Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,955 members, 7,806,766 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:02 PM

Opinion$ On Oyakhilome's Divorce - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Opinion$ On Oyakhilome's Divorce (4737 Views)

The Oyakhilome's Divorce: Where Are Pastors Adeboye, Oyedepo, Oritsejafor. Etc? / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome’s Divorce Courses Controversy Among Christ Embassy Membe / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Divorce Anita? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Opinion$ On Oyakhilome's Divorce by Gombs(m): 8:37pm On Sep 01, 2014
flourishG:

i hope they would all tender their apologies in charismatic way! coolWhat nonsense u talking?Da wife of a man of God who IS ALSO DA VICE PRESIDENT AND MINISTER OF GOD accused her husband of adultery and u here talking nonsense about people apologize in months to come.u think pple r dam brainwashed like u? If there's anyone to apologize it wife of Chris not public. Continue kissing job's asss u errand boi.

you should be a smart lad, dont spread you naivity online na

Principal Registry of the Family Division
Address: First Avenue House, 42-49 High Holborn, London WC1V 6NP
Phone: 020 7947 6000
Topics: courts - other
Regions Covered: England - London
DX 160010 Kingsway 7

Contacts:
Divorce Section A: 020 7947 6954
Divorce Section B: 020 7947 7080
Divorce Section C: 020 7947 6971
Decree Absolute Searches: 020 7947 7017
Children Section - Public: 020 7947 7930
Children Section - Private: 020 7947 6980
Adoption: 020 7947 7453

these are contcts for the Family Divisions in Uk, feel free to call or visit, so as to dispel ur gross naivity.... then while on that visit this site, the official sites for Uk court cases. I know u cant call nor visit, but u can use ur fone and access the site na,

http://www.justice.gov.uk/courts/court-lists/list-family

then go copy that your suit number and help me search for it... let me know when you get a result...

stop following the crowd, stand out! your gullibility is of monumental status...and your naivity legendary. Now, pls wait for Pastor Chris to announce to you he wants a divorce, stop being a nuisance grin
Re: Opinion$ On Oyakhilome's Divorce by Image123(m): 9:45pm On Sep 01, 2014
i'm wondering why windowsx or what's the name is following Gnoni, trustm and candor. Not to mention that he just opened this new account yesterday and is dedicated to one goal. Are you not one hell of a suspect? As a christian, have you taken anytime no matter how little to pray or do anything christian for this couple than to glory in others' trials?
Re: Opinion$ On Oyakhilome's Divorce by Yooguyz: 9:50pm On Sep 01, 2014
Image123: i'm wondering why windowsx or what's the name is following Gnoni, trustm and candor. Not to mention that he just opened this new account yesterday and is dedicated to one goal. Are you not one hell of a suspect? As a christian, have you taken anytime no matter how little to pray or do anything christian for this couple than to glory in others' trials?

I smell Drummaboy.
Re: Opinion$ On Oyakhilome's Divorce by flourishG(m): 9:51pm On Sep 01, 2014
Gombs:

you should be a smart lad, dont spread you naivity online na

Principal Registry of the Family Division
Address: First Avenue House, 42-49 High Holborn, London WC1V 6NP
Phone: 020 7947 6000
Topics: courts - other
Regions Covered: England - London
DX 160010 Kingsway 7

Contacts:
Divorce Section A: 020 7947 6954
Divorce Section B: 020 7947 7080
Divorce Section C: 020 7947 6971
Decree Absolute Searches: 020 7947 7017
Children Section - Public: 020 7947 7930
Children Section - Private: 020 7947 6980
Adoption: 020 7947 7453

these are contcts for the Family Divisions in Uk, feel free to call or visit, so as to dispel ur gross naivity.... then while on that visit this site, the official sites for Uk court cases. I know u cant call nor visit, but u can use ur fone and access the site na,

http://www.justice.gov.uk/courts/court-lists/list-family

then go copy that your suit number and help me search for it... let me know when you get a result...

stop following the crowd, stand out! your gullibility is of monumental status...and your naivity legendary. Now, pls wait for Pastor Chris to announce to you he wants a divorce, stop being a nuisance grin
i see u r a dumb asss fellow who don't even know nothing about d implication of what your god Chris u worship is doing. All u wanna do is cover up his mess.Y u not go tell Chris he's dinning with d devils by his lifestyle.

3 Likes

Re: Opinion$ On Oyakhilome's Divorce by flourishG(m): 9:59pm On Sep 01, 2014
Image123: i'm wondering why windowsx or what's the name is following Gnoni, trustm and candor. Not to mention that he just opened this new account yesterday and is dedicated to one goal. Are you not one hell of a suspect? As a christian, have you taken anytime no matter how little to pray or do anything christian for this couple than to glory in others' trials?
What u talking about dude?when so called man of God being sleeping around for too long u think he's asss his not gonna b open someday?Isn't he supposed to know better?y do u pple turn around to hate pple who tells you d truth. Hmmmm

2 Likes

Re: Opinion$ On Oyakhilome's Divorce by Gombs(m): 10:16pm On Sep 01, 2014
Yooguyz:

I smell Drummaboy.

