Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,697 members, 7,805,863 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:33 AM

Boko Haram: FG Acquires 12 Fighter Jets - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boko Haram: FG Acquires 12 Fighter Jets (42949 Views)

Chibok Girls Rescue: Military Deploys 2 Fighter Jets, 4 Helicopters In Gwoza / Boko-Haram: FG Needs Amnesty From Us Not Contrary / Boko Haram: Fg May Engage Us Marines! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Boko Haram: FG Acquires 12 Fighter Jets by Blockus: 9:11am On Sep 01, 2014
Pangea:

grin grin grin grin
Nigerian reporters, zero research! grin
Shilka is the nickname of the ZSU-23-4, a lightly armored, self-propelled, radar guided anti-aircraft weapon system (SPAAG)
It went into service in 1965 and its not modern at all! grin
A fearsome and deadly weapon system!
I believe Nigeria already have it in her armory!

And why are we purchasing Anti-Aircraft Guns to fight ground trrops?

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram: FG Acquires 12 Fighter Jets by shiffynaani(m): 9:13am On Sep 01, 2014
Jonathan is too blind to fish their fvcking sponsors out! He's busy wasting wasting national treasure on this damn shit! What a president;sad
Re: Boko Haram: FG Acquires 12 Fighter Jets by ZeusAyo: 9:13am On Sep 01, 2014
Ofin11: and the NAF wiil deploy this machinery to the war front without previous handling or knowledge of it? I'm smelling jackshit
there is something called after service training bro and besides do you think they would acquire Λ hardware that they don't have previous training on?
Re: Boko Haram: FG Acquires 12 Fighter Jets by Nobody: 9:13am On Sep 01, 2014
chimoz:
Happy buffday sweetheart, I couldn't see any brand new range rover autobiography, the ones I saw were on pre-order from fhemmy and I don't want you to drive al this yeye pre-order stuff with their attendant problem so I got you a mercedes G65 G wagon 2014 model. You will like it.
THANKSsmiley
Re: Boko Haram: FG Acquires 12 Fighter Jets by Kennyfancy(m): 9:13am On Sep 01, 2014
eunisam: My advice to FG is to declair war in the North East instead of state of emergency.every citizen should vacate those state.
vacant to where.. ur hux...as a matter of fact,every single person in the north-east is a member of dis Islamic terrorist group called boko-harram..
so leave dem there

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram: FG Acquires 12 Fighter Jets by ebolablast: 9:14am On Sep 01, 2014
SUBMARINE:

Pls shut up who made you Igbo. ?
How old are you.?
Do you know the genesis of the Biafran war.?

for a moment I taught I was discussing with a matured mind..I no blame u sha
Re: Boko Haram: FG Acquires 12 Fighter Jets by kazon2014: 9:15am On Sep 01, 2014
Shiika was derived from shekau

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram: FG Acquires 12 Fighter Jets by Nobody: 9:16am On Sep 01, 2014
SUBMARINE:

You are outdated on BH war.
BH uses AA guns to kill troops from afar
Shilka will help us kill BH from afar once placed horizontal

You are forgetting something.

A Shilka gun is self propelled. How do you hope to adapt that to ground warfare.

A Shilka gun needs clear line of sight to be able to fire. How can you use a weapon that is not exactly that precise and suited for ground attacks to take out an enemy that majorly uses ambush tactics

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram: FG Acquires 12 Fighter Jets by chukxie(m): 9:17am On Sep 01, 2014
Information like this ought to have been classified. But not in Nigeria. It's out there in the open for Boko Haram sympathizers, sponsors and militants to read about; strategize and even acquire superior weapons well in advance to counter whatever weapons our military intend to purchase.

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram: FG Acquires 12 Fighter Jets by Youpele52: 9:21am On Sep 01, 2014
Ebola virus Ebola virus
Think it came from chimps or bat or bush meat
Google "CDC patent" or "Ebola patent"
And see who's invention it is

More here

www.nairaland.com/1881874/why-does-cdc-own-patent#25925474
Re: Boko Haram: FG Acquires 12 Fighter Jets by jiddodo: 9:21am On Sep 01, 2014
I just hope it goes to d Nigerian military n not d insurgents. Keepin my fingers crossed thou
Re: Boko Haram: FG Acquires 12 Fighter Jets by thwarrior72: 9:23am On Sep 01, 2014
What we need is nuclear weapon, to nuke the entire north tongue

