Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,390 members, 7,808,378 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:11 AM

What Are The Most Important Words Of Advice Given You By Your Parent? - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Are The Most Important Words Of Advice Given You By Your Parent? (21578 Views)

8 words of advice for the Unmarried Single Mothers. / Words Of Advice From A Mother To Her Daughter / Any Word Of Advice To Those Scared Of Getting Married? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Are The Most Important Words Of Advice Given You By Your Parent? by harthy007: 7:01pm On Sep 01, 2014
In my 3rd year ,my dad told me a month before he died that I should leave my life in humility, loyalty, integrity and that I should be commited to what I find my self doing. Surprisingly ,he came to visit me in school.

Another common he rings into my ear is"read your book, study else u will suffer"

I am in my finals now..I live by those words.
RIP dad.

4 Likes

Re: What Are The Most Important Words Of Advice Given You By Your Parent? by ukchy: 7:04pm On Sep 01, 2014
Am very close to my dad.We chat alot and he is soo fond of me

Chi mummy,datz my pet name winkAlways draw your parameters in life especially in relationship,(DO NOT SETTLE FOR LESS) no matter what and also,You don't go to husband house with Mrs/Mr right.He use to say it in Igbo "Adi eji Mr/Mrs right eje be di"

This really help me today.....
I miss him soooo much...RIP best Dad...we will met again SOME DAY

4 Likes

Re: What Are The Most Important Words Of Advice Given You By Your Parent? by AdeniyiA(m): 7:21pm On Sep 01, 2014
ebolablast: go ye into the world and multiply
...i hope you're carrying on with the ministry? so tell me(whisper it) how many girls you don 'pump' cheesy
Re: What Are The Most Important Words Of Advice Given You By Your Parent? by iyes(m): 7:36pm On Sep 01, 2014
That I should never join anyone in planning or ganging up against anyone in rebellion, as the end of all such people is always bad, irrespective of whether they were successful with the plot or not.

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Most Important Words Of Advice Given You By Your Parent? by Driftingking(m): 8:04pm On Sep 01, 2014
My dad be like "ONCE YOU LEAVE THIS HOUSE,ANYBODY YOU SEE OUTSIDE IS AN ENEMY"

mumsy be like "UKPALA OKPOKO GBURU,NTI CHIRI YA" the igbos know watsup.
Re: What Are The Most Important Words Of Advice Given You By Your Parent? by Marven: 8:05pm On Sep 01, 2014
[color=#770077][/color]My dad once told me something that sounded ordinary and simple when I was about 16 now 34. He said to me: what ever you want to do, do it with maximum concentration till you are done. Up till today, I have not forgotten the manner, the situation, the height of voice which he said it even the time of the day when he said it. And this has helped me a lot!
Re: What Are The Most Important Words Of Advice Given You By Your Parent? by hameen11: 8:07pm On Sep 01, 2014
MYSTERIOUS!!! Meet 14yrs old Ali Hussain, The Boy With The Body Of A 110-year-old Man (photos)

This 14-year-old boy, Ali Hussain, has been left with the body of a 110-year-old
in India because he has a rare disease which makes him age eight times
faster than normal.

For Full news and More Photos About this Mysterious Boy Click the link Below. Viewers discretion!!

http://www.tininews.com/meet-14yrs-old-ali-hussain-boy-body-110-year-old-man-photos/

Re: What Are The Most Important Words Of Advice Given You By Your Parent? by ebolablast: 8:13pm On Sep 01, 2014
AdeniyiA:
...i hope you're carrying on with the ministry? so tell me(whisper it) how many girls you don 'pump' cheesy

adaobi,funke,chidera,ola,yemisi,Victoria, Gloria,oooo Cynthia leave me make I reply Dis my friend b4 we go go 8th round na*
Re: What Are The Most Important Words Of Advice Given You By Your Parent? by Nobody: 8:23pm On Sep 01, 2014
mindworx: Me and my dad, we are not close. The first day i entered University, he took me there. Immediately i came down out of the car, he called me and said:

'Femi, In the school, you will find the library, and in the same school, you will see clubs. You are the architect of your life. I have paid you my dues. All the best.'

Consciously or not, that is what fueled me through.

As for my mum, she prays for me on phone every 1st day of the month.

Dammy Happy Birthday to you. You are now free to go near a boy.
LOL .THANKS THOUGHsmiley
Re: What Are The Most Important Words Of Advice Given You By Your Parent? by nnamdizen(m): 8:47pm On Sep 01, 2014
Never let a woman be the reason for any action u take in life

1 Like

Re: What Are The Most Important Words Of Advice Given You By Your Parent? by swizzle(m): 8:49pm On Sep 01, 2014
From Dad... The down fall of a man comes from his mouth and the thing in-between his legs

From Mom... Nothing as good as keeping your hands clean in all you do

Awesome folks I tell ya smiley
Re: What Are The Most Important Words Of Advice Given You By Your Parent? by musicwriter(m): 9:36pm On Sep 01, 2014
DaWorshiper: Akpata atufuo, ejighiya abu ogaranya.
Translation: spending as frequently as you earn will never make u rich.

You can't get rich by living a lavish life. Or, you can't get rich by lavishing away what you've got.
Re: What Are The Most Important Words Of Advice Given You By Your Parent? by musicwriter(m): 10:24pm On Sep 01, 2014
When I was coming to Lagos.

From my grandmom: Never stand or sign as a guarantor on behalf of anybody.

From my paternal mom: Hard times is part of the making of a man.

Paternal mom: Do not take what doesn't belong to you.