Spot on
Re: Opinion$ On Oyakhilome's Divorce by Gombs(m): 10:19pm On Sep 01, 2014
flourishG: i see u r a dumb asss fellow who don't even know nothing about d implication of what your god Chris u worship is doing. All u wanna do is cover up his mess.Y u not go tell Chris he's dinning with d devils by his lifestyle.

Ignorance is worse than cancer! Holla me when you grow some IQ to at least visit the British Judiciary website! wink
Re: Opinion$ On Oyakhilome's Divorce by Gombs(m): 10:21pm On Sep 01, 2014
flourishG: What u talking about dude?when so called man of God being sleeping around for too long u think he's asss his not gonna b open someday?Isn't he supposed to know better?y do u pple turn around to hate pple who tells you d truth. Hmmmm

grin grin

Your case is worse than I thought o! What truth? grin
Re: Opinion$ On Oyakhilome's Divorce by WinsomeX: 10:39pm On Sep 01, 2014
mbaemeka:
You people that are responding to this inanity are the true heroes. Just a few weeks back Beyoncé had hired lawyers to divorce her husband JayZ. She had bought a house in NY worth $21M. She had accused him of Adultery and what not. All his mistresses came out to talk. As this News kept filtering through all the major news stations carried it- NBC, FOX, CNN even E! As well as all the blogs.

When the woman got tired she put a picture of herself wearing a jersey with her husbands name yet the critics claimed it was old (imagine on her own INSTAGRAM page o). Then she put a picture of her husband with their daughter and called them her favorite hue. The Gossips still didn't budge. Finally after performing in a particular show, her husband came out with their daughter to celebrate and honor her. They even showed many signs of affection. Guess what our critics said- that they were doing it as a public stunt.

I find it intriguing that in the bid to play devils advocate you didn't find any other example that those in the world of music and Hollywood. Not even biblical references but Jayz and Beyonce. What a pity. Your problem apparently not limited to false doctrine, you also have idols in the world you worship. I am sorry to burst your bubble they are not examples for the saints. And could it be that their Hollywood sort of lifestyle is what you and Chris covet that your marriages end up in divorce. at least, now we see

mbaemeka:
It is this same ignoramuses again only at a different level. How many years ago have they separated the MOG from his wife? How many years ago did they divorce her from him?

Is it news to you that Christian Oyakhilome was not living with his wife? Is it news to you that his leading pastors have also separated from their wives to pursue "ministry"? Is it news yo you that adultery, se-xual sins and all sorts of uncleanness is the order of the day at CEC? If it is, then you got to get updated. Open your eyes and stop being deceived. Your idols are being stripped down for all to see their unclothedness to their shame and those who have all believed a lie.

mbaemeka:
Now they're creating blogs and fake pages and even falsifying quotes on them. It is satan for we know how he acts. So we expect another promotion in the realm of the spirit. As this sort of false news always bring such our way

Please check well O. The OP is not from Linda Ikeji. Its Punch, a reputable national paper that published it. The second fact is that the matter of the divorce has been in the news since last year. When Chris was served his divorce papers that carried clear documentary numbering, it became obvious yo the randy Pastor that all was up. So shove that aspect of false news. Nothing can be truer except the gospel.

mbaemeka:
We know they will not stop simply because a demon has been instructed to use and destroy them. That's why Pastor Chris never responds but will instead walk in love

I can assure you he will respond to the court summons and then we would know who the demoniac is.

mbaemeka: He knows about the vengeance of God. There are some other MOG that would have put many bloggers in jail by now while the vengeance of God will come later. grin grin

Pls don't go there because you scare no one. If anyone should understand God's vengeance and ability to settle scores, it will be Chris' wife he has been cheating on all this while. Its Gods patience that these men of God take advantage of to reap off God's people. But their time is up! First it was Biodun Fatoyinbo, now it's Chris. God knows who is next.

mbaemeka:
So brethren, I implore you all by the mercies of God not to bother honoring such threads with a response.

You should never had bothered coming to these thread if you are really a man of your own words.

mbaemeka: This man built a world class auditorium for AAU hand the thread barely made 4 pages. When sick presidents meet him and get healed Vanguard doesn't carry it. When he gives widows 2M naira nobody wants to hear about it or if he gives a drummer a brand new SUV 2014 model they will call him a thief. But just a rumour about him losing a strand of hair and now everyone knows who he is and what he teaches.

He could not do any less in spite of all he receives through seed offerings.

mbaemeka:
Nigerians and some even so called Christians in general. Very funny bunch of people I tell you.

The joke is on you and others who follow chalartans like Chris. They are ones being laughed at now.

