Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,302 members, 7,780,706 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 08:07 PM

If you love car racing(interstate) you need to be here - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / If you love car racing(interstate) you need to be here (19942 Views)

Man Who Represented Nigeria In Dubai Auto Racing Returns After His Car Crashed / As A New Driver, Can I Attempt Interstate Roads? / Abuja Street Car Racing Gallery/discussions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If you love car racing(interstate) you need to be here by ZeusAyo: 7:43am On Sep 05, 2014
teebell90: Not with the construction work going on there now as well as the junctions like that of Lugbe where some pedestrians try to prove James bond when crossing the road instead of use the pedestrian bridge. #UgonnaStepOnYaBrakesSoHardAtSuchSpot

Still hopeful that we get a racing circuit in Nigeria soonest. smiley

there is Λ reasonable stretch from city gate to the space centre before you reach the construction sites. Yea and I seriously hope that Λ government would take motor sports seriously and setup tracks in @list 6 states of the federation

1 Like

Re: If you love car racing(interstate) you need to be here by Denn(m): 9:34am On Sep 05, 2014
ZeusAyo: there is Λ reasonable stretch from city gate to the space centre before you reach the construction sites. Yea and I seriously hope that Λ government would take motor sports seriously and setup tracks in @list 6 states of the federation

a yoruba proverb aptly translated says 'a man wey never chop bellefull no dey do belleful play'.
Re: If you love car racing(interstate) you need to be here by ZeusAyo: 11:05am On Sep 05, 2014
Denn:

a yoruba proverb aptly translated says 'a man wey never chop bellefull no dey do belleful play'.

lol!! I have raced Λ chrysler crossfire from city gate to space centre on Λ sunday morning before although the guy beat me, it waz interesting. Its good to have Λ little bit of adrenaline pumped into ones blood sometimes
Re: If you love car racing(interstate) you need to be here by Denn(m): 11:14am On Sep 05, 2014
ZeusAyo: lol!! I have raced Λ chrysler crossfire from city gate to space centre on Λ sunday morning before although the guy beat me, it waz interesting. Its good to have Λ little bit of adrenaline pumped into ones blood sometimes

Yes...but i will never go into a nuclear war and be armed with a cutlass.

i pick my fights carefully...lol.

i love interstate contests...lagos to ibadan...abeokuta to lagos. The distance and hold-ups even out engine and car differences. Its more of the driver than the cars.

sorry for derailing...

1 Like

Re: If you love car racing(interstate) you need to be here by ZeusAyo: 1:31pm On Sep 05, 2014
Denn:

Yes...but i will never go into a nuclear war and be armed with a cutlass.

i pick my fights carefully...lol.

i love interstate contests...lagos to ibadan...abeokuta to lagos. The distance and hold-ups even out engine and car differences. Its more of the driver than the cars.

sorry for derailing...
concerning your first statement, I was driving Λn X6 but I still don't know why the dude beat me but dude interstate races are 60% car and 40% driver because I cannot be driving Λ challenger and you Λn EOD i4 then you beat me never
Re: If you love car racing(interstate) you need to be here by Denn(m): 3:03pm On Sep 05, 2014
ZeusAyo: concerning your first statement, I was driving Λn X6 but I still don't know why the dude beat me but dude interstate races are 60% car and 40% driver because I cannot be driving Λ challenger and you Λn EOD i4 then you beat me never

I will beat you with my 1.4l kia Rio on lagos to ibadan.

Remember I chose a 1.4l kia Rio...

Whenever you are ready for the challenge, let me know

1 Like

Re: If you love car racing(interstate) you need to be here by Coldplay007(f): 3:23pm On Sep 05, 2014
Denn:

Lol... How can that be possible? you are banking on the narrow section btw lagos and shagamu, right?
He will beat your toycar joor.. all he needs is to follow you patiently till you get to sagamu then floor the gas.. you won't see his brake light till you get to tollgate..
Then you race on a sunday morning.. 9-10pm...
Re: If you love car racing(interstate) you need to be here by Denn(m): 3:34pm On Sep 05, 2014
Coldplay007:
Lol... How can that be possible? you are banking on the narrow section btw lagos and shagamu, right?
He will beat your toycar joor.. all he needs is to follow you patiently till you get to sagamu then floor the gas.. you won't see his brake light till you get to tollgate..

Lol @toycar ish.

I am banking on the whole track.

I am banking on a lot of other variables that are not present in a drag race.

It is not only about speed... In fact it is never about your 0 to 100kmph umph.

I won't say much.... And don't forget my maximum speed for this whole stretch would be 160kmph.

Yet, I would still win or at most drag into ibadan together.

A 100k bet in addition.

