Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,855 members, 7,806,418 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 04:18 PM

My Reaction To The Front Page Topic: "Names Of God And Their Meanings" - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / My Reaction To The Front Page Topic: "Names Of God And Their Meanings" (6254 Views)

Names Of God And Their Meanings / Dreams And Their Meanings/ Interpretation / Top 10 Common Dreams And Their Meanings (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Reaction To The Front Page Topic: "Names Of God And Their Meanings" by PAGAN9JA(m): 7:48pm On Oct 07, 2014
abrahamic religions are just purely cursed and evil, whether intentionally or not.

3 Likes

Re: My Reaction To The Front Page Topic: "Names Of God And Their Meanings" by pureIvory(f): 8:47pm On Oct 07, 2014
PAGAN9JA:

i think what needs to be blamed is people like you who repeat the same useless argument and try to pacify and divert from the harsh reality.

Many Africans are not yet ready for a revolution. they are satisfied with the same muck they are in. it is all they have known since birth and it is the best they have ever had.

What is keeping people like you from initiating the desperately needed revolution.
You are just good in talking talking talking.
Re: My Reaction To The Front Page Topic: "Names Of God And Their Meanings" by Nobody: 12:25am On Oct 08, 2014
^^^Lol. He has already answered that question. Nigerians aren't ready for a revolution. We were born into this mess and somehow we've accepted it as normal. A premature revolution will only lead to riots. I hope I live to see the day Nigerians will unite and say enough is enough. Each time I hear about a national tragedy I say this is it, but alas.....
I'm still waiting to see how this Chibok girls fiasco will play out.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Reaction To The Front Page Topic: "Names Of God And Their Meanings" by ghostofsparta(m): 4:41am On Oct 08, 2014
-
Re: My Reaction To The Front Page Topic: "Names Of God And Their Meanings" by Nobody: 5:25am On Oct 08, 2014
ghostofsparta:
@BlackStallion
Click HERE to read my replies to your falsehood, ***expect the rest of later today as I am tired, need to go sleep now, it's already 4:35am
BlackStallion shouldn't reply to this post yet because I will replace it with replies corresponding to later posts.
LOL! I'm going to go ahead and reply anyway, thank you very much.
Falsehood? THIS IS NAIJA!!
*bicycle-kicks him into a well*
There's lots of replies down there. grin
Re: My Reaction To The Front Page Topic: "Names Of God And Their Meanings" by Nobody: 9:26am On Oct 08, 2014
ghostofsparta:
That our forefathers were dwell in trees before European came.
Read on how the cave dwellings natives were civilized.
A black African whom the Romans republic feared such that they refuse to build a statue for him as they do with their defeated enemies.
A system of government characterized by effective check and balances.
Some Europeans tribal race like the whites Briton you you've been brainwashed brought 'mirror' were still covering their genitals with animal grin. Guy, it's high time you need to start having some good rethinking.
I'm not surprise there your knowledge is limited.
Some members of an African tribes in Congo or so.
If you're are a Yoruba.
LMFAO. My brother it's as if the sleep hasn't cleared from your eyes oo!! That's just on a lighter note (try to edit your posts though, so the inferior white men don't stumble across them and laugh themselves silly. There's also no need for name calling, it just makes it look like you're ranting and raving. Try to calm down before writing).
Fantastic points though, guy I feel you. But there are some points I disagree with. The bible doesn't support your claim that civilisation started in Africa (actually it's more like Asia), neither does science. The oldest human remains were found in Africa, but that doesn't prove anything. My house is the oldest one on my street, I guess my grandpa colonised Arewa crescent wink
The stuff about advanced yoruba technology aka juju, bros I hail oo!! grin. No be small tin.
The Romans colonised the Britons, who then colonised us (same difference). If our juju technology was so advanced, how did they decimate the Zulu warriors (even though they fought so bravely), how did they enslave us and how on earth are they making us dance to their tunes? We've been under pressure by the US since we passed the anti-gay bill! Why didn't we pressurise them over the Obama-care initiative? (Signs of end times and all that)
I agree with you brother, we have a glorious past, but what of our present situation? I will say it again, anybody that does his possible best to steal money that is meant to make our lives better is less than an ape! I'm sorry if this upsets you. I'm also sorry if you're happy with how backward and primitive we are now (compared to how 'advanced' we once were)
You see the truth is Nigeria is far better than many countries, there's no doubt about that. The problem is that we have the potential to be so much more, and that's what's really pissing people off. All it takes is one sane person to become president and say look, no more nonsense. Money allocated for power generation must not be touched. Fix what needs fixing and provide funds for items needed for constant power supply! The westerners that have constant power supply, is it advanced yoruba juju they're using? Please once in a while let's be honest with ourselves. Nigeria can be one of the world powers. Apart from erosion and lead poisoning, the only natural disaster we have is our backward mentality!
I guess you're quite comfortable financially, that's why you're so complacent. You have no idea how miserable 60% of Nigerians are. How difficult is it to build refineries for Christ's sake? Just hire some US, Chinese or Russian company to do it for you if you can't! Hope you know we have refineries in Nigeria. Then they tell you things like militants keep blowing them up, or they're not sufficient to meet our demands. How will they be sufficient when almost half of it is being used to power generators?!
Oga please I don't mean to offend you, but the rest of us need a change. I refuse to let some lecherous fa'ggots in power feed me lies anymore. Enough is enough. Unfortunately until people like you agree that we need a change, we're just going to keep going round and round in circles...
Re: My Reaction To The Front Page Topic: "Names Of God And Their Meanings" by ghostofsparta(m): 12:05pm On Oct 08, 2014
-
Re: My Reaction To The Front Page Topic: "Names Of God And Their Meanings" by Nobody: 12:18pm On Oct 08, 2014
ghostofsparta:

*Reply coming*
Hurray. Not as scathing as the first one I hope? undecided
Re: My Reaction To The Front Page Topic: "Names Of God And Their Meanings" by PAGAN9JA(m): 4:52pm On Oct 08, 2014
pureIvory:

What is keeping people like you from initiating the desperately needed revolution.
You are just good in talking talking talking.

how will I initiate a revolution if there is no common consensus?

if people are always trying to speak up against you even when you have their best interests at heart?

maybe you expect me to initiate a suicide squad.

This is no way to start a revolution where there is no majority of opinion among the common masses.

4 Likes

Re: My Reaction To The Front Page Topic: "Names Of God And Their Meanings" by macof(m): 2:18pm On Oct 09, 2014
Akindarchi:
You guys make it seem like Nigerians were faring so much better before Christianity and islam was introduced . Last time I checked the people were happily pagan and deeply connected to their roots when the villages were raided by other natives on the command of their leaders to supply the slave market, many "deities" were simply warriors that had died (eg Sango), and communities fought against each other.
Anyhow, you are entitled to your butt-hurt.

Yes Nigerians were doing much more better
Kano, Oyo, Benin, Kwararafa, Ife, Nok are beautiful Kingdoms

As a Yoruba I know the downfall of Oyo came as a result of the disunity, betrayal and hatred caused by Islam...many Yorubas and high chiefs in oyo started siding the fulani because they took religion over family and nation
Even today we have the shameless oba adeyemi of oyo indulging in Islamic activities, the same Islam that was used to destroy the empire of his throne.

the same thing happened to Benin but it was christianity this time.

Wat about kano?.we all know kano is a fulani/Islamic ruled state today

That's what religion does, especially foreign religion, it breaks you and leaves you open for invaders who had previously brought the religion to you

Sango the God of Thunder is not a warrior that died...btw you do know that sango's disciples said he didn't die, why should we believe Jesus's disciples and disbelieve Sango's disciples??

Anyway There's a difference between Sango the king and sango the God of lightening and thunder

2 Likes

Re: My Reaction To The Front Page Topic: "Names Of God And Their Meanings" by macof(m): 2:20pm On Oct 09, 2014
BlackStallion:

My brother I applaud you. I'm a proud African and all that noise, but sometimes I find it very difficult to blame white people when they call blacks apes. Actually that's even an insult to apes because some black people seem to be less intelligent than apes. The fact is, we were tree dwellers when the very first European stumbled across an African. Thus we went from being primitive leaf sewing tree dwellers to 'civilised men', omitting all the prerequisite steps the white men themselves had to take to get to that level. Left to me, educating us was the worst thing they could've done to us. They should've just left us to develop at our own speed. It might've taken a few centuries, but eventually we would have gotten there. Necessity is the mother of invention, unfortunately our environment just wasn't challenging enough to 'force' us to invent things. Our own was just to hunt bushmeat and procreate, while the white men had to survive in harsh winter conditions (thus being forced to invent things like fur coats, boots etc) and hone their hunting skills because of the size of their prey and unfriendly environment.
That's why we misuse and bastardize everything. The average white man's goal is to make his 'people' (nation) superior to others, so as to lord it over them (Hitler), our own objective is to lord it over our own people, instead of looking for a means to become globally relevant. Give the average black man the choice of making his country the most powerful nation on earth or becoming a rich man, wealthy enough to look down on his neighbours and 90% will go for option 2.
That's why our leaders just steal as much money as they can and borrow some more when they're done. Do you know it doesn't make any sense for Nigeria to be poor? It's unimaginable that a country as rich as ours could be so poor. I have no problem with religion, but when it begins to suppress common sense, then it becomes an issue. Religious leaders say we should sit down in our houses and pray for God to leave heaven and come down to earth to touch our leaders, that's insane. If there's going to be a change in Nigeria, we'll need a revolution. Check the history books, it is only through revolution that progress is made. The animal instinct in us dictates we should subdue our fellow men, that's why the greeks sought out a more advanced form of leadership (and the Romans perfected it). Today, Nigerian leaders try to practice a hybrid of democracy and dictatorship. It's because there still resides a primitive animal in most africans and until we get rid of it, we're just going to keep repeating this vicious cycle. Today's youths will eventually become politicians and their corrupt fathers will tell them to embezzle public funds, then they'll indoctrinate their own children when they grow up and on and on till eternity.
Let's forget about meeting up with the rest of the world and focus on developing ourselves. We're already years behind the western world anyway, might as well use the opportunity to grow psychologically....

