Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,254 members, 7,807,872 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:10 PM

Army Repels Boko Haram Attack, Kills 45 Terrorists - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Army Repels Boko Haram Attack, Kills 45 Terrorists (56147 Views)

Troop Repels Boko Haram Attack In Gulak, Recover Vehicles, Ammunitions(Pics) / Military Repels Boko Haram Attack on Damaturu / Military Reclaims Michika, Gulak, Uba Kills And Repels Insurgent From Vintim (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Army Repels Boko Haram Attack, Kills 45 Terrorists by daben1(m): 7:10am On Sep 02, 2014
Samueldo: MAIDUGURI – No fewer than 45 suspected members of Boko Haram sect have been killed in an encounter with military troops when the terrorists attempted to invade and take over Bama Local Government Area of Borno State.
Over 30 of the insurgents were also injured in the fierce battle with security operatives that lasted for over 5 hours.
The incident according to sources started in the early hours ofMondayat about5:30am.
This is even as an unconfirmed report revealed that another group of the insurgents were sightedon Mondayaround Mafa Local Government Area and Kayamula villages of Konduga Local Government Area near Maiduguri metropolis, but the ones sighted around Kayamula village were killed by military troops, while those around Mafa were suspected to be making frantic effort to enter the metropolis.
Bama is about 76 kilometres drive and south east of Maiduguri, the state capital which had witnessed series of deadly attacks by suspected terrorists.
A competent source said, “the insurgents stormed the town through Bama-Banki-Gwoza Road but were intercepted by gallant military troops near the Bama Mobile Police Unit located about 5 kilometers away from Bama town.
The Boko Haram insurgents were said to have tactically attempted to enter Bama town in convoy of military vehicles and motorcycles wearing military uniform armed with sophisticated weapons and local Improved Explosive Devices (IEDs).

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/09/45-boko-haram-members-killed-army-repel-attack-bama/
Nigerian Army is working!!

1 Like

Re: Army Repels Boko Haram Attack, Kills 45 Terrorists by daben1(m): 7:13am On Sep 02, 2014
richeso: [size=20pt]1 thing wey dey vex me about media's ehn.. why dem no dey give pictures of the deadbody of boko people?
if na boko kill dem go show us. but if we kill no pictures why?[/size]
go there go snap the pictures na

3 Likes

Re: Army Repels Boko Haram Attack, Kills 45 Terrorists by tsolz150: 7:22am On Sep 02, 2014
The only thing i can say is this--"May Allah continually bless and protect the NA".
Insha Allah,terrorism in nigeria will be a thing of the past soon.

1 Like

Re: Army Repels Boko Haram Attack, Kills 45 Terrorists by heilige(m): 7:25am On Sep 02, 2014
We need to see the pictures of dead boko haram member with their weapons.
That way we are sure they died in action and are real boko haram members

1 Like

Re: Army Repels Boko Haram Attack, Kills 45 Terrorists by Nobody: 7:29am On Sep 02, 2014
okonja: I won't say this news is true or false because right now am in Maiduguri and everywhere is so deserted at this time of posting which is unusual by this time of the day (6:30pm)... Earlier today I saw soldiers that managed to escape from Bama seating on sand along roadside looking so exhausted....The usual 9pm curfew is now reversed back to 7pm today...., If BH boys could successfully attacked Giwa Barrack inside Maiduguri back in March, anything can happen oh!... angry, I pray God didn't let the worst to happen... cry

seriously, you still live in Bornu state? hmm people dey take risk oh!

2 Likes

Re: Army Repels Boko Haram Attack, Kills 45 Terrorists by muchyblink(m): 7:39am On Sep 02, 2014
But Junk Sahara reporters reported dat d terrorists have taken over Bama. They even tagged them militants and not terrorists. Thunder go fire those reporters working for APC