2 Likes

Re: If you love car racing(interstate) you need to be here by nurey(m): 3:35pm On Sep 05, 2014
Coldplay007:

As hilarious as that is the funny thing is the kia and the driver will be straining and frowning themselves while the chairman in the challenger will be cool and the car urging him for more speed at sagamu to abeokuta, it will just be a story of challenger tele-porting to abeokuta.
But I bet my 2010 for mustang fastback with 855hp V8 turbocharged multi injector natural combustion sequential module. You go fear
Re: If you love car racing(interstate) you need to be here by ZeusAyo: 3:39pm On Sep 05, 2014
Denn:

when I get my challenger, and happen to be in Lag, I would mail you and race. Make sure you bring your girlfriend along*winks*
Re: If you love car racing(interstate) you need to be here by Denn(m): 3:42pm On Sep 05, 2014
ZeusAyo: when I get my challenger, and happen to be in Lag, I would mail you and race. Make sure you bring your girlfriend along*winks*

I am married.

Make sure you have comprehensive insurance

2 Likes

Re: If you love car racing(interstate) you need to be here by ZeusAyo: 3:43pm On Sep 05, 2014
nurey:

As hilarious as that is the funny thing is the kia and the driver will be straining and frowning themselves while the chairman in the challenger will be cool and the car urging him for more speed at sagamu to abeokuta, it will just be a story of challenger tele-porting to abeokuta.
But I bet my 2010 for mustang fastback with 855hp V8 turbocharged multi injector natural combustion sequential module. You go fear

lol........for your mind abi

1 Like

Re: If you love car racing(interstate) you need to be here by Denn(m): 3:49pm On Sep 05, 2014
nurey:

When did your 2000 model sienna turn to a Mustang?

It's lagos to ibadan.... And you won't pass through abeokuta.

You need to learn the route first... I can't look for a missing adult. We are still looking for chibok girls

3 Likes

Re: If you love car racing(interstate) you need to be here by ZeusAyo: 3:50pm On Sep 05, 2014
Denn:

I am married.

Make sure you have comprehensive insurance
*lmao!!*I like dis dude

2 Likes

Re: If you love car racing(interstate) you need to be here by nurey(m): 3:56pm On Sep 05, 2014
Denn:

When did your 2000 model sienna turn to a Mustang?

When innoson started making luxury and fastest car in the world.

Maybe the fastback is my challenging ride to keep speed demons in check. You want to race me abi
Re: If you love car racing(interstate) you need to be here by Denn(m): 3:58pm On Sep 05, 2014
nurey:

When innoson started making luxury and fastest car in the world.

Maybe the fastback is my challenging ride to keep speed demons in check. You want to race me abi

You have not answered.

You have a Toyota sienna yet you want to race in a Mustang...

As I said earlier, I pick my fights...

1 Like

Re: If you love car racing(interstate) you need to be here by nurey(m): 4:08pm On Sep 05, 2014
Denn:

You have not answered.

You have a Toyota sienna yet you want to race in a Mustang...

As I said earlier, I pick my fights...

Fine I won't race you with the fastback it will be no challenge and fun. But I can't race you in the sienna either not that you will beat me but not comfortable letting it do more that 120km/h. But I doubt if you can beat a sienna with that kia with less than 100hp the sienna may look bulky but that car is as fast as any v6 in its class

1 Like

Re: If you love car racing(interstate) you need to be here by Denn(m): 4:15pm On Sep 05, 2014
nurey:

Fine I won't race you with the fastback it will be no challenge and fun. But I can't race you in the sienna either not that you will beat me but not comfortable letting it do more that 120km/h. But I doubt if you can beat a sienna with that kia with less than 100hp the sienna may look bulky but that car is as fast as any v6 in its class

I will allow this fly.

Your sienna is a good car so why 'upgrade' it to a Mustang?

My kia is a mere 109hp but this is Nigeria and there is no autobahn.

Nemo dat quod non habet. angry
Re: If you love car racing(interstate) you need to be here by Denn(m): 4:15pm On Sep 05, 2014
nurey:

I will allow this fly.

Nemo dat quod non habet.
Op... Sorry for derailing
Re: If you love car racing(interstate) you need to be here by nurey(m): 4:31pm On Sep 05, 2014
Denn:

I will allow this fly.

Nemo dat quod non habet.

I didn't upgrade the sienna it is still a 184hp vehicle, the mustang was just a joke.
But I still maintain my stand from lagos to ibadan with all things been equal at a particular time the driver in the kia rio will find it hard to see the tail light of the toyota sienna because the 3.0L v6 engine at 184hp will smoke the 1.4L i3 or i4 engine at 109hp of the kia.

I remember a 2004-2009 model kia rio on lagos ibadan express way and this ABC marcapolo bus just zoomed pass it the driver lost control due to the wind speed of the ABC bus and had to stop to regain his amazement. Sorry op for derailing a little
Re: If you love car racing(interstate) you need to be here by Denn(m): 4:49pm On Sep 05, 2014
nurey:

I didn't upgrade the sienna it is still a 184hp vehicle, the mustang was just a joke.
But I still maintain my stand from lagos to ibadan with all things been equal at a particular time the driver in the kia rio will find it hard to see the tail light of the toyota sienna because the 3.0L v6 engine at 184hp will smoke the 1.4L i3 or i4 engine at 109hp of the kia.

I remember a 2004-2009 model kia rio on lagos ibadan express way and this ABC marcapolo bus just zoomed pass it the driver lost control due to the wind speed of the ABC bus and had to stop to regain his amazement. Sorry op for derailing a little

Joke accepted.

all things can never be equal,: you have the driver's to contend with, the bad roads, the traffic, the road sellers, pedestrians, understanding when to blast and when to coast on such a non-standard route.