My uncle: Good things do not finish.
Re: What Are The Most Important Words Of Advice Given You By Your Parent? by wmoruf(m): 10:25pm On Sep 01, 2014
"Ranti omo eni tin o nse...meaning.....always remember d son of who u are
Re: What Are The Most Important Words Of Advice Given You By Your Parent? by Jasi7(m): 11:28pm On Sep 01, 2014
kibo: Keep your hands clean, for WHATEVER YOU SOW, YOU SHALL REAP !!
exactly what my dad said to me in my two hundred level
Re: What Are The Most Important Words Of Advice Given You By Your Parent? by yerilistik: 11:44pm On Sep 01, 2014
Every man shall see what other men saw.
- My dad (RIP)
Re: What Are The Most Important Words Of Advice Given You By Your Parent? by Nobody: 12:52am On Sep 02, 2014
My mum used to advise that I shouldn't listen to all the small small boys trying to chase me in the neighborhood. That the only thing the want to do is to spoil my future without offering any good thing. In her words " see my daughter go to school and by the time you graduate and have a good job, it is men with good jobs that will chase you". She will also that "by that time even if you want to wear long dress and make sure the slits reaches your hips so when you walk breeze will carry it and people will be seeing your pants". Literally it means that by that time with education you can afford your own things and not depending on this small boys to buy you aboki perfume.

She also added that as a woman that I should try to make my own money and sees a man's money as addition. Because tomorrow the man may decide to marry a second wife and stop caring for you and the kids. Then what will you do? To me then it sounds harsh but today I thank God for it.

1 Like

Re: What Are The Most Important Words Of Advice Given You By Your Parent? by t2luv1: 12:58am On Sep 02, 2014
(My Dad RIP. When I was leaving the village going to Lagos for the first time)

Remember any so call friends of yours, in that Lagos that you are going to, that says that you are stingy just because you are an Ijebu man are thief. Because if they are not trying to steal from you how would they have known that you are stingy. Never forget that. Classic lol

1 Like

Re: What Are The Most Important Words Of Advice Given You By Your Parent? by souleymon(m): 4:37am On Sep 02, 2014
Money wise, pound foolish.that's word.
It stirred me to being money conscious till date
Re: What Are The Most Important Words Of Advice Given You By Your Parent? by lymelyte(m): 5:00am On Sep 02, 2014
Kefetjey: what u cant do in my presence, dont do it in my absence....this advice really helped me. I remember the first time I wanted to have sex in the process of kissing, I just remembered this advice and I told him to STOP......I really felt somehow that day and I also will give that same advice to my children
so are u still a virgin?
Re: What Are The Most Important Words Of Advice Given You By Your Parent? by DaWorshiper(m): 6:42am On Sep 02, 2014
musicwriter:

You can't get rich by living a lavish life. Or, you can't get rich by lavishing away what you've got.
No be dsame tin? Oga
Re: What Are The Most Important Words Of Advice Given You By Your Parent? by Nobody: 7:08am On Sep 02, 2014
Everything but the grace of God eventually runs out. No matter how big anything is, it will finish someday. God's Grace however outlive all...

An advice from my mother to eventually stop me from stealing fried meat grin when I was younger, no one could protect fried meat from me. If you like kill me. Since pankere wasn't doing the trick, the true words were resorted to. I am now such a huge believer of the words that nothing can make me covetous.

1 Like

Re: What Are The Most Important Words Of Advice Given You By Your Parent? by Nobody: 7:35am On Sep 02, 2014
lymelyte: so are u still a virgin?
I guess that should be personal

1 Like

Re: What Are The Most Important Words Of Advice Given You By Your Parent? by Ekundayo7: 8:12am On Sep 02, 2014
My father: "Think for yourself", meaning use your brain and come to your own conclusions on things, don't be lazy and let others tell you what is what, investigate everything in life and form your own opinions from true knowledge, learn to overcome or adapt things by using your head, don't follow others because you are too lazy or unprincipled...at least that is how I took it.
Re: What Are The Most Important Words Of Advice Given You By Your Parent? by Heycube(m): 10:24am On Sep 02, 2014
From my Dad: Pray to God for direction and stop busy body.

From my Mum: Remember the son of whom u are. Don't marry *Edekede* (sum1 dt doesn't undastand yoruba).
Re: What Are The Most Important Words Of Advice Given You By Your Parent? by Tobilastik(m): 11:09am On Sep 02, 2014
read as if u don't ve God nd pray as if u know nothing

be prayerful

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Are The Most Important Words Of Advice Given You By Your Parent? by zyzxx(m): 11:42am On Sep 02, 2014
many.. Aside from praying for me and my bro she do say " a downfall of a man is not d end of is life" don't stop trying until u attain success in life
Re: What Are The Most Important Words Of Advice Given You By Your Parent? by Maxxxcarter(m): 12:10pm On Sep 02, 2014
Ola go and marry
Re: What Are The Most Important Words Of Advice Given You By Your Parent? by coolguyone(m): 2:13pm On Sep 02, 2014
beeevan:

grin i think sey nah only meoo.
ehyah so shameful
Re: What Are The Most Important Words Of Advice Given You By Your Parent? by coolguyone(m): 2:16pm On Sep 02, 2014
valmunich: You see this aunty, don't greet her!
lolz hw dis generation go take beta wen dere is no love

1 Like

Re: What Are The Most Important Words Of Advice Given You By Your Parent? by beeevan: 2:50pm On Sep 02, 2014
coolguyone: ehyah so shameful

Shameful that a child is so responsible that the parent didn't think further advise was necessary? Your definition of Shame is an assault on a normal psyche.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Open Challenge! Show Me One Recent Notable Feminist Who Had A Great Marriage / Slut Walk For Women's Right / Confused!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.