You proud African? grin you are a bastard slave by ur post up there
You don't even know anything about Africa...you had better take GhostofSparta's reply seriously

3 Likes

Re: My Reaction To The Front Page Topic: "Names Of God And Their Meanings" by macof(m): 2:27pm On Oct 09, 2014
pureIvory:
I think religion is not to be blamed for the atrocities going on in Nigeria and Africa in general. What should be blamed is the way people understand it.
People pray for something but they don't work towards it that's just the problem.
people use religion to cover up their evil deeds which is bad.

Even before the whites came we believed in one true God that is master to small gods and we did things for ourselves and pray to God who rewards our efforts.We had a wonderful way of living. Good leadership, good management and even inventions. No one was brainwashing us into believing in what we believed as you say the whites brainwashed us into believing in God and the commandments of God.

As a matter of fact we should be thanking the missionaries cos they were the ones who really came to our aid by teaching us unlike the colonial masters who came for their own gain. The missionaries helped stop most of our evil believes such as killing of twins etc and what we do now is say they harm us with their religion.
If you say Africans are still slaves to the white then you are saying the truth cos you are still a slave mentally even when you think you are an exception because you don't believe in religion and the way Africans think, you actually do cos if not for what you see and think of the whites and how you so much want Africans to be industrialized and developed like the whites instead of developing Africa in its own unique way so the whites will want to be like Africans.
Or have you forgotten that civilization started in Africa?
Why did we send them back to their country saying we don't need them when we end up doing things the way they do instead of doing it the African way.

Instead of saying religion did this and that why not just change the way we understand religious teachings and the way we hold the whites high.

It is only religionists and some follow follow atheists that hold whites as superior lifeforms
You see in Africa today you have jst few people who are interested in the African way, the knowledge of our ancestors
When you only care about Jewish ancestors like David, Joseph, Abraham etc. and don't know your ancestors how can know the things they knew or achieved

Christianity and Islam really set us back by implanting a sense of disgust in our own ways, our history, culture, traditions and spirituality.

Now you even have Africans saying they are descendants of Jews - many of such mad people on nairaland

2 Likes

Re: My Reaction To The Front Page Topic: "Names Of God And Their Meanings" by achi4u(m): 4:38pm On Oct 09, 2014
plaetton:

The point is that only a zombie walks around without a self-identity.

Anyone, I repeat, anyone without a cultural identity, a cultural backbone is as good as the mythical zombie.

Anyone who does not value his culture and heritage is a NOBODY, an invisible, mentally fragmented NOBODY.

Anyone who swaps his cultural heritage for imported wishy washy nonsense will undoubtably inherit a wishy washy worldview.

Any African who calls him or herself a child of Abraham or an Israelite should be sold into slavery for one glass of African palm wine. That is what that person is worth.
Bro thank you,but we have eyes but we cannot see,we have ears but we cannot hear,we also have brain but we cannot also think.
African is doomed for now.