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram: FG Acquires 12 Fighter Jets by Nobody: 9:24am On Sep 01, 2014
this was my tweet pic weeks ago..." can the USA loan us just 10 of this, so boko ll be history...i guess someone up there read my tweet then cos they seem to have taken my advice.....hahahah grin grin grin grin

Re: Boko Haram: FG Acquires 12 Fighter Jets by SUBMARINE: 9:25am On Sep 01, 2014
ebolablast:

for a moment I taught I was discussing with a matured mind..I no blame u sha

I repeat who made you Igbo

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram: FG Acquires 12 Fighter Jets by SUBMARINE: 9:26am On Sep 01, 2014
princefunmi:

You are forgetting something.

A Shilka gun is self propelled. How do you hope to adapt that to ground warfare.

A Shilka gun needs clear line of sight to be able to fire. How can you use a weapon that is not exactly that precise and suited for ground attacks to take out an enemy that majorly uses ambush tactics

It was used during the Ecomog wars

2 Likes

Re: Boko Haram: FG Acquires 12 Fighter Jets by elemagoon(m): 9:26am On Sep 01, 2014
So police have RPG, AA Guns M-16 MPMG in BH's hands? if NPF have these weapons, there wont b any BH in the first place. Remember 6 PMF Maiduguri were wastng them all bfr ALJAZEERA TI NHRC and their sponsors started crying Human Rights. Reporter abeg get ur facts right oo. Lastly its on record, PMF Gwoza was attacked twice bfr BH penetrated; frstly, 08/08/2014 bfr they succeeded 20/08/2014 owing to superior firepower. Na only AK-47 police get ooo.
Re: Boko Haram: FG Acquires 12 Fighter Jets by InvertedHammer: 9:26am On Sep 01, 2014
Denn:

if you turn the gun's turret to an horizontal position and fire, no matter how ''rambo-ish'' you are, even at a distance of 2km, the enemy would be turned into shreds.

google the term ''technical'' and you will understand that anti-aircraft is just a name...boko haram has been deploying same strategy ever since...thats why they can ambush our guys and tear them into shreds from 2 kilometres away...the range of an AK47 is around 300 metres...men are been killed by an unseen enemy...our hiluxes shattered like wet tissue paper.

now we are deploying same tactic...spray them from afar with our shilka "Baygon"" and we watch them die like the roaches which they are

/
No be person go fire am?

The ones way the military dey leave tear race and Boko boys aka Allah boys go collect am.

Some political opportunists don use Boko issues hammer be that.

The caption should be "Nigeria buys more armament for BH"

\
Re: Boko Haram: FG Acquires 12 Fighter Jets by Nobody: 9:26am On Sep 01, 2014
dhammyg:
THANKSsmiley
Welcome, do I get a kiss?
Re: Boko Haram: FG Acquires 12 Fighter Jets by pannyman(m): 9:29am On Sep 01, 2014
You're spot on, bro. One million likes for you. I was shocked to see the military still displaying these out dated weapons a couple of years ago. I still remember seeing them on display in the early 80s at Murtala Square in Kaduna!

These self-propelled guns are not even available for buyers anymore. Government is just playing propaganda.
Pangea:

grin grin grin grin
Nigerian reporters, zero research! grin
Shilka is the nickname of the ZSU-23-4, a lightly armored, self-propelled, radar guided anti-aircraft weapon system (SPAAG)
It went into service in 1965 and its not modern at all! grin
A fearsome and deadly weapon system!
I believe Nigeria already have it in her armory!

Re: Boko Haram: FG Acquires 12 Fighter Jets by iterator25: 9:32am On Sep 01, 2014
rubbish, attack helics now fighter jets.. do they even know the cost of the latest fighter jets in the world?
Re: Boko Haram: FG Acquires 12 Fighter Jets by Mekateka: 9:39am On Sep 01, 2014
ebolablast:
from d look of things u are probably Igbo..well at least the white man is still alive, ihejirika should confront him
I'm from kogi and I know that the north are just trying to shift blame on the same man they initially accused of over executing bokoharam members. All na propaganda.

4 Likes

Re: Boko Haram: FG Acquires 12 Fighter Jets by Nobody: 9:40am On Sep 01, 2014
iterator25: rubbish, attack helics now fighter jets.. do they even know the cost of the latest fighter jets in the world?
grin grin grin $350 million dollars....=557,500,000,000... thats billion..... grin grin ;Dhope i got this maths right.....

