Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,187 members, 7,780,304 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 12:01 PM

Nigeria Vs Congo : AFCON 2015 Qualifiers (2 - 3) On Saturday September 6, 2014 - Sports (50) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Vs Congo : AFCON 2015 Qualifiers (2 - 3) On Saturday September 6, 2014 (95194 Views)

Caf U23 Championship Qualifier :Nigeria 0 Vs Congo 0 (Live) / Congo Vs DR Congo: AFCON 2015 (2 - 3) On 31st January 2015 / Ghana, Mali, Niger, DR Congo - AFCON 2013 Group B (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (47) (48) (49) (50) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Vs Congo : AFCON 2015 Qualifiers (2 - 3) On Saturday September 6, 2014 by Ayoswit(f): 3:39pm On Sep 07, 2014
[quote
author=Ayoswit]

shebi u calabar guys were boasting of calabar stadium as eagle slaughter
ground just because Uyo stadium was about 2be completed. now wetin una go
talk now[/quote]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Vs Congo : AFCON 2015 Qualifiers (2 - 3) On Saturday September 6, 2014 by JEITO: 7:10pm On Sep 07, 2014
morsadh: Omo, guys dey para o! grin But you no mention team performance as a whole: Without direction, organisation. Sebi captain suppose dey motivate team. E no surprise me sha; when coach no fit ginger person to play well. The team performed poorly; it made me happy though. That nonsense about Calabar 'slaughterhouse' will finally end. Yippee! smiley grin grin
I say congo giv our boys bushmeat chop yesterday. Dem suppose test those our boys for one animal transmitted infection before them travel to southy tonite o
Re: Nigeria Vs Congo : AFCON 2015 Qualifiers (2 - 3) On Saturday September 6, 2014 by lozanni(m): 9:52am On Sep 08, 2014
I told a friend before this match that: " I fear Claude Leroy and not Congo".
I have been proved right because Leroy can turn an average team into potential champions through his technical depth and experience.
I suggest our technical crew should do a proper dissection of whats on Leroy's mind, in terms of the strategy(ies) he will likely deploy against us during the second leg of our match against them, so that the SE will avoid gargantum embarrasment.
Re: Nigeria Vs Congo : AFCON 2015 Qualifiers (2 - 3) On Saturday September 6, 2014 by caprini1: 11:53am On Sep 08, 2014
This NFF guys should leave kesshi alone to continue using his blend of local based serious players and some committed foreign based,if not,the worst is yet to come......Emenike just strolled into the camp,2 days to the game,and expected to be handed a start? Lets cut Keshi some slack.
Re: Nigeria Vs Congo : AFCON 2015 Qualifiers (2 - 3) On Saturday September 6, 2014 by dabossman(m): 2:29pm On Sep 08, 2014
My take on the Congo game.

I believe it was a case of over-confidence on the part of the players and the technical crew. However, I'm not one of those to say "off with Keshi's head" because of this loss. The truth is we see these things happen all the time in World football. You have 2 or 3 games in a space of 5-7 day; chances are that you will look at the opposition and say to yourself Team A seems the tougher opponent, I think I can handle Team B without using my best 11, so you rest a few key players. We see this in the top leagues all the time. An Arsenal, Man Utd or Chelsea have 3 games in 7 days; let's say Leicester on Sunday in the Premier League, Barcelona or Madrid or PSG on Wednesday in the UCL and then Tottenham on Saturday in the league. The coach is likely to rest some key players for the UCL game in the belief that Leicester is easy prey. Sometimes it pays off, sometimes it backfires. That's what Keshi did, by not starting Emenike, but sadly it back-fired. I may blame him for that but I won't say he has done something that is unheard of. He gambled and it failed. It is what coaches do.

The players also share in the blame. We may all question Keshi's tactical and technical abilities, but that is also dependent on the tactical and technical ability of the players at his disposal. The first Congolese goal showed a lack of tactical sense by Oboabona. An opposing player takes you on a mazy run down your flanks and is heading for you 18-yard box. You know you are loosing out on the race, the simple solution is to foul him. Yellow card and free-lick is the most that will happen. He wasn't the last man, neither was it a direct attempt at goal. I remember Paolo Maldini at USA 94 pulling such a stunt on Yekini. Maldini was the last man in defence and Yekini was about to go past him with pace. Maldini grabbed his arm and wrestled him to the floor. Sadly for us, then the straight red card for a professional foul had not been introduced, so all he got was a yellow; but he averted a one-on-one with Yekini and his goalie. I don't think Keshi is the one that will teach Oboabona that. Onazi also conceded an unnecessary penalty when all that was required was to force the Congolese player away from our goal. He had no business hacking the opposing player from behind like that. I don't believe Keshi is the one that will teach him that.

We need to take another look at our developmental programme. Sadly, we take so much pride in our monkey post, street football academies, thinking skill and physical prowess is all we need to succeed in football. Like Okocha once said, what a 12 year old kid in Europe knows tactically and technically about football, the African player is still struggling to learn at 18 or 19. That's one of the reasons an African team is still struggling to win the World Cup.

As for the NFF palavar? Well, what can I say? A house divided against itself cannot stand. Hopefully we can get our act together against South Africa. let the NFF hold their elections, employ a coach (keshi or whoever they want) and let us face the remaining 5 games with all seriousness.

My humble submission.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Vs Congo : AFCON 2015 Qualifiers (2 - 3) On Saturday September 6, 2014 by cbee29(m): 10:56am On Nov 15, 2014
due to popular demand for etisalat data plans,
here comes it.
ETISALAT DATA PRICES
250mb = 600
500mb = 750
750mb = 1100
1gb = 1300
2gb = 2500
etc.
MTN data is still available with 1gb as d least
data for 1300 only.
MTN can't still spoil our Joy for browsing, etisalat
is here to rescue.
hurry and get yours now!Contact Charles olukayode on 08067962516

(1) (2) (3) ... (47) (48) (49) (50) (Reply)

Sean, Kanu Nwankwo’s Son Living Up To His Father’s Football Legacy / FC Seoul Filled Empty Stadium Seats With "Sex Dolls", Apologizes / Nigeria Vs Korea DPR (6 - 2) FIFA U-20 Women's WC Semi Final On Wed 20th August

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.