Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,296 members, 7,808,009 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:48 AM

4 Ways The Holy Spirit Equip Us For Spiritual Warfare - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 4 Ways The Holy Spirit Equip Us For Spiritual Warfare (967 Views)

20 Common Dreams And Spiritual Warfare (please Read) / Ask For Spiritual Sight By Pastor Adeboye / Bishop Benenoch Is Divorcing His Wife For Spiritual Reasons (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

4 Ways The Holy Spirit Equip Us For Spiritual Warfare by Yooguyz: 10:11am On Sep 01, 2014
1. The Holy Spirit wages war with Christians’ sinful human nature. Paul writes, "For the sinful nature desires what is contrary to the Spirit, and the Spirit what is contrary to the sinful nature. They are in conflict with each other." (Gal. 5:17) Ask the Lord to help you fight the good fight of faith in overcoming your sinful desires that oppose God’s purposes, plans and priorities.

2. The Holy Spirit helps us equip ourselves with all of the spiritual weapons of war. Paul writes, "Put on the full armor of God so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes. For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms." (Eph. 6:11,12) Ask the Lord to let the Spirit guide you in strengthening, replenishing, or fortifying any aspect of your spiritual armament so you are not vulnerable in any area.

3. The Holy Spirit teaches us the truth that we need to be protected from any false accusations or insinuations. Paul wrote, "Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist." (Eph. 6:14) Truth is essential if we are going to be exposed to all kinds of attacks from the world, the flesh and the devil. Many criticisms will be hurled at forward moving Christians who are engaged in ministries that are advancing the kingdom of God and His righteousness. Ask the Lord to help you let the word of Christ dwell in you richly so that you do not entertain any doubts, fears or insecurities about God’s promises.

4. The Holy Spirit imputes Christ’s righteousness to us and assures us with the righteousness we acquire through His fruits. Paul writes, "With the breastplate of righteousness in place." (Eph. 6:14b) Ask the Lord to help you be more thankful for all aspects of His imputed righteousness and seek to live a more holy life that is evidenced by the Spirit’s fruits
Re: 4 Ways The Holy Spirit Equip Us For Spiritual Warfare by BERNIMOORE: 12:27pm On Sep 01, 2014
Yooguyz: 1. The Holy Spirit wages war with Christians’ sinful human nature. Paul writes, "For the sinful nature desires what is contrary to the Spirit, and the Spirit what is contrary to the sinful nature. They are in conflict with each other." (Gal. 5:17) Ask the Lord to help you fight the good fight of faith in overcoming your sinful desires that oppose God’s purposes, plans and priorities.

2. The Holy Spirit helps us equip ourselves with all of the spiritual weapons of war. Paul writes, "Put on the full armor of God so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes. For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms." (Eph. 6:11,12) Ask the Lord to let the Spirit guide you in strengthening, replenishing, or fortifying any aspect of your spiritual armament so you are not vulnerable in any area

sorry pastor yooguyz, paul is not saying that you should ask God for help and relax into sin, see what paul says and practice

1 Corinthians 9:27 ► i m going to use 4 good translations

English Standard Version

"But I discipline my body and keep it under control, lest after preaching to others I myself should be disqualified".

New American Standard Bible

"but I discipline my body and make it my slave, so that, after I have preached to others, I myself will not be disqualified".(in your own case yooguyz you became a slave to your body)

King James Bible
But I keep under my body, and bring it into subjection: lest that by any means, when I have preached to others, I myself should be a castaway.

Holman Christian Standard Bible
Instead, I discipline my body and bring it under [size=14pt]strict[/size] control, so that after preaching to others, I myself will not be disqualified.

3. The Holy Spirit teaches us the truth that we need to be protected from any false accusations or insinuations. Paul wrote, "Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist." (Eph. 6:14) Truth is essential if we are going to be exposed to all kinds of attacks from the world, the flesh and the devil. Many criticisms will be hurled at forward moving Christians who are engaged in ministries that are advancing the kingdom of God and His righteousness. Ask the Lord to help you let the word of Christ dwell in you richly so that you do not entertain any doubts, fears or insecurities about God’s promises.