1 Like

Re: My Reaction To The Front Page Topic: "Names Of God And Their Meanings" by Nobody: 7:12pm On Oct 09, 2014
macof:
You proud African? grin you are a bastard slave by ur post up there
You don't even know anything about Africa...you had better take GhostofSparta's reply seriously
Spear-chucker, that's the derogatory term some whites use to describe blacks. This is because some of their earliest contacts with Africans were with some 'primitive' tribes that used spears and walked around na'ked. This doesn't mean the whole of Africa was like that, that would have been impossible sine the Phoenicians and other ancient civilisations had been in contact with Africans for thousands of years before any European even dreamt of sailing to Africa.
I hope you know the meaning of 'earliest contact?' I was talking about the period they first landed on the shores of Africa, so I don't know why you're stressing Nigeria in particular, who was talking about Nigeria? The fact that parts of Africa was inhabited by primitives doesn't mean the same is true of the entire continent. Up till today there are still tribes in some remote places in Africa that walk about na'ked and use spears to hunt elephants. So don't lecture me, because you don't know anything.
My theory is that some parts of Africa came in contact with these ancient civilisations (thus the stories of medieval African exploits) while others didn't (hence the 'spear-chucking' tribes). They lived in trees to avoid wild animals, ambush prey and even intruders (some of them were cannibals). In fact, the westerners thought they were some sort of intelligent apes, they only realized their error when they heard them speaking (Humans are the only living beings on earth with the ability to speak).
I don't have time to lecture you, just go online and forget about watching la liga and action films for a few hours.
If you had any sense at all, you would have seen the thrust of my write-up was on the present situation in Nigeria, not the Origin of man or the state of prehistoric Nigeria. Sometimes I marvel at the level of ignorance prevalent in our society. Some people actually liked your post. Anyway it's not really your fault. As I said, we need to grow psychologically....
You keep on blabbing about Sango and Nigeria's ancient kingdoms. Are you saying the problems we're facing in this 21st century will be solved by worshipping Sango, or by reconstructing our old empires? I don't get what having a sense of identity has to do with corrupt leaders embezzling public funds, the decay in almost all sectors (from education to health), unemployment and the general misery more than half our population goes through just to feed. I really don't.
Please don't just rush to reply a post so that people will know you have sense, ensure whatever contributions you make are actually meaningful.
Thanks as you act accordingly brother cool
Re: My Reaction To The Front Page Topic: "Names Of God And Their Meanings" by ghostofsparta(m): 11:40pm On Oct 09, 2014
BlackStallion:
Why are you jumping back and forth in your statements? If you noticed, I was referring to the African blacks of old which you ignorantly described based on what you are programmed to think of as unclothed, tree-hopping humans, to which I hopefully clarified, only for you to now hop back with talks of how Africans of this era behave when in position of power. Hasn't it occurred to you that there is no correlation between the two. The dark-skinned Africans back then never modeled their lifestyles, believes, political ideologies and reasoning around that which is incompatible with their style of living, same with the Europeans and Asians. And please stop referring to any of the evolutionary period of hominids Africanus.

BlackStallion:
That's why we misuse and bastardize everything
So the misuse of things is only peculiar to only black Africans? FYI, it has always been part of man's nature to misuse inventions, technology and machinery and by 'bastardize', try to be specific as to what next time, or by "bastardize" if you meant - to pervert something such as the act of sex and the abuse of medicinal drugs, well last time I checked it was not black Africans who came up with pornographic industries and addiction to narcotics.

BlackStallion:
The average white man's goal is to make his 'people' (nation) superior to others
You are wrong here again, not only must you be specific of which of the white races you are talking of, Europeans(Caucasians) ? Asians(Mongoloids) ? then we'll continue from there on.

BlackStallion:
so as to lord it over them (Hitler), our own objective is to lord it over our own people, instead of looking for a means to become globally relevant.
And you still don't think Africa's problem of unscrupulous leadership etched on the same Abrahamic ideologies with which the governed citizenry are obsessed with, isn't the cause? A point I've already stressed, as outlined in my original post.

BlackStallion:
Give the average black man the choice of making his country the most powerful nation on earth or becoming a rich man, wealthy enough to look down on his neighbours and 90% will go for option 2. That's why our leaders just steal as much money as they can and borrow some more when they're done.
Wrong again, you presumed the transformation of a nation to a powerful status is predicated on "choice", no brother it isn't a matter of a 'given option' which you call "choice", but that which is born out of love and vision. However, let me ask you what I asked someone the other day. Can you take time to imagine what if it happened the other way round, such that it was our fore-forefathers who after millennia of war mongering experience who have mastered the manipulation of the human mind, decided to expand and explore, only to invade Europa, while back home in Africa are sponsoring royals, chiefs and emperors who in their seats are provided with sufficient reports of geographical information detailing natural resources and economic benefit from explorers, missionary scouts and colonialists in that order and they decided to partition Europa not according to her various distinctive ethnic groups but according to how the dark-skinned administrators felt would best serve their economic interest, will Europe be this developed today?

Before you might want to read up about the Berlin Conference and The Scramble of Africa, note that you failed to realize that there are problems African's inherited from colonialism, four centuries of Euro-America trans-Atlantic slavery and a thousand, four hundred years of sub-Saharan Arabo-Islamic enslavement of dark-skinned Africans including its countless destruction of native African societies and kingdoms to which whose influence and dominance are apparent today in several part of Africa, coupled with all the aforementioned facts is also the imposition of Abrahamic believe system and indoctrinations...are all the unseen reality that fuels our setbacks and challenges. Apart from other induced factors, slavery was nevertheless bound to happen as it was foretold by the then Ifa mystagogues, but organized religions of Abrahamic faiths are the bane that are really hindering our progression.

BlackStallion:
Do you know it doesn't make any sense for Nigeria to be poor? It's unimaginable that a country as rich as ours could be so poor. I have no problem with religion, but when it begins to suppress common sense, then it becomes an issue. Religious leaders say we should sit down in our houses and pray for God to leave heaven and come down to earth to touch our leaders, that's insane. If there's going to be a change in Nigeria, we'll need a revolution. Check the history books, it is only through revolution that progress is made. The animal instinct in us dictates we should subdue our fellow men, that's why the greeks sought out a more advanced form of leadership (and the Romans perfected it). Today, Nigerian leaders try to practice a hybrid of democracy and dictatorship. It's because there still resides a primitive animal in most africans and until we get rid of it, we're just going to keep repeating this vicious cycle. Today's youths will eventually become politicians and their corrupt fathers will tell them to embezzle public funds, then they'll indoctrinate their own children when they grow up and on and on till eternity. Let's forget about meeting up with the rest of the world and focus on developing ourselves. We're already years behind the western world anyway, might as well use the opportunity to grow psychologically....