Let me make it again abundantly clear, the aim of the thread is not yo ridicule Chris and his church but to again point us to their beliefs; their doctrine.

How come a strong doctrine of faith, confession, success, motivation and breakthroughs, cannot be balanced with a life of holiness and consecration? Shall we call such a gathering of Gods people?

Until Chris' wife came out with the revelation of adultery, the news was rife about how sex, money and power where the pursuits of CEC leaders while they sold a dummy of holiness to their followers.

Also, how do we hold the much publicized miracles against these allegations? Shall not this whole church be founded upon falsehood and lies?

I maintain that anyone can sin. But scripture maintains that a child of God does not make practice of sinning. What Is going on in Christ Embassy is an org_y. A culture of sin. That church has become a den of thieves; a place where demons hold sway. And all the fault should be laid at the feet of their doctrine.

That's my contention here.

5 Likes

Re: Opinion$ On Oyakhilome's Divorce by PastorKun(m): 10:53pm On Sep 01, 2014
Joagbaje:

You're the disgrace .being accused doesn't mean guilty. . He didn't do such thing . But enemies of God like you will be so happy to be under satan employment to spread lie.

In few months to come we shall know the truth.

Psalms 34:19
Many are the afflictions of the righteous:
but the Lord delivereth him out of them all.

Would stop these your shameless lies, neither Oyaks nor his wife have come out to refute the story 72hrs after it came out and even cec went ahead to delete everything pertaining to Anita on their wretched website thus confirming the acrimony. That aside some of us have always known that oyak's sleeps around so it's not news to us. I understand your predicament, you have to defend your oga even though you know he is as guilty as sin itself. I can assure you that this scandal can only get messier and more of oyak's dirty secrets (including his staging of fake miracles would be exposed)

3 Likes

Re: Opinion$ On Oyakhilome's Divorce by WinsomeX: 11:34pm On Sep 01, 2014
Still on opinions...

Polaris1:

The ongoing Saga between Pastor Chris Oyakhilomen and his Wife Pastor Anita has been having it's side effect for sometime now as you have those supporting Pastor Chris and those supporting his wife Pastor Anita. Below is an emotional piece written by a former member of the Church

Bidi : I won't lie that Christ Embassy was not one place I loved; indeed they caught us young and it was delicious and I will do it again if I have to. But the truth of the matter is that they couldn't keep us even though we came in our numbers, young people simply came the way they are in thirst and hunger and the word of God was sweet and hot and we loved it. We drank like the deer panting for water. And it was sweet. But yet again we left, they couldn't keep us. Those 'soon to be' lawyers, doctors, engineers... have now become, but no longer there because they couldn't really change us. All the excesses we came with was still there. We still struggle with intense lust and unhealthy competition.

Did I mention that there was never a service day that passes that we were never call upon to give for ministry material, events, partnership, birthdays... they just keep coming. if u believe in the ministry and the vision, you most put your money to it. And you don't have a face if you don't. So we gave our pocket money, sold our stuffs, borrowed and even gave our school fees. Yeah... " all we know is a life of giving. there's no difference in our mist". And we didn't mind. What we do mind is that, they couldn't really change us. They only changed us to their advantage. I won't deny that I also use the word of God to my advantage and still do. That was the rot that stuck even after I left. But then, I can tell the truth YOU CANNOT LOVE YOUR FLESH SO MUCH AND SAY YOU ARE FUL OF GOD'S SPIRIT . Oh how I which they could take away those excesses from Believers love world; then it would been the best that I have been and God will be very pleased.
Re: Opinion$ On Oyakhilome's Divorce by 4C2215131: 11:34pm On Sep 01, 2014
Yooguyz:

As par doctrine, why not open a new thread on any of her doctrine that borders you. Oyakhilome commited adultery or not, does not change the gospel truth. The only thing we should be concerned about is if his teachings are bible based.

Word!
Re: Opinion$ On Oyakhilome's Divorce by 4C2215131: 11:45pm On Sep 01, 2014
Yooguyz:

Am not a CEC member, neither do I support immoral behaviour, but if you are expecting CEC members to change their doctrinal stance because of the scandal ( that is if its true), you may be expecting too much. They would just dissociate his persona from his doctrine, and then the argument goes on.

But then I see nothing wrong in that. That the man erred does not neccessarily rubbish his doctrines. Please remember he's human and to err is human and to forgive divine, that's why God will remain God. Remember Peter, the chief disciple of Jesus was rebuked by Christ. How about his denying Christ thrice. These incidents NEVER made him any less an apostle than he originally was.

The good pastor MAY have erred, but forgiveness and restitution is offered in Christ. Why do I get this feeling that a lot of y'all are secretely gloating in triumph over the pastor's present predicament. Y'all should be praying for him like the good christians y'all claim to be.