4. The Holy Spirit imputes Christ’s righteousness to us and assures us with the righteousness we acquire through His fruits. Paul writes, "With the breastplate of righteousness in place." (Eph. 6:14b) Ask the Lord to help you be more thankful for all aspects of His imputed righteousness and seek to live a more holy life that is evidenced by the Spirit’s fruits

This is what you missed as a pastor, which i believe that whoever impose you over 3000+ church members are guilty of, emphasis on verse 7 of 1 timothy 3,,

1 Timothy 3 :1-13;
New King James Version (NKJV)
Qualifications of bishop/oveerseers and deacons

3 This is a faithful saying: If a man desires the position of a bishop, he desires a good work. 2 A bishop then must be blameless, the husband of one wife, temperate, sober-minded, of good behavior, hospitable, able to teach; 3 not given to wine, not violent, not greedy for money,[b] but gentle, not quarrelsome, not covetous; 4 one who rules his own house well, having his children in submission with all reverence 5 (for if a man does not know how to rule his own house, how will he take care of the church of God?); 6 not a novice, lest being puffed up with pride he fall into the same condemnation as the devil. [size=14pt]7 Moreover he must have a good testimony among those who are outside, lest he fall into reproach and the snare of the devil[/size]

Qualifications of Deacons

8 Likewise deacons must be reverent, not double-tongued, not given to much wine, not greedy for money, 9 holding the mystery of the faith with a pure conscience. 10 But let these also first be tested; then let them serve as deacons, being found blameless. 11 Likewise, their wives must be reverent, not slanderers, temperate, faithful in all things. 12 Let deacons be the husbands of one wife, ruling their children and their own houses well. 13 For those who have served well as deacons obtain for themselves a good standing and great boldness in the faith which is in Christ Jesus.

so i advise you to quit unclean relationship with your fathers assistant pastor, and resign your position, confess and be of good behavior

and moreover find answer to one of your fan question

https://www.nairaland.com/1439402/christians-chatbox/13

Re: The people-of-orientation Christians Chatbox by geovanni[/b]24(m): 6:44pm On Oct 17, 2013

[b]This comment is strictly for @yooguys...ii understand that you are a pastor, pastoring A church of about 3000 members!...Now from your views on the Gay attitude, ii can easily deduce that you have some gay tendencies
that you have put under control and ii applaud you for that, since gay is a thing of the mind...Now being a pastor of such an overwhelming crowd, hw do you cope with the large number of your male members who could cme T̶̲̥̅Ơ̴͡ you for councelling?...don't you think you are not honest T̶̲̥̅Ơ̴͡ yourself, iwhen the spirit of Gay is hovering arround your personality,rather. Than rebuking it for life and relinquishing its hold on you psychologically in order T̶̲̥̅Ơ̴͡ serve God better ?...2. If a psychological gay member should come T̶̲̥̅Ơ̴͡ you for. Deliverance/councelling...its assumed you both are faced with the same ordeal, HO̶̲̥̅̶̷̩̥̊͡ do you intend T̶̲̥̅Ơ̴͡ go about it?.....Beside this,since I'm convinced that you are a through man of God, ii will like T̶̲̥̅Ơ̴͡ know you personally, but on anonymous ground, cos of the position you occupy, ii believe M̶̲̥̅γ̲̣̣̥ acquaintance with you will help strengthen M̶̲̥̅γ̲̣̣̥ relationship with God and also edify M̶̲̥̅γ̲̣̣̥ view on sexuality and intimate immorality...ii also used T̶̲̥̅Ơ̴͡ be effeminate in M̶̲̥̅γ̲̣̣̥ childhood, although ii was able T̶̲̥̅Ơ̴͡ overcme it,but ii will most gratefully appreciate your enlightenment on this menace!....plz kindly email me sir......trailblazer25@yahoo.com. Ii look forward T̶̲̥̅Ơ̴͡ receiving your email. Tanks sir!

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Is Wearing Trousers(ladies) Really A Sin????? / Lord Chosen @ 12yrs / Dead For 48 Minutes,catholic Priest Claims God Is Female

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.