Do you also know that - Nigeria isn't your or mine, neither is it of those who begot us?

Do you also know that - Nigeria was once a British colony forged out of an imperialistic experimentation involving the amalgamation of incompatible ethnic groups and their various sub-tribes into a slave-enabling cocoon incidental to aid neo-colonialism as it is consequential to the resumption of a once halted Arabo-Islamic domination as apparently characterized by economic strangulation through deliberate practice of corruption reflected through lack of social amenities, absence basic infrastructures, deplorable roads, unstable electricity supplies, unreliable judicial and policing system and the declining moral values associated with our socio-cultural essence, all of which are silently endorsed by the materialism-glorifying sort of Christendom that hasn't failed in it long established course of providing the sort of opium the masses need to maintain their deadened sensitivity. Consequentially, all these stunts has somehow backfired on the West in respect to religion-driven terrorism to which has earned an hater of Abrahamic religions like me the deserved terrorist status from the West because a mentally enslaved lover of Christianity like you and your fellow Islam-defending Shekau and Mutalab up north will disagree with those of us agitating for any would be leader to be make bounded to his or her promises and manifestos by swearing an oath not with the European Bible nor the middle-Eastern Quran but in the contactivated presence of twenty to thirty two of our most aggressive deities indigenous to our soil such that if after assuming office attempts any move to reverse or appease these genuinely supernatural divinities, may so, so and so befall them since the only reason for such action would be to embezzle funds meant for federal and state project, misappropriation of tax payer's and pension money, looting and siphoning of huge money loaned from international bodies and foreign countries and the investment of laundered funds into sophisticated back-owning of estates and assets in abroad by the same legislooting legislathieves, politricktians, sinators etc making up the federal government gunmens.

pureIvory:
I think religion is not to be blamed for the atrocities going on in Nigeria and Africa in general.
Religion, especially the Abrahamic ones are to be blamed for the atrocities committed by the thieving elites in Nigeria because it is the tool that enables their power to trample with impunity simply because there really no supernatural force in it that could bind them to their sworn duty. Even if there was, it wouldn't as it wasn't written for Africans but for the Jews and the Arabs living thousands of miles away.

pureIvory:
What should be blamed is the way people understand it. People pray for something but they don't work towards it that's just the problem. people use religion to cover up their evil deeds which is bad.

How else would you want our mentally enslaved people to understand these Abrahamic religions whose so called Holy Books they have elevated to such level of authority to which every aspect of their lives is measured by, thereby employed by their leaders to manipulate them? Have you ever heard about Seneca's saying "Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful"

pureIvory:

Even before the whites came we believed in one true God that is master to small gods and we did things for ourselves and pray to God who rewards our efforts.We had a wonderful way of living. Good leadership, good management and even inventions. No one was brainwashing us into believing in what we believed as you say the whites brainwashed us into believing in God and the commandments of God.
Agreed, but not Yahweh(Jehovah) and Allah

pureIvory:
As a matter of fact we should be thanking the missionaries cos they were the ones who really came to our aid by teaching us unlike the colonial masters who came for their own gain.
They are the same, only that one did the surveying and the other did the mining. Japanese saw the insidious dangers the Christian missionaries posed to their culture and believe system, hence they eliminated 44,000 of their Christian converts to send a message.

pureIvory:
The missionaries helped stop most of our evil believes such as killing of twins etc and what we do now is say they harm us with their religion.
Why do you religionists keep citing this falsehood as if it was an all-African practice? Mary Slessor campaigned against the persecution of twins by those who believe that twins were mysterious children to which one out of the two must be killed, you Africans don't go and research things properly, you all just come here to exchange falsehoods. This practice was peculiar to one particular region of the Calabar land which is part of present day Cross River State. According to a careful research I did on this subject, I learned that it was some priests who felt so threatened by the sort of unnatural powers certain of these twins exhibit that made up such creed as a means to protect their worth in those community. It was an endemic situation isolated to one particular locality which has been blown out of facts to score Christianity some cheap credits, all because some rogue priests felt unease, it . The Yorubas for instance revered twins so much that there exist an Orisha for twins, to which their essence is appeased for various reasons. The Yorubas celebrates and appreciates twins, likewise may some other major ethnic groups elsewhere in Africa you and I may not have heard of, be doing..

pureIvory:
them their essence If you say Africans are still slaves to the white then you are saying the truth cos you are still a slave mentally even when you think you are an exception because you don't believe in religion and the way Africans think,
Actually, what makes us slave to them is not necessary the way we think, but the way we think their religions is the truth behind our salvation.