1 Like

Re: Opinion$ On Oyakhilome's Divorce by mbaemeka(m): 2:41am On Sep 02, 2014
WinsomeX:

I find it intriguing that in the bid to play devils advocate you didn't find any other example that those in the world of music and Hollywood. Not even biblical references but Jayz and Beyonce. What a pity. Your problem apparently not limited to false doctrine, you also have idols in the world you worship. I am sorry to burst your bubble they are not examples for the saints. And could it be that their Hollywood sort of lifestyle is what you and Chris covet that your marriages end up in divorce. at least, now we see

Is it news to you that Christian Oyakhilome was not living with his wife? Is it news to you that his leading pastors have also separated from their wives to pursue "ministry"? Is it news yo you that adultery, se-xual sins and all sorts of uncleanness is the order of the day at CEC? If it is, then you got to get updated. Open your eyes and stop being deceived. Your idols are being stripped down for all to see their unclothedness to their shame and those who have all believed a lie.

Please check well O. The OP is not from Linda Ikeji. Its Punch, a reputable national paper that published it. The second fact is that the matter of the divorce has been in the news since last year. When Chris was served his divorce papers that carried clear documentary numbering, it became obvious yo the randy Pastor that all was up. So shove that aspect of false news. Nothing can be truer except the gospel.

I can assure you he will respond to the court summons and then we would know who the demoniac is.

Pls don't go there because you scare no one. If anyone should understand God's vengeance and ability to settle scores, it will be Chris' wife he has been cheating on all this while. Its Gods patience that these men of God take advantage of to reap off God's people. But their time is up! First it was Biodun Fatoyinbo, now it's Chris. God knows who is next.

You should never had bothered coming to these thread if you are really a man of your own words.

He could not do any less in spite of all he receives through seed offerings.

The joke is on you and others who follow chalartans like Chris. They are ones being laughed at now.

Let me make it again abundantly clear, the aim of the thread is not yo ridicule Chris and his church but to again point us to their beliefs; their doctrine.

How come a strong doctrine of faith, confession, success, motivation and breakthroughs, cannot be balanced with a life of holiness and consecration? Shall we call such a gathering of Gods people?

Until Chris' wife came out with the revelation of adultery, the news was rife about how sex, money and power where the pursuits of CEC leaders while they sold a dummy of holiness to their followers.

Also, how do we hold the much publicized miracles against these allegations? Shall not this whole church be founded upon falsehood and lies?

I maintain that anyone can sin. But scripture maintains that a child of God does not make practice of sinning. What Is going on in Christ Embassy is an org_y. A culture of sin. That church has become a den of thieves; a place where demons hold sway. And all the fault should be laid at the feet of their doctrine.

That's my contention here.

You spent so much of your time merely regurgitating words of Satan-infested fellows such as yourself trying to tell us things you would have really wished were true. I already have an inkling as to who this is but to be a true Sport I will let your bi-polar disorder be the only challenge that you have (which is as a result of demon-infestation if you have seen the one's similar to what you have in you being cast out you would know what I am saying).

I couldn't even go past the second paragraph of your hogwash without laughing my head off. Are you sure you are not a v.oyeur? I have not spent this much time reading about anyone's life from the Horses own side let alone venturing to failed bloggers like yourself who are always looking for that quick buck no matter how dishonestly got it is.

Calm down. Nobody knows you and nobody will care. You are a nonentity and even if you left us with your real name we would not even know it. So carry the frustrations you have of being a nobody and fly a kite with it or something. The news about JayZ and Beyoncé was all over the News to those of us who don't live under a rock. If better News avenues like CNN and co were scandalously wrong what do you think will be the case of Punch or any such mediocre news outlet?

If you are as caring as you pretend why not go to the MOG to ask him questions or better still get on your knees and pray for him as should be the natural christian response? You can carry your primo sappy write-up and feigned piety together with your fake stories and get a life as you clearly do not have one.

Pastors separated ni, adultery ko. Jobless fellow.

1 Like

Re: Opinion$ On Oyakhilome's Divorce by WinsomeX: 6:11am On Sep 02, 2014
mbaemeka:

You spent so much of your time merely regurgitating words of Satan-infested fellows such as yourself trying to tell us things you would have really wished were true. I already have an inkling as to who this is but to be a true Sport I will let your bi-polar disorder be the only challenge that you have (which is as a result of demon-infestation if you have seen the one's similar to what you have in you being cast out you would know what I am saying).

Time will tell what is true or false. I am ready to wait. And when it happens, we would be here to publish it on this thread. Stay tuned.

The rest of what you wrote is not worth responding to.
Re: Opinion$ On Oyakhilome's Divorce by WinsomeX: 6:17am On Sep 02, 2014
4C2215131:

But then I see nothing wrong in that. That the man erred does not neccessarily rubbish his doctrines. Please remember he's human and to err is human and to forgive divine, that's why God will remain God. Remember Peter, the chief disciple of Jesus was rebuked by Christ. How about his denying Christ thrice. These incidents NEVER made him any less an apostle than he originally was.

