Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,790 members, 7,802,488 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:21 PM

Breaking News: Chelsea Sign Loïc Rémy From QPR On A Four-year Deal - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Breaking News: Chelsea Sign Loïc Rémy From QPR On A Four-year Deal (514 Views)

Breaking News: Chelsea Appoints A New Manager / BREAKING NEWS: Chelsea Sacks Mourinho / See The Man Teslim Balogun Stadium Lagos Was Named After At QPR,UK In 1957(pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Breaking News: Chelsea Sign Loïc Rémy From QPR On A Four-year Deal by dealeh: 4:57pm On Aug 31, 2014

Loic Remy Loïc Rémy has signed a four-year deal to join Chelsea from QPR. Photograph: John Walton/PA

Chelsea have signed the QPR striker Loïc Rémy on a four-year deal. Chelsea triggered a £10.5m release clause in his contract on Saturday lunchtime and he was subsequently left out of their squad to face Sunderland.

“I feel very happy and very proud. When I heard Chelsea wanted to sign me I said ‘let’s go’ straight away because they are one of the best clubs in the world,” said Rémy. “I remember the amazing atmosphere at Stamford Bridge when I played there for Marseille and I can’t wait to play for the first time in front of my new fans.”

There were reports that Arsenal were also interested in signing the striker but decided not to pursue the deal any further.

Rémy joined QPR from Marseille in January 2013, scoring six goals in 14 games, as Rangers were relegated from the Premier League. He spent the 2013/14 campaign on loan at Newcastle United, where he scored 14 goals.

He played in QPR’s first two league games this season but not in their Capital One Cup defeat by Burton Albion, so remains eligible to play for Chelsea in all competitions. A deal to Liverpool earlier this summer fell through after it was thought that Rémy failed a medical.

READ MORE: http://www.zoomnaija.com/2014/08/chelsea-sign-loic-remy-qpr-four-year-deal

(1) (Reply)

James Rodriguez Voted Sexiest Man Of 2014 / James Rodriguez Voted Sexiest Man Of 2014!!! / Nigerian Football: Election To Nollywood

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.