BlackStallion:

Spear-chucker, that's the derogatory term some whites use to describe blacks.....

.....others didn't (hence the 'spear-chucking' tribes).

[size=18pt]BlackStallion you seem to me to think like a very strong slave who's mind is conditioned to condemn all thing ours. Does the images of the Greek art below look like spear-shooting Africans to you?[/size]

[size=18pt]We will never see todays Greeks whom are proud of their cultural past condemning their historical King Leonidas as a monkey-behaving human who wore loin clothe to cover their genitals as depicted in the art below:[/size]

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Reaction To The Front Page Topic: "Names Of God And Their Meanings" by pureIvory(f): 1:30am On Oct 10, 2014
Some people have too much time....
*shakes my head in pity*
Re: My Reaction To The Front Page Topic: "Names Of God And Their Meanings" by biafranqueen: 2:39am On Oct 10, 2014
Fulanis designated those living the southwest as 'yaribanza' (sons of bastard) when they came in contact with the new rulers of the installed caliphate system of those usurped hausawa kingdoms.
Can you give me proof of this?

our fore-forefathers who after millennia of war mongering experience who have mastered the manipulation of the human mind, decided to expand and explore, only to invade Europa, while back home in Africa are sponsoring royals, chiefs and emperors who in their seats are provided with sufficient reports of geographical information detailing natural resources and economic benefit from explorers,
According to Scientist in Europe and America if modern man from Africa did not go to Caucus mountain the white race would not have ever happened. You can check out a cool doc on Discovery Chanel Youtube

Do you also know that - Nigeria was once a British colony forged out of an imperialistic experimentation involving the amalgamation of incompatible ethnic groups and their various sub-tribes into a slave-enabling cocoon incidental to aid neo-colonialism as it is consequential to the resumption of a once halted Arabo-Islamic domination as apparently characterized by economic strangulation through deliberate practice of corruption reflected through lack of social amenities, absence basic infrastructures, deplorable roads, unstable electricity supplies, unreliable judicial and policing system and the declining moral values associated with our socio-cultural essence, all of which are silently endorsed by the materialism-glorifying sort of Christendom that hasn't failed in it long established course of providing the sort of opium the masses need to maintain their deadened sensitivity.
Well said!
Re: My Reaction To The Front Page Topic: "Names Of God And Their Meanings" by biafranqueen: 2:45am On Oct 10, 2014
We see where homosexuality was the norm and they brought it too Africa through the Roman Priest that had the same life style. These acts are said too heighten ones spirituality in most European traditional belief systems.

1 Like

Re: My Reaction To The Front Page Topic: "Names Of God And Their Meanings" by ghostofsparta(m): 10:19am On Oct 10, 2014
pureIvory:
Some people have too much time....
*shakes my head in pity*
Not too much time but till your head stops shaking, I will continue to squeeze out time to enlighten ignoramuses like you to desist from speaking ill of your ancestors but you all aren't willing to learn. You argued that if not for the missionaries, this and that wouldn't have been stopped. Ask yourself why did the so believed pious missionaries and jihadists who came to Africa deem it unfit to spread Christianity and Islam in places like China and Japan so that they can stop what they will call 'barbaric culture' like Sepukku (Harakiri), Bukake, Geisha culture, etc muchless of putting an end to their own western practices of dueling to death as at then whence Christianity chose to ignore it. It is dark skinned monkeys in Africa that needs to be civilized, go and research and read about the very primitive culture of 'head hunting' which was a common practice all over Europe at a time certain African societies and kingdoms were far civilized based on the best they could develop out of their environs and system of governing.

biafranqueen:
Can you give me proof of this?
Proof? What would be the next thing afterwards, to provide evidence, right? That and many other suppressed facts are known to very few of us. There is a long period of time 99.3 Nigerian Info repeatedly play a jingle that narrate that particular fact which you are asking me to provide proof for. There are certain rare historical books you can read it from. Will let you know when I remember

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Reaction To The Front Page Topic: "Names Of God And Their Meanings" by Nobody: 6:34pm On Oct 12, 2014
I'll not lie to you ghostofsparta, this is perhaps the most profound write up I have ever come across on NairaLand. Kudos.
Fabulous as it is though, it doesn't really give a specific solution to the plethora of problems 21st century Nigeria finds herself enmeshed in. Do you suggest a ban on Religion? Or a return to our 'old system of government' (Monarchy/Imperialism?)
What are your thoughts on the way forward?

2 Likes

Re: My Reaction To The Front Page Topic: "Names Of God And Their Meanings" by kingston277(m): 6:42pm On Oct 23, 2014
pureIvory:
I think religion is not to be blamed for the atrocities going on in Nigeria and Africa in general. What should be blamed is the way people understand it.
People pray for something but they don't work towards it that's just the problem.
people use religion to cover up their evil deeds which is bad.