The good pastor MAY have erred, but forgiveness and restitution is offered in Christ. Why do I get this feeling that a lot of y'all are secretely gloating in triumph over the pastor's present predicament. Y'all should be praying for him like the good christians y'all claim to be.

Please understand a point: it is one thing to err on a matter or even a couple of matters. It is another thing to live a life of errors!

The former can happen to the greatest of saints and even before he asks for forgiveness, the blood cleanses him already. The latter is the lot of demons and false prophets.

Therefore if a man teaches doctrines and at the same lives in perpetual error, those doctrines should be held circumspect.

See this:

1John 3:9 from three versions of scripture:

KJV: Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

NIV: No one who is born of God will continue to sin, because God’s seed remains in them; they cannot go on sinning, because they have been born of God.

AMP: No one born (begotten) of God [deliberately, knowingly, and habitually] practices sin, for God’s nature abides in him [His principle of life, the divine sperm, remains permanently within him]; and he cannot practice sinning because he is born (begotten) of God.

Did you get the picture?

1 Like

Re: Opinion$ On Oyakhilome's Divorce by Gombs(m): 6:29am On Sep 02, 2014
^^^
Drummaboy on the loose! grin grin cheesy pls visit the British Judiciary site and help me search for the suit number! Holla me when you get the result!

Rabid as ever! Egbon good morning Jare... today is gonna be a great one! I can feel it...join me dance to the Lord

[img]http://ressurectionplayerz.biz/gif/dance.gif[/img]
Re: Opinion$ On Oyakhilome's Divorce by Image123(m): 7:34am On Sep 02, 2014
WinsomeX:

Please understand a point: it is one thing to err on a matter or even a couple of matters. It is another thing to live a life of errors!

The former can happen to the greatest of saints and even before he asks for forgiveness, the blood cleanses him already. The latter is the lot of demons and false prophets.

Therefore if a man teaches doctrines and at the same lives in perpetual error, those doctrines should be held circumspect.

See this:

1John 3:9 from three versions of scripture:

KJV: Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

NIV: No one who is born of God will continue to sin, because God’s seed remains in them; they cannot go on sinning, because they have been born of God.

AMP: No one born (begotten) of God [deliberately, knowingly, and habitually] practices sin, for God’s nature abides in him [His principle of life, the divine sperm, remains permanently within him]; and he cannot practice sinning because he is born (begotten) of God.

Did you get the picture?

Are you drummaboy?
Re: Opinion$ On Oyakhilome's Divorce by Elijah78: 7:38am On Sep 02, 2014
Gombs:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

u seem too jobless o! the smile on my face is as below's pic

The Wife of a global Pastor should behave like pastor Ose Oyaks??/

From Sister Lebogang Radibela: “It’s true, here in Johannesburg a pastor impregnated a young lady and forced her to do abortion, later on the lady was promoted to being a pastor, till today she is still a pastor, working together with the wife to the pastor who impregnated her. Members act like this is normal; I mean where we draw a line.”

From Jacob Nnoli: @Sister Lebogang Radibela, “it’s not just a pastor. it’s our darling older brother Rev Ken himself that activated the pregnancy button but it’s shocking to know that our regional pastor, Pastor Ose Oyakhilome, a mother herself supported the abortion and by (following the principle of the ) 48 laws of power, she’s keeping her close. That sounds like what an ‘area mother’ would do and to top it up, the grandfather himself Rev Chris ordained the sister a pastor and probably help seared the damaged conscience with some rands/dollars. How many more in Nigeria region? Time will fail us to speak of Asaba, Kaduna, Port Harcourt, Benin and many too numerous to mention. I had to listen to that Youtube message again this morning and I can now understand when Pastor Chris said Pastor Anita should have moved with those who will help her as the wife of global pastor. Is this what she should learn, to help Pastor Yemisi and other indicted ladies? Actually Pastor, you forgot to announce the firing of Pastor Pat, the CSO as a result of leaked White House (Pastor Chris’ residence in Lagos) information and the hiring of a brother-in-law Deacon Kingsley Osazuwa. Our darling Rev Ken, it looks like Durex, Trojan, and Gold circle condoms etc
[b][/b]
- See more at: http://www.cameroonjournal.com/page444.html#sthash.IuwpXFLB.dpuf

Okay let christians sit and watch?? according to you sympathizers of chris. I wonder how Gombs and Jo claim to know what chris etc can do.
And if there is no mistake about it, then dogs give birth to dogs, all in cec. The above are comments from cec members.

1 Like

Re: Opinion$ On Oyakhilome's Divorce by Gombs(m): 9:03am On Sep 02, 2014
^^
you are now spamming o

seun, mukina2, mynd44, etc he's going from thread to thread pasting same poo emmm, what do i call it sef.. i am invoking rule 18 smiley

3 weeks ban would be fair wink
grin
https://www.nairaland.com/1882193/yookos-prayer-pastor-chris-oyakhilome#25956846
Re: Opinion$ On Oyakhilome's Divorce by WinsomeX: 12:53pm On Sep 02, 2014
Still on opinions...