Re: Boko Haram: FG Acquires 12 Fighter Jets by richybanky(m): 9:41am On Sep 01, 2014
dhammyg: I REALLY DON'T KNOW WHAT TO SAY

ANYWAYS TODAY IS MY BIRTHDAY.NAIRALANDERS MAKE UNA CONGRATULATE MEC OH!!!!!cheesy

Happy Birthday to u pretty... Long life and prosperity.. Enjoy ur day!
Re: Boko Haram: FG Acquires 12 Fighter Jets by Blockus: 9:41am On Sep 01, 2014
igwemoagbo: this was my tweet pic weeks ago..." can the USA loan us just 10 of this, so boko ll be history...i guess someone up there read my tweet then cos they seem to have taken my advice.....hahahah grin grin grin grin

Jets!!

Lol.. You want to fly jets and bomb who now?! How do you bomb targets you cant see?!

They would be better off purchasing Helicopter Gunships than Jets. The cost of flying regular sorties on a military jet is about 3 time the cost per sortie in a Gunship.

I would rather we purchase like 20 MH-6 Little Bird Helos to run sky patrol over the City and Jets like our MIGs to do intercept and precision bombing raids.

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram: FG Acquires 12 Fighter Jets by mu2sa2: 9:42am On Sep 01, 2014
chukxie: Information like this ought to have been classified. But not in Nigeria. It's out there in the open for Boko Haram sympathizers, sponsors and militants to read about; strategize and even acquire superior weapons well in advance to counter whatever weapons our military intend to purchase.
Dont mind them. Boko haram has before launched an attack and destroyed the airforce planes being used to bomb them. And they're telling them now that new planes have been acquired. No one should be surprised to hear that boko haram has destroyed the new planes on the ground. That's the reason for disclosing the acquisition, so that another set of planes can be ordered. Contract scams galore! Ha, Nigeria!
Re: Boko Haram: FG Acquires 12 Fighter Jets by Youngzedd(m): 9:45am On Sep 01, 2014
Waste of resources.

Re: Boko Haram: FG Acquires 12 Fighter Jets by SUBMARINE: 9:47am On Sep 01, 2014
Mekateka: I'm from kogi and I know that the north are just trying to shift blame on the same man they initially accused of over executing bokoharam members. All na propaganda.

The guy is not Igbo

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram: FG Acquires 12 Fighter Jets by SUBMARINE: 9:49am On Sep 01, 2014
igwemoagbo:
grin grin grin $350 million dollars....=557,500,000,000... thats billion..... grin grin ;Dhope i got this maths right.....

Its a shame we are yet to develop our own jet planes when Indians can build theirs
Re: Boko Haram: FG Acquires 12 Fighter Jets by ZeusAyo: 9:52am On Sep 01, 2014
mu2sa2: Dont mind them. Boko haram has before launched an attack and destroyed the airforce planes being used to bomb them. And they're telling them now that new planes have been acquired. No one should be surprised to hear that boko haram has destroyed the new planes on the ground. That's the reason for disclosing the acquisition, so that another set of planes can be ordered. Contract scams galore! Ha, Nigeria!
the planes destroyed were decommisioned migs parked outside in the open

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram: FG Acquires 12 Fighter Jets by ZeusAyo: 9:54am On Sep 01, 2014
iterator25: rubbish, attack helics now fighter jets.. do they even know the cost of the latest fighter jets in the world?
that's how stupid and knowledge starved our press has gotten
Re: Boko Haram: FG Acquires 12 Fighter Jets by mandon: 9:55am On Sep 01, 2014
Permit me to ask these questions. Does it mean that Nigerian airforce does not have any jet fighters at all? Why do they need to buy new jets for boko haram fight? Does this mean that we will also need to buy new jets before we can contain external aggression if any? If this last question is correct, then we are living at the mercy of our neighboring countries.

I say this because should we have external aggression, Nigerians will be wiped off through air assault considering the time it takes to place order for jet fighters and the time of taking delivery.

2 Likes

Re: Boko Haram: FG Acquires 12 Fighter Jets by texaco1: 9:56am On Sep 01, 2014
I won't be surprised if this boko haram issue is been intentionally prolonged by the fg so as to keep the miliary guys busy and to keep their minds of nigeria politics .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

EFCC Arrests Babatunde Fowler, Former FIRS Chairman / List Of The Problems Affecting Nigeria / 2019: Oby Ezekwesili Reacts To Buhari’s Declaration For Second Term

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.