Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,975 members, 7,806,835 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:12 AM

Ten Things I Would Want The President To Change - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ten Things I Would Want The President To Change (690 Views)

Libya: Ten Things About Gaddafi They Dont Want You To Know / I Would Mark Time At The Senate, May Succeed Jonathan In 2019 - Gov. Aliyu / Turai Would Want Her Husband To Leave Power - Confidant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ten Things I Would Want The President To Change by KaiMallam: 3:20am On Sep 01, 2014
I'm making a list of 10 things that I would want to see the next president of Nigeria to change/improve upon come 2015. My list of 10 areas I want to see changes includes the following:

1. Youth Employment
2. University education
3. Electricity
4. Security
5. Access to loans for SMEs
6. Good roads
7. Railway network
8. Tourism
9. Healthcare
10. Sanitation
Re: Ten Things I Would Want The President To Change by Nobody: 3:27am On Sep 01, 2014
Just one thing and other things will fall in place

Fight Corruption and Make an example of the arrested one even if they contribute money to rally support for him via TAN,Neighbour-2-Neighbour,
Re: Ten Things I Would Want The President To Change by Nobody: 4:05am On Sep 01, 2014
....FAST FORWARD TO THE YEAR 2019 AD

I'm making a list of 10 things that I would want to see the next president of Nigeria to change/improve upon come 2019. My list of 10 areas I want to see changes includes the following:

1. Youth Employment
2. University education
3. Electricity
4. Security
5. Access to loans for SMEs
6. Good roads
7. Railway network
8. Tourism
9. Healthcare
10. Sanitation

I really hope that won't be the case, I hope by then(in 2019), our list might look more like so:

01. Youth Employment Cut down unemployment rate from were it stands currently at 15% to below 10%.
02. University education Increase our top university ranking on the list of top uni. in the world, from 100 to 50.
03. Electricity Push to add 5,000 more megawatts to our grid, making a total of 25,000 MW.
04. Security Push for policy to limit the use of Nigerian drones.
05. Access to loans for SMEs Cut down interest rates for SMEs from 7% to below 5%.
06. Good roads Push for the construction of new super highways, to complement our already good and extensive road network.
07. Railway network Add two more bullet train infrastructure connecting critical locations.
08. Tourism Seek to increase income from medical tourism from it's current amount of $20m to $40m.
09. Healthcare Seek to rise from the tenth position to the fifth position on the list of top earning countries in the world for medical tourism.
10.Sanitation Push for a more gentle fine for littering, as the streets are mostly clean, but people still make mistakes, and the fine shouldn't be too steep.

I know we can do a lot in 4 years with the right administrators at every level of government, so in essence we should be looking to solve new problems, not the same ol' stuff like gimme light, gimme food, gimme water. It's saddens me that in 2014 politicians will still campaign with "I will give you water", "I will give you electricity", "I will give you good roads", "I will give you education"...

I wish we could all vote wisely at every level, and shun both stomach and tribal politics.
Re: Ten Things I Would Want The President To Change by bunmioguns(m): 5:38am On Sep 01, 2014
I want him to first change our first lady

cool

please follow me to
www.nairaland.com/1852534/mtn-etisalat-
data-cheapest-rate and see things for yourself
Re: Ten Things I Would Want The President To Change by Dubby6(m): 5:45am On Sep 01, 2014
Was expecting to c something on health
Abi u wan make Ebola clear Naija before 2019?
Re: Ten Things I Would Want The President To Change by lilprinze: 6:07am On Sep 01, 2014
I would like him to punish and deal with the hell out of BH sponsors if possible he should kill all of them .
I would also like him to fight corruption and make sure any corrupt politician is sent to 20 years imprisonment with hard labor and all their properties should be sold and used to develop the country .

(1) (Reply)

See The 10 Political Quotes Of The Week / AMAECHI CRIES OUT: How The North Deceived Me With Tambuwal/amaechi Ticket - Gov. / I Am Not Going Into Office With Blonde Hair If Elected - Tony Tetuila

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.