Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,316 members, 7,808,068 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:32 AM

Pastor Oyakhilome's Divorce Causes Division In Church? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Oyakhilome's Divorce Causes Division In Church? (618 Views)

The Oyakhilome's Divorce: Where Are Pastors Adeboye, Oyedepo, Oritsejafor. Etc? / Opinion$ On Oyakhilome's Divorce / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Divorce Anita? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Pastor Oyakhilome's Divorce Causes Division In Church? by Simple26(m): 12:52pm On Sep 01, 2014
The marriage crisis between the General Overseer of Christ Embassy International Church, Pastor Chris Oyakhilome and his wife Rev.Anita has reportedly caused discord among church members, according to Punch.

Pastor Chris Oyakhilome and wife, Rev. Anita

Some members of the church, however, took to Facebook to shared their opinion on the divorce crisis through a Facebook page created, ‘Where is Rev. Anita Oyakhilome,’ which is believed to have been opened by Anita’s fans.

According to one of the church members, Ijeoma Olive Ehirim said: “I am a Christ Embassy member. I hate one thing there: How can a pastor be working together with a lady hand in hand, attending meetings and lodging in a hotel for days. My girlfriend travels with our branch pastor annually for PPCF which holds in Lagos. Only God knows.”

One, Samantha Iwowo, described adultery as one of the grounds for divorce saying: “Pastor Chris Oyakhilome must have been discovered compromising his marital bed business. It is what it is. God says judgement will start from His house. ‘Touch not my anointed’ is God’s instruction regarding all his children, not an individual nicking, scheming, threatening monies off people’s purses and telling them that salvation is tied to tithes and that seed sowing is only money donation to the church/pastor’s coffers. One down, more to roll. Christ be praised.”

A former member of the church, Chinyere Okechukwu-George, claimed to have left the church when she observed some irregularities saying: “I and my family left Christ Embassy for our own good after worshiping there for three years plus and seeing all the things going on under the disguise of church. And I can comfortably say that for over a year now, we have had so much peace in our Christian lives. I don’t care how you view my comment but truth must be told.”

Joseph Osagiede, contrary to the report making rounds of the separation said the Oyakhilomes were still together saying:  “I have been in Christ Embassy for 12 years. All is totally well with thier marriage. All those wishing them to split and also those going about saying nasty things about the church, be careful.”. http://www.naij.com/283062-pastor-oyakhilome-wifes-divorce-splits-christ-embassy-members.html
Re: Pastor Oyakhilome's Divorce Causes Division In Church? by PastorKun(m): 4:55pm On Sep 01, 2014
1 Timothy 3:1-7New International Version (NIV)

Qualifications for Overseers and Deacons
3 Here is a trustworthy saying: Whoever aspires to be an overseer desires a noble task. 2 Now the overseer is to be above reproach, faithful to his wife, temperate, self-controlled, respectable, hospitable, able to teach, 3 not given to drunkenness, not violent but gentle, not quarrelsome, not a lover of money. 4 He must manage his own family well and see that his children obey him, and he must do so in a manner worthy of full[a] respect. 5 (If anyone does not know how to manage his own family, how can he take care of God’s church?) 6 He must not be a recent convert, or he may become conceited and fall under the same judgment as the devil. 7 He must also have a good reputation with outsiders, so that he will not fall into disgrace and into the devil’s trap.

(1) (Reply)

Synagogue Church Tragedy: T.B. Joshua Reveals Why He Was Attacked / New Section: Christianity For Christians Must Be Formed By Seun / Iran: ‘bad Hijab’ Is Blamed For The Acid Attacks On Women

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.