PastorKun:

Yes oh as it is now, it is Oyaks that desperately needs prayers. Asides he is not qualified to pray for anyone until he repents from his several iniquities

1 timothy 3:1-7

3 Here is a trustworthy saying: Whoever aspires to be an overseer desires a noble task. 2 Now the overseer is to be above reproach, faithful to his wife, temperate, self-controlled, respectable, hospitable, able to teach, 3 not given to drunkenness, not violent but gentle, not quarrelsome, not a lover of money. 4 He must manage his own family well and see that his children obey him, and he must do so in a manner worthy of full[a] respect. 5 (If anyone does not know how to manage his own family, how can he take care of God’s church?) 6 He must not be a recent convert, or he may become conceited and fall under the same judgment as the devil. 7 He must also have a good reputation with outsiders, so that he will not fall into disgrace and into the devil’s trap.

From the above passage can anyone in good conscience still claim that Oyaks qualifies to be a Christian leader He should first go for deliverance after repenting then he should take a back seat in the church till he proves he is capable of managing his own home.
Re: Opinion$ On Oyakhilome's Divorce by Gombs(m): 1:28pm On Sep 02, 2014
Image123:

Are you drummaboy?

i believe this is rhetorical, but let me watch him deny it...then i'd set to work on proving it (if it's even worth proving)! if they not same fine, but if they are (which am 92% sure)... hmmmm grin
#ComputerScientist grin grin

5 Likes

Re: Opinion$ On Oyakhilome's Divorce by WinsomeX: 2:15pm On Sep 02, 2014
The divorce mess between Pastors Chris and Anita Oyakhilome of Christ Embassy Church has worsened, P.M.NEWS can reveal.

On Sunday, two days after it was reported that Anita Oyakhilome had filed for divorce, Christ Embassy deleted her pictures and personal information from its official website, www.christembassy.org.

Many describe the action as the beginning of a process to shut her out of the church, after she
accused her husband of “adultery” and “unreasonable behaviours” in a divorce suit filed in London last April but only made public on Friday.

Christ Embassy’s new website now shows only Pastor Chris Oyakhilome, with a broad smile
welcoming his followers to the month of August, and tagging it, ‘Month of Praise’. In the message on the website, Oyakhilome also urges his followers to “rejoice for the joy of the Lord is your strength.”

Also, on the website of the Rhapsody of Realities, a daily devotional co-authored by the erstwhile couple, there’s nothing to show that Anita is still
recognised as the only visible face on the website among the family members is that of her
husband. It was too early to know if the September edition
of the Rhapsody of Realities still has the photographs of both the pastor and his wife as it used to be.

In the past, when the going was good, Anita and Chris Oyakhilome held hands on the church website and smiled broadly. They projected the
image of a perfect couple. But P.M.NEWS checks at the weekend revealed that there is confusion in the church following the divorce suit filed by Anita to end her over two decades marriage to the founder of Christ Embassy Church.

In the past, Pastor Chris headed the Nigerian branch of the church, though he travelled to other branches occasionally, while Anita headed the branch in London and its environs.

Christ Embassy and its founder have been embroiled in a myriad of controversies in the past. In 2010, Oyakhilome was accused of engineering a money laundering scheme in Nigeria, and questions swirled around his finances because of his glamorous lifestyle.

Many pastors and theologians also excoriated Oyakhilome for his “New Creation” doctrine—a
form of gnosticism that says after a person becomes a Christian, any sin they commit is only in the body and will not affect the spirit.

In 2008, Oyakhilome’s reputation as a faith healer was tarnished badly in Johannesburg, South Africa, when a man told a Soweto newspaper that Christ Embassy offered him more
than $1,200 to sit in a wheelchair and pretend to
be crippled until Oyakhilome prayed for him.

“The man went to the media instead of taking the money, sparking concerns that healings were being faked to impress growing crowds,” said Lee Grady in an article in 2012 published by Charisma Magazine.

Pastor Chris Oyakhilome has also been a target of criticism by the Treatment Action Campaign
for his support of faith healing to cure HIV. Allegations that Christ Embassy members are reportedly being forced to give huge sums of money in offerings with the biggest donors receiving the biggest awards have left many people concerned. Many Nigerians have also alleged that the church operates like a cult and pressures members to marry only within Christ Embassy.

Many people also remember the scandal involving Christ Embassy and Sheraton Hotel
some years ago when a member of the church, who worked at the Sheraton Hotel, stole money
from his employers and gave it to Christ Embassy. But when Sheraton approached the
church for reimbursement, the church allegedly claimed that the money had been given to God and could not be refunded.
Many also excoriated Pastor Chris some years ago when the church began collecting gate fees from members for their New Year Eve’s Service.