5 Likes

Re: Army Repels Boko Haram Attack, Kills 45 Terrorists by osnova(m): 7:43am On Sep 02, 2014
NICE MOVE.....
Re: Army Repels Boko Haram Attack, Kills 45 Terrorists by Ekundayo7: 7:48am On Sep 02, 2014
drestoneokuta: I really don't know what to believe anymore, 2day naija army is on the offensive, 2moro 480 soldiers will runaway, 1 fact is starting to sink into my brain which is "NIGERIA IS AT WAR!!! cry
I was trying to say that months and months ago, even years, but no one seemed to be aware of it undecided This is not a joke, just like ebola, these animals are killers and their idols and benefactors are ISIS and other subhuman demons walking the face of the earth. I will never get tired of shouting DIVIDE THE NORTH AND S SE SW NOW! PUMP UP THE MILITARY (SANS NORTHERN MUSLIM PUPPETS) BUILD A 3O FOOT HIGH WALL, LAY DOWN 10 MILES OF LAND MINES WITH RAZOR WIRE AND ANTI TANK CONCRETE BARRIERS, HAVE TANKS STATIONED AT THE READY AND RECON TOWERS EVERY FEW KILOMETERS. ANYONE WHO WANTS TO LEAVE THE SHITARI'A "PARADISE" AND ITS RABID ISLAM, CAN RELOCATE. IF YOU ARE A FANATICAL MUSLIM HAPPY UNDER SHITARI'A, PLEASE STAY IN BOKO LAND AND FACE THE MUSIC OF YOUR "PEACELOVING" MASTERS. angry angry angry

4 Likes

Re: Army Repels Boko Haram Attack, Kills 45 Terrorists by Melahou(m): 7:52am On Sep 02, 2014
kill them all...
Re: Army Repels Boko Haram Attack, Kills 45 Terrorists by liongirl: 7:56am On Sep 02, 2014
Niger Army forlife
Samueldo: MAIDUGURI – No fewer than 45 suspected members of Boko Haram sect have been killed in an encounter with military troops when the terrorists attempted to invade and take over Bama Local Government Area of Borno State.
Over 30 of the insurgents were also injured in the fierce battle with security operatives that lasted for over 5 hours.
The incident according to sources started in the early hours ofMondayat about5:30am.
This is even as an unconfirmed report revealed that another group of the insurgents were sightedon Mondayaround Mafa Local Government Area and Kayamula villages of Konduga Local Government Area near Maiduguri metropolis, but the ones sighted around Kayamula village were killed by military troops, while those around Mafa were suspected to be making frantic effort to enter the metropolis.
Bama is about 76 kilometres drive and south east of Maiduguri, the state capital which had witnessed series of deadly attacks by suspected terrorists.
A competent source said, “the insurgents stormed the town through Bama-Banki-Gwoza Road but were intercepted by gallant military troops near the Bama Mobile Police Unit located about 5 kilometers away from Bama town.
The Boko Haram insurgents were said to have tactically attempted to enter Bama town in convoy of military vehicles and motorcycles wearing military uniform armed with sophisticated weapons and local Improved Explosive Devices (IEDs).

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/09/45-boko-haram-members-killed-army-repel-attack-bama/
Re: Army Repels Boko Haram Attack, Kills 45 Terrorists by Ekundayo7: 7:57am On Sep 02, 2014
texaco1: I won't be surprised if the fg brings in foreign mecenaries to help the army,but this will further compound the issue
That depends if they are officially "attached" to a government. There are plenty of men worldwide who are ready willing and able to go slit the throats of these demons. If ISIS murderers can make a call to all jihadists to come and wrapp, murder, torture, behead small children, bury innocent women and girls alive, wrapp small boys in the a33 and murder their parents in front of them, I see no reason why we can't make a call to all SANE HUMANS to SAVE NIGERIA AND HER PEOPLE FROM THESE ISLAMIC DEMONS. Truly the world is going mad. British housewives are f'ing running off to marry terrorist and threatening to behead any US UK solider they can get their hands on with a dull knife. Truly end times. I can't wait to see more pits dug in the sand with Boko bozs gurgling their last breath before they get kicked in. Shekau needs special care. Only the slowest and most painful torture for that mad demon.
Re: Army Repels Boko Haram Attack, Kills 45 Terrorists by okoolori(m): 7:59am On Sep 02, 2014
drestoneokuta: I really don't know what to believe anymore, 2day naija army is on the offensive, 2moro 480 soldiers will runaway, 1 fact is starting to sink into my brain which is "NIGERIA IS AT WAR!!! cry

With who? Cockroach Boko Haram that they gave so much space to be reproducing Bed bugs?
Re: Army Repels Boko Haram Attack, Kills 45 Terrorists by Missy89(f): 8:00am On Sep 02, 2014
Good Job! But why are they repelling instead of being on the offensive?

Looks like BH is now a full blown army.
Re: Army Repels Boko Haram Attack, Kills 45 Terrorists by Nobody: 8:02am On Sep 02, 2014
ThankGod
Re: Army Repels Boko Haram Attack, Kills 45 Terrorists by Sunnybobo3(m): 8:09am On Sep 02, 2014
heilige[b:
]We need to see the pictures of dead boko haram member [/b]with their weapons.
That way we are sure they died in action and are real boko haram members

So you can accuse the Army of human rights abuse.