It is not a drag race... It is not a traffic light to traffic light pull. It is 150km+ of Nigerian driving.

I am thinking of accepting your challenge and maybe the Dodge guy will Dodge the challenge and save me some fuel.... Lol

Its all fun though...

2 Likes

Re: If you love car racing(interstate) you need to be here by nurey(m): 5:30pm On Sep 05, 2014
Denn without all things been equal, you could actually beat the sienna or the challenger. But the ratio of you beating any of those cars is very very very... Slim but gets positive if the driver is a learner and a woman. Lol ;DDenn without all things been equal, you could actually beat the sienna or the challenger. But the ratio of you beating any of those cars is very very very... Slim but gets positive if the driver is a learner and a woman. Lol
Re: If you love car racing(interstate) you need to be here by ZeusAyo: 6:03pm On Sep 05, 2014
Denn: Op... Sorry for derailing
its Λ car thread bro ride on; no ‎קroblem here on my side

1 Like

Re: If you love car racing(interstate) you need to be here by ZeusAyo: 6:05pm On Sep 05, 2014
nurey:

derailing ke! You dey on track jare**winks**
Re: If you love car racing(interstate) you need to be here by ZeusAyo: 6:09pm On Sep 05, 2014
nurey: Denn without all things been equal, you could actually beat the sienna or the challenger. But the ratio of you beating any of those cars is very very very... Slim but gets positive if the driver is a learner and a woman. Lol ;DDenn without all things been equal, you could actually beat the sienna or the challenger. But the ratio of you beating any of those cars is very very very... Slim but gets positive if the driver is a learner and a woman. Lol
funny fella
Re: If you love car racing(interstate) you need to be here by Denn(m): 6:20pm On Sep 05, 2014
Hnmmmmmmmmmm.

These guys are tempting me.

Ok...

Let's make the race more even.

I will be bringing in friends bmw 540i. E39.

Its a V8.

I won't like maxing out the life in my new car. It's 30,000km and it's on loan.

However, the bmw seems formidable enough for you guys to pee in your already wet boxers.

When will the Dodge Puny... Sorry challenger be bold enough to reveal it's blushing face?

Hope you have new gasket sets for your sienna??

You might also be needing a new engine block and tranny after the Muhammed Ali trashing...

Lol...

2 Likes

Re: If you love car racing(interstate) you need to be here by ZeusAyo: 6:26pm On Sep 05, 2014
Denn: Hnmmmmmmmmmm.

Ok...

Its a V8.

However, the bmw seems formidable enough for you guys to pee in your already wet boxers.

When will the Dodge Puny... Sorry challenger be bold enough to reveal it's blushing face?

You might also be needing a new engine block and tranny after the Muhammed Ali trashing...

Lol...
this is getting more interesting I pray I get posted to Lagos soon
Re: If you love car racing(interstate) you need to be here by nurey(m): 6:38pm On Sep 05, 2014
cheesy
Denn: Hnmmmmmmmmmm.

Ok...

Its a V8.

Lol...

At the rev of the BMW, my sienna ignition will refuse to start, it will develope cold start(COLD FEET).
I will match your bmw with my friends toyota LS600h v8 2012 and then we will be even. Oya pick the place and time
Re: If you love car racing(interstate) you need to be here by Denn(m): 6:49pm On Sep 05, 2014
nurey: cheesy

At the rev of the BMW, my sienna ignition will refuse to start, it will develope cold start(COLD FEET).
I will match your bmw with my friends toyota LS600h v8 2012 and then we will be even. Oya pick the place and time

Lmao......

This is so funny bro.

from 2001 model to 2012. Haba

From Toyota to lexus

Me to I will jump.

I am taking a 2014 bmw M5.

No story.

Lol

3 Likes

Re: If you love car racing(interstate) you need to be here by teebell90: 7:17pm On Sep 05, 2014
The chrysler ought to win now, the car's body is designed to just flow through the air (streamlined) unlike the x6. #Na small i know ooh

ZeusAyo: lol!! I have raced Λ chrysler crossfire from city gate to space centre on Λ sunday morning before although the guy beat me, it waz interesting. Its good to have Λ little bit of adrenaline pumped into ones blood sometimes
Re: If you love car racing(interstate) you need to be here by teebell90: 7:30pm On Sep 05, 2014
You guys are making this thread interesting to read smiley wink. Pls beware of terrible pothole that give free access to the ultimate beyond oooh.

Will be smiling over here till you guys upgrade to the 2015 Toyota ft-1 concept hahaha!

<iframe width="854" height="510" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/b0K5Peb2EZU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b0K5Peb2EZU

Denn:

Lmao......

This is so funny bro.

from 2001 model to 2012. Haba

From Toyota to lexus

Me to I will jump.

I am taking a 2014 bmw M5.

No story.

Lol

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

A Tanker And BRT Bus Accident In Abuja This Morning / Waymo Self-driving Cars Becomes Soft Before Hitting A Pedestrian / The Most Popular Three-Wheelers Around The World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.