More recently, Oyakhilome came under attack after he claimed that Christians were free to
masturbate because it was not a sin. But the latest scandal involving Anita and Chris,
who have two daughters, seems to threaten the very existence of one of the biggest churches in
Nigeria.

Christ Embassy runs several arms including the Healing School, Rhapsody of Realities, and an N.G.O called the Innercity Missions as well as three Christian television channels: LoveWorld TV, LoveWorld SAT and love world Plus.

The church is scattered all over the world, including in the United Kingdom, the United States, South America and the whole of Europe.

Stories about women bringing men of God down are not new. In 1988, Jimmy Swaggart, a
famous American preacher was implicated in a sex scandal involving a prostitute that resulted initially in his suspension, and ultimately
defrocking, by the Assemblies of God.

Three years later, Swaggart was implicated in another scandal involving a prostitute. As a
result, Swaggart’s ministry became non-affiliated, non-denominational and significantly
smaller than it was before the scandals.

www.saharareporters.com/2014/09/01/divorce-scandal-anita-oyakhilome's-name-removed-christ-embassy-church-website
Re: Opinion$ On Oyakhilome's Divorce by mbaemeka(m): 7:08pm On Sep 02, 2014
WinsomeX:

Time will tell what is true or false. I am ready to wait. And when it happens, we would be here to publish it on this thread. Stay tuned.

The rest of what you wrote is not worth responding to.

I hope you would have the confidence to post the "truth" when it becomes available to you. I know you would have egg on your face by then- Most failed bloggers usually do (I mean the one's with a conscience).

2 Likes

Re: Opinion$ On Oyakhilome's Divorce by mbaemeka(m): 7:13pm On Sep 02, 2014
Gombs:

i believe this is rhetorical, but let me watch him deny it...then i'd set to work on proving it (if it's even worth proving)! if they not same fine, but if they are (which am 92% sure)... hmmmm grin

I already let him know in my rebuttal of his conjectures. He was responding to me on another thread and he used virtually the same words he had used in that failed thread he tried to start that mutated into different topics. I spotted him out in a heartbeat.

I will just let the Pseudo-intellectual continue with his Multiple Personality Disorder.

2 Likes

Re: Opinion$ On Oyakhilome's Divorce by Joagbaje(m): 7:51pm On Sep 02, 2014
mbaemeka:

I will just let the Pseudo-intellectual continue with his Multiple Personality Disorder.

Oyinbo repete. In demonology we call it spirit of schizophrenia
Re: Opinion$ On Oyakhilome's Divorce by Gombs(m): 8:05pm On Sep 02, 2014
mbaemeka:

I hope you would have the confidence to post the "truth" when it becomes available to you. I know you would have egg on your face by then- [size=20pt]Most failed bloggers usually do[/size] (I mean the one's with a conscience).

grin grin grin
Re: Opinion$ On Oyakhilome's Divorce by WinsomeX: 8:17pm On Sep 02, 2014
Nigerian Churches And Their Individual Madness Part 1:

Christ Embassy Church By Imoh David

Believers Love World aka Christ Embassy Church is my favorite clan of all the Nigerian Christian blocs. If you are no stranger to these Christians, you'll definitely agree that there is no funeral spirit around these guys. They are just one hell of a sui generis in the sky-daddy bandwagon.

Attend one of their services, I assure you there is no house of bedlam like the Christ Embassy church service. I call it a beautiful absurdity; an
orgasmic show of religious fascism at its best. Nobody, I say it again: Nobody does the mental fascism thing better than the Christ Embassy bunch. It is so enviable that I had to dedicate my biro to this.

First of all, a moment of silence for a Christ embassy brother somewhere, applying gel and hair relaxer on his head. Right now as you read this, an adult male somewhere is partaking in some form of fascist cosmetics in order to come close in appearance to his venerated Pastor Chris Oyakhilome; their idol of a general overseer. I heard if you are an adult male in the crew and you haven't applied some gel and hair relaxer, then you are a novice. The sisters, droll for the brother who speaks, looks and act Pastor Chris.

To the fellas: Is there any Christ Embassy female you are wooing and she is not giving in? Now,
take my generous advice to the casino: Go get your hair some laxative product, practice some Pastor Chris accent and then memorize his fuzzy lines. Get a clean white suit. Learn to technically use words like "Zoe", "Rhapsody", "Grace", "Different", etc. Most importantly, spew your garbage very beautifully; you know that soft-madness they call "speaking-in-tongues"? Get it right.

