Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,282 members, 7,807,948 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:39 PM

What Are The Most Important Words Of Advice Given You By Your Parent? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Are The Most Important Words Of Advice Given You By Your Parent? (21577 Views)

8 words of advice for the Unmarried Single Mothers. / Words Of Advice From A Mother To Her Daughter / Any Word Of Advice To Those Scared Of Getting Married? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Are The Most Important Words Of Advice Given You By Your Parent? by Nobody: 8:21am On Sep 01, 2014
He would always end his advice with "my son, always be simple. Simplicity is the best policy."

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Most Important Words Of Advice Given You By Your Parent? by Moblord(m): 8:21am On Sep 01, 2014
Avoid bad friends

1 Like

Re: What Are The Most Important Words Of Advice Given You By Your Parent? by Nobody: 8:22am On Sep 01, 2014
What is left undone never does itself.

3 Likes

Re: What Are The Most Important Words Of Advice Given You By Your Parent? by Nobody: 8:22am On Sep 01, 2014
Never soil your reputation in all you do.

1 Like

Re: What Are The Most Important Words Of Advice Given You By Your Parent? by Nobody: 8:26am On Sep 01, 2014
from my mum; " your money is your power!"
My mum does not believe that you should be short of money so much that you don't have something on you in case of an emergency. She believes that when you are going out, you should have at least enough on you for food, transport, airtime, and an hospital card. That's why I try my best not to let myself become so broke as to not have at least some substantial amount of money on me.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Are The Most Important Words Of Advice Given You By Your Parent? by Nobody: 8:27am On Sep 01, 2014
...The best advice I've received till date didn't come from my parents...

A senior friend I met during service year...

You must trust God like He is all you got and like your life depended on it...

Sometimes when things get tough, I hold these words for dear life

7 Likes

Re: What Are The Most Important Words Of Advice Given You By Your Parent? by Nobody: 8:28am On Sep 01, 2014
Whatever you won't eat, don't smell it. Mum.

3 Likes

Re: What Are The Most Important Words Of Advice Given You By Your Parent? by Tbaby4real(f): 8:28am On Sep 01, 2014
My mum: "don't allow anyone to pull you down with their words, keep your heads up". She is always concern about our self esteem cos we are girls...... Love you mummy.

4 Likes

Re: What Are The Most Important Words Of Advice Given You By Your Parent? by passionate88: 8:30am On Sep 01, 2014
Passionate, no pursue toto o, when u marry na u go see am run.

Passionate: But mama I no go like to marry o.

Momsy: Raises hand to slap the Holy spirit into me.

Passionate: Runaway like David Rudisha
Re: What Are The Most Important Words Of Advice Given You By Your Parent? by ayomidegambari(m): 8:31am On Sep 01, 2014
My son, you see all good things of life doesn't come free, always remember that I do tell you that 'cultism is evil my son', and do not pay your attention to girls they are really dangerous. Make me proud of you among my friends.
Re: What Are The Most Important Words Of Advice Given You By Your Parent? by shilexholly(m): 8:32am On Sep 01, 2014
U beta dnt kill ur sef because of skool dos d̶̲̥̅̊α† didn't go sef make it in life ur time will surly come.....Ǻn̶̲̥̅̊ԃ behold my people it came.

1 Like

Re: What Are The Most Important Words Of Advice Given You By Your Parent? by Suarezpatrick: 8:33am On Sep 01, 2014
"small pikin never start market, e say gain wan kill am"..that's my dad words towards us when we r doing something wrong
Re: What Are The Most Important Words Of Advice Given You By Your Parent? by Chitexs250(m): 8:33am On Sep 01, 2014
Keep your hands clean it pays alot.
Re: What Are The Most Important Words Of Advice Given You By Your Parent? by babzlim(m): 8:38am On Sep 01, 2014
KNOW EVENT KNOW HISTORY.
Re: What Are The Most Important Words Of Advice Given You By Your Parent? by oracle009(m): 8:38am On Sep 01, 2014
my mom said 'son, beware of fellowship sisters o, most of them are wolves in blouses'... Funningly, Na one sis for d felowshp i brot home afta grad o...i don dsobey her (starts cryn)... My dad only told me not to join hands pray for ppl o, coz ogbanje plenty for world(he knws i luv to pray)...bt atleast, i held 10revivals as an undergrad (i don dsobey im too). Brethen, pls pray for me o, a disobedient fella
Re: What Are The Most Important Words Of Advice Given You By Your Parent? by Bitojoe(m): 8:41am On Sep 01, 2014
alexasomba: Before I left for the University my Mom said to me "always remember where you are coming from." sounded ordinary at first until it started influencing my decisions, till this very day based on those words I still think about family especially before making my long term decisions. It's almost as though she programmed my mind.

My Dad used parables a lot and one of them was "you can blame your parents for who you are but you cannot blame them for who you become" His own words rings like a bell in my head, telling me I'm to take responsibility for my own life.

They don't know how much their words impacted me though I'm (secretely) grateful.

Have you been given any good advice by your parent, grandparent, relative or anyone that mattered to you? Kindly share with us.

i realy value my late mum advise.she keeps telling me when she's still alive,that whatsoever my mind tells me to do,that i should do it.if it is good thought.this words gives me moving everyday.

