Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,916 members, 7,806,662 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:11 PM

Is There Room For Forgiveness For A Deliberate Sinner? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is There Room For Forgiveness For A Deliberate Sinner? (779 Views)

Should Christians Keep Asking For Forgiveness For Their Sins? / Church Robbers Beg God For Forgiveness In Enugu / A Born Again Christian Is Not A Sinner (even If He Sins) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is There Room For Forgiveness For A Deliberate Sinner? by Goghene(f): 10:22pm On Aug 31, 2014
Please,
can God forgive a "so called christian" who knows the truth, but who
chooses to commit sin, even when the conscience condemms? Is there still
room for forgiveness for such one?
Re: Is There Room For Forgiveness For A Deliberate Sinner? by emmyskies(m): 1:50pm On Sep 02, 2014
That is what will bring many to hell, JESUS CHRIST has already told us to do away with anything that will cause us to sin, even if it is our eye or hand.
If a christian sins, and dies without repenting, na hell be that
That is what will make the many that are called to be condemned amongst the few that will be chosen.

The King of Kings alreay warned us:
"Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity." (Matthew 7:21-23)

As He said, iniquity(sin) is what will make Him reject them.

It is written: THE WAGE OF SIN IS DEATH!!!
Re: Is There Room For Forgiveness For A Deliberate Sinner? by Goghene(f): 12:07am On Sep 05, 2014
@emmyskies thanks alot. But my qiestions is can God still forgive such person?
Re: Is There Room For Forgiveness For A Deliberate Sinner? by Emperor4God(m): 2:10am On Sep 05, 2014
Goghene: @emmyskies thanks alot. But my qiestions is can God still forgive such person?

ONCE YOU ASK FORGIVENESS, YOU WOULD BE FORGIVEN.

BECAUSE THE ONLY SIN THAT WOULD NEVER BE FORGIVEN ARE ONES AGAINST HIM THE HOLY GHOST.

Matthew 12:32
And whosoever speaketh a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him:
but whosoever speaketh against the Holy Ghost,
it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world, neither in the world to come.

NOW THE PROBLEM LIES IN THE FACT THAT NOBODY KNOWS WHEN THEY ARE GOING TO DIE!
WHAT IF AS YOU ARE SINNING YOU DIE AND CANNOT ASK FOR FORGIVENESS ?
Re: Is There Room For Forgiveness For A Deliberate Sinner? by chikweezy(m): 7:09am On Sep 05, 2014
@op,I believe dat 'deliberate sinner' has to be put in proper perspective. For instance,saul later paul the apostle was actually a deliberate sinner as he consistently persecuted the christians but God still found him worthy for his(God's) service,why? Because he hadn't accepted/believed in Jesus and so we can say,doesn't have the Spirit of God in him. Now,this is rather different from a person who accepted christ,is 'supposedly' led by the Spirit of God,but then continues to sin consciously. Hebrew 6:5-6 put this issue in perspective. A portion of this passage even says dias no longer atonment for sin for such a person,which was likened to crucifying christ a second time. Anyway,this is subject to various interpretation. Also,this link should throw more light on the issue www.comereason.org/hebrews-6.asp
Re: Is There Room For Forgiveness For A Deliberate Sinner? by PastorOluT(m): 9:39am On Sep 05, 2014
Goghene: @emmyskies thanks alot. But my qiestions is can God still forgive such person?

Yes, God can still forgive such people if they genuinely repent from their hypocrisy. Bt the truth is that these set of people don't easily repent 'cos they think to be wise and smart that whenever they sin all they need to do is go ask for forgiveness. Thus the delusion keeps them in a lifestyle of sin which leads to Hell.

The bible expressly says, 'Do not be deceived for God can't be mocked, for whatever a man shows that he shall reap. If you sow to the flesh you shall of the flesh reap corruption, and if you sow to the spirit you shall of the spirit reap life everlasting.

Galatian 6:7-8

2 Likes

Re: Is There Room For Forgiveness For A Deliberate Sinner? by twosquare(m): 10:38am On Sep 05, 2014
Goghene: Please,
can God forgive a "so called christian" who knows the truth, but who
chooses to commit sin, even when the conscience condemms? Is there still
room for forgiveness for such one?
God will forgive such a person but he/she needs to be careful,lest his/her conscience be seared totally&be sealed unto the name of Blasphemy in this crucial hour.
Re: Is There Room For Forgiveness For A Deliberate Sinner? by Goghene(f): 6:12pm On Sep 07, 2014
Thanks all, I really appreciate all ur contributions

1 Like

Re: Is There Room For Forgiveness For A Deliberate Sinner? by Goghene(f): 6:51pm On Sep 07, 2014
@Chikwezy, that is what I mean, a person who had known God before but chooses to sin conciously, not minding the conscience, can God still forgive such person?
Re: Is There Room For Forgiveness For A Deliberate Sinner? by emmyskies(m): 8:58pm On Sep 07, 2014
Goghene: @Chikwezy, that is what I mean, a person who had known God before but chooses to sin conciously, not minding the conscience, can God still forgive such person?
PastorOluT is right.
Mind you, if a christian deliberately sin, he is trying to mock GOD because he knows fully well that GOD doesn't want him to do that, that GOD hates sin yet he does it. And you already know that GOD cannot be mocked(Galatians 6:7).

Goghene, that is why such people will recieve a very great damnation than people that don't know GOD. It is very very very dangerous my dear:

"For it had been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than, after they have known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered unto them." (2 Peter 2:21)

"And that servant, which knew his lord’s will, and prepared not himself, neither did according to his will, shall be beaten with many stripes. But he that knew not, and did commit things worthy of stripes, shall be beaten with few stripes. For unto whomsoever much is given, of him shall be much required: and to whom men have committed much, of him they will ask the more." (Luke 12:47-48)

It is very dangerous. Try avoid sinning consciously at all cost. Though you can be forgiven if you genuinely repent and promise not to go back to such again
Re: Is There Room For Forgiveness For A Deliberate Sinner? by twosquare(m): 9:06pm On Sep 07, 2014
Goghene: @Chikwezy, that is what I mean, a person who had known God before but chooses to sin conciously, not minding the conscience, can God still forgive such person?
I hope you saw my reply above. Yes,He will but a person who knows God, not just someone who believes...98% of people on earth believes in God but don't 'know God'...these are two different things entirely. KNowers have come to know the power of His resurrection and have been a partaker of the fellowship of His sufferings; they have tasted the powers of the world to come and have the eyes of their understanding enlightened. If they turn back and sin(to declare that they don't 'believe' in Him anymore). Such a one has comitted an unpardonable sin, but believers can have their conscience seared that they may go deeper into perdition but their sins can still be forgiven but the former I mentioned can't be forgiven.
Re: Is There Room For Forgiveness For A Deliberate Sinner? by Goghene(f): 7:21am On Sep 08, 2014
Thanks all. your contribution has been of great impact. God bless you all.
Re: Is There Room For Forgiveness For A Deliberate Sinner? by Nobody: 8:06am On Sep 08, 2014
A deliberate sinner who whole heartedly repents and begs for forgiveness would obtain mercy from God

(1) (Reply)

Im In Love Oooooooo / What Is Religion And How Is It Explainable? / Christians I Beg You Read This

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.