So you walk-up to your "embassy" sister target
with your curly hair, a Pastor Chris smile on a white suit and of course amble graciously like the venerated idol, and then begin with the Pastor Chris accent: "Hey sister, you are the "Zoe" of the year, the
prophecy of the century; the one who Isaiah spoke about. You are the Rhapsody of our time,
for the Grace of your beauty shall make nations fall at thy feet. Because of the supernatural auction of the word on you, you shall suck the breast of Kings and become the envy of nations.
All things are mine in the holy ghost; I speak you into my bedroom lapasantrakado! Pepelepekendato! Meme suntafantakando!" And boom! It is done. Lest I forget, be sure to have Pastor Chris' posters in your apartment, use it for your mobile wallpaper. Play Pastor Chris sermons and some Sinach's music in your car stereo. Be 100% "Christic" and I swear she'll be in between the sheets performing the holy ghost
show.

Ever attended a Christ Embassy service and listen to their sermon? If the preacher is to preach for 60 minutes; 40 minutes of sermons goes this way: "Pastor Chris says....", "Pastor Chris once said...", "I remember when Pastor Chris talked about...", "I learned from pastor Chris that...." Etc. The remaining 20 minutes will be dedicated to motivational lines and rhetorics like "You are different!" "You are the salt of theearth", "where men fail, you shall succeed", "Let the world see the excellence in you", etc. Andmost importantly the organizational soft- madness called "Speaking-in-tongues", is never missing in action. Christ embassy has remixed their with version spices like "holy-ghost laughter", "Holy-ghost worship", etc. If you're bored on a sunday morning, just visit a branch and see the beauty of organizational mental fascism.

One thing that seduces me about them is their holy secularism. In this christian sect, there is little discrimination on the appearance of a person. Wear dreadlocks, tattoos, mini-skirts, low-waist jeans, sagging pants or even walk into their auditorium with a bikini, nobody cares. "To the pure, all things are pure", they say. Their open-arms to all is unequal; Pastor Chris is not a limited minded pastorpreneur. I am so inspired! Yes, business man I say. Don't kill me dear pastor "Christists". Isn't the gospel a business?
The biblical Jesus once called it "my father's business." Do not crucify my garrulous ass please. I know you all can catch a grenade for Pastor Chris and throw same for him. I pledge allegiance!

The Christ Embassy clan are the most intelligent and creative of all the Christian sects in Nigeria.
An average Christ embassy churchgoer is more tolerant, open-minded and creative than their other sky-band counterparts in Nigeria. Put a Christ embassy member side by side with a TB Joshua patronizer or a Lazarus Mouka crew member, the mentality of the Christ Embassy fellow surpasses the rest.

They have a way of making their "shit" sound intelligent by applying some fancy verbiages and pseudo-philosophical rhetoric to sound nice. But
shit is shit no matter how hard you try to package it in a beautiful bag. Once you open it up, it still greets your nose with it's reputable reception.

Imoh "Son of David" is an Nigerian atheist. An author, publisher and business man and he writes from South Africa.

Follow him on Twitter
@ImohDavid.

www.saharareporters.com/2014/09/02/nigerian-churches-and-their-individual-madness-part-1-christ-embassy-church-imoh-david

Disclaimer: The opinions expressed by the author of the above piece are not exactly my views. For example, the reference to "shit" in the last paragraph is the usual atheistic vilifying of the gospel. I do not agree with that. I however find within the text nuggets of wisdom and information that I consider relevant to this thread.

1 Like

Re: Opinion$ On Oyakhilome's Divorce by Image123(m): 8:17pm On Sep 02, 2014
Gombs:

i was hoping he'd answer. His friend Kunle thinks it wrong not to come out and refute an allegation.
Re: Opinion$ On Oyakhilome's Divorce by Gombs(m): 8:23pm On Sep 02, 2014
mbaemeka:
I already let him know in my rebuttal of his conjectures. He was responding to me on another thread and he used virtually the same words he had used in that failed thread he tried to start that mutated into different topics. I spotted him out in a heartbeat.

when i saw the bible quote he used, twas same format DB uses, and i spot him like an eagle would a soon to be prey! desperation and all time low for a blogger trying to drive traffic...his bitterness is getting cancerous.

grin grin grin
i think it's acute stage of bad bellerism

2 Likes

Re: Opinion$ On Oyakhilome's Divorce by Gombs(m): 8:26pm On Sep 02, 2014
Image123:

i was hoping he'd answer. His friend Kunle thinks it wrong not to come out and refute an allegation.

this time, kunle is in neutral... but when he sees tith... or Jo.. or Chris... or Christ Em... he speedily shows up!
Re: Opinion$ On Oyakhilome's Divorce by PastorKun(m): 8:08am On Sep 03, 2014
Gombs:

this time, kunle is in neutral... but when he sees tith... or Jo.. or Chris... or Christ Em... he speedily shows up!

Abeg sharrap, I have never been known to be biased on this forum. I always stand for the truth even though you and your cohorts hate the truth.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Moderate Religion Helps Terrorist Groups / 11 Year Old Genius Out To Prove Hawking Wrong After His Death: "God Does Exist" / Dealing With Pride As A Christian.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 153
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.