3 Likes

Re: What Are The Most Important Words Of Advice Given You By Your Parent? by Nobody: 8:41am On Sep 01, 2014
Three words from dad always. Determination. Dedication. Devotion. Must always have these three in my life. When I got older he added Decision.

1 Like

Re: What Are The Most Important Words Of Advice Given You By Your Parent? by Nobody: 8:42am On Sep 01, 2014
Don't chase girls but chase what girls want.

6 Likes

Re: What Are The Most Important Words Of Advice Given You By Your Parent? by yokiti: 8:43am On Sep 01, 2014
Always remember the Son of whom you are. i trust that you wont disappoint.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Are The Most Important Words Of Advice Given You By Your Parent? by phransix147(m): 8:44am On Sep 01, 2014
dhammyg: MY MOTHER:

*DAMI DON'T GO NEAR A BOY.OR ELSE U WILL GET PREGNANT* cheesygrin

ABEG TODAY NA MY BIRTHDAY.MAKECUNA WISH ME HAPPY BIRTHDAY wink

And now u have not kept to momma's advise... Happy Birthday dear... Have a nyc one dear!
Re: What Are The Most Important Words Of Advice Given You By Your Parent? by cosmatika(m): 8:44am On Sep 01, 2014
My son, neva U 4get God. Alwz pray cos dats d key

1 Like

Re: What Are The Most Important Words Of Advice Given You By Your Parent? by Otamayomi1(f): 8:45am On Sep 01, 2014
[color=#990000][/color]
Mum said "prayer works 4 all things. Never 4get 2 pray 2 God Ur creator. Know whose daughter u r and d home u'r going out 4rm. Choose a church d spirit of God dwells and make sure u'r faithful 2 it. Atend weekly services. I will always pray 4 u".

1 Like

Re: What Are The Most Important Words Of Advice Given You By Your Parent? by whizjay(m): 8:45am On Sep 01, 2014
My mum (in igbo)

''open your ears,, you see these girls? All these girls.... Stay away from them oh!! They will ruin your life oh.... Don't say I did not tell you"
wink wink

My dad.....

Thinking*

Hmmm....

Now that I think of it, Popsy didn't advice me that much except the occasional ''Read ya books, so you can make us proud".

1 Like

Re: What Are The Most Important Words Of Advice Given You By Your Parent? by Nobody: 8:45am On Sep 01, 2014
phransix147:

And now u have not kept to momma's advise... Happy Birthday dear... Have a nyc one dear!
HOW DID U KNOW tongue ANYWAYS THANKS FOR THE BIRTHDAY WISHESsmiley
Re: What Are The Most Important Words Of Advice Given You By Your Parent? by mrarranger: 8:49am On Sep 01, 2014
My dad will always say'use your head n*gga'
Re: What Are The Most Important Words Of Advice Given You By Your Parent? by babzlim(m): 8:50am On Sep 01, 2014
valmunich: You see this aunty, don't greet her!
do u call dat An advice, u most be joking.....
Re: What Are The Most Important Words Of Advice Given You By Your Parent? by hayoakins(m): 8:52am On Sep 01, 2014
When asked for money, never SAY NO, if you can't give all, give the proportion you can as you may be the person's last resort - Words of my SweetestMama

5 Likes

Re: What Are The Most Important Words Of Advice Given You By Your Parent? by jauntty: 8:52am On Sep 01, 2014
The one advice that has made me both successful and responsible was given by my Dad..He told me that "Am EXCUSE is like a bribe , Never give an Excuse and Never take an Excuse ". Throughout my school days and now that am working, I always thrive hard to excel becos I will never give any Excuse for failing, no matter how 'Good' the excuse my sound.

6 Likes

Re: What Are The Most Important Words Of Advice Given You By Your Parent? by nickz(m): 8:54am On Sep 01, 2014
my mom is always about girls
"umu nwanyi bukwa ekwensu"gringrin
lmao

my dad only gave a Bleep about your school grades and cond0mcheesy
Re: What Are The Most Important Words Of Advice Given You By Your Parent? by Godfullsam(m): 8:54am On Sep 01, 2014
My mother always say ' don't bite more than you can chew and don't start what you know you cannot finish.
Always remember the son of whom you are...
Re: What Are The Most Important Words Of Advice Given You By Your Parent? by Anoneism(m): 8:54am On Sep 01, 2014
my dad told me this on his sick and dying bed:
“HE WHO BELIEVE IN LEGACY IS ON HIS WAY TO PENURY".
I thank goodness that I received that admonition from him prior to his demise else I would have lost out being who I am today because the issues of inheritance that ensued after his death would have been disastrous for me.
RIP DAD!!! Your son will forever remain grateful.

My MUM often tell me this
"PHYSICAL STRENGTH IS NOTHING WHEN COMPARE WITH MENTAL STRENGTH. BE MENTALLY STRONG MY SON".
Her advice is borne out of the fact that I take delights in beating up my twin sister.

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Most Important Words Of Advice Given You By Your Parent? by AreaFada2: 8:56am On Sep 01, 2014
dhammyg: MY MOTHER:

*DAMI DON'T GO NEAR A BOY.OR ELSE U WILL GET PREGNANT* cheesygrin

ABEG TODAY NA MY BIRTHDAY.MAKECUNA WISH ME HAPPY BIRTHDAY wink
HBD LLNP!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Open Challenge! Show Me One Recent Notable Feminist Who Had A Great Marriage / Slut Walk For Women's Right / Confused!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.