1 Like

Re: Army Repels Boko Haram Attack, Kills 45 Terrorists by Lilimax(f): 8:38am On Sep 02, 2014
sirjohnson: Nice Development. We hope they continue this way

The picture below is the Australian Boko Haram negotiator. He just released all the sponsors of Boko Haram to Saha Reporters.Full story Here
Cowards!
Why did they cover their face angry?

God bless our gallant soldiers.
God bless our president and those that meant well for Nigeria
Shame on enemies of Nigeria: Boko sympathisers, sponsors and the media houses that supports them embarassed.
Re: Army Repels Boko Haram Attack, Kills 45 Terrorists by okonja(m): 8:39am On Sep 02, 2014
saytan:

seriously, you still live in Bornu state? hmm people dey take risk oh!
. Na money I find come here oh!...
Re: Army Repels Boko Haram Attack, Kills 45 Terrorists by olapluto(m): 8:59am On Sep 02, 2014
I have watched 2 videos of BH operations. Killing 45 of them is like tickling them. While I give credit to the NA for a great job, I still do not believe they are in control of Bama. It is really depressing and heart breaking.
Nigerian army is now on the backfoot, going defensive rather than being in control. We have the number, the weapons, and the goodwill. Gone are the days of fighting ghosts...Now BH have shown their faces and attack in groups. This time, only problem is that our military commanders seem to be cowering and clueless so far.
I think the war is coming to an end soon though. A good momemtum for BH is like a sweet poison. They will be buoyed by recent victories and continue to push forward till they meet their waterloo. Same confidence that Hitler had which made him make miscalculations when he was few kilometers from capturing Moscow.
I believe BH will march on to Maiduguri before the end of this month, and they will most likely capture Maiduguri (scary thoughts!). However, this will also allow an evolution of some highly patriotic, gallant soldiers (like the 2 Marine Commandos of Benjamin Adekunle). These few, but very brave and rugged soldiers will be the ones to deal decisively with BH.
For now, NA will suffer more defeats till the command structure is broken down. Only then can intelligent army personnel take over and refresh their strategies.

1 Like

Re: Army Repels Boko Haram Attack, Kills 45 Terrorists by Businesslocator(m): 8:59am On Sep 02, 2014
invest via atm card or perfect money
and get paid after 7 business days www.einvest.com.ng office address : Plot 595 Durumi Road Area 1, Near Old
Secretariat,Abuja.
Re: Army Repels Boko Haram Attack, Kills 45 Terrorists by olapluto(m): 9:03am On Sep 02, 2014
BTW...we keep hearing of expected military hardwares being ordered. Are we sure these ogas at the top have not spent the money for this contract?
By the time the 'gigantic hardwares' arrive, BH will be pushing from Borno to Gombe state.
Re: Army Repels Boko Haram Attack, Kills 45 Terrorists by 4Play(m): 9:07am On Sep 02, 2014
Bama has fallen but in the redoubtable Naija spirit of self-delusion, we continue to claim that Boko Haram is defeated.

I suspect Boko Haram will move on to take Maiduguri in the coming weeks. Maybe then, Nigerians might wake up. I don't hold much hope though.

3 Likes

Re: Army Repels Boko Haram Attack, Kills 45 Terrorists by litetias(m): 9:09am On Sep 02, 2014
This is irresponsible journalism. We all know the armed forces are ill equipped. There's no way they won that battle for Bama. They didn't even tell us how many casualties were suffered on the Army side. Nigerian journalism backward till Jesus comes.
Re: Army Repels Boko Haram Attack, Kills 45 Terrorists by hardbody: 9:24am On Sep 02, 2014
tsolz150: The only thing i can say is this--"May Allah continually bless and protect the NA".
Insha Allah,terrorism in nigeria will be a thing of the past soon.

Make your brothers in the Lord of Allah no hear you oooo. They kill first and apologise later. Just a friendly warning and advise.
Re: Army Repels Boko Haram Attack, Kills 45 Terrorists by debrihachi(f): 9:41am On Sep 02, 2014
fidzy:

are u for real?
Lol....looking for criticism
Re: Army Repels Boko Haram Attack, Kills 45 Terrorists by Allohrandy(m): 9:46am On Sep 02, 2014
litetias: This is irresponsible journalism. We all know the armed forces are ill equipped. There's no way they won that battle for Bama. They didn't even tell us how many casualties were suffered on the Army side. Nigerian journalism backward till Jesus comes.
very backward reportin indeed. No pictures or video. They are in lagos reporting what is happening in Borno state. Bbc, cnn and western news station usually send their reporters to Iraq, Gaza, Maiduguri or any war zone to report the news live. Nigerian journalist cant even travel to their own backyard in borno state to report the news.

