBOLA!!! God is great
Re: Dog Meat Kills Five In Cross River by gatiano(m): 7:56pm On Aug 31, 2014
dog is not for food in the first place. the meats allowed for consumption are the cows and best the sheep and lamb.
Re: Dog Meat Kills Five In Cross River by Ekundayo7: 7:56pm On Aug 31, 2014
san316: have u guys tot of d possibility that the owner of the egg thought it was a snake that eats the eggs, hence, his decision to use poison. That apart o, me even the dog no eat egg, i go still poison am. Well... i won't sha, i've tried but i can't.
True true. I can't find fault with the man unless he didn't try to reason with the owner of the dog, or maybe he didn't know the dog had owner. It's just sad.
Re: Dog Meat Kills Five In Cross River by TWEETFELLA: 8:05pm On Aug 31, 2014
PapiWata: The man at least died as hero among lovers of dog meat, known in his neck of the woods as "Ebuwa" meat. Matter of fact it would not be surprising at all if the victim of this dhoggie dinner comes to be remembered with reverence and fondness, as a veritable patron saint of dog meat eaters in Calabar, Nigeria and beyond.

This die-hard lover of dog meat did not let his enthusiasm to score a free meal of his favorite dish be dampened by the high risk of poisoning with the same powerful insecticide used to kill the dog he elected eat as "punishment" for bad behavior.

Well, all told, it is indeed a dog-eat-dog world out there, though I am, well, dogged and hounded by the troubling thought that the consuming love for one's favorite dish can in fact be a far GREATER motivating force for some special people, than the very will to live, whereby hard-core connoisseurs of filet-dogghie would willingly consume dog stew made from a poisoned animal, as a means of demonstrating their single-minded dedication to a cause.

Now that, ladies and mentalmen, is an illustration of true loyalty and faithfulness to a Higher Calling, literally to one's last breath.

Long live the Late Eater of Dog, for he is now at the right hand of God, devouring yet more dog stew from a golden, diamond-studded chalice, up beyond the sky.
. All dis for dog meat. I wish i cld write like this.
Re: Dog Meat Kills Five In Cross River by Nobody: 8:15pm On Aug 31, 2014
PapiWata: The man at least died as hero among lovers of dog meat, known in his neck of the woods as "Ebuwa" meat. Matter of fact it would not be surprising at all if the victim of this dhoggie dinner comes to be remembered with reverence and fondness, as a veritable patron saint of dog meat eaters in Calabar, Nigeria and beyond.

This die-hard lover of dog meat did not let his enthusiasm to score a free meal of his favorite dish be dampened by the high risk of poisoning with the same powerful insecticide used to kill the dog he elected eat as "punishment" for bad behavior.

Well, all told, it is indeed a dog-eat-dog world out there, though I am, well, dogged and hounded by the troubling thought that the consuming love for one's favorite dish can in fact be a far GREATER motivating force for some special people, than the very will to live, whereby hard-core connoisseurs of filet-dogghie would willingly consume dog stew made from a poisoned animal, as a means of demonstrating their single-minded dedication to a cause.

Now that, ladies and mentalmen, is an illustration of true loyalty and faithfulness to a Higher Calling, literally to one's last breath.

Long live the Late Eater of Dog, for he is now at the right hand of God, devouring yet more dog stew from a golden, diamond-studded chalice, up beyond the sky.
LWTMB
Re: Dog Meat Kills Five In Cross River by Kingdomstar: 8:16pm On Aug 31, 2014

Guy, may God 4give u!
Re: Dog Meat Kills Five In Cross River by emiye(m): 8:35pm On Aug 31, 2014

You dey yarn opata, come dey goldplate am.
Re: Dog Meat Kills Five In Cross River by Psylas(m): 8:39pm On Aug 31, 2014
segzyj: This story is somehow......, if it real, is the egg in the raw form or boiled?, How many quantity of the so called gamallin 20 can be laced into an egg in it raw or boiled form?..... Is the Dog meet not cooked before eating it?........ I dey smell somtin for dis tori
they eat the intestine too
Re: Dog Meat Kills Five In Cross River by Tinyemeka(m): 8:40pm On Aug 31, 2014
segzyj: This story is somehow......, if it real, is the egg in the raw form or boiled?, How many quantity of the so called gamallin 20 can be laced into an egg in it raw or boiled form?..... Is the Dog meet not cooked before eating it?........ I dey smell somtin for dis tori

Erm... I don't know about Gamalin 20 sha, but not all chemicals will be neutralized by heat.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Ayoade Olatunbosun-Alakija BBC Interview On Omicron COVID In South Africa / Postinor 2 / I Need A Very Big Peni*s Pleas Please

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.