As a matter of fact we should be thanking the missionaries cos they were the ones who really came to our aid by teaching us unlike the colonial masters who came for their own gain. The missionaries helped stop most of our evil believes such as killing of twins etc and what we do now is say they harm us with their religion.
If you say Africans are still slaves to the white then you are saying the truth cos you are still a slave mentally even when you think you are an exception because you don't believe in religion and the way Africans think, you actually do cos if not for what you see and think of the whites and how you so much want Africans to be industrialized and developed like the whites instead of developing Africa in its own unique way so the whites will want to be like Africans.
Or have you forgotten that civilization started in Africa?
Why did we send them back to their country saying we don't need them when we end up doing things the way they do instead of doing it the African way.

Instead of saying religion did this and that why not just change the way we understand religious teachings and the way we hold the whites high.
This post was intelligent near the beginning, then turn to ethnocentric fantasy in the middle, then began to make sense again at the end.

1 Like

Re: My Reaction To The Front Page Topic: "Names Of God And Their Meanings" by rinrin23(f): 1:05pm On Oct 31, 2014
Its refreshing to see intelligent Nigerians/Africans with active minds. There is nothing worse than a people that do not know their history and do not even care to find out. I truly am awestruck by the level of knowledge the posters on this thread have. I wonder why we don't have more people like this in positions of influence in this country

4 Likes

Re: My Reaction To The Front Page Topic: "Names Of God And Their Meanings" by 1shortblackboy: 6:51pm On Nov 03, 2014
Op its very curious that ur blaming God for d backwardness of Africans. Wen d only "crime" he ever commited was to be merciful and forgiving of our sins
Re: My Reaction To The Front Page Topic: "Names Of God And Their Meanings" by ghostofsparta(m): 4:48pm On Nov 04, 2014
1shortblackboy:
Op its very curious that ur blaming God for d backwardness of Africans. Wen d only "crime" he ever commited was to be merciful and forgiving of our sins
What makes you think there is a right reserved for the likes of you to defend God? And could you explain to me how as my post placed African's backwardness on God?
Re: My Reaction To The Front Page Topic: "Names Of God And Their Meanings" by 2kris(m): 3:11pm On Nov 22, 2014
ghostofsparta:
I detect no "advanced truth" in your bickering other than revealing yourself to be yet another irredeemable Abrahamist-defending African who isn't much different from those armed Boko Haram who fights for the tenets attached to the religion of their Arab slave masters. If you and the likes of you are provided with the chance to kill in the name of defending the religions of your European slave masters, you all won't hesitate.

We the self-discovered Africans with genuine identity feel highly sorry for the unthinking majority which you unfortunately belong to, for been incapable of ejecting your mindset from the same ambit of false labellings and religion brainwashing the Euro-arab colonials and jihadists used in brainwashing your forefathers, the war mongering Fulani arabs and the European imperialists describe what they saw according to their set beliefs that is based on their concocted religions of blood and gore, they were self-misinformed to which they care less, the price of human slaves and material resources was more significance than checking out, much less of learning the believe system of us 'heathens' and 'kafiris', a believe system so complicated and encompassing that an aspect of it wherein matters provided by nature were used to construct artifices to which certain universal forces yet unknown to modern science can be contactivated for various reason is what you call 'idol', because your slavemaster labelled it so.

Why can't you reach inward yourself and unlock that ability to reason as a humans do, if you already have, then why haven't you pondered aloud that why doesn't the wooden and ceramic sculptured figures of Jesus Christ in crosses, crucifix and posters never counts as idols? Why hasn't it occurred to you that it also therefore qualifies as 'idolatry' to pray and bow to the statue of Mary and all other saints, to be fixated on those objects called tesubiu and rosary. If Wole Soyinka, a devotee of the Ogun divinity brought me water from river Osun, uttered some words on it, and gives me to bath, you'd condemned us as pagans damned for a fictitious location the Christians call hell-fire on behalf of its mother religion - Judaism, but if you or your Muslim converts observe ablutions and water baptism, it is accepted, same way a spiritual cleansing of water brought from River Ganges would be acceptable in your mind had it been it were the Hindus that enslaved your folks if they had decided to colonized. If a herb and root-working grandad gives me something to chew for a metaphysical purpose, you are all quick to condemn such deeds as ways of the infidels and yet not only do you all gleefully accept what you are given to chew during Holy Communions but also ignorantly import, buy and ride pagan products such as Bajaj commercial tricycles and other machinery made by Honda, Sanyo, Sony etc which are manufactured with the minds and hands of those who your likes regard as unbelievers for not knowing/accepting Christ or Mohammad as judged from a book, and still yet hypocritically imports from their pagan nations of Japan, China and India). Need I say more? Come on, have a rethink and learn to spell correctly. You talked of spirit which you clearly know nothing of, except maybe your so called Holy Spirit which I am very certain is unrealistic and self-complicating, how can an incorporeal entity be holy? Holy towards what? How could an immateriality be conscious of been holy? It's just utter nonsense, as a critical scientist and a believer and investigator of a particular aspect of our ancestral believe system (Ifa) the supernatural efficacy of what I call YAS or what is erroneously known as juju but in actuality is Yoruba Advanced Science, in all my explanation of this YAS on past Nairaland posts, I always avoid to use the term 'spirit' at all cost because many don't even know it's a specious idea borne of a misleading religious framework. A contradiction at worst. Okay say we are to accept spirits do exist, where do they reside? How do they operates, who has actually seen one? I mean for real, and the devil is supposedly a spirit, who has glimpsed the devil before for real? It takes delusion for humans to accept from a book that spirits (Angel and Jesus) could bear virtues such as been 'Holy' or capable of possession (demons) and yet have no clue as to how to interact with them like a scientific human would with an atomic and sub-atomic particles to learn about their behaviours and attributes.
so u really want me to worship and pray to dead stones that have no ans tomy problem
Re: My Reaction To The Front Page Topic: "Names Of God And Their Meanings" by Nobody: 3:53pm On Nov 30, 2014
plaetton:
@Op