1 Like

Re: Army Repels Boko Haram Attack, Kills 45 Terrorists by zendy: 10:00am On Sep 02, 2014
A lot of Nigerians don't seem to understand what is going on. One has only to look at other countries where Islamic fundamentalism has taken hold. These people are fighting to create an Islamic state and they will stop at nothing to achieve this aim. The Jihadist who believes he is fighting a holy war and will have loads of virgins in heaven if he dies is a dangerous individual because he has nothing to lose. ISIS that are causing havoc in the middle -east started as a small group and now they are taking over large territories. I predict that Boko Haram who have now graduated to taking over Local governments and declaring Caliphates will only get stronger. They are now threatening to take over Bornu state and when they do this,they will gradually spread all over the north linking with other Jihadists. When they eventually control the north,that's when they will march down South to complete what Usman dan Fodio didn't finish many years ago. The total Islamisation of Nigeria. Women will be raped and married off and men who refuse to convert and join their cause will be beheaded. This scenario is happening all over the world right now and anyone who thinks the Nigerian army will save us should dream on. A large swat of the Nigerian army are northerners who sympathetic to Boko Haram. How do you guys think Boko Haram are getting grenades and rocket launchers? They bought it at the local market? We can all lie to our selves about the sacrosanctity of 'One Nigeria' but in truth,no such thing exists except in the mind of the ignorant. As 2015 approaches,you can bet these people will step up insurgency and more people will die because as you all know,these Islamists would rather die than have GEJ,a Southern Christian rule over them. The same senseless killings of defenceless civilians motivated by political and religious bigotry which forced Ojukwu to declare Biafra and defend his people still lives with us today. We can either accept that Nigeria is failed state that should be dissolved peacefully along ethnic and geo-political lines and let us go and pursue our individual objectives separately. I refuse as an Igbo man to live in the same country with people who want kill me because I am not a Muslim. I refuse to die because of 'one Nigeria' which means nothing to me. It is the inalienable right of people to chart their destiny and I have every right to decide who to associate with who not to. If anyone from Southern Nigeria is willing to be killed,raped and forcefully converted to a religion they don't accept because of the dream if 'one Nigeria' they can be my guest but for those of us who don't accept this,we should be thinking of disbanding the political ties between us and Northern Nigeria and going as our own separate country. This is the only way to safe guard whatever is precious to us.

1 Like

Re: Army Repels Boko Haram Attack, Kills 45 Terrorists by sayusuf(m): 10:02am On Sep 02, 2014
I heard from my contact in Bama, that they walk 60km to maiduguri together with the soldiers. What is happening with my dear Army. I think they should just train nd armed civilian JTF
Re: Army Repels Boko Haram Attack, Kills 45 Terrorists by GuyFawkes: 10:22am On Sep 02, 2014
Missy89: Good Job! But why are they repelling instead of being on the offensive?

Looks like BH is now a full blown army.

Can't remember the last time the NA was on the offensive,they've been repelling attacks since the turn of the year anyway.
BH must be a full army since they've been attacking military barracks and other formations,a ragtag militia won't venture that far surely.

1 Like

Re: Army Repels Boko Haram Attack, Kills 45 Terrorists by Nwoke2012: 10:28am On Sep 02, 2014
sayusuf: I heard from my contact in Bama, that they walk 60km to maiduguri together with the soldiers. What is happening with my dear Army. I think they should just train nd armed civilian JTF

Can somebody actually walk 60km in one day? All these mallams sef.

1 Like

Re: Army Repels Boko Haram Attack, Kills 45 Terrorists by Nobody: 10:41am On Sep 02, 2014
Nwoke2012:

On the average, it would take 15 - 16 hours to walk from Bama to Maiduguri. grin
Re: Army Repels Boko Haram Attack, Kills 45 Terrorists by texaco1: 11:04am On Sep 02, 2014
Nwoke2012:

when ur life is threatened ,no distance is too long to cover in a day

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Bandit, Yellow Baba Arusa Who Led Sunday’s Attack On Kaduna-Abuja Road shot Dead / Hafsat Abiola Knelt Down While Thanking Bola Tinubu (Throwback Video) / The Moment Buhari Arrived Dikko Stadium In Katsina For His Final Campaign

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.