Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,532 members, 7,808,957 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:05 PM

My Two Months Of Internship At S.cubedstudios Limited - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / My Two Months Of Internship At S.cubedstudios Limited (632 Views)

Graduate Internship At Carmudi Nigeria For Business Development Assistant / How To Make Over N500,000 In Two Months Without Investing Kobo / HELP!!! Jumia 8 Months Of Inaction. Resolved (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

My Two Months Of Internship At S.cubedstudios Limited by scubed(m): 1:04pm On Sep 01, 2014
Every journey a human being starts in life must surely have an end. This has been a journey of more than two months at s.cubedstudios Limited, located at 9, Alhaji Jimoh street, off Adeniyi Jones, Ikeja, Lagos. Nigeria. Two months of hard training, learning things I never knew before I came to this company, also, two months of seeing myself as a worker and not a student. Most times when I hear about internship from other people, it never occurred to me that it will come on me someday but here I am today rounding up what I call a school outside a school.

My boss “Mr. Yomi Ashiru” is not just a boss but a teacher, a mentor, a brother and also a nice and understanding person. I came to s.cubedstudios not knowing how to use a WordPress to create a standard website, but just knowing how to use DreamWeaver but he settled down and showed me the basics in using WordPress in creating a website and it really became so easy to me. He also gave me a task that I should create a website using WordPress, at first I was nervous, but I took it up and created a clothing website named “mayorcouture”, though it was just the landing page I was able to create, but I got a pass mark from him even though he pointed out some certain things that are not right and are not meant to be in a standard website; I took correction to the things he pointed out. He also showed me d site he normally use to host websites he creates which is called “blacknight”.

He also showed me more advance ways of editing pictures before using them on the website. There were also some tools he showed me on Gimp that I never knew before even though I have been using that software.

MY TWO MONTHS OF INTERNSHIP AT S.CUBEDSTUDIOS LIMITED Gimp is graphical software used in editing pictures, creating fliers, and designing whatever you want.

Secondly, we moved into designing a 2015 calendar for a company and he told me that I will be the one in charge in the designing of the project. I started the task and sincerely, I wasn’t feeling what I was designing. I kept on trying, trying to bring out a different concept from what has been done previously. I tried and I kept doing things below standard.

A day came and he told me that he will be travelling for two days and I should take the office system home and see what I can make out of the calendar. I took my time and came out with a master piece and when I came back to the office after the 2- day break he was actually marveled and astonished with what he saw. He also made some corrections to the designs and the font styles I did saying they are not looking corporate because it is for a company and it should look corporate, I took the corrections and adjusted the calendar designs and it was looking official.

Working at s.cubedstudios have also adjusted my lifestyle to that of a working class personnel who wakes up very early in the morning and get dressed for work. It also affected my fashion sense; where it has made me look official and smart as a worker. It has also made me to visualize into the future of getting into the labor market when I’m done from the university.

When I get back to school, I will have a lot of stories to tell about my working experience and I will also know things that some of my colleagues don’t know.

(1) (Reply)

Part Time Oppoutunity / Alibaba Founder Jack Ma Tops China Rich List / Quit That Demo Now And Go Live With Free Real Money

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.