Thank you , thank you so much.

You have made my day.

Many times I just feel like weeping my eyes out, if only it could draw attention to the aggressively marketed stupidity of my Nigerian brothers and sisters.
May times I feel like vomiting when I see black-skinned bona-fide Africans publicly advertise their ignorance, s.tu.pid.ty , illiteracy and SELF-DEPRECATION.

What the hell happened to us?

Why are we still mental slaves to the stone-age superstitions of another race tens and thousands of miles from our domains, especially in this modern times.

There is no single day that an African m.o.ron does not approach me to give my life to Yahweh.

The funny thing is that no Jew has ever approached me to worship yahweh.
No Chinese has ever approached me to give my life to Buddha.
No Indian has ever approached me to give my life to Lord Shiva or Ganesh.

Did colonial experience magically cut off some areas of our brains?

Are we genetically low in cranial dexterity, and therefore unable to formulate critical thoughts as implied by many racist whites?

Our obsession with religion, especially custodial religious myths of stone-age middle east people is just a mystery that i cannot ever understand.

It is strange that no one has so far raised an alarm about recurring incidents of mass failure in WAEC and other national exams.
Somehow, no one is intelligent enough to see the clear link with the obsession with religious garbage and the inability to properly develop the critical areas of our children's learning, thinking and problem-solving abilities.

I have asked on this forum why advanced nations do not include in their children's academic curriculum, the types religious garbage thatwe force-feed our children in Nigeria.

One mo.rr.on stopped my on the road the other day to preach to me, the moment I mentioned science, he shouted " to hell with science ".

I then asked him he uses a computer and a mobile phone, he said yes. I asked him if he ever takes medicine when he is sick, he said yes.

I just shook my head and walked away.

Honestly , I have silent moments of tears when I think of the very very low level of mental output , the clear dearth of intelligence fostered upon my African people by this very toxic religion.

You really couldn't have been anymore poignant in making your points. Kudos!
Re: My Reaction To The Front Page Topic: "Names Of God And Their Meanings" by PAGAN9JA(m): 2:13pm On Dec 07, 2014
2kris:
so u really want me to worship and pray to dead stones that have no ans tomy problem

First of all stones are neithet living nor dead.

Second he wants you to worship the GODS ( Spiritusl Forces) and not dead men.
Re: My Reaction To The Front Page Topic: "Names Of God And Their Meanings" by ghostofsparta(m): 10:00pm On Dec 07, 2014
BlackStallion:
I'll not lie to you ghostofsparta, this is perhaps the most profound write up I have ever come across on NairaLand. Kudos. Fabulous as it is though, it doesn't really give a specific solution to the plethora of problems 21st century Nigeria finds herself enmeshed in. Do you suggest a ban on Religion? Or a return to our 'old system of government' (Monarchy/Imperialism?) What are your thoughts on the way forward?
The way forward can carved only if we start to integrate the embraced westernism with certain aspect of the systems our ancestors employ to solve problems and manage their polity just like the Asians did.

2kris:
In what context have I stated stones are so alive that they need to be worshiped?

1 Like

Re: My Reaction To The Front Page Topic: "Names Of God And Their Meanings" by tsdarkside(m): 11:44pm On Apr 26, 2016
maynation:
What's ur point?

woww...you were already docile till 2016.....woww...the op is right...

you and your kind are not allowed to lead anything in black-nations no more henceforth....

jona will be jailed...wheather you like it or not....

(1) (2) (Reply)

Names Of God In Pidgin English / How Was Man Created? (Bible Vs Quran) / Jephthah Did Not Kill His Daughter As Sacrifice To God.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 144
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.